Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews

Found 2,424 reviews matching the search
Good Place
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Woodlawn, MDJune 23, 2017
The company is a good place to work. I enjoy working with the team of hardworking professionals. There is flexibility in the schedule, making work life balance a very good thing.
log time ago
QA Specialist / Production Supervisor, Machinist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 22, 2017
excellent company to work for many years ago.
this changed mid way through my tenure
it got very cut throat

always wanted to return to this company

still do
Office Manager/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 20, 2017
I worked with a lot a great people. My job duties were front office. I sent all office bills to corporate to be paid. I assisted in travel and expense reports. I prepared for things to be shipped out of office. I also did all of the shopping for supplies in office. All of this was enjoyable for me.
Pros
this job made me feel needed
Hard but fun
CTTR East Coast Networks and Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 19, 2017
This was the most difficult project I had worked to date. However due to the excellent support structure from the PMO office I felt I always had the ability to do my job.

My hours were very long, but I was give a task that was worth doing and a goal that was ambitious but achievable

The benefits in that particular sector of NG are not great but they are not typical for the whole of the company.
Pros
Great company that truely understand DoD contracting and DC
Cons
Sometimes it is easy to just become a number
Good Place to work
Logistic Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJune 19, 2017
Its a good place to work, but some of the people like in anywhere you have your good one and your bad ones. the problem is that on this location there are a lot of d lazy ones that barely do they job and management relays heavily on the ones that work very hard on a day to day basis to get projects deadline done.
Pros
Good place to work, if you keep to your self
Cons
people form clicks that bring down the morale of others, no work gets done.
Very productiive - You'll earn every penny you make.
Shipfitter/Welder (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 19, 2017
The summers are brutal, the winter isn't any better, but the money is decent. I learned how to weld at their welding school and really appreciated the attention to detail provided by my instructor.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
The weather can be harsh if outdoors.
Productive and fun place to work at
SUPPLY TECHNICIAN/CLS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Shaw AFB, SCJune 17, 2017
A typical day at work consists of ensuring all military equipment has been delivered to overseas locations. Also ensuring proper paperwork has been filled out and filed. I learned everything I needed to know about supply management. Workplace culture is a very fun environment and a willingness to learn. The hardest part of the job was trying to get in contact with other supply professionals who are located at overseas locations. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and the satisfaction of supporting the troops overseas.
Pros
The people
Cons
People were warm, but the supervisors were cold
Electronics Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 16, 2017
I Liked the job, but there was no room for small mistakes, and the bosses stood over our shoulders which made for a too stressful work environment. Would not recommend.
Pros
Insurance was great
Cons
No chance of moving up in the company
North
Sr Systems Engineer, Network Engineer, Networking (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 16, 2017
Good place to work paid for Masters degree and keep the day to day okay I liked working for them They have many locations to work and are very much entrenched with the defense industry. very big on engineers .
Pros
some
Cons
some
gratifying
Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) (Former Employee) –  Tinker AFB, OKJune 16, 2017
After retiring from the US Air Force, I was grateful Northrop Grumman gave me the opportunity to continue to serve and support the troops in their peace keeping and war fighting missions
Security Support II
Security Support II (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 16, 2017
Northrop was an excellent company to work for with great benefits. The executive leadership was always willing to educate and train their staff. The people were great and I was able to gain a Security + certification from this company which looks great on my resume.
HRBP Professional Development Program
Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 16, 2017
I was hired into Northrop Grumman into their Professional Development Program being told it was a high potential program but in actuality it was just a hiring tool. The program has potential but they haven't figured out the details of actually running it yet. What really makes a difference is the manager. I had a fantastic first manager but the the next 2 I experiences sexism and constant condescending attitudes.
Pros
Flexibility, valuable mission
Cons
Slow development growth
A little slow at first but it worked out fine
Systems Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 15, 2017
Since it was an office job, I was mainly at the cubicle and/or walking around doing things my boss tasked me with. I was able to learn some more about programming through what i was tasked with and the people working there were really nice.
My favorite Employer so far
Information Technologist III (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 15, 2017
Strong company provided employees with what they needed to get the job done. Good pay and opportunities to advance in skills. Benefits on-par with other defense contracting companies.
Work/Life Balance is 2nd to none
Technical Writer/Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2017
The teams at Northrop Grumman are like family. Many of the managers have been with NG for over 10 years. Their experience is very helpful when dealing with the clients.
In addition, the work/life balance is amazing.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Pay is not the best
very busy
Tack Welder/Insulator (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 15, 2017
amazing place to be helping building ships for our country
meeting new people almost everyday on a differ job site
the hardest part about this job is trying your hardest to perfect your work
Great Company
SAP security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 15, 2017
This company offers Great education benefits.
The environment was very relaxed.
I enjoyed the workplace culture and the employees that I was working with.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with management.
fast paced
TECHNICAL SUPPORT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 15, 2017
Good company to work for. Good management for the most part. not a lot of advancement opps. Steady employment that will likely continue in the foreseeable future.
Above Place to Work
Senior Editor/Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 15, 2017
Work hours are reasonable; Managers Team put more focus on themselves than the employees.

Morales are average with very little chances of improvement. Benefits are somewhat reasonable, pay are below average for the area that the job is performed at.
Easy job. Good people. Clean environment.
Technician/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJune 14, 2017
I would simply take tooling that needed certification off a shelf and calibrate and certify that it was accurate. I didn't learn much. They learned more from me. I'm still in contact with a few employees's form that department. The hardest part of the job was Sine Plate calibration. The easiest part was that i lived literally across the street from the plant. The most enjoyable part was that we were all friends inside and outside of the job and that led to better relations all around.
Pros
good pay. easy location. very professional
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northrop Grumman. Our community is ready to answer.