Northrop Grumman
1,330 reviews

Northrop Grumman Employer Reviews

Mostly friendly atmosphere with appreciation for my job skills
Tactical Wheel Mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Irwin, CASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: decent pay & good benefits. enjoyed safety barbecues.
Cons: doing my best and seeing others slack off.
I enjoyed the variety of jobs and most of the coworkers were friendly & easy to get along with.
I learned repairs and operations of tactical vehicles, time management and that my job was helping soldiers to complete their training.
Management has been helpful when I needed it.
Hardest part of the job is my long commute.
Working as a team with my coworkers – more... and helping others as needed is my most enjoyable part. – less
Northrop Grumman was a great place to work!!!
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Palmdale, CaliforniaSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: good pay and benifits
Cons: healthcare/pension for new hires
With Northrop, we were always stressing Quality #1, do it right the first time, take care of our customer. I spent 29 years there and it took very good care of me and my family, I currently have 7 children/in-laws, ex wife at various locations in the United States, that still work at Northrop Grumman, for me Northrop will take care of me and my wife – more... the rest of our lives. – less
Great Benefits lack of growth in the area of information assurance
Information Assurance Engineer (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 18, 2014
Northrop Grumman is a great company to work for. Unfortunately Northrop Grumman ES does not specialize in the area of Information Assurance so there is no room for growth or advancement in Information Assurance
What an amazing experience!
Proj Mgr/Sr Sys Engineer (IS GS-15) (Former Employee), Fairfax, VASeptember 17, 2014
Originally I was part of the International Research Institute and then was acquired by Northrop. I had such an amazing experience with this organization and learned so much! I was part of a Reduction in Force in 2009 and decided to take some time to reflect on my work with the DoD and learn some new skill sets. Still staying in touch with my team after – more... all these years. – less
Compensation package
Logistics Admin III (MDA IC Warehouse Manager) (Current Employee), Huntsville, AlSeptember 17, 2014
Compensation package is very inerteresting. Upper management is always working with the employees to make sure you have everything that is needed to do your job. Co-workers are always a pleasure everyone has always been willing to help you out.
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Ogden, UTSeptember 17, 2014
* Ability to multi-task
* I learned great organizational skills, multi-tasking, ability to work with many different personalities
* Management has an open door policy and available to help out wherever needed
* Co-workers are just like family, you have many different personalities
* Working with all the wonderful people
An active work location working with program teams with great company activities!
Resident Procurement Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Chengdu, ChinaSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: international travel and exposure to different working environments!
Cons: be away from home for long periods of time!
A typical work day was quality assurance verifications, audits and process certifications.

Management was a high level support creating a team environment
which was conducted from international and local on-site levels.

The hardest part of the job was developing cause and corrective actions with the development of process planning to correct future – more... product failure.

The enjoyable part of the job was creating new processes that improved the quality of the products. – less
Relaxed yet serious work environment. Fun place to work, management team are knowledgeable
Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: full hour lunch and able to take a break if needed, most office positions you aren't able to take breaks
Cons: since contract work, company had to bid at end of contracts.
Good mornings all around, everyone ready work and in a good mood and ready to work. While at the computer going over budgets for my projects, boss will come with CDs of music he recorded for us to listen to. If it is Friday, you'll hear banjo playing up and down the halls. Always involved in community fund raising programs, such as Susan G Koman Breast – more... cancer, and March of Dimes.

Hardest part of my job was the ETC budget reports due at the end of each month, this was also one of the most enjoyable parts of my job as well, because it kept me very focused and this is where I learned most all of my attention to detail skills.

Learned purchasing, business skills, customer service, management skills, advancement of my accounting skills.

worked for this company for 14-1/2 years and loved every bit of it.
Management is wonderful, work conditions are good, benefits were great. I hated it when I had to leave because I had to move back to my hometown for family reasons. – less
Great customers.
Operations Group Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Fort Polk, LASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: work enviornemnt
Cons: upper management
Love working with Soldiers as well as doing maintenance. working 7 to 4 is a great schedule. First time working with union employees was a great learning experience. Co-workers were for the most part good, but at times it could be a dog eat dog scenario.
Good Coworkers and Managment
Govement Contractor (Current Employee), Suffolk, VASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: flexable hours, good pay and benefit
Cons: job stability
While the work is good and the company pays well you do need to worry about weather the Government contract is going to be renewed each year so you are not sure if you are going to have a job the following year.
Parts Laborer
Parts Laborer (Current Employee), Fort Irwin, CASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: benifiets
Cons: no job adavancementt
great place to work. gave me a chance to work with little to no supervision.
Excellent Employer
Electronics Test/Troubleshoot Spec (Former Employee), Norwood, MASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: work, and work environment, employees
Cons: n/a
My favorite job of all time. Friendly environment, good compensation and benefits. Learning and advancement always available.
Attentive and concerned management. No better employer.
Great Place to Work
SAP Developer (Former Employee), El Segundo, CASeptember 11, 2014
Work on the project to implement SCEM (Supply Chain Event Management) 4.0 for the company.
• Develop interface programs between the R/3 and SCEM systems using RFC’s and BAPI’s. Create outbound program to extract data and generate data files for SCEM. Build program to read input files from R/3 and update the Control Parameters of Event Handlers for the – more... purchase orders in Event Management (EM) using BAPI. Develop interactive/interface program to consolidate and update R3/EM purchase order schedule dates split for suppliers.
• Incorporate Object-Oriented programming paradigm (classes, methods, etc …) intensively for all new programs. Remove the obsolete statements of the extended program check from the existing programs.
• Started on the Vertex Q to Vertex O conversion project. Added user exit to populate data from SAP to Vertex using method in BAdI EXTENSION_US_TAXES. Modified Purchase Order (PO) Smartform, contract PO smartform, and created a new Request for Quotation (RFQ) Smartform. Wrote program to extract Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and labor cost data to be sent to Vertex for tax amount and post this tax amount by transaction F-02 (BAPI_ACC_GL_POSTING_POST). Modified the SAPScript for payroll check to accommodate the new form. Modified programs to report overhead bases, expenses and rates for controlling. – less
slow and dull
Experienced Software Developer (Current Employee), san diego, californiaSeptember 10, 2014
good company and easy hour. But the job is very dull and boring. People arent motivated and the process is a horrible mess.
Awesome!
Facility Monitor (Former Employee), washington dcSeptember 8, 2014
Great company to work for. The pay is pretty good as well as the benefits.
productive fun working place with a ping pong table
Aircraft Technician (Current Employee), Palmdale, CASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: 4/10 schedule allows for a 3 day weekend every week
Cons: benefits are becoming lesser over the years
fast passed working enviroment with good people and good fun .
Carrer Opportunities
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CASeptember 5, 2014
Was able to advance into different departments. Larger company with several different types of job classifications.
Great benefits but too large
Subcontracts Administrator (Former Employee), McLean, VASeptember 4, 2014
Great benefits and business structure. Working there is a true learning experience, however, upper management is not easily accessible.
Mfg Analyst/Dept Business Administrator/Data Mgmt (Current Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: 9/80 work schedule
Great work/Life balance, benefits and education benefits. Hard working corporation doing what is best for our customers.
Great
Guaranteed Benefits
Union

1 2 3 4 5

About Northrop Grumman

Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics, – Read more

Northrop Grumman Photos