Northrop Grumman
1,249 reviews

Northrop Grumman Employer Reviews

One of the Best
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Scott AFB, ILJune 26, 2014
Pros: brilliant people
Cons: could have learned more
Experienced the best led project and program management team in the business. Trusted member of the R&D team with an open door to anyone else that would help progress toward a successful solution. Always treated team members with respect and second to none in providing social functions that would mold the diverse team into a very effective technical – more... group pointed in the right direction. Dare I say it was a very positive experience and I wish I could have
added more to their success. – less
Good for a starting position
Information Systems Technologist (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 25, 2014
• Facilitated the use of various NAVY financial database systems as well as other systems/ programs to enter and extract data, as well as to prepare the reconciliation of various NAVY contracts.
• In charge of weekly and monthly reports, where I analyzed and identified trends and updated management on year-end value changes.
• Developed points of contact – more... and rapport with personnel at various NAVY agencies and contractor locations.
• Created interactive database using Microsoft Access and Oracle, that enabled fellow task members to query, filter and organize the Contract listings and points of contact – less
A lot of opportunities to gain valuable experience
Health & Safety (EHS) Analyst (Former Employee), Reston, VAJune 24, 2014
Pros: a lot of opportunities to gain valuable experience
Cons: a lot of opportunities to gain valuable experience
A typical day could include responding to indoor air quality or ergonomic concerns of an employee.
Best place to work
Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Redondo Beach, CAJune 23, 2014
Pros: many
Start an early morning by revieweing incoming requests and process them one by one. Working with a wide range of people to resolve technical issues and put corrective/preventive action in place. Conduct MRB based on the daily status report. Participate in Qualification Review Board for new products, support hardware activities for the mechanical structure – more... build. Create metrics for program management review. Trouble shoot and brainstrom all quality related issues with the team of engineers, mfg, and inspection.
The most enjoyable part of the part is the passion for this field and great people to work with. The hardest part is when things don't go smoothly systematically. – less
NGC Sperry Experience
Senior Instructional Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJune 19, 2014
Pros: excellent leadership and work environment
Cons: this business area phased away due to the change in technology
Excellent company with great leadership, I enjoyed this job, the crew I worked with and the customer experiences I had.
Good company to work for.
Prototype Technician (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTJune 19, 2014
Pros: flex time and vacation.
Cons: too much time using computers!
Good co-workers and good work environment. I enjoyed coming to work and working on new programs.
Great company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Stafford, VAJune 19, 2014
I really liked working for this company. The benefits were great, the employees have become friends.
Loved, loved, loved working here.
Accountant 1 (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 19, 2014
I looked forward to going in to work every day at NG. I hated to leave this job and sometimes wish I never had left. I hope to find another position soon that is half as good as this one.
Help Desk Technician
JAAC Technician/Tier1 (Current Employee), Herndon, VAJune 18, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities
• Responsible for Master Tickets and escalation to management.
• Update, escalate, and document any issues that impact multiple users.
• Work hand-in-hand with OIT Duty Officers, Government Watch Officers, TASPO Watch Commanders, Networks Operations Technicians, and level 2 and higher support technicians.
• Maintain JAAC calendar for any schedule maintenance – more... which may cause service disruptions such as site power outages or application maintenance.
• Maintain Technology Service Desk Remedy queue.
• Work on tickets sent back to Tier 1 for any reason as well as self-help tickets.
• Maintain TSD fax queue through Avaya website on an hourly basis.
• Main responsibility reserved to be available to handle VIP calls as well as critical outages calls. – less
Productive and very nice environment to work in.
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Redstone Arsenal, ALJune 18, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: n/a
Answering phones, timecard duties, data entry, setting up times for appointments for manager and for co-workers to do office moves. I really didn't have a hard part, I enjoyed all of it. Most enjoyable was interaction with co-workers and customers.
Great workplace
Nondestructive Technician Level II (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJune 17, 2014
Pros: overtime
great place to work, great people and great management. I appreciate the fairness in which all employees are treated and I like that overtime was available for you if you wanted to work.
Secretary (Former Employee), Gardena, CAJune 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: layoffs prior to pension eligibity.
This is truly one of the great places to work in the U.S.; if you are able to last to the tenth year without being laid off. They offer great pay, benefits, and work conditions. The downside is their lay-offs. I don't know if their lay-offs are due to cutting cost, or to cut those who are close to retirement and would have received benefits, because – more... many people have been laid off just prior to their 10th year anniversary which would have entitled them to pensions and other benefits. – less
This company has great benefits
Incident Handler/IA Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Belvoir, VAJune 16, 2014
Good company to work for overall. I like the work/life balance with this company.
tranined in life long skilles that I utilized to gain various jobs.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), 3520 E ave M lancaster Ca. 93535June 16, 2014
Pros: on the job training and free coffe
Cons: no compensation for the tasks that were completed
I gained on the job training without compensation while still attending high school, thru Regional occupation program otherwise know as "ROP". This was my first introduction into the administrative assisting filed. The skills I learned during this internship have been the key to my success.
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR
Plans & Programs (Former Employee), KUWAIT, KUWAITJune 16, 2014
AFFORDS YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO TRAVEL. GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE. GOOD PAY
14 years with Northrop Grumman 1997-2011
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), CONUS, IRAQ, AFGHANISTANJune 16, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursement for college degrees
Cons: no career path within the company, must "re-interview" when laid-off
after layoffs in 2006 and 2011 due to Northrop Grumman loss of government contracts I learnt that I am a contractor for hire instead of a Systems Engineer; albeit, I learnt that all companies who contract with the government do the same thing, I know that loyalty to a company is a tradition of the past; as with Northrop Grumman.
good job
Portfolio Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 15, 2014

Good Hours and great crews
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee), Pascagoula, MSJune 14, 2014
Working at Northrop Grumman was a great experience. Our duties were well planned and explained. People were knowledgeable and knew how to break down the answers.
Work day
Mechanic (Current Employee), Barstow, CAJune 13, 2014
Would service military vehicles to combat ready. Learned how to rebuild combat vehicles, including transmission,engines,wiring etc.
Co-workers are easy to get along with. There nothing hard but the heat. Knowing the military is going overseas to fight and i had make sure they had a good running vehicle with no problems
productive, helful staff
Tamms Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAJune 13, 2014
There's a lot to learn in a big company like this ,most of which you can add to your life experience in becoming a mechanic or parts inventories.

About Northrop Grumman

Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics, – Read more

Northrop Grumman Photos