Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews

Found 2,478 reviews matching the search
Good company, great peers, political environment
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 20, 2017
Upper level management does not seem to care about the 'average joe' doing the daily tasks. They seem to be more concerned about their bonuses and image.
Peers were always great to work with, however supply chain is always the scape goat. A tough position to be in, depending on the program area supported.
Typical day involved updating status of requirements, expediting material receipt, working with suppliers regarding any issues, monitoring material dollars, and preparing the monthly budgets.
Cons
healthcare, low raises
Very fullfilling work environment
IT Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJuly 20, 2017
I had opportunities over opportunities to learn, and challenge myself. When working on programs it could get very stressful. A good Program Manager could keep the stress level low and acknowledge your hard work. Other Program Managers did not care and drove staff too hard.
Pros
Love the work I did
Cons
At times a sweat shop on certain programs
Hard place to advance
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZ 85635July 18, 2017
the support system was very lacking. Not a strong internal structure that supports growth or encourage the internal core of the company. To many days of being uneasy
Pros
9/80 schedule
Cons
no support
Excellent Management and projects
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 18, 2017
Enjoyed the variety of projects offered. The management was very helpful and professional. Good opportunity for advancement as well (I worked there for a year and got a timely fair raise). Projects are well streamlined with daily update standups, kanban boards and monthly retrospectives.
Pros
Never a dull moment.
Cons
Paid parking (by workers) and sometimes seems understaffed
Not a bad place to start your career
Electronics Engineer PDP (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILJuly 18, 2017
Poor compensation for good work, but a good place to initially develop skills early on in your career. Work is interesting and the people are good. Work life balance is amazing.
Very busy environment, crew was fun to be around.
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 18, 2017
The job was handed to us when we got to work. Work was always steady and overtime was almost always available. Parking from the ships was a little far and the parking lots were always full.
welder
Structural Welder (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 18, 2017
if you are a welder, then this won't be the highest paying job for you, but it'll still be awesome pay with awesome benefits and overtime all year around.
Good benefit package
Desktop Support Technician II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2017
I worked at the city of Indianapolis originally do all the printer support around the city city/county building, police, fire, DPW. They offered training and retirement package.
Good Place
INTERNAL AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 15, 2017
Its a great place to work and get experience about all operations of the company. You learn about all operations of the company to move up in the company
Stodgy and secure
Technology Lead (Former Employee) –  Tysons, VAJuly 14, 2017
NGC is one of the better defense contractors, for what that's worth. More focused on quality and ethics than most, it's stodgy and bureaucratic - but they pay well and they do their best to keep you employed. If you're looking for good pay and job security, this is a good place to look. If you want an exciting and dynamic environment -- this probably isn't the place for you.
Pros
Good compensation, good job security
Cons
This company moves slo-o-o-wly.
Cutroat and budget driven not quality
Aircraft Mechanic leadworker (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine Beach, FLJuly 13, 2017
From a lower level management position having been with company things have gotten worse with losing people after training them to do hands on work on product they always leave for better pay because the bottom line calls for lesser skilled lower payed mechanics . This hurts morale as you are always answering for blown budgets and extreme rework and scrap parts . Overall it is great place to be an engineer but all aspects of production and management are too stressful for the pay .insurance Benifits have dwindled considering out of pocket expenses has tripled over last 3 years .
Pros
Free parking and air conditioning
Cons
Too many hours spent st work
Some Friday's we get off early
Ground Maintenance Instructor (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TexasJuly 13, 2017
The management where I work is the best I've had in a long time to include the military, great team. I would not change this team atmosphere up for any other company, if i can work for them for the next ten years i will be here by there sides.
Pros
No issues
Cons
great pention
Main Idea
Logistics Item Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92123July 12, 2017
Projects that were continuous were were accepted with a comfortable and motivational attitude. Teams were assigned to work together and completed task for the benefit of the company.
The company has given me the opportunity to further my education, broaden my professional skills, support dynamic programs and work with exceptional p
Logistics Planner (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 12, 2017
Northrop Grumman leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to government and commercial customers worldwide. Fairly average pay and benefits, nothing special. 401k match maxes out at 7% for new employees, if you contribute 8%.
Bonuses are only for top performers, based on your management performance review.
9/80 work week
Pros
Great Salaries, broaden my professional skills, support dynamic programs and work with exceptional people.
Cons
You work in the desert, no pensions for new hires
Overworked and underpaid
Subcontract Administrator, IV (Current Employee) –  Linthicum, MDJuly 10, 2017
The Management is horrible to work with. There is no room for advancement. This job is more like working on a assembly line where everything is a rush.
Great place for young engineers but not everyone else
International Trade Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 10, 2017
I worked here for 9 years in a non-engineering role. Both of my managers during this time were authoritarian; neither offered much room for advancement which is ultimately why I left the company. Work/life balance was pretty good; some overtime and weekends necessary but nothing too outrageous. This company is a very old boy culture where I often heard women mocked for achieving higher level management jobs and where some of the older engineers would still make comments about the actions and appearance of women. The bureaucracy at NGC runs deep and for such a large company, there are SO many people who are employed there because their mom/dad/uncle/whatever also works/worked there. Sector mergers have led to a decrease in supervisor, lead and lower level management positions so mobility is limited unless you are are engineer. The final comment is that HR has been outsourced so getting into NGC now is a nightmare with resume key word searches and multiple screening interviews before you even speak with a hiring manager. When I left after 9 years, I was given a checklist to complete and my manager never once offered guidance about off-boarding.
Pros
Decent pay, decent benefits, 9/80 work schedule
Cons
Lack of advancement for non-engineers and poor management
Great
Logistics Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 9, 2017
NGC is a great company to work for. They provide a great life work balance. They provide a 9/80 schedule with every other friday off. People are professional and makes for a great working environment
Longevity
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJuly 9, 2017
This company is worldwide and offers a variety of careers. I've had the pleasure of advancing which led to great career opportunities. Overall this a great company to work for.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Contract
Good technology
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAJuly 9, 2017
I enjoyed the technology, which was space oriented. Very cool, and the tours are wonderful.

The company culture left me feeling disappointed. There are a lot of nice folks working there, but there are some there that cling to their little areas and they can get possessive and weird, even if you're not familiar with the culture.

A lot of people like it there but I did not.
Able to pursue a Professional and Dynamic Career!
PROJECT ENGINEER, MANUFACTURING (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 7, 2017
Able to grow within Northrop-Grumman and succeed Professionally. Began in Program Planning and reached the Goal as. Manufacturing Project Engineer. Enjoyed the Challenges within Program Planning. Found a greater Challenge with the position as a Manufacturing Project Engineer. Was able to have the flexibility from Management in the performance of my responsibilities and duties.
Pros
Enjoyed a Challenging and Exciting Career!
Cons
Healthcare in retirement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northrop Grumman. Our community is ready to answer.