Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,981 reviews matching the search
At Your Own Risk
Senior Administrative Assistant 3 (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 4, 2015
Compensation and Benefits are pretty good compared to most however there is really no room for advancement, no room for large raises based on merit and performance... only room for advancement, bonus, and good raises are for the "good ol boy" system.
Pros
Compensation & Benefits are better than some alternatives
Cons
Raises, promotions not based on merit or performance, unethical practices
Great company to work for
End User Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 23, 2015
Overall I would say it is a great company to work for. They invest in their employees and encourage personal growth. There are a lot of opportunities to transfer or relocate.
Pros
annual raise, minimal supervision
Cons
work life unbalanced
Field Engineer II/Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Lompoc, CAOctober 6, 2015
Excellent company to work for with good benefits. Good for working parents due to work and life balance program. The most enjoyable part of the job is working along a group of excellent colleagues.
Contractor for NG
Systems Engineer, IT (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, NEMarch 17, 2016
On my particular contract, the culture is very good, but the work balance is pretty bad. I'm continuously in a position where I bring home work with me and can never release/relax.
Pros
Good people, good culture (overall), and room for learning
Cons
Poor work-life balance
ok place to work alot to learn
Quality Inspector/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 26, 2015
Ok place work you will learn a lot of machines that are great to put on your resume. First couple of day will be rough because there is so much to learn but once you grasp it eveything will be easy
Pros
start pay is good
Cons
hard to move up in company in petty change for yearly raise
Great Employees
ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZMay 5, 2016
Our Team of experienced Professionals is what makes for a Great working environment. We are responsible for ensuring that the War Fighter is safe on the Battle Field. When we add New capabilities to our system it gives us and myself Great pleasure that what we do saves lives.
Being involved with All new Projects and Capabilities allows me to see the fruits of our labor. We are able to add new items to our system fast and under budget than our competitors. With our team we work at a fast pace and try to exceed our customers expectations.
I look forward to finding a company where I can bring the positive work ideals that I have used to a New opportunity. I have much to offer and am ready to take on any New challenges.
Pros
Great Team Atmosphere
Cons
Ability to get ideas past upper managment. i.e. Its Not that same way we've always done it.
Excellent opportunity for a great career in engineering is provided at this company.
LAB SYSTEMS TEST ENGINEER II (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CANovember 5, 2015
A typical day a work includes completing given and expected work tasks for that day. I've learned to be proactive at getting help with all assignments if needed and not waiting to be given any help or needed training. The management seemed to have a desire to perform their job well. The co-workers seemed to be greatly influenced by management and only the most self-sufficient seemed to thrive. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unprofessional attitudes of some co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great and vast opportunities affordable to all of the engineers to grow and thrive if we just put the effort into it.
Pros
great opportunities for learning and career advancement.
Cons
unprofessional attitudes of some employees.
A company with strong ethics and diversity
Technical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDApril 21, 2016
Standard day when not in training mode is to check email, prioritize responses and check what tasks are required. Learning opportunities are available in house to expand knowledge.
Management are occasionally slow to respond to problems but can be addressed without fear of any reprisals. Co-workers are with rare exception, competent and confident willing to assist resolve problems.
Hardest part is trying to obtain information from external sources as security concerns limit access to some websites.
Most enjoyable is the camaraderie that exists within the field engineering group
Pros
easy access to management and in house healthcare facility, ability ot take vacation time for emergencies.
Cons
commute time to present location, intermittent network / software problems
Horrible Management and Compensation
Supply Chain & Manufacturing Management (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILMay 15, 2016
Complete and total lack of integrity and accountability at all levels of management. Annual employee surveys continue to point to overall discontent and dissatisfaction with the organization. Management's reaction is to form teams to address these issue which result in nothing being done as the issues are greater than what employees can directly fix. Compensation and benefits are a joke. Annual increases have averaged about 0 - 1.5% for the past 4 years with benefits following closely behind. Program Managers run and direct their teams in a very unprofessional and highly disrespectful manner. If they can make you look bad they will. They're only out for themselves and no one else. Good luck getting an "atta boy"....ever. I could go on but I think you get the picture.
Pros
Helping Our Men and Women to Keep us Safe
Cons
Leadership, Compensation, Benefits, Reward & Recognition etc.
Fast paced environment offering a variety of different job tasks and responsibilities.
E-Discovery Litigation Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Merrifield, VAJune 5, 2015
I work on various projects that change day to day. My job can be challenging at times. You are forced to use quick judgment to getting your job done.

