Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews

Found 2,367 reviews matching the search
Great working environment
Ground Maintenance Instructor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 25, 2017
The people there are very helpful. The management team is easy to talk to. It is a good place to learn and grow especially if you like working with the military.
Northrop Grumman
Business Support Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 25, 2017
Team effort to accomplish daily task as well as short and long term goals.

Interested in the professional development, health and growth of its employees.

The hardest yet most fulfilling and rewarding was the late night meetings and working long hours, but the see the fruit of ones efforts were rewarding.

The most enjoyable were working together as a team to accomplish a common goal and being able to have happy and satisfied clients and vendors.
Pros
Professional Development and growth
Cons
early mornings late hours
fair workplace that balances work and family
Computer System Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 24, 2017
work culture is fairly stress less at times and you are allowed to deal with personal and family problems despite whatever is going on in the office. THere's always someone to help when you are in a bind
Not what it could be
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Azusa, CAApril 22, 2017
After 30 years I would say the first 15 were great the next 10 were okay and the last 5 torture. I feel sympathy for my younger co-workers; there is little chance for advancement and the work can be mind numbing. The individual contributors are great but management is "old school". They are drowning in procedures that are poorly written, hard to understand and constantly changing. Every year the compensation package appears to shrink, and raises of 1-3% annually won't keep up with inflation. The 9/80 work week is great but flex time is at your managers discretion and is offered only to a favored few. The attrition rate at my division is high, and it takes months to hire anyone, IF they hire a replacement at all. Employee surveys are given "lip service" no meaningful changes have come out of them and the results haven't improved in 5 years. That speaks volumes.
Pros
9/80 week
Cons
Poor management
Northrop Grumman Intern
Software Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  Seaside, CAApril 21, 2017
Pros
- Relaxed Atmosphere
- Work Freedom
- People are friendly
- Sense of pride ad patriotism in developing stuff for the US military

Cons
- Defense is not a traditional sw engineering environment (This might be a pro for you!)
- Business casual attire.
- The products protect our nation but also kill people in war zones so you somewhat have blood on your hands depending on how you look at it.
Really enjoyed working there
Factory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAApril 21, 2017
I could have stayed forever, but married an executive and didn't need to work.. Husband wanted me to quit and stay home.
I love working with all the people building airplanes
Pros
great pay and benefits
Production
Intern (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLApril 21, 2017
Very good work environment with lots of people to help out. Not too much of a heavy workload but you are constantly learning new things and meeting new people.
Older lab.
Metrology Technician (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAApril 21, 2017
This lab was not cutting edge when it came to it's standards and upkeep on their procedures. The lab is quite old and run down, but the pay is good and the food at the food service is top rate with no need to go out for lunch if you were too busy to make a drive.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
horrible traffic around palnt
They were ok
Sr. Oracle DBA, Sr. Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 21, 2017
It was a good position but they didn't invest in theyir employees as much as you would like. There is really nothing more for me to add about this position.
Excellent place to work, provides training and mentoring
ME Planner responsible for developing installation (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAApril 20, 2017
Excellent place to work, provides training and mentoring to accomplish your career goals. Good benefits,
compensation, pension/401K plan, medical, dental.
Pros
Subsidized cafeteria
Cons
Traffic jams getting to work may be problematic
Good company
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21240April 20, 2017
Northrop Grumman provided me with a with an environment that allowed me to learn and grow, early in my career. I would recommend that anyone looking to get into the Aerospace industry give Northrop Grumman a look.
Production Control
CAD 2 Lead Layout Technician (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAApril 20, 2017
A typical day at work for me was to come into work with a positive attitude to get my job done.

I have learned working in the Aerospace industry - to get along with people, hardwork pays off, teamwork, never give up, o the extra mile to get a job done, practice make perfect.

As far as management it depends on what department you worked for. Some managers are for their employees and some are not.

Culture - Mixed

The hardest part the job was not getting trained properly so you accomplished your goals.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my accomplishments and being a part of a great team to get the program closed out from the beginning to the end and my dedication.
Pros
Employee Appreciation Day
Cons
Managers looking over your shoulders when taking a break
fun place to work at
WHEEL VEHICLE MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Fort IrwinApril 19, 2017
Working for Northrop Grumman has been a Great learning curve, On the down side Northrop Grumman could of spend more money on getting more tools that the mechanic could of used. T
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Union
It's work
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 19, 2017
This only applies to the office in Aurora, Colorado as of 2011. But as I was there, it seemed to transition from a small-ish company doing interesting defense research towards a cog in a large company mostly responsible for maintenance. They still seek out and win new development contracts, but had huge management overhead and the research side was shrinking rapidly by the time I left.
Great mamagement and great team
Human Resources Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX 75063April 19, 2017
I enjoyed working for this employer. Every day I was happy to go to work. I always felt that my skills were appreciated and of course i feel that my skills and overall knowledge of the function has been elevated.
Pros
Great management and staff
Cons
High claim count and case volume
Job Security
Engineer Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDApril 19, 2017
A typical day consists of busy work and meetings.

I learned many of the attributes I list on my resume today.

Management was dependent on the program. I had great managers and people who were thrusted into a management position without the qualifications. With the size of the company there are hundreds of managers.

Culture was difference with each department. Culture seemed to be more related to the job title and not one culture for the business.

Hardest part of the job was travel distance from home and advancement. My opinion was that people with Engineering and Military background had the easiest times advancing.

I enjoyed the endless opportunities to laterally move among different military projects and learn of the applications of the products.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
advancement and daily travel
This is an old job
Senior Computer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYApril 18, 2017
This is an old job that I do not feel is appropriate to review. I cannot at this time provide a reasonable review of what this company is like given the time that has passed.
Great Work/Life Balance
Production Control Dispatch Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILApril 17, 2017
I've worked for Northrop Grumman for quite some time. The people that I worked with are great. They have a nice 9/80 schedule, which allows every other friday off.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
short breaks
Nice and Quiet
Senior Electronic Assembler (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 16, 2017
Great coworkers and managers that help when things need to be done. It is quiet and has a great environment that allows you to get things done. The job also offers great benefits for my family and I.
firefighting is so rewarding.
Fireman and Fire Inspector (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKApril 14, 2017
Learned, basic firefighting techniques, We remove oxygen, heat or fuel to extinguisher a fire. Structural firefighting rescue and aircraft rescue skills. Cleaned and trained daily. Others depend on fighters to save and protect their lives.
Pros
objective: Saving lifes and protecting property. Fighting will always be needed.
Cons
A cons does it for wrong reason, ego.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northrop Grumman. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval