Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,003 reviews matching the search
Unethical Company
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 29, 2016
They do not care about people. You will only be a butt in a seat. Management sucks!! They only give 1-3% raises a year, even if you bust your butt off!! If you don't need their insurance, don't expect extra money for that. The only good (which isn't really good) thing about working there is the 401K, which most companies have. They only match up to 3% others, such as Raytheon, Boeing etc is 6%. Run away, don't walk, run....look else where, you'll be glad you did!
Pros
9 80 work weeks
Cons
Low pay, unethical, management
Typical Aerospace Corporation - Zero chance for advance unless PHD
Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 25, 2016
Worked at NGC for 6 years as a "grunt" design engineer. No opportunity to advance, just keep pushing designs/drawings out the door. Same pay raise (1% to 3% year) as the next guy whether you do more than him/her or not. If you have a PHD you may make it into management and make more $$$, but be prepared to get stepped on. Very poor management. Typical corporation.
Pros
9-5 job, steady paycheck
Cons
Poor pay, poor opportunites to advance your career, poor management
Northrop Grumman is a stable enviroment to work in.
Hazardous Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAJuly 17, 2016
A typical day at work involves the processing of various forms of information. I have learned how to use the SAP system to complete daily transactions. My manager ensures that we keep a open line of communication to keep the work environment running smooth. My coworkers work closely together to complete the job on a step by step basis. The hardest part of the job is keeping everyone happy at all times. What I enjoy most about the job is being in the position to manage my own time.
Pros
The ability to Flex hours.
Cons
short breaks.
Emloys many, work accomplished by few
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 21, 2016
A top engineering company that is riddled with chutes and ladders, which constantly hinder the freeflow of your work. Management typical has no clue what is going on with their own employees, with the exception of a few that understand being a manager is more than just a seat that needs filled. Most engineers are easy going and will be open to talk to you about their work. The most enjoyable part of this job is the ability to work on many different designs ranging from simple to complex.
Northrop Grumman experience
Work Area Commander / Battle Tracker (Current Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSJune 22, 2016
Enjoy working with like minded coworkers with similar backgrounds. Happy building proficiencies in three simulation systems. Liked contributing to a successful team built of 75 type A personalities.. Enjoyed taking over in administration and building relationships with 100+ part time employees. Getting them to the right place at the right time with pleasant accommodations.

Most enjoyable part is traveling and contributing to the success of each exercise.
This was a wonderful place to work.
Order Administrator & Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 5, 2016
A typical day at work involved exciting
challenges and rewarding projects.
The management here was brilliant
and always looking for ways that
employees could move ahead.
My co-workers were really team players.
The hardest part of the job was to
leave. The most enjoyable part of
the job was the everyday friendship
and cooperation that existed.
Pros
Exciting, challenging, friendly.
Productive and team work
Database Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJune 8, 2016
I learned a lot while working with Northrop Grumman. They are very productive and the job atmosphere was a plus. The teamwork was amazing. The manager I worked under was an awesome manager. She showed a lot of concern for her employees and made sure that any questions that you asked were answered. I didn't really have a day were there was a hardest part of the job because the help, if needed was there at all times. The most enjoyable was the four team members that I worked closely with.
Pros
Employee motivation
Cons
favoritism
The main part of the Job that I like was working with the customer on a daily basis getting the mission done
Senior Mission Payload Engineer (Current Employee) –  Schriever AFB, COJune 3, 2016
9 hours shifts lots of coffee, working in dimly lit places

There was a serious lack of communication and training for the specific job I was hired for. Lots of self learning and OJT on the fly.

No training program in place....

My fellow team members for the most part are very professional and hard working individuals

Hardest part of the job was the constantly changing work schedule, hours changed every week with the rotating schedule
Pros
short commute, great pay
Cons
Lack of seperate PTO/Vacation days, no lunch breaks....constantly working in the dark
No where to go
Test Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Wallops Island, VAJune 1, 2016
As with most contracting companies the corporate company promotes one thing and local management does their own thing anyway. There were multiple complaints about HR issues and treatment of employees but nothing was ever done. Working in a secluded area like Wallops they pay extremely low and there is no opportunity to advance your career.
Pros
Working at SCSC was great to still work with the military
Cons
Micro manager that facilitates a hostile work environment
Better than Most, but Used to be Better
Technical Writer/Editor II (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 27, 2016
Most of the company that I have ever dealt with is full of fantastic employees. However, after 13 years, it has gone down hill. Management isn't as good as it used to be. A lot of micromanaging at play and disruptive to workers. The company has downsized quite a bit since I started and some good talent was lost. This is especially true for the management. Also, the layoffs have caused those remaining workers a lot more work for little to no pay increase.
Pros
Solid company, cares about their employees
Cons
Management isn't as solid, seems to downsize every 6 months or so. Benefits have also taken a turn for worse.
Employee Focused Enviornment
HR (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 23, 2016
Northrop Grumman is a rewarding place to work. The culture of the company is engagement and employee satisfaction.

