Northrop Grumman
1,439 reviews

Northrop Grumman Employer Reviews

Wonderful place to wok, high pressure with lots of meetings.
Program Mgr, Project Mgr., Procurement Specialist (Former Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILDecember 24, 2014
Pros: supply lots of engineering backup for all projects
Cons: lot of travel.
Complete company in aircraft manufacturing, very good interface with employees and fair in pay policy. Main customer is US Government.
Good place to gain experience, then leave.
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), El Segundo, CADecember 19, 2014
Pros: good but declining pay and benefits
Cons: terrible management
What used to be a great company with a proud heritage is being run into the ground by a bunch of Educational Elitists that value a degrees degrees degrees over practical Experience. Most management that had any valuable practical experience has long ago retired or recently taken the V-Rif. The few good managers that are left see the writing on the walls – more... and are hoping to get out soon.
What the company will be left with will be a bunch of Yes-Men MBA types that won't be happy until they've outsource all aspects of aircraft and spacecraft design and manufacturing. – less
Stable, good environment
Systems Engineer I (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 18, 2014
Great coworkers, good management. I have learned a lot about the defense industry in my time here. In my particular job, it can be difficult to keep busy. I don't care for the lulls, but some programs are just like that. The most enjoyable part is that I am often left to myself to study and build skills relevant to my position. My job isn't typical-- – more... many others are often slammed with projects and proposals. The hardest part for me is staying sane-- I prefer to stay busy with meaningful tasks, not just sitting and reading until the next quick turnaround task. – less
Great company to work for
Materials Planner (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTDecember 18, 2014
Pros: employee cohesiveness, culture
Cons: government defense spending cuts
Excellent organization with brilliant engineers, all employees work together for the good of the organization.
Good place for long term employment
Test/Sytems Engineer 4 (Former Employee), All over Maryland and Northern VirginiaDecember 17, 2014
Pros: got to travel in business class flying overseas
Worked there for 21 years and many different programs. Got to travel overseas to Algeria and Taiwan and got to see parts of Europe, Alaska, and Japan along the way for work. Got to travel to the San Diego CA for work. Worked in Springfield VA, Falls Church VA, Alexandria Virginia, Linthicum MD, Hagerstown MD, Fairfax VA, Woodlawn MD. Got to train foreign – more... military personnel. – less
Great work environment and benefits.
Military Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Leavenworth, KSDecember 15, 2014
Pros: benefits, 401k, health
Cons: travel schedules, mid night 12 hr shifts
I was a Electronic warfare planner that helped script exercise scenarios for Army Computer Simulations. Provided realistic true world problem sets for Army Division and Corps level units.
Great company with great leadership
Cash Management Analyst 3 (Current Employee), Falls Church, VADecember 11, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: nothing comes to mind
A typical day at work consisted of doing various types of financial analysis, reporting company wide cash flows, and providing upper management with updates on the status of large receipts and disbursements.

I have learned a great deal about financial analysis

Management is excellent, as they really care about their employees progress. They provide – more... consistent guidance, and insight on how to improve on your skills.

Co workers are a delight to work with. This is a very team oriented environment, and everyone is constantly looking to help each other.

