Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews

Found 1,852 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work
PAINT AND PROCESS TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Productive workplace with very, very nice break room ... excellent coffee makers which produce great tasting coffee. Great co-workers and great location.
Cons
Checking in co workers, giving information to guests and management, Mailing important documents.
Admin Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 1, 2016
I was responsible for taking down guests names and making sure that everyone that had worked that day was signed in and knew what the updates where for today. i was also in charge of mailing and/or transporting important documents to different locations on the campus from different sections as needed.
Pros
dream job, organized, made me want to move up in the job, had to have suit and tie
Cons
It was temporary
Good Job
Field Initiative Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDFebruary 1, 2016
The job serves its purpose, provides many with an opportunity to work. The atmosphere has dwindled in recent years and culture has as well. Be careful of the sector you join, they are not all equal.
great people
Experimental machinist Sr. (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILJanuary 29, 2016
upper management lacks manufacturing experience IE they don't know how or are unwilling to justify a new equipment budget. I enjoy making products that protect our men and women in the armed forces. I love it when I am involved with a project from start to finish working with our engineers.
Amazing people working with top talent
C4I Deployable Exercise Task Lead (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJanuary 28, 2016
Excellent engaging and exciting place to work. Full of NGIT professionals who actively strive to work as a team and encourage individual growth.
Pros
Flexible shifts and travel
Cons
NONE
Productive work place
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 27, 2016
Algorithm development and implementation for radar platforms whose client is the air force. I work with a very nice and talented group. Most of them between the ages of 45-55. I am the youngest in the group at the age of 33. I love everything about the jobs accept the bureaucracy of the management and the poor compensation in my case. Where after a masters and a phd I am still making only $10k more than an entry level job.
Ngc
Systems Test and Integration Engineer II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 25, 2016
Great workplace environment. Company protects jobs very well. Easy to move around and find new opportunities within the company
A productive place to work
Lead Laser Technician 3 (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Northrop was a productive company to work for with a lot of experienced people in a lot of diverse backgrounds. As an individual you could gain in knowledge and experience.
Pros
Good to their people
Cons
worked a lot of overtime
Good Job Work and Life Balance
Sr. Buyer Electronics Procurement Engineering (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAJanuary 25, 2016
* Good Job Work and Life Balance
* Lots of things to learn from the company
* Some managers don't fit to the corporation
* Met a lot of interesting people who became friends within time
Pros
Lots of things to learn from the company
Cons
Some managers don't fit to the corporation
I enjoyed my job and some of the people.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT III - X82/X18 (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 24, 2016
I tracked the welders. Kept up data bases and spreadsheets on different jobs that the welders did. I scheduled meetings in Outlook and made sure that the guys got to their trainings.
always on your toes but great place to work
Manager Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 24, 2016
In constant contact with postal sites to ensure equipment was functioning as required. Maintain records of contacts and situations for repair up dates and product improvements. Keep staff alert to any changes required. Great place to work.
Pros
Constant product involment
Cons
always defending yous self to customer
Great company
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 21, 2016
If you're looking for work life balance and great pay, this is the company for you. Stable job and great vibe. There is plenty of resources for anyone to learn and advance very quickly. The schedule is 9/80 with solid benefits.
A marvel of a high-tech organization where an engineer may gain needed design and process experience.
Programs Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 19, 2016
Northrop Grumman Corp. (NGC) is a champion of aerospace-type products that support the most exclusive DoD requirements. An interested engineer may received a rigorous and needed background toward the field of design and management. As a contractor supporting the company, they treated me with the most dignity and respect.
Pros
Strong high-tech work for industry background, will feel great to be a part of technical history
Cons
Many highly classified programs, hard to get into company without previous clearance
Great place to start a career
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 13, 2016
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a great place to start a career, many people there are overly willing to help assist to make the learning curve easier for projects. Friendly atmosphere, great people.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 12, 2016
Fair work and fair pay plus 9/80s. Few late nights or weekends required. They do a decent job of looking out for employees
somewhat fun place to work
Composite Laminator Sr (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 7, 2016
It's an easy place to work at, not to much pressure to produce as long as quality is good. Management has no experience on shop floor and it shows.
Pros
work enviroment
Cons
management
Professional Organization with Corporate Vision of Excellence
Manager (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 6, 2016
I was given opportunity and availed myself of opportunities to not only perform technical responsibilities, but be a manager of NG personnel within the Colorado Springs Area working on the MDNT.
Pros
Opportunity to excel and achieve upward mobility based on hard work, dedication and achievement.
Cons
Great Company to work for.
Business Systems Analysis/Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 6, 2016
The company offered great benefits and support. They offer a comfortable work environment at the client's site. I learned a great deal about team work. Overrall the company was great to work for.
Wonderful place to work
Executive Assistant - VP & CIO (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 5, 2016
My day starts at 7:30a by choice to avoid traffic.
Its a very busy; environment; so much so when I happen to glance at the clock its already 5p - time to go to my awesome gym - one of the many perks of working at Northrop Grumman, Falls Church, Va. .
The hardest part of my job is the constant interruptions. In my line of work that comes with the territory. However, that is offset by
my coworkers and...some of the executives. These people are one of the reasons I love my job. Our relationship is one where we lend a hand when needed without a second thought of job description, while maintaining a sense of decorum and respect. We look out for each other and....laugh a lot.
My work environment is the best I have ever had.
Its Green, clean, modern in every sense of the word. Building is well maintained inside and out. Has covered parking and very secure.
The building itself is beautiful. I see it as I drive in to work and I feel a sense of pride every time I do.
Pros
Gym, emphasis on health, environmentally friendly, employee focused
Cons
Traffic....
Later
Requirements Engineer (Former Employee) –  RockvilleJanuary 4, 2016
Very great company to work for.
Anyone would love working there.
Great managements.
Great co-workers.
My day at work was always fun and educational.
No experience in a negative way. Always new things to learn.
Never a dull moment.
Pros
Can do this later.
Cons
Can do this later