Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews

Great
Product Trainer (Current Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLOctober 19, 2017
Great place to work, very supportive of personnel. Team oriented and always kept employees informed. IT support was sometimes out of sorts. Really liked working for Northrop Grumman,
Quality Audit Inspector/ Final Assembly (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 18, 2017
I cannot write much about my experience at Northrop Grumman. However, what I can say is that the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that my contributions helped in the security of the United States.
Good
Information Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 18, 2017
Good place to work for. The pay was low but if you work in the corporate sector most jobs let you work from home and there is stability. The pay is lower than industry. They promote from within
Good places
Range Helper (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXOctober 18, 2017
Range helper job not bad Monday thru Friday 8 to 5 weekends off benefits ok pay alright for just to help around the shooting range good people around to work with not a bad job at all.
Pros
good people
Cons
Great job security, slow advancement
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 18, 2017
You get great job security, but slow career advancement. Management is great and easy to work with. Salary is lower than the private sector, but that's expected. Work life balance is excellent
Pros
Job security, work-life balance, stress-free, management
Cons
lower salary, slow career advancement
Onsite Customer, not at Northrop
Windows Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Schriever AFB, COOctober 17, 2017
I can't provide much on Northrop other than they took good care of me. I work at a customer site with people from all different companies and don't interface with Northrop much.
enormous government contractor with the standard issues for big companies
Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 17, 2017
NGAS is a good place to work, but the historical culture of fixing poor planning with mandatory overtime is a horrible mindset and extremely demotivating. the tools are cumbersome to do the job, the networks and computing resources are way below acceptable for a company with the annual revenue. leadership positions are not vetted appropriately.
Pros
competitive pay coming in the door, job security, interesting end products
Cons
lots of repetition of historic practices rather than independant thought.
Decent place to work
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2017
Not a bad place to work. The benefits aren't as good as other companies I've worked for. They also make you track every little thing you do and charge it to a network. If there's an event on campus they expect you to use your personal time to attend.
Great People and Great Company
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Schriever AFB, COOctober 17, 2017
Great company, great benefits, and great people. I would have continued to work there if there wasn't so many cuts in funding to our program during that time.
A top-knotch company with quirks
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2017
It's difficult to rate a company of this size as a whole, but I have always had excellent front-line managers, almost unlimited opportunity to try new things, the chance to make a difference in the programs worked, and very competitive compensation. I know not everyone has had the same experiences as me, but most high performers can find a path to success in this company. I wish they had more of an emphasis on soft skills, but I think that is changing. You'll work with some brilliant people here and often get to decide what you do on any given day.
Pros
Upward mobility, many different assignments, good compensation
Cons
Occassional crisis work hours, some poor manages (not mine, but I hear about them), short-sighted investments in necessary tools/processes
This was an excellent work environment with great people.
IT Site Lead (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87109October 17, 2017
I ran the IT dept at our local site to include 3 others on staff. I learned self management and leadership skills. I had no management on site but had weekly meetings via Teleconference.The job was in a classified area and required many rules before any work could be done. My favorite part of the job was helping my co-workers with their information needs.
Pros
awesome environment and people.
Cons
Layoffs
Advanced Technology
Principal Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILOctober 16, 2017
If you are interested in advanced technology this is a great place to work. Some travel required. Great people and team members on the fast paced programs.
Cons
Security Clearance
The culture and schedule are fantastic, the pay not so much..
Physical Security Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 16, 2017
Northrop looks good on a resume and there are many upward opportunities if the employee is willing to relocate. The company is a strong, major competitor in the defense industry and so there is some stability. The pay is lower than you find at other defense contractors though.
Pros
Every other Friday off. Good people working there.
Cons
The pay.
It is a great place to work.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER/ANALYST I (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 16, 2017
I worked at a client site working closely with the client, so our environment is not a good representation of Northrop Grumman. I did however think the company tried its best to assist the employees with all the benefits and employee groups and perks.
it was a good job
Military Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 16, 2017
I enjoyed working at Northrop Grumman for the eight years I was there. They provided us the benefits of working for an established company when many othe defense companies are start ups.
excellent work place
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 16, 2017
Excellent people, Excellent work environment. Great professionalism Awesome leadership, Provides great learning environment for employees and management
A great place to work
Project Lead / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYOctober 16, 2017
Northrop Grumman is a great place to work. The management is wonderful all the way from executive management to middle management. People are friendly and helpful, comp is good and you feel like the company really does appreciate you.
It felt like woking with a very large family!
Aircraft Production Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 16, 2017
A typical day at work was removing as many road blocks as possible. The key skill I learned was staying ahead in a plan as much as possible. The hardest part of the job was dealing with 50 people at once. A successful day was moving a critical path job forward and helping a mechanic advance because of his performance.
Pros
Parking inside the gate
Cons
Administrative discipline
Large Varied Defense Conglomerate
TASC, Principal MTS (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDOctober 14, 2017
A large company with all of the pros and cons that go with a large company. Bought the smaller company that I worked for and changed the culture for the worse.
Had a series of bad jobs
Analyst, training (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 14, 2017
I found the options available to be limited to positions that had little work to do and little guidance on how to handle that. Additionally, compensation and benefits were a bit low compared to other federal contractors.
Pros
Decent salary, decent benefits
Cons
lots of slow contracts; poor career counseling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northrop Grumman. Our community is ready to answer.