Northrop Grumman
1,632 reviews

Northrop Grumman United States Employee Reviews

Great place to work on government contracts
Industrial Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Salt Lake CityMay 3, 2015
Pros: freedom, work/life balance
Cons: job security
Northrop is one of the best places to work. There is plenty of room for advancement and great life/work balance. Management is always there to listen and quick to respond to any issues.
One of the best jobs I have had.
Life Safety Planner (Current Employee), Linthicum, MDMay 3, 2015
Pros: great company to work for
Cons: none
I learned a lot of self confidence and motivation working here. I work with a great crew. I would like to keep working here but the contract renewal process is in a freeze for my position.
Able to grow in position knowledge
Control Analyst (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 30, 2015
There is room for advancement but it may take a long time to get there and you definitely have to prove yourself by always going above and beyond. Depending on what contract you are assigned days can be long and stressful with high demand from leadership.
Very good company
Project Performance Planning Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 30, 2015
Very large company. A lot of room to change roles if you have the contacts and are willing to relocate.
Above average benefits.
Government clients
Good company to work for
Engineer (Current Employee), MarylandApril 29, 2015
Pros: Standard defense contractor benefits package
Cons: limited advancement
Not a bad company to work for. There are opportunities if you are willing to travel and take on jobs you may not want. As with any defense contracting company, jobs are dependent on government policies and budget. It would be great if the company ventured into more civilian areas. Standard benefits package for defense contracting company.
Great company, lots of opportunity for growth.
Program Manager/Sr. Principal Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Warner Robins, GAApril 28, 2015
Working for Northrop Grumman is great.

9-80 work week, competent management, good co-workers.

Sky is the limit, so long as you work hard and behave as a team player.
Work Env. is great
Consultant Engineer, Sr. Stress analyst (Current Employee), Redondo Beach, CAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Nice work place with good co-workers
Cons: Some managers need more diciplane how to interact with employee
Most I like about NGC is work env. co-workers interaction and exciting projects. Some managers love to micro management rather some others are easy going people and give you room to grow and ask questions.
Fun for all who shares the power between themself
West Coast Plant Equipment Engineering, (Current Employee), El-Segundo CAApril 28, 2015
A typical day at work is chasing your tail until the day ends without results.
I learned if I speak out for the good of the company I may loose my job
Management is unprepared for the task
Co-workers are few
The hardest part of the job is to explain management things what is common knowledge
The most enjoyable part of the job is to make something what I always liked
Great job to learn skills
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Newport News, VAApril 27, 2015
I really loved my job at Northrop Grumman. I learned a great skill while employed there. I worked in the Pipe fitter department which required the installation of Nuclear pipe on Nuclear Submarines and Air craft carriers. The job required us to work closely with the US Navy and offered the opportunity to learn a lot of new techniques to apply to the job
Fun Workplace
Fingerprint Technician (Former Employee), Newark, NJApril 26, 2015
Fun Workplace! Love working there...Management was good ! It was Advance ...co-workers were good to me! I just love working There
See previous summary
Lead Procurement Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 24, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: opportunities for advancement
I was able to get involved with supplier surveillance and was able to lead a team of younger engineers and share knowledge gained from my extensive work experience.
Great Company
Test Director (Current Employee), Wallops Island, VAApril 24, 2015
Getting to work with cutting edge technology. Good people to work with. It gave me the opportunity to learn a lot of various systems.
Norhttop Grumman the aerospace shuffle
Chief Engineer (Former Employee), Beale AFBApril 22, 2015
Pros: Interesting work
Cons: Programs come and go
NG is your typical large aerospace contractor. Programs come and go every few years so you always have to be looking for your next job inside the company. If you can break through to the senior manager level then you have it made. Otherwise you are doing what I call the aerospace shuffle.

It is not a bad place to work as long as you are aware of how the game is played.
The first few years were awesome. then a new breed of bosses came in and quality of life at the company went down hill fast
Maintenance Janitor (Former Employee), Bethpage, NYApril 21, 2015
There were no typical days at Grumman. Every day was different, in a sense of what had to be done on that day. The main thing I learned was how to get along with people better. Management was OK but not great. I got along great with my co-workers some of whom were outstanding at there craft. The hardest part I would say was when a co-worker doesn't carry there weight in a assignment. The most enjoyable part was the relax atmosphere at the job.
NGC
Material Coordinator Planner 2 (Former Employee), Carson, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Job stability
Cons: Govenment budgets affect employment stabilty
1. Typical day would be full of different task and it was a great multitasking job.
2. I learned many things from the business aspect of the Sub Contractors of (DOD) perspective. I acquired many skills and abilities to self development, processes and procedures. Many software practices such as; matrices, spreadsheets and tack timing products.
3. Management was ok.
4. Co-workers were great, it was a melting pot from all walks of life, I learned many things from my surroundings and the many departments and teams. Patience, understanding and seeing life from all angles.
5. There was no real hard part to this job, since there was always constant training and skill development opportunities.
6. The best part of the job was, the interactions with multiple departments, such as; planners, schedulers, software engineers, testing teams, assemblers, project managers and procurement teams. The challenging programs and time tables.
Great work environment
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 21, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: short breaks
Great benefits and flexibility. Great management team that cares about the employees they hire. They are willing to help you succeed and manage your goals with in the company. I don't want to leave the our contact is leaving.
Great place to work.
Electro Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLApril 19, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: none so far
Just started ...so far great job and location. Love the 9/80 work schedule. Always busy and learning new things. Would recommend for long term employment.
productive and fun workplace
Aircraft Electrician (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 18, 2015
Pros: knowledgeable personnel
Cons: company to big
Good Company to work for. Worked in team of people to accomplish goals. Management was good. Hardest part was being lay'ed off. Enjoyed working with many knowledgeable coworkers.
Great way to make money
Inside Machinist (Former Employee), Newport News, VAApril 18, 2015
Pros: Learning the trade
Cons: Management
The hours were great and the pay was amazing! However, the work is tedious and consuming. I loved the people I had to work with but the management was cocky, rude and disrespectful. I worked as a inside machinist apprentice and I loved it. Each day I would work on a project, read blue prints, layout work pieces and inspect my parts. There are so many moving parts when doing this type of work but it was fun.
Good company with great benefits
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 17, 2015
NG is an ethical company with strict standards. They provide a lot of opportunities for growth, and they treat their employees well.

1 2 3 4 5

About Northrop Grumman

Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics, – Read more

Northrop Grumman Salaries