Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews

Found 2,904 reviews matching the search
Very interesting position with a lot of cultural diversity
On-Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDSeptember 25, 2017
This position was a contract job. I was student liaison for 120 men from another Country and was in charge of everything outside of the classroom to include housing, transportation, meals, medical issues and cultural events.

I truly enjoyed this position and learned a lot from it. I also believe that my customer was able to take a lot away from it as well.
Solid Corporation
CORPORATE PROPERTY CASUALTY RISK MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 25, 2017
The company is solid and run very well. I wish they would invest more in the employees and really have constructive ways in which employees can grow
Pros
Great exposure and cutting edge technology
Cons
low salary
Toxic management, rewards ineptitude
Hunter UAS Technician & Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZSeptember 25, 2017
Had fun deploying, worked with some really good team members, has good benefits (in the dept I worked in at least)on the Flip-side it has inept management and really awful team members. best to keep one eye on your job and the other on your back.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Toxic Management, Toxic work enviroment
Productive working enviroment
Senior Employment Representative (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 24, 2017
A typical work day consisted of identifying skilled personnel to fill positions as full time Northrup Grumman (NG) employees and Government Contractors. The position was intense and extremely stressed based upon the hiring turn-around time. My management was located in Halls Church, VA and I on the west cost, leaving the daily operations to me in the management of a remote office and more than thirty employees. What was learned centered itself on taking care of NG's customer without unneeded support from corporate headquarters for mission accomplishment.
Pros
Remotness
Cons
Great working on the customer's site.
Oconus fms location
Deputy Director, Aviation Vinnell Arabia (Current Employee) –  Ar RiyāḍSeptember 24, 2017
Outstanding opportunity to start up, grow and perform a program.
CONUS location is a challenge.
Great pay and benefit package.
FMS Customer can be a challenge.
Pros
Salary and benefits package
Cons
OCONUS Location
Northrop-Grumman review
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDSeptember 22, 2017
Great company with great benefits giving you opportunities to develop yourself in practically unlimited professional areas.
Training areas unlimited and great understanding for your development needs.
Pros
Career opportunities and learning opportunities
Cons
Better communications
Material Forecasting
SR ENGINEERING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 22, 2017
Forecasting Department, analyzed Long and Short Lead Times for CVN 21 Shipbuilding contract. Prepared parts for procurement, working closely with Planning and Designing departments for part number accuracy, prior to ordering. Responsible for loading new part numbers into 3D Models for verification.
Pros
Job-Security
Cons
No Recognition for work
Too cheap
Composite Structural Analysis Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 21, 2017
Compared to other companies, this place is too cheap for providing needed software tool, education and basic cutting corners. Company doesn't want to invest in it's employees...they are just looking for overall profit and nothing else.
Nice place to work in
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZSeptember 21, 2017
Northrop Grumman as a company is excellent. The only problems you might encounter are security clearances issues and relocation issues. Other than that everything is great. But they don't pay like the others companies.
NG was an outstanding place to work
Integrated Logistics Systems Training Lead (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZSeptember 21, 2017
A typical day at Northrop Grumman always a enjoyable challenge. Everyday continued to maintain my interest and intellectual thrust for enrichment. The unit I was always had new and challenging work to do. As a trainer I was always moving to new projects and opportunities. Supervisors and management seemed to encourage motivate workers to improve for possible future advancement. The hardest part of the job was continuously moving to complex projects as ramp up was slow. At the same time the new projects were what kept me motivated and challenged.
Pros
Full facility complex that provided a comfortable work environment.
Cons
Cubicles we worked in got noisey at times
Productive and Motivating Workplace
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 21, 2017
If you're lucky enough to work on the team that I worked on, management treated you like an adult and tele-working 3 days a week was a great option. No micro-managing and great group of people to work with.
Pros
Tele-working and Management
First year, so far so good.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CASeptember 21, 2017
It's only been 9 months here, but I am loving everything about the company. Especially, the flex working hour fits my schedule perfectly. However, it depends on the project lead and manager.
Not a horrible place to work, but could be better
Supply Chain Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 20, 2017
Great job security. Great place to learn multiple disciplines. The culture is intense. They are starting to transition to a better culture, but that does take time and I am unsure how long it will take.
Stability
Program Cost Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 20, 2017
Pros
- 90/8 work schedule
- Benefits
- Retirement

Cons
- Poor management
- Lack of SOP's/Standard procedures - Everything is situational
- Old/dated campus
- No accountability
- No cafeteria
Defense contracting can be very challenging
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 19, 2017
NGC is a good company to work for but the environment for business is very competitive and the US government can be a very poor customer in regards to how it views it's contract work force. The customer has little, if any, regard for the effect that their actions have on those that support them (Friday pm tasks due Monday, Tasks due the day after holidays, short notice changes with no corresponding change in due date...)
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
low job security - the government is a poor customer
I loved working at Northrop Grumman
LOGISTICS/DISTRIBUTION WAREHOUSE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VASeptember 19, 2017
I loved working at Northrop Grumman and I started as Field Tech/Logistician. This required me to travel across the US and this was very exciting. I then became Facility Coordinator which added more duties for me but I loved the variety in my daily task. The only reason I left was due to lack of contracts and they had to lay off most of the staff otherwise I would have stayed there until I retired.
Electronics assembler (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 18, 2017
Northrop Grumman is a good company. In here you have a opportunity to get a lot of training and your skill will be improved . You will have a chance to learn some new technologies.
Best Job I have had
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GASeptember 18, 2017
Northrop Grumman was the best professional job I have had. The people at the location I was at were top notch yet no one ever had any attitude like they were better or smarter than anyone else. Everyone was there to get a job done and they were flexible when it came to the hours worked. As long as the customer needs were being met then there were no worries.
Great Compamy
Senior Production Manager (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 18, 2017
Northrop Grumman is a great company to work for and working with the people their was the most enjoyable part of the job. Northrop has a great work culture and a supportive management team.
Pros
good management, advancement opportunities, good work culture
Cons
A worldwide company with great opportunities for advancement
Infrastructure Engineer/Architect (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 18, 2017
My experience will vary from others as I am a contractor working on a customer project, but Northrop has treated me very well. There are pros and cons for working for such a large company but by and large they offer numerous opportunities from advancement to training and relocation. They also emphasize employee feedback and have been making an effort of late to actively monitor each and every comment made.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northrop Grumman. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval