Northrop Grumman

1.8K reviews

Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews

it is ok
Structural Mechanic (Current Employee), Moss Point, MSAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Work Mon. thru Thurs.
Cons: Managers
The rules are not the same for all employees. Managers are not good at what they do when it comes to a productive work environment.
Good company, not worth the hype
SCA Electronics Technician II (Current Employee), Warner Robins GaAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Every other friday off, tuition assistance
Cons: no retirement plans for technical service sector
Good place to get your foot in the door for government work. Technical services sector employees had 401K and retirement plans taken to save money.
Northrop Grumman is a company with great health benefits
Program Cost Schedule & Control Analyst 4 (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Northrop Grumman is a great company to work for
Cons: Drive to work was difficult
I have worked for this company over 16 years at different facilities. It produces great military products. I would like to work closer to home.
ok place to work alot to learn
Quality Inspector/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 26, 2015
Pros: start pay is good
Cons: hard to move up in company in petty change for yearly raise
Ok place work you will learn a lot of machines that are great to put on your resume. First couple of day will be rough because there is so much to learn but once you grasp it eveything will be easy
Great Company
Administrative Associate II- IV (Current Employee), Redondo Beach, CAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: Changing Careers may be difficult
Great company to work for, sometimes hard to change careers, but still a great company. Good benefits, great people. A great work life balance.
Great company to work for
End User Services Technician (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: annual raise, minimal supervision
Cons: work life unbalanced
Overall I would say it is a great company to work for. They invest in their employees and encourage personal growth. There are a lot of opportunities to transfer or relocate.
professional environment
Production Control / Auditor (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZAugust 23, 2015
Long term job opportunity and great management, ergonomically friendly environment. great long term career opportunity. Constant training opportunity for professional growth.
location
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee), Pascagoula, MSAugust 22, 2015
Pros: on the job experience
Cons: weather
The location of this job was extraordinary. A typical work day would involve learning current processes and determining if there was a better or more efficient way to perform the same job.
Productive Work Place
Instructor (Current Employee), Lakewood, WAAugust 21, 2015
I really enjoy working for Northrup Grumman. Great work environment, everyday I learn something new. This company aides you in the learning process, they ensure that you understand the training information before you go out and teach Customers.
This was The best Job ever!!
Auxiliary Mechanic (Former Employee), Avondale, LAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: layoffs
It was a Great job where you can move up fast at and you were able to learn multiple things. The job was dangerous at times but safety starts with your self. The hardest part of the job was baring the heat on hot days and staying warm on cold days.
Overall a great environment
Mechanical/Design Engineer (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 19, 2015
Coworkers are great and everyone is very helpful. Strong ream environment in the engineering department. Upper level management has re-orged several times leading to an uncertain future for OU.
Happy to work for his company
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Marine Corps Base Quantico, VAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Good pay, benefits, flexible time off
Cons: The particular contract I'm on isn't fantastic, but can't blame that on NG.
Not too much to say, but I will say that in the past year and a half that I have been with NG, I've been very pleased with management and their involvement with the contractors they hire. I've worked for several small companies in the past, and NG feels more like a "family" than any of the smaller outfits I have been with in the past. Would definitely recommend.
GREAT COMPANY!
IT (Current Employee), LINTHICUM MDAugust 18, 2015
GREAT COMPANY!
GREAT ENVIRONMENT
GREAT MANAGERS
GREAT CO WORKERS
EXCELLENT WORK ENVIRONMENT
GREAT SCHEDULES

OVER A REALLY GREAT EMPLOYER, ONE THAT YOU WILL STAY AT UNTIL RETIREMENT!

GREAT TEAM
work life
Software Developer (Current Employee), Sierra Vista AZAugust 18, 2015
Management is friendly and understanding. Work has plenty of people to help with issues. The benefits are ok. As a contractor the position I am currently in is pretty stable.
Excellent opportunities for career growth
Systems Software Analyst (Current Employee), McLean, VAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Professional working environment, career advancement opportunities
Cons: Healthcare premiums on the rise, management reorganization every few years
The structure is in place to reward your hard-work with opportunities to advance within the company. The management communicates with employees and fosters an environment of inclusion.
Northrop Grumman was and is a very great company with great benefits. It was great experience working there.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Advancement opportunities were great.
Cons: Job security was mediocre, as NOC was the sub-contractor, and answered to a company that could have removed it from the project on any quarter.
I worked at Northrop Grumman on a Defense Contract at Fort Lewis, WA. The work was really exciting and the variety was exceptional, because the projects we performed for the U.S. Government were always changing. I received a majority of my computer experience there--especially working with databases, and even wrote a little bit of code there, with Visual Basic. That is certainly a company that I lament I couldn't have remained with until retirement. But the war in Iraq took away a lot of military spending in the United States.
Great People
Network Technician/Administrator (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LAAugust 17, 2015
The people were a pleasure to work with, local management was not. Company lost the contract due to poor management.The company was a great company to work for, good benefits and wages.
Fair and reliable company to work for.
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Best company to work for.
Cons: None.
My job was varied, I did administrative activities, planning, writing policies, kept metrics on number of employees, positions, ratings, etc.

Since I helped write policies/procedures for our business unit, I became very knowledgeable as to what our business unit contributed to the overall function of Northrop Grumman.

I was privileged to work with executives at both the corporate and division levels and meet some of the most interesting people, I think, in the world.

The hardest part of my job was writing policy and procedures. The easiest was planning and attending the special events, awards, etc.
Northrop Grumman
Contracted Diesel Engine Technician (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZ and surrounding areasAugust 14, 2015
Nice pay, good hours. If your not a "Northrop Employee" your basically disposable. you get no benefits at all while your a contractor and most are required to be contractors at least 3 yrs before being considered for "Full time". The management is very poor and they do not support recently returning combat veterans struggling with PTSD or any other disability,all that happens is you becoming a hassle for Northrop Grumman and when its time to let you go, your supervisor takes the day off and they call you after work to let you know that was your last day. No warning, no courtesy 2 weeks NOTHING. EXTREMELY POOR UPPER MANAGEMENT
Dead End
Aircraft Structures Mechanic 3, Lead (Current Employee), Palmdale, CAAugust 13, 2015
Not the same company it used to be. Cutting everything they can from employees. Little to no opportunities for advancement.
Headquarters