There is nothing hard about a typical day here.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction you receive from knowing that your work makes a significant difference. – less
NorthropGrumman Fort Irwin
Armorer/ Gun Smith II (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CADecember 9, 2014
Pros: a job
Cons: union work, poor management.
From Where I sit Northrop Grumman Fort Irwin is mismanaged and in need of an Army/Government review of all processes.
No Summary
Communications Director (Current Employee), VirginiaDecember 9, 2014
My personal review of NG would not be fare, considering I work as a contractor outside of the NG enterprise. Because this system is forcing me to provide one, I will say, I was paid when I was supposed to be paid and I had sufficient vacation time.
Not a very impressive place to work
Motor Vehicle Mechanic Helper (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LADecember 9, 2014
Pros: work with vehicles
Cons: poor management, terrible service, and horrible benefits department
I was personally displeased with the benefits department and their rudeness. Never really received a packet for benefits enrollment and when i called about it, they said there was nothing i could do to enroll becase i missed my date.
Great place and great people to work for
Field Engineer Level 2 (Current Employee), Internation / Huntsville ALDecember 9, 2014
A great place and great people to work for, a great working experience.
Fun place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 8, 2014
Fun place to work, lots of overtime during the holiday season!
Great Benefits and Pay but not very personable
Subcontracts Administrator (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 7, 2014
Good Pay, Good Benefits, Good People but poor management at my location in OKC
company does not care about its employees
Cyber Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Chantilly, VADecember 4, 2014
only cares about its bottom line and nothing and no one else; Even after a decade of making money for the company, it will dump an employee the moment that employee stops making money for the company.
Great Company
System Engineer / Assistant Program Manager (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MDDecember 4, 2014
Great Company to be a part of. Management is great to their employees, always opportunities for advancement, and very team oriented.
shipyard living
Design Engineer (Former Employee), Pascagoula, MSDecember 2, 2014
I made set routes for electrical wires on the computer I learned about ships and their inner dwellings.
Hard place to work because our only customer is USPS. There demands fo more productivity at a lower price creates a bad work enviroment.
Electronic Technician II (Former Employee), Topeka, KSNovember 29, 2014
Pros: good discounts a dell, did what you liked to do.
Cons: short lunch breaks. shop and site politics
You got a list of Items that were hottest. You would go to your lead tech who would get your item. You would review the field techs information on what was wrong and proceed from there. You would check out a folder with all pertinent information and in some cases proceed with the testing by "cookbook" (procedures in testing in an orderly fashion written – more... by the engineers) fashion until a fault appeared. You would go from there in a logical fashion to isolate the fault, remove it, replace it, and retest. Sometime the fault did not present itself and then the tech would do some things that would help reveal the fault.

I learned a lot. I learned troubleshooting technics, quirks with certain units, the technics that techs use when usual testing methods fail. I learned about computers, both functions, programing, and operating.
I learned about politics in shop. I learned about both the strengths and weakness of the Management and the programs that they employee.

I learned about the people I worked with, both bad and good. Some were genuine in there dealings with you and others were not.

The hardest part of the job was in some circumstances I would put in lots of hours on a unit and either it would not work, or would be pulled because of the time.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be when you did fix a hard problem and fix it up so it would be and look good as new. I also enjoyed clowning around with my co-workers – less
Federal Aviation Administration
Program Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 26, 2014
During the 18 months I was on this job prior to being laid off, I was a contractor supporting the Federal Aviation Administration worked in the facilities organization which was responsible for the renovation or modernization of air traffic control towers throughout the country. I learned more about project management, the importance of budget and project – more... funding. The coworkers at Northrop Grumman were great, always supporting one another and willing to assist where needed. The government client with the FAA felt like were not always supportive of the support contractors. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the issues which arose while managing the construction of the air traffic control towers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the internal camaraderie among the team at Northrop Grumman. – less
Extremely unethical and incompetent management
Responsible Engineer for Radar Payload and TCDL (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 22, 2014
Pros: pay
Extremely unethical and incompetent management. Nothing can compensate for the corrupt culture and negative work environment.
Planned, Prepared and Issued
Production Control Clerk (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZNovember 21, 2014
Pros: it was 2 minutes from my house
Cons: work conditions
• Planned, prepared, issued and controlled production schedules and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
• Skilled in working with closed loop Manufacturing Resource Planning Systems (MRP).
• Coordinated material movement between warehouse and production areas.
• Scheduled and – more... expedited the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers and requests for shipping orders.
• Assisted management in resolving problems concerning shortages, engineering changes and cancellation of orders.
• Developed recovery schedules, as necessary, to track and manage overdue shipments.
• Skilled in Systems, Application and Products in data processing (SAP). – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Northrop Grumman

Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics, – Read more

Northrop Grumman Photos