Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews

Found 2,526 reviews matching the search
productive and fast paced
PARTS ISSUE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 17, 2017
lots of opportunities but no locations in South Dakota with open potions. Great health care and benefits as well. fast paced and productive environment.
Great place to work and challenge the mind
process tech (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 15, 2017
I work on advanced ceramic assemblies used in various radar applications from NASA to the Navy. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it can be challenging which makes the day go by fast.
Pros
not boring
Cons
hard to move to other positions
it was okay...
C-RAM Operator/Technician (PKMM) (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 15, 2017
it was just like working at any other job, we had to get up, eat, meet and eat at certain before departed to class for training. our training was our work up to 40 hours and off on weekends. the training site/campus was in an rural/country side area where its peaceful and less distracted. the people of the area are nice, professional, courteous. the hardest part of the job was staying awake, lol. the most enjoyable to me was hands on working and learning the equipment.
Pros
very professional
Cons
the people i worked with
Fast paced and exciting place to work.
Resource Integration Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAAugust 15, 2017
In the commercial Line of Business, we were very cost competitive. This drives a very lean organization, where the management team fairly often wears multiple hats to meet the customer's (and prospective customers) timeline and expectations.
The good part is that the management team learned first hand about different operational groups such as Bid and Proposal, Technical Writing and Supply Chain.
Working in the Aerospace field has always been exciting for me
Senior Resource Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVAugust 15, 2017
NGC was very good to me. I enjoyed working for them. Unfortunately, they sold our facility and I began working for Aurora. We retained much of the same work and I continue to enjoy working for Aurora.
Northrop Grumman
Employee Communications Representative (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 14, 2017
Job sites and company culture are well managed. Everyone seems to make an effort to collaborate and show a spirit of sharing and caring about one another.
Cyber Security Analyst II, Missile Defense Agency (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 14, 2017
I really enjoying working for NGC and think that the environment that is fostered is really positive for the employee. The company offers competitive benefits and growth opportunities.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Great place to work- intestesting work, good people
Software Configuration Manager (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDAugust 14, 2017
I worked for NGC for 33 years and had approximately 12 different assignments during my time with NGC. It was great place to work. I worked on many interesting projects as SW CM person. Good work and good people.
Pros
Interesting work, good people
Cons
Best company I have ever worked for.
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 14, 2017
Company care about its employees and ensures they have everything needed to succeed. Education, Dental and medical are available with a competitive 401k
NGC: Great Mission!
Portfolio/Program Manager & Account Manager (P&L) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 13, 2017
The NGC mission is to keep America safe and strong. It is inspiring!

A typical day involves technical work as well significant amount of administrative work.

Work hard. Push yourself harder. You will be expected to own your own career.
Northrop Grumman
Data Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Leavenworth, KSAugust 13, 2017
Northrop Grumman is a fantastic place to work. I would assume it depends on the contract, but the contract I worked on provided me many learning opportunities.
Great to work for this company
Test & Integration Technician (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYAugust 11, 2017
At Northrup Grumman I tested electronic RF communications equipment. I learned to use many different electronic testing equipment and procedures. The work place culture was positive and fun to work in. The hardest part of the job was extensive hours sitting and testing. The best part of the job was learning and testing many different components.
Pros
Testing with the latest equipment
Cons
sitting many hours
Challenging and Interesting
Project Manager 2 (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAAugust 11, 2017
Since this is company relies on mostly government contracts, work fluctuates from a lot to very little. Great Opportunity to move around the company though.
One of the best companies to work for
Information Security (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 11, 2017
Northrop Grumman is one of the best companies to work for when it comes to IT. Plenty of expansion and growth and always something new and exciting projects to work on.
Interesting work and friendly staff
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 10, 2017
The work was challenging and interesting.I learned more about different benefit plans than I ever knew. The communication was not the best, but the staff was helpful and easy to get along with, The group was a friendly and worked well together, The hardest part of the job was getting clear direction for what exactly we were looking to find,, once that was confirmed, things went smoothly. The most enjoayable part of the job was the actual work itself.
Pros
Good atmosphere and friendly co-workers and staff
Cons
Lack of communication and down time between projects
Really productive in great enviroment to work
Flux Core Welder (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 9, 2017
Great place to work great people its a great experience to get to be a part of history by building fighter ships for the army and navy to use in case of war its great teamwork is great if it wasn't for hurricane Katrina I'll see be working in the ship yard probably form man now who knows
Pros
Great to set down with team to eat lunch
Cons
Nor really nothing bad about this job at all just so hot out there thats it
Full of Lies and denile
Solid State Technician (Current Employee) –  Linthicum, MDAugust 8, 2017
If you can tolerate lies and denial for decent pay than this place is for you, if not don't even consider them.

Ethics are preached but not practiced on my level. For example: People have been hired under false pretenses and laid off shortly after.

Each year more and more benefits are taken away making it a non-premier place to work although they advertise them as such.

Atmosphere of fear mongering to control employees.
Pros
Great Pay highest in Baltimore metroploitian area
Cons
See Review above.
Good work schedule, but no engaging work for engineers
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLAugust 8, 2017
NGC in Saint Augustine is dedicated to the E-2 Aircraft and Post Production Spares. Because of the age of the E-2 Aircraft and the age of the platforms the NGC team supports, the job is not engineering focused. The job is focused on meeting the operational needs of the fleet with the least amount of resources. This can be challenging, but the work is not engaging from an engineering perspective.
Pros
4 day work schedule and flexible work arrangements
Cons
long days, few resources available
NG Life
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZAugust 8, 2017
Northrop Grumman as a company is great - there is something honorable and noble about working for a company that has such an impact on national security. However, my former management (excluding my program manager) was terrible. Gone all the time, didn't have common sense when it came to certain things, and blindly accepted every mandate handed down by higher ups without questioning it. I'd never work for the PEOPLE I did ever again, but the company overall is great.
You work on your own; not a lot of micro managing
Hazardous Waste Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 6, 2017
I liked it. The culture was great. Kicked back. Your on your own to complete the work, not overworked. Hardest part of the job was the hours 9 hour days and early mornings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northrop Grumman. Our community is ready to answer.