Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,000 reviews matching the search
Management needs more coporate training
FIELD ENGINEER 2 (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCJune 12, 2016
Not much to say about them.

Management needed to be more involved.

Worked in the UK but was taking direction from a US company. This caused issues due to time difference. Especially with critical projects.

Most enjoyable was working in the UK.

Least enjoyable was the amount of work. Understaffed so working 80+ hours happens.
Responsible for all program management and business pursuits
Deputy Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSApril 12, 2016
As the deputy site manager I was responsible for the business pursuits, teaming, logistics and business development requirements of a $150M organization In this position I also was the Northrup Grumman lead for pursuits with the US Army Fires Center of Excellence
Pros
Highly dynamic and important business development organization for Northrup Grumman
Great Work, Slow Advancement, Not Willing to Pay for High Performers
Special Projects Tooling Lead (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAApril 6, 2016
Really enjoy it here, unfortunately the only way to advance is to "cool your jets" and wait for time to pass. As a high performer, your efforts are acknowledged, but not in the way that matters (promotions, compensation). Fun work, great environment. The only piece of the puzzle that is missing is the recognizing performers.
Pros
Fun work, lots of different options
Cons
slow advancement, low salary
Great Employees
ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZMay 5, 2016
Our Team of experienced Professionals is what makes for a Great working environment. We are responsible for ensuring that the War Fighter is safe on the Battle Field. When we add New capabilities to our system it gives us and myself Great pleasure that what we do saves lives.
Being involved with All new Projects and Capabilities allows me to see the fruits of our labor. We are able to add new items to our system fast and under budget than our competitors. With our team we work at a fast pace and try to exceed our customers expectations.
I look forward to finding a company where I can bring the positive work ideals that I have used to a New opportunity. I have much to offer and am ready to take on any New challenges.
Pros
Great Team Atmosphere
Cons
Ability to get ideas past upper managment. i.e. Its Not that same way we've always done it.
A company with strong ethics and diversity
Technical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDApril 21, 2016
Standard day when not in training mode is to check email, prioritize responses and check what tasks are required. Learning opportunities are available in house to expand knowledge.
Management are occasionally slow to respond to problems but can be addressed without fear of any reprisals. Co-workers are with rare exception, competent and confident willing to assist resolve problems.
Hardest part is trying to obtain information from external sources as security concerns limit access to some websites.
Most enjoyable is the camaraderie that exists within the field engineering group
Pros
easy access to management and in house healthcare facility, ability ot take vacation time for emergencies.
Cons
commute time to present location, intermittent network / software problems
No job security; constantly changing the org & letting people go
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Linthicum, MDMarch 18, 2016
Seems to change the structure of the organization every 12-18 months and then you have to interview for your own job or a new job. Health benefits don't pay for anything since the Affordable Care Act (aka ObamaCare) went into effect. Just merged two huge sectors NGIS and NGES into NGMS but did not merge the budgets, health benefits, vacation schedules, software or access to sites. So we tell the world we are one company but in fact we are two companies squeezed together trying to figure out how to create reports on two totally different systems. By the time we get them merged I'm sure we will go through yet another org change. Very frustrating!
Pros
9/80 Friday
Cons
re-orgs & layoffs, benefits
extreme work conditions but well paid and benefited
EQUIPMENT TRADES HELPER (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAMarch 18, 2016
I learned many new skills and trades in the mechanical field. I worked In harsh work environments and maintained focus and was able to complete all tasks. I worked with a diverse group and built strong relationships. I moved up from a laborer all the way to tactical vehicle trades helper in my 5 years there. I am very grateful for the experience I was able to obtain while working there.
Dynamic Team and Quality Oriented
User Analyst Level 5 (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 16, 2016
Facilitated Requirements sessions and developed a design of security to enforce Air Force Human Resource rules while not adverse impacting the Army rules for Data Access in a Joint Peoplesoft Payroll system.

Created Process Documentation to represent the design and saw the design approved by the Steering Committee before unforeseen personal family issues caused me to cut short my employment.

The Company is very team and quality oriented and they have a well documented and proven approach to bring in successful projects.

