Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews

Found 2,065 reviews matching the search
Great Company - Professional Environment
Accountant II/Trainer/Conversion Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 28, 2016
Worked for this company for over 10 years and although there were layoffs due to the job market, this company has lots of positive benefits. I was recognized and awarded for professional experience, allowed to grow and rewarded for educational background and pursuits and compensated adequately. The company paid rewards for any projects worked on outside of the scope of job description. All companies should follow the overall work environment of this company.
Pros
Professional respect; adequate compensation; hired based on education and professional background
Cons
Towards the end of service, newly hired inexperienced manager caused disruption to established team; caused issues
Good Community
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 27, 2016
People are nice, community is a bit old though. They're hiring a lot because they expect half of the workforce to retire in the next couple years.
Challenging is Rewarding
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 27, 2016
Really enjoyed my career at NG. NG gave me a lot of opportunities to travel as well as growth opportunities. Mentorships are available and highly advised. The work is challenging but most rewarding when you successfully complete a specific job. Management recognizes hard workers and rewards employees who go the extra mile.
Pros
Education Assist
Cons
Long Hours
Satisfactory work environment
Manager, General Manufacturing, KC-10A MRO (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 25, 2016
Overall, Northrop Grumman is a wonderful place to work. Site specific issues, but they do have excellent areas of personal growth and assistance programs
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
unstable work environment
good
Production Controller (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 19, 2016
It was and educational experience and its time to move on. I would like to expand my knowledge in an new environment I enjoy learning new processes and would like to explore new opportunity's to help progress the welfare of each company's future as well as myself.
Difficult place to work
Project Management Consultant / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Schriever AFBSeptember 19, 2016
Micromanagement at it's finest.
Management does not stay within the requirements of task reporting with in scope of base contract. Always changing reporting requirements.
Pros
People - Co Workers are Great
Watch your back
Senior Production (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSSeptember 19, 2016
I had a good crew. But no matter how good I thought they were I found out later "SOME" will turn on you if you hurt their feelings.,,,, No matter what you do to help them.
Pros
Good yard, clean, safety conscience all the time, fair pay
Cons
Just watch your back
Great place to start your aviation career
Avionics Tech. Sr (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 17, 2016
Great place to work. Outstanding company support. Company strive for improvements in it's procedures and workforce.Loyalty to it's employees which is not a common value among large companies.
Pros
Willing to change
It was a satisfactory 30 years of employement with NG.
Senior Accountant II - General Accounting (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 16, 2016
Overall I enjoyed working for Northrop Grumman for 30 years. Their salary and benefits were reasonable. I retired in May 2016 because I wanted to do some traveling and get my pension from NG. I also wanted to work for a different industry.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No annual performance bonus and cut back on benefits
Great company
Proposal Analyst (Current Employee) –  Linthicum, MDSeptember 15, 2016
Many options for lateral career moves and learning across multiple job functions, but variable upward mobility and support. Coworkers, work environment, and job functions are excellent.

Want to know more about Northrop Grumman?

Ask a question
Excellent Management
Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kearneysville, WVSeptember 14, 2016
My time was short there but I felt a wonderful feeling of warmth from all management and ability to grow in my position. I was given training in all areas I need and more.
Pros
Excellent Company to work for
Cons
No cons
Job stability and professional growth
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 14, 2016
This job offers one of the highest and strongest opportunities to develop in knowledge and professional growth.

The up to date pace of keeping up with Logistics and technological change is the standard of this company. In turn, empowering me to be in the most current changes, as it relates to STAMIS readiness within the Army community.
Safety First
Reactor Plant Worker (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 14, 2016
Review Work package for job assignment, speak to management for the ok, partner up, go to work. learn a lot from the older experienced workers. The heat, tight working area, climbing, has to be the hardest part off the job. Finishing the job, passing inspections is the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Free lunch, five year reward
Cons
yes. short breaks, but ok.
Loved working for this Government contracted agency
Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2016
At Immigration I loved all of my co-workers and management team. We all worked together as a team, as well as independently on a daily basis. I learned how to set up travel arrangements and deportation.

At the post office I loved all of my co-workers and management team. We all worked together as a team, as well as independently on a daily basis. I learned a lot about IRS, and secretary of state internet research. I learned about the different types of organizations that would apply for non profit and who could qualify as well as who could not.
Pros
Learned a lot in both positions held.
Cons
Being a contracted position
Northrop Grumman Review
Omaha Engineering & Operations Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, NESeptember 11, 2016
Northrop Grumman is an excellent company to work for. They provide challenging opportunities to professional growth and development. The management team is aware of their employees and strive to keep them engaged.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Government contracts limit overhead funding availability
Good environment with exceptional benefits and a very well thought out management process.
Information Technology Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, VASeptember 11, 2016
The working environment at Northrop Grumman was exceptional and the co-workers were very easy to get along with. Time management was of paramount importance and there was a great time keeping system to keep you on track throughout your work day.
Pros
Acceptable break times, good leadership, and great job security awareness.
Cons
Outdated technologies and slow software approval processes.
Treat employees very well
Lead Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VASeptember 11, 2016
Worked four days a week.
Learned to work within a team as well as independently.
Management treated employees with respect and fairly.
Co-workers were professional and fun to be around.
Ensuring all deadlines and milestones were met.
Completing a task on accurately and on time.
Pros
Flexable work environment, important work
great place to work
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CASeptember 8, 2016
once you get your work assignment you are allowed to do your work with minimal interuptions. the environment was designed for success of all employees
Productive workplace
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSSeptember 8, 2016
I enjoyed this job because its a work at your own pace job and no one stands over you so u can work easily and get the job done in a fashionable order. Safety is a big thing when working in ship building and this company is king on safety and so am I.
Fast paced and dynamic place to work in.
Facilities Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 7, 2016
Working at Northrup Grumman means that you have to hit the ground running. Faced paced environment with hardworking employees. Co-workers are dedicated, fun to be around and committed to the company. Hardest part is having to change gears at a moments notice. Management is understanding and fair when it comes to family issues..
Pros
Benefits; family friendly
Cons
Work atmosphere can be stressful at times