Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,033 reviews matching the search
Conduct Testing activites
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDAugust 24, 2016
Conduct testing with: IRS test environment staff, the AIR development team, the AIR systems engineers,
testers and AIR software architects to effectively communicate information regarding code defects, code
releases, requirements and environment status and needs. Develop and implement quality-control
methodologies to ensure compliance with requirements and customer specifications using Agile/Scrum
Methodology
Pros
Team players work place
Cons
Distance
Typical Aerospace Corporation - Zero chance for advance unless PHD
Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 25, 2016
Worked at NGC for 6 years as a "grunt" design engineer. No opportunity to advance, just keep pushing designs/drawings out the door. Same pay raise (1% to 3% year) as the next guy whether you do more than him/her or not. If you have a PHD you may make it into management and make more $$$, but be prepared to get stepped on. Very poor management. Typical corporation.
Pros
9-5 job, steady paycheck
Cons
Poor pay, poor opportunites to advance your career, poor management
Northrop Grumman Review
Information Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne flAugust 16, 2016
The job is difficult and you really need to know your stuff because it is a very cut throat environment. When in a meeting or making a decision, you need to be able to give a response to answer a question and be 100% confident that its the right course of action because if it isn't, you very well might be dispensable and replaced within the next 48 hours. Very rewarding for those who go above and beyond.
Pros
Flexible hours, work from home (on occasion), pay, environment
Cons
Gossip and rumors like any other job
Very productive
Aircraft systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAAugust 24, 2016
I loved the job as Leading Petty Officer. I supervise The ATFLIR department 32 personal, and The Fuel stores 18 Personnel as well as being the sailor of the year twice and Number 1 of 6 leading petty officers in command. I manage the logistics of moving some 30 thousand tons of equipment to and from 5 deployments, and 40 temporary detachments.
Pros
LPO, Sailor of the year, Got to use forklifts, qualified as offten as i wanted on the range.
Cons
Always gone
Frequent Changes in Organizational Structure and Management
Manager, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 26, 2016
The company is evolving. In the last 5-7 years there has been a great deal of change organizationally. The management structure is constantly in flux. There are many efforts regarding Engagement and Inclusion that despite concerted, very focused attention by management don't seem to have much traction. The great thing about working at this company is that despite the uncertain environment and distrust of a management, employees are dedicated and committed to the mission.
Pros
Committed and very hard working employees
Cons
Instability
Northrop Grumman is a stable enviroment to work in.
Hazardous Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAJuly 17, 2016
A typical day at work involves the processing of various forms of information. I have learned how to use the SAP system to complete daily transactions. My manager ensures that we keep a open line of communication to keep the work environment running smooth. My coworkers work closely together to complete the job on a step by step basis. The hardest part of the job is keeping everyone happy at all times. What I enjoy most about the job is being in the position to manage my own time.
Pros
The ability to Flex hours.
Cons
short breaks.
Unethical Company
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 29, 2016
They do not care about people. You will only be a butt in a seat. Management sucks!! They only give 1-3% raises a year, even if you bust your butt off!! If you don't need their insurance, don't expect extra money for that. The only good (which isn't really good) thing about working there is the 401K, which most companies have. They only match up to 3% others, such as Raytheon, Boeing etc is 6%. Run away, don't walk, run....look else where, you'll be glad you did!
Pros
9 80 work weeks
Cons
Low pay, unethical, management
This was a wonderful place to work.
Order Administrator & Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 5, 2016
A typical day at work involved exciting
challenges and rewarding projects.
The management here was brilliant
and always looking for ways that
employees could move ahead.
My co-workers were really team players.
The hardest part of the job was to
leave. The most enjoyable part of
the job was the everyday friendship
and cooperation that existed.
Pros
Exciting, challenging, friendly.
Nice coworkers poor healthcare
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 9, 2016
These are some of the , no, the worst healthcare benefits I have every had. I hear that they use to have wonderful health benefits but they have taken a turn for the worst over the last four years. You never know how much your doctor visit will cost because they do not have a co pay structure. Instead of paying copays you are responsible for 100 percent of the cost until you meet your deductible, then after it is met you still have to pay 20 percent. Gone of the days of paying 10 20 30 for prescriptions. You also have to meet a prescription deductible first then pay 20 percent of what ever your meds cost. My guest is that the folks that are saying they have great medical benefits never worked for a company that truly had good benefits
Cons
healthcare
Love the company
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2016
I liked working at Northrop thought I would make a career out of it but the druggy management in my dept was horrible, Literally smoked dope on lunch (not marijuana), kissed the behinds of new female employees would advance them without any experience and overlooked those that worked hard. They were liars, Found out that everyone was paid well over $5 more than I.
Pros
Great Company Overall
Cons
Horrible Dept
Northrop Grumman experience
Work Area Commander / Battle Tracker (Current Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSJune 22, 2016
Enjoy working with like minded coworkers with similar backgrounds. Happy building proficiencies in three simulation systems. Liked contributing to a successful team built of 75 type A personalities.. Enjoyed taking over in administration and building relationships with 100+ part time employees. Getting them to the right place at the right time with pleasant accommodations.

