NorthMarq Capital Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Commercial Escrow Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 30, 2017
This was a fun place to work. They had monthly lunches/breakfasts for employees. Free drinks - sodas, juices, snacks were provided daily for employees.
Good culture but limited growth
Senior Investment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 31, 2017
You see a lot of deals and the work environment is very strong. Unless you are planning to go into production there is limited growth potential.
DUS Screening Analyst
DUS Screening Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2016
• Monitored transaction flow in the screening pipeline and analyzed all of the transactions documents provided by the company and/or other producers through the production team.
• Registered transactions in pipeline and deal management.
• Reviewed loan requests and identified mitigants and/or other alternative program options for compliant and non-compliant transactions.
Great Company. Difficult management.
Servicing (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 24, 2016
I'm still currently employed with this company. The company is great and they really do care about their employees. However, management is usually difficult to work with. Guidelines usually aren't clear and often change without any notification. I do not have a degree and when I accepted the position it was not a requirement. They have since changed their requirements and a 4 year degree or certification is now required for my position. Since the change, I and others seem to be scrutinized more harshly than others, which makes it hard to feel like you have job security.
Pros
Great company.
Cons
Difficult management.
Highly Competitive
Underwriting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 2, 2016
Largest private real estate financing company in the USA, great company that strives for excellence and quality service.
Great culture and but stressful time constraints
Commercial Insurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  bloomington, MNJune 11, 2015
The company has a nice office culture and set-up. Training is like a boot camp and the workload doesn't slow down after that. Great place to build skills and learn time management but difficult to advance. Good Job Security though.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Low salary lack of growth
Servicing (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 5, 2015
Good benefits but low salary. There is not a lot of opportunity for advancement. Management is not approachable. No remote access or telecommuting
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay
Great company, great management.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 9, 2015
On a personal note, I am at a dead-end and feeling un-motivated due to lack of financial or commercial real estate degree. I an stuck. But with the right background and ambition, this is a great company to work for.
My favorite place of employment.
Investment Analyst, Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 18, 2013
I supported the production and closing staff by doing anything I could to make their workload lighter and easier.

What I learned was that although I was very loyal for almost 20 years, there is never job security anywhere; therefore, we should always continue to better ourselves with education, keep up with the latest technology, never take a job for granted and always do more than just your job duties.

There wasn't anything hard about my job and the most enjoyable part was knowing I had a second family. I understood why I (along with others) had to be laid off. I'm very grateful for the years I worked there and the flexibility they gave me since I had two sons that were involved in sports. I earned many weeks of vacation time and that's probably what I miss the most. I could take a week off and still get paid.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Good people to work with
Sr. Commercial Mortgage Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 10, 2012
They are a good company but I wanted to get into underwriting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NorthMarq Capital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8