Northrop Grumman
1,696 reviews

Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews

Competitive culture in a tight, 'restricted customer' envirenmont
Administrative support and Development Testing (Current Employee), Northern VirginiaJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Solid traditional benefits, company size when work begins to dry up at one location
Cons: worke in the DC area is becoming more 'iffy' as the Government programs become leaner and meaner
Excellent brand recognition for defense hardware which carries over into the sotware engineering/SETA roles prevalent in Northern Virginia. Current budget slashing has taken much of the fun/satisfaction out of the workplace, however.
Program Management Slow to Act Unless Problem Proceived As Risk
RF Microwave Hardware Design Engineer IV (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 29, 2015
Pros: Diversity of Work, Great People in general, Solid Benefits, and Flexible Work Hours
Cons: Management is inept at resolving staffing issues or aiding employees in succession planning
In general, technical staffing and succession planning has been a huge issue on many established programs. A rash of employees leaving the company and retirements over the past few years coupled with slow hiring rates has left many engineering skill set gaps and program headcount shortages across the board. Retention rates have dropped among new hires. Program management and functional front-line managers handle staffing very poorly and often ignore the problem until their EV spreadsheets and schedule milestones are deep in the red. The headcount shortages often leave experienced engineers stretched very thin and projects perpetually behind schedule. Program management also has a hard time understanding that complex tasks requiring unique skill sets cannot be filled with new hires or interns without significant training which is often not budgeted for. Compounding this problem is that contract proposals are written without concern for staffing or skillset availability/development. There is a noticeable lack of communication between program management from different functional areas until serious staffing conflicts arise.
mixed emotion
Fingerprint Technician (Former Employee), Dover, DEJune 29, 2015
Pros: enjoyed the customers
Cons: lack of hours to support the family
started off as a good company to work for, company did in a reduction in work force and cut my hours from 40 to 20 reducing my ability to support my family
hard working environment
Ship Fitter (Current Employee), Pascagoula, MSJune 28, 2015
its a great place to learn how to build things, you learn technique , how to read blue prints and also how to manage time when building things
Northrop Grumman
Lead Army Sustainment Trainer (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 27, 2015
Pros: Knowledge of all clinical systems
Cons: Limited job security
Subject Matter Expert (SME) with vast experience in the Health Information Technology Career Field Performing Clinical Systems Training and Clinical Workflow Analysis duties for Department of the Army hospitals and outpatient clinics. Responsible for developing, executing, and briefing Brigade and Battalion level Commanders status of training process requirements needed for mission readiness and success.
Dynamic, demanding work environment
Secretary Admin Senior (Former Employee), Hawthorne, CAJune 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits: insurance, vacation, great people
Cons: Stress and moved from Anaheim to Hawthorne (which is why I left and went to McDonnell Douglas)
Northrop Corporation (before Northrop Grumman) was my favorite company I ever worked for....started in 1979 working on the proposal phase of the U.S. Army Mast Mounted Sight (MMS) program for the program manager and staff. Very dynamic work environment due to the initiation and winning of the program. Worked as a subcontractor to McDonnell Douglas (which I later started working for in November 1990). Great, great management and co-workers. Enjoyed the excitement and thrill of each day. Was my first aerospace experience.
Great environment
Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Apopka, FLJune 24, 2015
Great company to work for. Paid education. Flexible work week. Co-workers very pleasant.Paid holidays.Paid vacation PTO.
On the job training.
A place for people that want to settle down and stay for 30 years
Procurement Analyst (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJune 23, 2015
Pros: 980 schedule
Cons: very hard to move up
PROS:
- Coworkers are great
- 980 schedule
- Good Benefits

CONS:
- There are constant cuts in employee benefits and achievement programs
- Very hard to get promoted
- Very routine job
overall good place to work
Electrical Engineering Designer (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJune 22, 2015
Northrop Grumman was bought out by Huntington Ingalls. the same work environment and management styles. I learned a lot from this company and i enjoyed the people who i worked with the best
Great Company
USM-I Operations C-RAM Team Lead (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 20, 2015
Great benefits and co-workers are very helpful. Hardest part of the job is being away from family for so long while on a contract.
Good Place to Work
Logistics Management Analyst 4 (Current Employee), Point Mugu, CAJune 19, 2015
The people I work with are great. The work demand of the customer is difficult sometimes with the amount of people we have, but the management at the site is very helpful.
Access Control Specialist
Access Control Specialist (Former Employee), Wahiawā, HIJune 18, 2015
Pros: Easy work
Cons: Northrop eventually lost the contract for my job and it was taken over by less well run companies
My job was pretty boring, but Northrop Grumman treated its employees well. For security reasons I cannot describe the actual work that I did. However, there were other people I worked with that did the exact same job that I did, and it was easy to see that they did not have the same employee/employer relationship as my fellow northrop employees did.
Great company but stagnant growth
Administrative Functional Support (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Work life balance, flex scheduling
Cons: Little opportunity for advancement
Great company but many managers of retirement age will not retire making growth difficult. Great work-life balance, never have to take your work home with you.
They are good, but employees are just numbers
Electronic Technician III (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJune 18, 2015
Pros: well known
Cons: they cut what they can to make more money
They really just look at the numbers and how they can cut things to make an extra buck, at least that is how it looks to me. They could have stayed on my contract for another 2 months and transitioned to another company but they got greedy, from what I hear.
Great place to learn
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 12, 2015
Great place to learn how software implementation should work. The people who work there are great. The company provides all the benefits you need.
A great company to start out with
Program Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 12, 2015
I always felt Northrop had my back and provided a wide variety of experiences to hone my skills. I also found this to be a stable contract and I stayed for 4 years total.

My program manager was excellent and represented the contractors well.

Also, I felt Northrop provided many benefits. When a family member passed away, Northrop gave me paid leave to grieve.
Lots of job security
Engineer (Current Employee), Bellevue, NEJune 11, 2015
This company generally tries to keep their employees employed even if the contract they were on does not get renewed. They do their best to find another spot for you within the organization.
Excellent.
System Administrator IV (Former Employee), Reston, VAJune 10, 2015
Company benefits, job culture, work environment, education assistance, technical training are excellent. Career advancement opportunities and job security are one of the best advantages to work for Northrop Grumman Corporation.
good
Provisioning Analyst (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZJune 10, 2015
Good place to work.................................................................................................................
Coporate
Technical Service sector Intern (Current Employee), OrlandoJune 10, 2015
Pros: Sales
Cons: Location
I enjoyed working with everyone. It was amazing to see how nice people actually were besides the fact that most people were quiet.

1 2 3 4 5

About Northrop Grumman

Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics, – Read more

Northrop Grumman Salaries