The hardest part of this job is that it is a call center environment, it is very difficult to work within a call center matrix if you are not accustomed. Your work is not be measured on your knowledge level but on your ability to meet the matrix numbers which are the same for any level, from tier one who answer and direct calls all day to the more involved lower management positions. If you are focused on assisting an employee beyond the basic customer service level, this may not may not be an ideal environment.
Pros
On site cafe
Cons
Call Center Enviornment
A good company to work for
Technical Support and System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJuly 25, 2016
While I worked at Northrop Grumman I had the opportunity to work under some great managers and mentors. This was the primary reason I stayed with them for 20 years before moving on. Though a large company it had a warm family atmosphere along with their annual family picnic.
Pros
Great managers, co-workers, culture, job duties, salary and benefits
Cons
None that come to mind
Good Company to work for
IT Asset Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Home/Remote Office, Gloucester, VAJuly 25, 2016
Ability to work remotely and good work/life balance practices...SW/HW experience has been invaluable and provided a wealth of knowledge involving IT Asset Management. I most enjoy my work to develop processes/work instruction. The daily risk assessment and analysis has been a huge benefit in my ITAM development.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Advancement Opportunities/Pay increases
steady work
Painter (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJune 13, 2016
although they pay good, they hold it like a carrot in front of your face to treat you unfairly and take advantage of you. they still try to ride their old reputation of being a company for the workers and family first though it hasn't been like that for many years. if you need work have at it.
Pros
location is in a very affordable area
Cons
taken away everything including pensions all the way down to christmas bonuses
Awful business space, obtuse leadership
UX Designer II (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 29, 2016
I'm not allowed to know what it takes to get a promotion, because they probably won't give me one if I meet the qualifications. My healthcare deductible has tripled in two years. Managers only want to deliver minimum viable product that will get defunded if the government thinks they may have to actually field the product.

They will tell you that you're never allowed to show any of your work to people outside the company, so you will not be able to build a portfolio to show future employers when you try to leave.
Pros
Lots of vacation time
Cons
No path to advancement, miserable office space, no way to build a portfolio.
Intelligence analysis
Cyber intelligence analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfax County, VAJuly 12, 2016
Worked as a cyber intel operator for a year at NG. Former USAF, went directly to classified network operator. Was tough but mission-essential work. Hard to sleep during the day, so had to quit. If the shifts were shorter, would have stayed on and grown with them. Recommend for starting a career in DC/Virginia.
Pros
Awesome spy work
Cons
shift work sleeping disorder
Not as it seems
SCA electronics technician (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GA 31088June 17, 2016
I truly enjoyed WHAT I did and the co-workers were amazing! The management lacked in communication severally and their training program was non-existent. I loved the fact that I was able do different things within the company, sometimes on a regular basis.
Pros
The paycheck was enough to support my family
Cons
micro-managing and miscommunication between management
Good, large defense contractor
Software Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 19, 2016
Northrop is a very large defense contractor. That means the hours are flexible but consistent, good pay, good benefits, you never need to bring your work home with you (and often can't), and your job can never be outsourced.

But it's also a very large, impersonal company, with all the bureaucracy and politics that comes with that.
Pros
Cool industry
Cons
Decent benefits and pay
exciting work if on the right program
Logistics Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMay 19, 2016
HR controls the whole company and management has no control over who gets raises or promotions. HR makes that decision without knowing the employee or their work ethics. The company emails you regularly about how much money they are making but pays employees the absolute minimum and has poor health benefits.
Pros
exciting work
Cons
pay/ advancement
I very well rounded company
Tool Crib attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 5, 2016
Worked with some very hard working people at a high demand Job. Handing out tools, drills, reamers, core drills, counter bores, and all kinds of equipment to aircraft mechanics so that they can complete their jobs and get the aircraft back up and running. It was a nonstop quick pace work place but gave me a better understanding of many tools and necessary items used to repair aircraft.