Northrop Grumman
1,623 reviews

Northrop Grumman United States Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Fingerprint Technician (Former Employee), Newark, NJApril 26, 2015
Fun Workplace! Love working there...Management was good ! It was Advance ...co-workers were good to me! I just love working There
See previous summary
Lead Procurement Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 24, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: opportunities for advancement
I was able to get involved with supplier surveillance and was able to lead a team of younger engineers and share knowledge gained from my extensive work experience.
Great Company
Test Director (Current Employee), Wallops Island, VAApril 24, 2015
Getting to work with cutting edge technology. Good people to work with. It gave me the opportunity to learn a lot of various systems.
Norhttop Grumman the aerospace shuffle
Chief Engineer (Former Employee), Beale AFBApril 22, 2015
Pros: Interesting work
Cons: Programs come and go
NG is your typical large aerospace contractor. Programs come and go every few years so you always have to be looking for your next job inside the company. If you can break through to the senior manager level then you have it made. Otherwise you are doing what I call the aerospace shuffle.

It is not a bad place to work as long as you are aware of how the game is played.
The first few years were awesome. then a new breed of bosses came in and quality of life at the company went down hill fast
Maintenance Janitor (Former Employee), Bethpage, NYApril 21, 2015
There were no typical days at Grumman. Every day was different, in a sense of what had to be done on that day. The main thing I learned was how to get along with people better. Management was OK but not great. I got along great with my co-workers some of whom were outstanding at there craft. The hardest part I would say was when a co-worker doesn't carry there weight in a assignment. The most enjoyable part was the relax atmosphere at the job.
NGC
Material Coordinator Planner 2 (Former Employee), Carson, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Job stability
Cons: Govenment budgets affect employment stabilty
1. Typical day would be full of different task and it was a great multitasking job.
2. I learned many things from the business aspect of the Sub Contractors of (DOD) perspective. I acquired many skills and abilities to self development, processes and procedures. Many software practices such as; matrices, spreadsheets and tack timing products.
3. Management was ok.
4. Co-workers were great, it was a melting pot from all walks of life, I learned many things from my surroundings and the many departments and teams. Patience, understanding and seeing life from all angles.
5. There was no real hard part to this job, since there was always constant training and skill development opportunities.
6. The best part of the job was, the interactions with multiple departments, such as; planners, schedulers, software engineers, testing teams, assemblers, project managers and procurement teams. The challenging programs and time tables.
Great work environment
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 21, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: short breaks
Great benefits and flexibility. Great management team that cares about the employees they hire. They are willing to help you succeed and manage your goals with in the company. I don't want to leave the our contact is leaving.
Great place to work.
Electro Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLApril 19, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: none so far
Just started ...so far great job and location. Love the 9/80 work schedule. Always busy and learning new things. Would recommend for long term employment.
productive and fun workplace
Aircraft Electrician (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 18, 2015
Pros: knowledgeable personnel
Cons: company to big
Good Company to work for. Worked in team of people to accomplish goals. Management was good. Hardest part was being lay'ed off. Enjoyed working with many knowledgeable coworkers.
Great way to make money
Inside Machinist (Former Employee), Newport News, VAApril 18, 2015
Pros: Learning the trade
Cons: Management
The hours were great and the pay was amazing! However, the work is tedious and consuming. I loved the people I had to work with but the management was cocky, rude and disrespectful. I worked as a inside machinist apprentice and I loved it. Each day I would work on a project, read blue prints, layout work pieces and inspect my parts. There are so many moving parts when doing this type of work but it was fun.
Good company with great benefits
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 17, 2015
NG is an ethical company with strict standards. They provide a lot of opportunities for growth, and they treat their employees well.
Quite good!!
Multi-Discipline Simulation Integrator (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZApril 17, 2015
Such a good company for the pure size of the employer. Multiple divisions and exponential positions and locations if you wish to stay and grow with the company.
Very solid place to work, with few downsides
Senior Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Annapolis Junction, MDApril 17, 2015
Very solid place to work, with few downsides. My focus was on a particular customer, so I did not have perspective across the entire corporation, but I always enjoyed my work here.
HP Expert Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Stable Company
Cons: Relocation Requirements
Participate in foundation (inventory planning, order processing, purchasing, and finance) workshops to outline key components of the SAP organization structure and map US Army Logistics and business structure to a new model. Work with project teams to analyze and document current state business processes and procedures for Windows Mobile on NetWeaver 7 and SAP ECC 6.0
Productive and cutting edge technology company.
RF COMM ENGINEER III (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Extremely exciting work.
Cons: California prices were a killer.
This company was a dream job in every way besides being in California. I couldn't afford to live there on the salary. If it was not for that fact I would still be working there today.
Good job
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Newport News, VAApril 13, 2015
Make sure all VTC/AV equipment is used in proper manor. Schedule VTC's for VIP's . Perform maintenance on VTC's and AV equipment.
Great learning environment
Senior Security Analyst Department (Current Employee), Washington D.CApril 10, 2015
Able to express ideas and develop skills. The company allows growth through the many opportunities within the company.
Business Process Requirements Analyst (Current Employee), Woodlawn, MDApril 8, 2015
With the right management, growth is possible. Customers are good. Work has its ups and downs with some contracts being more active than others.
Great Company
Logistical Analyst/Technical Trainer (Current Employee), Richmond VaApril 7, 2015
Great Company.. Friendly company. Great healthcare and 401k. You are treated like a person. They respect your opinion
Great experience, but could be better
Intern (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAApril 6, 2015
I enjoyed the time there as a high school student, but the work that needed to be done with my skill level was not too exciting nor challenging. Other schools participated, but students in the morning session had the most opportunities to do projects and had mentors who weren't exhausted from the day's work. However, at the end of the day, it was a good opportunity to be exposed to the engineering world.

1 2 3 4 5

About Northrop Grumman

Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics, – Read more

Northrop Grumman Salaries