Northrop Grumman
1,298 reviews

Northrop Grumman Employer Reviews

Productive and interactive work place.
Engineer Aircraft Support (Current Employee), ArizonaAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great benefits, good pay
Cons: busy workload
A typical day at work we are outside preparing aircraft for flights, after the flight we are in a hangar performing maintenance on the aircraft. The co-workers all work together well and the job is enjoyable.
Great Benefits
(Contractor) Supply Technician (Former Employee), Leavenworth, KSAugust 25, 2014
The tuition assistance program is a good tool for those trying to advance
Love NGC - sadly they lost the contract...
Technical Writer (Current Employee), Cherry Point, NCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: lost the contract to urs
Love NGC. The pay was deacent and the benefits were awesome. Even as a new hire I rec'd 40 hours of sick leave. I was also able to make my own daily schedule. I chose to work four 10 hour days so I can have every friday off.

Sadly, not very long after starting, NGC lost the contract to URS - which pales in comparison. A cut in pay, benefits, and I – more... lost all my leave. – less
Truly an awesome place of employment
Aircraft Technician (Former Employee), Perry, GAAugust 23, 2014
Pros: working for northrop in general
Cons: the plant closed and moved away
Learned the importance of performing ALL tasks regarding aircraft construction; gained a much better and broader respect for completing an assignment knowing that it works properly because I performed at the top of my skill-set and ability.
It was a nice place to be employed.
Project Manager I lead a team of 20 employees. (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: with hard work and discipline you can grow your career and you will get help from senior management
Cons: a price to pay for advancement work life balance suffers you work a lot of hours.
Northrop Grumman Corporation was a good place to work I retired from the corporation after 31 yrs. 3 months they gave me a positive work environment allow me to grow and advance in my career goals.
Georgia Pedimont Technical College
College Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Decatur, GAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: college environment
Cons: long classes
A typical day at Georgia Pedimont Technical College is working with young adults on basic web design structure in a classroom setting.

What i've learned is that College students learn differently and that their ambitions to succeed is good.

Management is supportive.

The hardest thing so far is making sure that you get the best out of your students.

The – more... accomplishments of your students. – less
Northrop Grumman is a great place to work
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2014
Wonderful people and managers. Great place to work. Takes great care of their employees.
Some good some bad
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Clearfield, UTAugust 18, 2014
Most co-workers were great. Some managers were good, others need help. I worked a Govt contract. You're at the mercy of the contract. I would recommend them as an employer if you can handle the stress of the contract.
Building the ships that defend our great country
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee), Pascagoula, MSAugust 18, 2014
Pros: building our countries battle ships
Cons: pressure from todays government on defense spending
Building ships is exactly what you would think. Tough, hot, long days... Even working in engineering is hot. Not due the temperature, but the pressure that is put on everyone to make cost and schedule requirements. In shipyards today, it is a very tough and challenging environment to meet the tight budget and schedule constraints. The benefits is that – more... everyday you are working on a product that will be around for 30-50 years defending our country and protecting our soldiers. – less
My Review
Safety Engineer (Former Employee), Newport News, VAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: traffic
Enjoyed being there. I walked alot. Enjoyed the exerience.
Great Place to work!
Mailroom Assistant (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: excellent benifits
Cons: commute
I loved my job! mail runs to different locations twice a day. shipping/receiving through several mailing and packaging companies. Assisting employees in faxing and mailing, locating people, addresses, packages. My bosses where great. My co-workers where great. the hardest part of this job was leaving it to raise a family. the best part of this job was – more... the people I worked with, meeting different people everyday and being able to help out anyway possible to make their job less hectic. – less
NA
Northrop Grumman SCA Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: education and benefits
Cons: na, deployments, unstable cuts
AGAIN EXPECT TO SPEND A LOT OF TIME AWAY FROM HOME AND DEPLOYING. GREAT IF SINGLE. DEPENDS ON CAREER.
same
Project planner/event scheduler (Current Employee), Colorado SpringsAugust 12, 2014
same as previous statement. I still work for this company. co-workers are great, I learn everyday about government contracts and projects.
Productive workplace
Program Analyst Data Management (Former Employee), Pascagoula, MSAugust 11, 2014
I was a part of the management team for a period of time on this job. Loved and respected the team that I worked with and for. Was able to work between two shipyards during the time that I worked their.
GOOD JOB,,HARD WORK
Engine Room Mechanical Operator (Former Employee), Avondale, LAAugust 11, 2014
Located in New Orleans, LA on the MS River, I found Northrop Grumman not as secure job wise as I was told. I found that being in the shipyard is very hard and dangerous working culture.
A good work place if you want to lean, but you have to have the drive to do so
Diesel Fleet Technician (Current Employee), Fort Irwin, CAAugust 10, 2014
Preforming services on fleet some time repetitive work
Some chance to move up or work on other equipment
Good Team To work with
Software Development Analyst II (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 9, 2014
Pros: hard worker
I worked hard at this company and I have a good relationship with all the clients I work with while working for NG.
Had good experiences
Program Security Officer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2014
Job security
promotions/on-the-job training
being able to learn and grow with others
steady paycheck
live on the eastern shore with all your buddys
Sr/Machinist / Fab / Intergration /Tech (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDAugust 7, 2014
Pros: water front view
Cons: must be in the click
If you want to work for a company for 33 yrs and get laid off, Help,
Your self.
Best Job and Company Culture
Network Engineering Group / Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 7, 2014
Pros: interesting work
Laid off during downsizing. If possible, I'd like to work here again someday.

1 2 3 4 5

About Northrop Grumman

Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics, – Read more

Northrop Grumman Photos