Northrop Grumman Employee Review

View all Northrop Grumman reviews

Very bright co-workers, job security, variety and interesting projects.
Mfg Estimating Engineer/Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 14, 2014
Typical Day at Work: Data mining, analysis, fact gathering, research, heavy advanced MS Excel, technical writing, presentations to upper management/customers.

What I Learned: Procurement, manufacturing processes for marine components. Advanced proposal preparation for billion dollar plus projects. Advanced MS Excel, SAP and countless other things. Learning on an exponential curve.

Management: Like all corporations a bit lacking in leadership and focus.

My Co-Workers: Very bright, educated, overall really nice.

The Hardest Part of the Job: Manufacturing vs. IT (information technology)

The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: Learning, variety, complex problem solving and the impressive products produced at my location.
Pros
Very bright co-workers, interesting projects and variety of work.
Cons
Compensation and entrenched ideas

Other Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CANovember 16, 2017
I've been with TRW/Northrop Grumman Corporation for 20 years, and just love the whole culture of the company and the things they are doing overall. Unfortunately there was a change with our Corporate VP and President of our Sector and he's made changes to our organization throughout. The VP of Program Management which I support was brought down to a Director level and the VP of our sector group took an immediate retirement. So now I'm in the market for a new position and ready to share my experience and talent with other employers in our south bay area.
Pros
Very engaging with their employees
Cons
Cutbacks
Poor management
Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 16, 2017
Management was non-existent. Emails went unanswered and management was rarely on site. Issues were never resolved and passed on. The job I interviewed for was NOT the job I received. 9 out of 10 days I was lucky to have 2 hours of work. They only care about billing for your butt in the seat
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northrop Grumman. Our community is ready to answer.