Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews

Found 2,208 reviews matching the search
Qa
Aircraft QA Inspector / Final Assembly Inspector (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 26, 2017
great place to work, good pay and benefits, good location. enjoyed my job in inspection on the f35 / f18. i recommend Northrop Grumman as a good place to work
Limited advancement opportunities
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 25, 2017
The benefits are great. However management is not good. Promote people without any knowledge about systems. Coworkers yell at you and management will say those are leadership skills. No advancement opportunities. Low raises. Or shall we say lack of raises rewards.
Pros
401k match
Cons
Terrible management
Good company
Logistics Rep (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZFebruary 25, 2017
A typical day at work is a 12 hour day 6 days a week. You stay busy throughout the day. Good pay and plenty of hours. Need to be able to work overseas.
Military spending waning under Budget Reconciliation Act
Director and CTO - Health IT for State and Local (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 24, 2017
NGC has seen its best days. It has a difficult time shifting away from exclusive defense projects. The senior management is highly dependent on a revolving door from Government. An effort to diversify internationally has not taken hold.
Pros
Superior technology
Cons
Too narrow a focus on one industry: military.
Great Job
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 23, 2017
Defiantly one of the best jobs I have ever had. I would defiantly recommend this company to anybody and everybody. The hours are flexible with a 9/80 schedule and they give plenty of PTO.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cyber Security Engineer
Cyber Systems Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VAFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day at work would be checking for trouble tickets and assigning them to the members of my shift, or taking said tickets. I would interface would customers to ensure cyber security software was properly installed and operational.
Pros
Fun, yet challenging work environment
Cons
Dealing with difficult customers
Ship Structures
Fiber Optic Installer (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSFebruary 21, 2017
Environmental work conditions unacceptable. No controlled environment. Dirty with no regard for acceptable working conditions. Hot in summer time cold in winter
Pros
Hours are ample
Cons
Environmental Nightmare
Productive, fun and a friendly
Computer Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 20, 2017
I love the pressure, I believe it challenges me to work hard and learn more and more. I beleive Northrop has been very instrumental in my career although its been just a few month with them. I have great manager who will task you to sit up and produce.
Pros
Nice Kitchen to eat, always coffee for me. Great Team
Cons
Long commute
Enjoyed working with interesting and talented individuals
Senior EOIR Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Northrop Grumman Space Technology, Redondo Beach, CA
Airborne Laser (ABL) Program: Senior EOIR Systems Engineer
Evaluate Block 04 Optic and Diagnostic Subsystem Capabilities. Assess capabilities and infuse as requirements for Block 08 Laser Segment System Specification.
Space Tracking and Surveillance System (STSS):
Assess Verification and Validation Requirements for Interface Requirements Plan at the Payload, Spacecraft Test Bed, Spacecraft and Space Vehicle Levels.
Friendly work atmosphere, almost a family atmosphere.
Manager, SAP Integration & Manufacturing Support (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 20, 2017
Team environment with a lot of collaboration across teams to finish projects on time and within budgets. I was also able to conduct and participate in several cross team meeting and chaired the CCB meetings representing manufacturing for all 20 of our sites across the country.
Fun workplace with great people
Cost and Schedule Analyst (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAFebruary 19, 2017
- Great place to work.
- People are approachable and friendly.
- Good benefits
- Perfect location to live in
- Lots of clubs and programs to meet people outside of work
Great Work/Life balance, Weak organizational management
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 18, 2017
Very flexible work schedule and very friendly coworkers. The business management organization needs better compensation and opportunities to grow vertically within the company.
good 10
Machinist/R&D CNC Programmer (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Good working cnc programmer i'll like to challenging work, solving problem issue with complex programming close tolerances
Pays well
Cyber Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVFebruary 16, 2017
Not the best and certainly not the worst. I've heard from coworkers that the engineering sector is much better with how they run their operations overall. Don't not expect to be treated any differently than a bum off of the street when applying to new positions. These conditions can change greatly depending on the program for which you work.
Pros
Benefits and pay are great
Money tight Contractors Bye-Bye
Electro-Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILFebruary 16, 2017
Promised 6-month contract. Management do not seem to be able to formulate a plan beyond 1 week. As soon as you get up to speed they seem to cut their losses with very little foresight.
Expected more from a large corporation
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 16, 2017
It is my belief that while Northrop Grumman was in a joint venture with Newport News Shipbuilding, the culture was in flux and did not fully take on any aspect that would have changed the Shipyard's culture in a positive way. My experience there was not very professional and was not managed very well. This endeavor has left me wondering what would have happened if Northrop Grumman had remained involved with Newport News Shipbuilding? Would it have made a difference and changed the culture of the Shipyard in a way that would eliminate the negative image that haunts them today? On a brighter note, I don't really know what it would be like to work for Northrop Grumman however, you never know what can happen. When one door closes another door opens.

Regards,

gwms
Great working environment , good work and great people to work with...
Computer Graphics designer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 15, 2017
Been employees for 35 years now and the company has been good to me... Have had great opportunities to learn and grow over the years... Work with and been involved in projects n programs with a number of people and all have had an impact on how my skills have developed . Overall it's been a great experience.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Benefits have decreased over the years
Excellent Defense Contractor
Project Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZFebruary 14, 2017
NG - regardless of sector is a place where anyone from intern to executive can make themselves a true servant of the war fighter and the American public. NG offers competitive salaries, education benefits and 401K.
Pros
Education reimbursement
loved serving my country
Exercise Developer (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSFebruary 11, 2017
Best job in the world. Working with African Army's was exciting and rewarding.
Got to travel and visit other cultures.
African's were so appreciative of what we did for them.
Pros
Quality of people you work with, sense of accomplishment
Cons
Seperations from family
Challenging
SME - Composite Fabrication (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAFebruary 9, 2017
Great place to work for 33 years where I learned various job functions. I traveled world wide as a Quality Inspector. I traveled state side as a technical liaison
Pros
Ability to travel world wide

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northrop Grumman. Our community is ready to answer.