Most enjoyable part is traveling and contributing to the success of each exercise.
Emloys many, work accomplished by few
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 21, 2016
A top engineering company that is riddled with chutes and ladders, which constantly hinder the freeflow of your work. Management typical has no clue what is going on with their own employees, with the exception of a few that understand being a manager is more than just a seat that needs filled. Most engineers are easy going and will be open to talk to you about their work. The most enjoyable part of this job is the ability to work on many different designs ranging from simple to complex.
A good company to work for
Technical Support and System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJuly 25, 2016
While I worked at Northrop Grumman I had the opportunity to work under some great managers and mentors. This was the primary reason I stayed with them for 20 years before moving on. Though a large company it had a warm family atmosphere along with their annual family picnic.
Pros
Great managers, co-workers, culture, job duties, salary and benefits
Cons
None that come to mind
Good Company to work for
IT Asset Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Home/Remote Office, Gloucester, VAJuly 25, 2016
Ability to work remotely and good work/life balance practices...SW/HW experience has been invaluable and provided a wealth of knowledge involving IT Asset Management. I most enjoy my work to develop processes/work instruction. The daily risk assessment and analysis has been a huge benefit in my ITAM development.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Advancement Opportunities/Pay increases
Productive workplace
Tier II Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 9, 2016
Very good company to be employed; great experience and overall a very good learning experience. On a typical day, I was able to resolve different work issues for the US Postal customer base. The hardest part of the job was understanding customers description of their problem over the phone. The most enjoyable part was resolving customers' issues and the gratitude they provided.
Productive and team work
Database Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJune 8, 2016
I learned a lot while working with Northrop Grumman. They are very productive and the job atmosphere was a plus. The teamwork was amazing. The manager I worked under was an awesome manager. She showed a lot of concern for her employees and made sure that any questions that you asked were answered. I didn't really have a day were there was a hardest part of the job because the help, if needed was there at all times. The most enjoyable was the four team members that I worked closely with.
Pros
Employee motivation
Cons
favoritism
The main part of the Job that I like was working with the customer on a daily basis getting the mission done
Senior Mission Payload Engineer (Current Employee) –  Schriever AFB, COJune 3, 2016
9 hours shifts lots of coffee, working in dimly lit places

There was a serious lack of communication and training for the specific job I was hired for. Lots of self learning and OJT on the fly.

No training program in place....

My fellow team members for the most part are very professional and hard working individuals

Hardest part of the job was the constantly changing work schedule, hours changed every week with the rotating schedule
Pros
short commute, great pay
Cons
Lack of seperate PTO/Vacation days, no lunch breaks....constantly working in the dark
No where to go
Test Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Wallops Island, VAJune 1, 2016
As with most contracting companies the corporate company promotes one thing and local management does their own thing anyway. There were multiple complaints about HR issues and treatment of employees but nothing was ever done. Working in a secluded area like Wallops they pay extremely low and there is no opportunity to advance your career.
Pros
Working at SCSC was great to still work with the military
Cons
Micro manager that facilitates a hostile work environment
Better than Most, but Used to be Better
Technical Writer/Editor II (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 27, 2016
Most of the company that I have ever dealt with is full of fantastic employees. However, after 13 years, it has gone down hill. Management isn't as good as it used to be. A lot of micromanaging at play and disruptive to workers. The company has downsized quite a bit since I started and some good talent was lost. This is especially true for the management. Also, the layoffs have caused those remaining workers a lot more work for little to no pay increase.
Pros
Solid company, cares about their employees
Cons
Management isn't as solid, seems to downsize every 6 months or so. Benefits have also taken a turn for worse.
Intelligence analysis
Cyber intelligence analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfax County, VAJuly 12, 2016
Worked as a cyber intel operator for a year at NG. Former USAF, went directly to classified network operator. Was tough but mission-essential work. Hard to sleep during the day, so had to quit. If the shifts were shorter, would have stayed on and grown with them. Recommend for starting a career in DC/Virginia.
Pros
Awesome spy work
Cons
shift work sleeping disorder

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northrop Grumman. Our community is ready to answer.