I am constantly learning new procedures and processes of my job and learning about departments that can provide us with data that we need daily.

I have always had the pleasure of working with a group of amazing people and my co-workers are also my friends.

I enjoy being able to provide a service for the customers I support. My biggest reward is providing the customers with the data in a quick turn around time, and being honored for how hard I work to produce their results.
Pros
There's always work to do
Cons
amount of leave given, no room for growth, salary
Nice place
Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILSeptember 2, 2015
Please fix your IT department. Remote management is not the way to go. Other than that I hear that the rest of the departments are great to work for.
Pros
Paid time off is wonderful. Good benefits. Company clubs
Cons
Do not expect any money in your pay check if you work for IT
Northrop Grumman is a great company
Administrative Assistant to the Vice President (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 26, 2015
Northrop Grumman offers great benefits. I had outstanding bosses and had a great relationship my employees. They are a successful business people should be guided by principles and purposes meant to be ends in and of themselves, not techniques to create value for shareholders or to reach financial goals. He is disturbed that society's preoccupation with economics often leads people to calculate their worth as individuals based on their salaries or wealth and to judge their leaders more on financial results than on values.
Pros
Benifits
Graphic Artist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 17, 2015
Great company to work for and they really focus on home life. Great benefits and there is always room for job advancement.
Pros
They focus on the employees
Cons
I have no complaints
Okay Place just not what I want to work on
Senior Cyber Network Engineer III / Architect (Current Employee) –  Millersville, MDMay 17, 2015
The customer we support is not very stable or willing to adapt and I am not doing enough networking so my skills are falling behind my commercial counterparts. The management leaves you alone to do your job which is a big plus other than that it is like any other defense contractor. At the customer site you work with other contractors so it is 50/50 on how well you get along with folks there. At our company site everyone is cool.
Pros
Job Security is the only Pro I can see
Cons
Poor compensation, training and benefits are adequate.
Great Company
Administrative Associate II- IV (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAAugust 25, 2015
Great company to work for, sometimes hard to change careers, but still a great company. Good benefits, great people. A great work life balance.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Changing Careers may be difficult
Employee Focused Enviornment
HR (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 23, 2016
Northrop Grumman is a rewarding place to work. The culture of the company is engagement and employee satisfaction.

The hardest part of this job is that it is a call center environment, it is very difficult to work within a call center matrix if you are not accustomed. Your work is not be measured on your knowledge level but on your ability to meet the matrix numbers which are the same for any level, from tier one who answer and direct calls all day to the more involved lower management positions. If you are focused on assisting an employee beyond the basic customer service level, this may not may not be an ideal environment.
Pros
On site cafe
Cons
Call Center Enviornment
Eye opening Experience
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CADecember 21, 2015
Northrop Grumman has taught me a lot in my short career there.They taught me how to not only be a professional but to be original. The culture they have created is that family makes a winner. Together as a team we can achieve anything we put our will power to. It's a contagious atmosphere that can move mountains. I want to thank them for teaching that elite professionalism that comes with the aerospace industry. Yes, they let me go, but the life lessons in professionalism I took away from them is worth what money can't buy. Thank You NG
The main part of the Job that I like was working with the customer on a daily basis getting the mission done
Senior Mission Payload Engineer (Current Employee) –  Schriever AFB, COJune 3, 2016
9 hours shifts lots of coffee, working in dimly lit places

There was a serious lack of communication and training for the specific job I was hired for. Lots of self learning and OJT on the fly.

No training program in place....

My fellow team members for the most part are very professional and hard working individuals

Hardest part of the job was the constantly changing work schedule, hours changed every week with the rotating schedule
Pros
short commute, great pay
Cons
Lack of seperate PTO/Vacation days, no lunch breaks....constantly working in the dark
Great Company
Program Manager/Mainframe Programmer (Current Employee) –  Washington. DCOctober 13, 2015
Wonderful company to work for - benefits are great - always looking out to make sure you have everything you need to do your job.
Better than Most, but Used to be Better
Technical Writer/Editor II (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 27, 2016
Most of the company that I have ever dealt with is full of fantastic employees. However, after 13 years, it has gone down hill. Management isn't as good as it used to be. A lot of micromanaging at play and disruptive to workers. The company has downsized quite a bit since I started and some good talent was lost. This is especially true for the management. Also, the layoffs have caused those remaining workers a lot more work for little to no pay increase.
Pros
Solid company, cares about their employees
Cons
Management isn't as solid, seems to downsize every 6 months or so. Benefits have also taken a turn for worse.