Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews

Found 2,114 reviews matching the search
A company that is rebuilding itself
Mechanic 2 (Current Employee) –  St.Augustine,flDecember 3, 2016
Grumman used to be a very good company to work for lately New Management transitioning from California to Florida the management really does show appreciation to the employees
Pros
The pros are is a job a good-paying job
Cons
The Conn's are you better watch your back
Fast paced and often erratic
SharePoint Administrator / Migration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 2, 2016
I worked at NG on the VITA/COV project. This project was somewhat negative in that all three major entities (NG, VITA, State agencies) distrusted and disliked one another which made meetings, strategy and planning extremely tedious and painful.

The work, however, was strategically challenging and enjoyable, and the staff was mostly great to work with.

I would no recommend NG if you are under a contract. As a direct hire, they seemed like quite a nice place to put down roots if you could handle the pace.
Pros
Migration engineering was a fun challenge, the people were great
Cons
The VITA/COV project blows and everyone knows it... which makes the place somewhat toxic
Northrop Grumman was a good place to work.
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 2, 2016
I enjoyed working at Northrop Grumman. The work was challenging and interesting. Management was helpful and communicated well. My colleagues were friendly and helpful.
Challengine work environment
Avionics Systems Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CADecember 2, 2016
Working in the B-2 aircraft depot I tested and verified that all systems were functioning before flight. During build process, troubleshot systems that are not working.

While working in the depot I learned the B-2 aircraft as a whole. When I worked in engineering, I was responsible for my specific box. now I know the aircraft as a system.

I have never worked with such an amazing team of people before. I looked forward to going to work every day. my co-workers contribute to that.

The hardest part and the most enjoyable is trying to fix a system that is not working.
Review Summary
Designer III (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSNovember 25, 2016
I already reviewed this company. This program will not allow me to pass up this part of the process of applying for a job. And I already did it once.
Questionable
Configuration Management Analyst Level 1 (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZNovember 25, 2016
The work is rewarding overall but the Management leaves quite a bit to be desired in some of the departments. Depending on the person and the Manager is whether you can even get advancement. By this I mean, your work doesn't matter, it's the person themselves that counts and not the work.
Productive place to work
Sheet Metal Worker/Welder (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VA 23607November 23, 2016
I learned so many things working for Northrop Grumman. I was able to learn how to do sheet metal work and SMAW welding. Highlt recommend this company. Excellent benefits
This is very productive work place.
Network Engineer Technician (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CANovember 22, 2016
This is the best company I worked for. Great pay. Great work place. Great benefits. Great training. Great lanes for advancements. Great job projects. Many different work locations to select from.
Goo Benefits
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 18, 2016
The company has good benefits overall. I was present on a project that replaced the PM with someone barely out of school. Lack of understanding of Client caused a loss of contract.
productivity and opportunity
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Westwego, LANovember 17, 2016
Excellent for technology education and advancement into shipping, space programs or a military career. This companies in field hands on training process is the one of the better ways for skilled labors to achieve a certificate of completion while being paid for an honest days work.
Pros
good hands on training opportunity
Cons
program ended in five years
Good Job Security
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 16, 2016
I enjoyed working there. Wish the company was more involved in the community especially in the Oklahoma City Area. Good job security depending on the program.
Hands Tied
Security Coordinator/ Document Control (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 16, 2016
Management at the office constantly had hands tied in assisting people under them by their managers. The ability for advancement of job or work environment was not there.
Pros
Most of the people are nice.
Cons
No job advancement
Excellent management, working towards becoming one company
Corporate Offset Lead (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VANovember 15, 2016
NGC has made a lot of progress under current leadership. Definitely heading in the right direction as far as sales and technology go. Very talented top management and overall a good place to work.
Pros
Being surrounded by the best and brightest people in the sector.
Cons
Compensation is below industry standard, lack of results sharing for most employees
Northrop Grumman Amherst Systems is not really Northrop Grumman
Microwave RF Technician (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYNovember 15, 2016
The pay scale is low and layoffs are a part of culture there. If you take a job here, don't expect longevity. The production manager's leadership style leaves a lot to be desired. Seems to be okay with categorizing employees based upon gender.
Pros
9/80 schedule
Cons
lay offs, instability with government contracts
great place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 13, 2016
I really liked working there because the job(s) were interesting and the people are great. the hours are good and they have an employee gym
Pros
wages, people, healthcare
Cons
contracts running out
worst working enviornment ever
Medicaid specialist/customer service rep (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 11, 2016
company was fined for pesticide spraying and never compensated any injured employees. Managers were fined and severely warned for repeated wrong behavior but never terminated or disciplined.
Pros
contract ended
Cons
contract ended
Diverse, loving and professional environment
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 11, 2016
I loved working for the company as well as the people.
Definitely room for advancement in the company, and diversity is very well important and acknowledged.
Pros
Great benefits
Low Employee Retention
Program Planning and Scheduling Analyst (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CANovember 10, 2016
Management only listens to management. There are benefits in working for a large company. There is an atmosphere that it's easier to get ahead because of who you know and not what you know.
A Day At Northrop
Sr. Test Manager (Current Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDNovember 9, 2016
I support a very small team of technical writers and testers. We sit together daily and communicate all day discussing work issues. The atmosphere is extremely present. I am not only a supervisor but a key contributor. The hardest part of my job is delivering unpleasant reviews or terminations to staff because of budget cuts. I enjoy the team and the team atmosphere. It is a pleasure to come to work with seasoned professionals who love their job.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor communication skills
Northrop Grumman review.
Sensor Operator/Tech - GEODSS (Former Employee) –  White Sands Missile Range, NMNovember 4, 2016
I feel like I lost a family. The site managers looked out for its people, and we did our best to make it work for all of us. Like all sites, it wasn't perfect, but we all knew what had to be done, and we had a team spirit going on (everybody accomplishing their duties and responsibilities). --- We all got the job done, and help one another to make sure everything got done, and to make sure we kept the Air Force satisfied. --- Yes, a family with some ups and downs, but what I sense today is that we have lost a key thing in business today - friendship & loyalty, but nothing last forever. Some employees I consider good people, which I sought their advise and again friendship. Maybe I will find that again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northrop Grumman. Our community is ready to answer.