Northrop Grumman
1,486 reviews

Northrop Grumman Employer Reviews

NG_Review
UNIX System Administrator (Former Employee), Boulder, COJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: week off for christmas
Cons: 24/7/365
NG is an exceptional employer to work for and at. The employees are very professional right down to the hired help.
The management is like almost any employer, they are very well versed and at times surprise you with their knowledge.
If they weren't working then they were working OR traveling.

Working kept you on your toes because you never knew what was going to be asked of you. That made it exciting and rewarding. That is if you knew the answers or knew where to find it.

All in all you could not find a better place to work.
Excellent place to work.
IT Auditor Specialist Senior (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAJanuary 23, 2015
A very culturally diversified company. Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Corp.
System Analyest 3 (Former Employee), ColoradoJanuary 22, 2015
I worked as a System Analyst on servers across the states. I learned different OS's on the servers. My co-workers I just talked to them on the phone if I had a problem or they did, not much time to shoot the breeze.
A good Company. The pay and benefits are excellent
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great benefits and pay
Cons: lower than average engineers
I think, generally the company is over managed (top Heavy), and, since most products are provided by Vendors, the Engineering technical Knowledge is below average. A lot of Technical Documentation contains too much boiler plate data and not enough technical substance. I received many bonuses and great pay raises for rescuing programs that were failing because of waste, incompetence, and uninformed management.
The current practice of increasing profit magins by hiring cheap inexperience Engineers, and relying on "magic" Software Tools to replace knowledge led to many potential program disasters
Business Manager / Program Financial Analyst Lead (Former Employee), Lakewood, COJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great people work there.
Cons: a lot of changes taking place.
Great company and great place to work. Good corporate culture.
Badge Rep
Receptionist/Security Guard (Former Employee), Century City, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: love the customers i would work with
Cons: the people that i had to work around made it uncomrtable at times
Greet clients and visitors upon arrival; Print temporary and permanent badges for clients and contractors; Perform security patrols and monitor secure areas; Conduct background checks for new and existing clients and contractors; Process security badge requests for new and existing clients and contractors; Answer a multi- line telephone system and direct calls to the appropriate personal; other related duties as assigned.
Relaxed family oriented workplace.
Configuration Management Analyst III (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaJanuary 19, 2015
Northrop Grumman is a wonderful place to work, it is family oriented, employee focused and fun. It is a relaxed atmosphere, that believes in training and educating its associates...and yes, they have a piing pong table.
Good Company to work for
CATIA V5 NC Part Programmer (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJanuary 19, 2015
Very flexible with personal needs
Was allowed to do my job without a great deal of oversight
A great place to work.
Senior Program Engineer (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAJanuary 18, 2015
A typical work day included performing searches and queries of the database, to determine the state of change requests in the system and to identify trends and/or calculate metrics based on query results and findings. Also perform engineering analyses and configuration management (CM) support for the client.

A very enjoyable work environment and atmosphere. All the co-workers and staff performed all functions as a team and the camaraderie was above reproach.
Good for the reume but don't stay there too long
PC Analyst (Former Employee), TexasJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: interesting work (depending on your particular job)
Cons: nearly constant threat of layoffs
I gained a lot of great experience there. I also worked with some wonderful people. But there was a constant threat of a reduction in work force (RIF) that did a lot to destroy employee morale. The 9/80 work schedule was nice for the most part. Some of the management was decent while others were not necessarily qualified to manage other people. This can be a nice place to work if you choose the right job for your skill set. It looks good on a resume but don’t stay there too long. Other similar companies such as Boeing can be a substantially better place to work. Northrop has a reputation for not compensating fairly. The benefits are were decent but don’t let that fool you. I would tentatively recommend them as an employer but keep your resume updated they are losing major contracts by the day and outsourcing is big issue with this company.
Excellent job culture. Fun environment.
Site Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 16, 2015
Great opportunities to help others, and train others. Long hours, but personally rewarding.
great place and people to work with family feel
Transportation Operations Manager (Former Employee), Hawthorne CAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great benefits, great work enviorment
Cons: meeting jit goals if other depts and vendors did not complete their job
Managed Transportation Fleet made sure drivers and equipment were DOT compliant made sure Dispatch had routes covered managed the fleet to reduce cost to the company, reported to upper managemnt about P&L tracking utlization to optimize fleet operations.
Making sure JIT goals were met
Working with people from drivers to support staff to other depts
Great stability but limited advancement and growth oportunities
Manufacturing Engineer IV (Current Employee), El Segundo, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: good values, flexible work week, training opportunities
Cons: newer employees are greatly effected by legacy to new company benefit transitions, limited growth opportunities
Great career start opportunities and training but trending down.

Old Northrop Grumman company values and moral are slowly eroding as company aggressively restructures benefits to stay competitive.

Senior employees are locked in with pensions and minimal motivation. Younger/mid level employees bear majority of the work burden with minimal upside and salary structures tailored to legacy employees. Difference between high and low performance is in the 1-3% year.

Current department has lost over 14 employees in 3 years due to early retirement initiatives with little to no transfer of skills/experience. This adds up to over 130 years of experience lost. Newer employees have difficulties performing and have high turnover rates.
Busy Days
Project planner/event scheduler (Current Employee), schriever AFBJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: nice work enviroment
Cons: management doesn't help progress career.
General work day includes reviewing around 50 project schedules for complete and accurate timelines and milestones. Building project schedules with project managers. Facilitating weekly project status meetings, producing minutes afterwards. Complet weekly project schedule updates to ensure budget is correct and following timeline. Co-workers are great to work with and helpful if needed. The harderst part of the job comes at accounting month end getting all needed information to finance and accounting folks. enjoyable part of my job successfully closing out projects on time or ahead of schedule/
Good
Sr. Industrial Engineer (Lead) (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: innovative products
Cons: moves at glacial speed
Good place to work. Getting worse as the years go by. Reducing benefits yearly.
CNC Programmer, Machinist, Mechanical design (Former Employee), Redondo Beach, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Northrop Grumman (satellite division) specializes in producing satellites. I am given a blue print and I program, set-up and operate a CNC to manufacture parts.
Great learning experience
Designer 1 (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: large company with many opportunities to advance
Cons: it was tough getting ahold of the right people down at the shipyard to complete tasks
Northrup Grumman was the first design position i recieved after graduating from Triangle Tech in Erie, PA. I had never worked for such a large company and at times it was hard to get used to. My team in the engineering dept E24 helped me gain the necessary knowlege to be efficient and organized. During my time there i helped design the stowage elevator systems for the aircraft carrier CVN78. Getting to walk down to the shipyard and see my work first hand was astounding. It really made me take pride in all the work i accomplished there. We used programs such as inventor, AutoCAD and Catia. Iventor is the program i used the most and became the most proficient in. I created 3D models and 2D drawings of hatches, doors, elevator platforms and guarding. I was responsible for EIR's (electronic inspection reports) and also other database software in which we would vault our drawings once completed. I learned many aspects of ship building that i never thought possible.
ghdhd
Senior Coordinating Administration Analyst (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 12, 2015
Great people and very fine technical management
Senior Software Engineer - Software development (Former Employee), Boulder, COJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: very interesting and challenging projects
Cons: development environment is not the best
Really enjoy working at NG. They have good people and the work is way interesting.
No longer in the area
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Frostburg, MDJanuary 9, 2015
Working with the armed forces members, families and retirees made my day.

1 2 3 4 5

About Northrop Grumman

Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics, – Read more

Northrop Grumman Photos