I
Pros
Exciting and Dynamic well run project
Cons
My tenure was too short
The work environment was outstanding
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAMay 16, 2016
I would recommend that anyone in this career field work for Northrop Grumman. I enjoyed working for this company and learning all of my skills they taught me...the management and employees are easy to get along with and the work environment always seemed friendly and easy to accomplish all tasks assigned to me..
I was brought on as a contractor and remained a contractor after 2 years.
Jr. Game Developer (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAMay 4, 2016
I know this is a great company to work for but I was brought in as a contract employee. After working there for over 2 years, I was still a contract employee, never received a raise in pay or benefits. That aside, I did enjoy working there. I was a part of a great team that did great things.
GREAT company. Really cares about their employees.
Systems Administrator/Team Lead, EDGAR Project (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 19, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. Worked there for 25 years. Really loved the way they compensate their employees and show their appreciation for the work they perform. Northrop Grumman understands the true meaning of "Teamwork".
Cons
Had layoff in 2010.
A day in the life at NG
Cyber Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJuly 12, 2016
I learned that team work is very important there. I also learned how enjoy what i was doing there, Learning new technologies and interacting with different systems and programs. Creating record breaking technology
Pros
Great atmosphere and people and great healthcare
Cons
Long hours on end
LongBow Project
Designer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 6, 2016
Company as a whole is great to work for just not the one in Huntsville, AL. The computer software used to conduct the test on the Missile Systems and its components was very antiquated, still using older version of windows 98. Firm ware and hard ware have advanced beyond the version being used and made it quite difficult to repair faults encountered, due to the lack of hardware resources.
Pros
Work schedule every other week Friday Off
Cons
Antiquated test platforms making it difficult to perform proper testing
Job Satisfaction
Adminstrative Support (Current Employee) –  Schriever AFB, COFebruary 26, 2016
This is a very fast-hectic job. Sometimes lunch have to wait until the time is right. I learned to troubleshoot printers, systems, plotters, and other office equipment. Management is great and my coworkers are awesome. The hardest part of the job is that because the location is away from everything, it takes a while to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of accomplishment and satisfaction by customers.
Pros
Company benefits are the best
Cons
far away from civilization
Exciting Work / Projects
Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 3, 2016
Northrop Grumman is (in my opinion) the best aerospace company in the world. The systems are incredible.

The downfall is Vice Presidents and Directors don't really understand how much is required to "make things happen."

The work life balance is hard.

The pay is decent and there are some amazing people to work with in the company.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Low work/life balance
Horrible Management and Compensation
Supply Chain & Manufacturing Management (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILMay 15, 2016
Complete and total lack of integrity and accountability at all levels of management. Annual employee surveys continue to point to overall discontent and dissatisfaction with the organization. Management's reaction is to form teams to address these issue which result in nothing being done as the issues are greater than what employees can directly fix. Compensation and benefits are a joke. Annual increases have averaged about 0 - 1.5% for the past 4 years with benefits following closely behind. Program Managers run and direct their teams in a very unprofessional and highly disrespectful manner. If they can make you look bad they will. They're only out for themselves and no one else. Good luck getting an "atta boy"....ever. I could go on but I think you get the picture.
Pros
Helping Our Men and Women to Keep us Safe
Cons
Leadership, Compensation, Benefits, Reward & Recognition etc.
Life at Northrop
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAFebruary 20, 2016
Started in 1985 for Northrop. Fine small company that ran efficiently and good work environment. Rated #4 in good places to work. Brought in mass amounts of personnel from companies that weren't good places to work for the B-2 program. Work environment was never the same. Left in 1999 but returned in 2007 to maximize my retirement benefits. Retired after 20 years with the company.
Pros
Good benfits and pension
Cons
Not the best management
great place to learn
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 22, 2016
Great Place to learn, awesome hours, working remotely is a plus, Hardest part of job not enough mentors to help you through when help is needed, Salary not up to par with other companies, Great management,
Pros
staff are kind, awesome boss, great hours
Cons
not very diverse, not accepting of current technologies
Excellent Employer
Sr. Configuration Management Analyst, Level 5 (Current Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLFebruary 17, 2016
Northrop Grumman (NG) is an excellent employer whom I have enjoyed working for the last 8yrs. They provide excellent benefits, flexibility, and numerous online training opportunities. NG Managers work collaboratively with their teams to assure mission success. Individuals employees within the company are encouraged to bring forth new process improvement ideas to enhance the business. Each month the company recognizes those employees that have performed above their job description. This is announced during an all-hands meeting and employee receives a certificate.
Pros
cares about their employees
Cons
specialty positions are contingent on contract award
A great place to work
Senior Intelligence Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKMarch 7, 2016
Fully enjoyed working for Northrop Grumman as they took great care of their employees. My only criticism would be the fact that they did not try and relocate me when the contract was not renewed although they thought I was a great asset to the team.
Pros
Employment package/environment
Cons
I felt like a number when the contract finished.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northrop Grumman. Our community is ready to answer.