Northrop Grumman
1,268 reviews

Northrop Grumman Employer Reviews

Operations Project Management, Level 3 (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAJuly 31, 2014
Fast Paced, productive yet not enough recognition for the extended work hours and weekend volunteer work.
Interesting place to work
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee), Azusa, CAJuly 30, 2014
Overall good place to work, with end of year holiday shut down.
People Oriented Company
Contract Administrator (Current Employee), Palmdale, CAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: proximity to my home
Cons: contracts group stationed in other parts of country
Lots of opportunities for growth in my field. I work with a wide variety of other work disciplines allowing me to know the depth of my job from many angles. The management is easy to work with.
Poor management
Help Desk Specialist II (Current Employee), Annapolis Junction, MDJuly 30, 2014
Pros: networking
Cons: poor mid-level management
Management on my project was poor (every team member tried to leave/change teams many times). Job/Balance was great, except travel times were either early in AM, or late in evening.
Interesting Software Engineering work if locatated at Schriever AFB
Software Engineer / Management (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 29, 2014
Pros: interesting software engineering and technology work
Cons: no listening to music, no cell phones, no restaurants, locked in or out of work
I've been at Northrop Grumman for almost 20 years. I've worked on many interesting projects. If you like the the technology the US military uses, you might like Northrop Grumman. Northrop Grumman is a hard company to review. Since it is so large, there is no way anybody could understand all of its locations and culture.
I am looking to change jobs more – more... out of dissatisfaction of working at Schriever AFB and the JNIC more so than Northrop. The security concerns and inconvenience of the JNIC have started to get the best of me. I miss being able to eat at a restaurant for lunch or handling occasional personal business during work hours without taking the whole day off. I miss being able to listen to my headphones while writing software. I miss being able come to or leave work without being confronted by military police with M16s. Frequently 100's of people are temporarily locked in or locked out of work because of security incidences or military exercises. I've been doing this for a long time and I'm ready for something most people would consider normal. – less
Dynamic, innovative and builds leadership
District Manager (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 29, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: that i cannot repeat the experience
Outstanding, dynamic, diverse, and corporation. Opportunities abound to excel.
Great people to work with
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), SLC, UtJuly 29, 2014
Pros: people & the products you work on
Cons: defense contracts the come and go
Enjoyed my time working with some great people in SLC. Defense industry is challenging and rewarding, but not always stable do to funding issues.
I really enjoyed my tenure at Northrop Grumman.
Support Specialist II (Former Employee), Atl, GaJuly 29, 2014
Pros: competive pay, great 401, nice medical
Cons: n/a
I enjoy working in Northrop Grumman the working atmosphere is very professional and friendly. I've learned many technical skills from my position at Northrop.The current fiscal environment; as well as acquisition processes pose challenges to NG growth and opportunity space within the local area. I really enjoyed my tenure at Northrop Grumman.
NA
Engineering Planning Analyst III (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJuly 29, 2014
A typical day at work involved a tremendous amount of learning.
So so work place
Die Sort Visual Inspector (Former Employee), Redondo Beach, CaJuly 28, 2014
Pros: good paying job
Cons: unfriendly working environment
After have been working there for more then 2 years, I won't want to be back. Due to unfriendly work environments, some other thing that I can mentions.
typical big company
Lead Technical Recruiter (Former Employee), columbia, mdJuly 28, 2014
Pros: a ton of work
Cons: slow and bland
do whatever possible to work around slow managers, lots of red tape, deep IN the box thinkers, drone managers.
Rewarding, innovative, valued
Structures/Composites Aircraft Certified Mechanic (Current Employee), Palmdale, CAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: commute
• Assembles structural parts and components to meet requirements for preserving structural integrity and low observable qualities
• Repair, replace and modify sheet metal and composite parts, skins and panels to exacting tolerances
Productive, fun place to work
Sr. Laminator (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: opportunities for growth, free lunch and a 9/80 schedule
Cons: too much emphasis on seniority
My experience at Northrop grumman was great. They actually appreciate and respect their technicians. They give you a lot of opportunities to be much more than just a technician/mechanic. The only thing that i didn't like was that the Sr. techs were lazy, they were protected by their seniority and they knew it.
Productive and fun place to work.
Measurements Technician (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 24, 2014
Extremely professional and an exciting place to work with highly skilled employees.
Good place for work
Mathematician IV (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJuly 24, 2014
Good place for work. needed a lot of statistical help to improve the quality of industrial processes. Nice people,
Just a budget problem
Program Control Acct (Former Employee), McLean, VAJuly 24, 2014
I loved coming in everyday and recording all financial aspects of the job.
Very productive and friendly working environment
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee), Aberdeen, MDJuly 24, 2014
I enjoy working in Northrop Grumman the working atmosphere is very professional and friendly. I've learned many technical skills from my past and current position at Northrop.
Excellent company to work for
Director of Operations and Programs (Current Employee), Carson, CAJuly 22, 2014
Solid work life balance encouraging employees involvement.
Poorly Managed
SCA Computer Systems Analyst III (Current Employee), Kirtland, NMJuly 22, 2014
Company is way to big. Employees are just a number. Unqualified management, poor decision making, no care for employee retention, no promoting from within. Poor choice to work here.
Northrop-Grumman Corp.
IT Senior Software Developer (Former Employee), Hawthorne, CAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: very good training and allowed college after hours.
Cons: when it your time -- you are history ! (layoff city)
Excellent company but during my ending tenure there were periodic layoffs almost quarterly.
The plant I worked at for more than a decade was closed and the building/complex demo'ed and sold to Fed Ex. at One Northrop Way.

1 2 3 4 5

About Northrop Grumman

Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics, – Read more

Northrop Grumman Photos