Northrop Grumman
1,616 reviews

Northrop Grumman United States Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Electro Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLApril 19, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: none so far
Just started ...so far great job and location. Love the 9/80 work schedule. Always busy and learning new things. Would recommend for long term employment.
productive and fun workplace
Aircraft Electrician (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 18, 2015
Pros: knowledgeable personnel
Cons: company to big
Good Company to work for. Worked in team of people to accomplish goals. Management was good. Hardest part was being lay'ed off. Enjoyed working with many knowledgeable coworkers.
Great way to make money
Inside Machinist (Former Employee), Newport News, VAApril 18, 2015
Pros: Learning the trade
Cons: Management
The hours were great and the pay was amazing! However, the work is tedious and consuming. I loved the people I had to work with but the management was cocky, rude and disrespectful. I worked as a inside machinist apprentice and I loved it. Each day I would work on a project, read blue prints, layout work pieces and inspect my parts. There are so many moving parts when doing this type of work but it was fun.
Good company with great benefits
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 17, 2015
NG is an ethical company with strict standards. They provide a lot of opportunities for growth, and they treat their employees well.
Quite good!!
Multi-Discipline Simulation Integrator (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZApril 17, 2015
Such a good company for the pure size of the employer. Multiple divisions and exponential positions and locations if you wish to stay and grow with the company.
Very solid place to work, with few downsides
Senior Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Annapolis Junction, MDApril 17, 2015
Very solid place to work, with few downsides. My focus was on a particular customer, so I did not have perspective across the entire corporation, but I always enjoyed my work here.
HP Expert Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Stable Company
Cons: Relocation Requirements
Participate in foundation (inventory planning, order processing, purchasing, and finance) workshops to outline key components of the SAP organization structure and map US Army Logistics and business structure to a new model. Work with project teams to analyze and document current state business processes and procedures for Windows Mobile on NetWeaver 7 and SAP ECC 6.0
Productive and cutting edge technology company.
RF COMM ENGINEER III (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Extremely exciting work.
Cons: California prices were a killer.
This company was a dream job in every way besides being in California. I couldn't afford to live there on the salary. If it was not for that fact I would still be working there today.
Good job
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Newport News, VAApril 13, 2015
Make sure all VTC/AV equipment is used in proper manor. Schedule VTC's for VIP's . Perform maintenance on VTC's and AV equipment.
Great learning environment
Senior Security Analyst Department (Current Employee), Washington D.CApril 10, 2015
Able to express ideas and develop skills. The company allows growth through the many opportunities within the company.
Business Process Requirements Analyst (Current Employee), Woodlawn, MDApril 8, 2015
With the right management, growth is possible. Customers are good. Work has its ups and downs with some contracts being more active than others.
Great Company
Logistical Analyst/Technical Trainer (Current Employee), Richmond VaApril 7, 2015
Great Company.. Friendly company. Great healthcare and 401k. You are treated like a person. They respect your opinion
Great experience, but could be better
Intern (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAApril 6, 2015
I enjoyed the time there as a high school student, but the work that needed to be done with my skill level was not too exciting nor challenging. Other schools participated, but students in the morning session had the most opportunities to do projects and had mentors who weren't exhausted from the day's work. However, at the end of the day, it was a good opportunity to be exposed to the engineering world.
Stressful, but exciting
Network Engineer 3 (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Always pushing the envelope, growing, learning
Cons: Short on mentoring, bonus/annual review system recently became more challenging
This has been a unique experience, as I have worked at the USMC and Aerospace divisions - with and without direct supervision. I have been pushed to my limits - and maybe beyond on occasion. This company is definitely for someone who does not want to "rest on their laurels". There will be new challenges every day - and new expectations to fill (sometimes with no one having gone before you to show the way). It is exciting and challenging, stressful and frightening - but ultimately, I believe, worth it. The pay and benefits are competitive, but the review/bonus system needs some help - I understand that is a work in progress. There are some of the greatest scientific/mathematical/engineering geniuses at work here at Northrop. It is sometimes difficult to get out of meetings, and get to work, which can be frustrating.
a wonderful company to work for
Information Systems (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 4, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job were all the fabulous people I got to interact with daily. Everyone was so eager to fulfill their mission to support our nation's heroes.
Best job ever outside of the military
Logistics Program Manager (Former Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILApril 3, 2015
Pros: Supporting the warfighter
Cons: Senior leadership
Immediate management was great but senior management in the organization need to wake up and realize that the people are the ones making the money.
Professional work environment with great opportunities for students
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great Experience for Students
Working at Northrop Grumman was draining, but rewarding. I learned a lot, and connected with full-time employees who were willing to help me learn and succeed.
Highly visable environment
Corporation Logistics Management Analyst (Former Employee), St. Inigoes, MDMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours
Cons: No sick leave
Direct government support. Everyday is a learning experience. Management care about their personnel. My co-workers were professional. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customer. The hardest part of the job is facing difficulties receiving aircraft from the ship & log books are missing history.
It's work
Software Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Free water and coffee
Cons: Everything else
I worked for a division that was bought out by Northrop Grumman. After a few years, NG began pushing their management style down to these new acquisitions. The culture in the IS department is all about managers promising more than what can be delivered and punishing you when you inevitably fail. The culture is such that people being promoted to the highest level of incompetence is the norm. Compensation it about $10-15,000 less than other departments like AS. Promotions are nowhere. Sad, sorry place.
Exceptionally innovative and diverse
SEMS Software Lead (Current Employee), Bellevue, NEMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Extensive knowledge base, which enables associates to access information and expertise quickly, to deliver value to our customers.
Cons: Onsite programs create challenges for associates feeling "connected" to Northrop Grumman
Truly cares about their employees, which is a unique quality among the top defense contractors. Strong global expansion policy and exceptional benefits in a competitive marketplace.

1 2 3 4 5

About Northrop Grumman

Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics, – Read more

Northrop Grumman Salaries