Northrop Grumman
1,630 reviews

Northrop Grumman United States Employee Reviews

Great Company with great ethics
Analyst II Data Management Systems (Former Employee), Redondo Beach, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: credit union on site. great campus to walk on lunch hour
Cons: wish i had never left
I worked in Control Center with lots of action. Kept all the ER Manuals up to date. Worked with Engineers when system had problems. Lots of learning. Great coworkers teaching you the ropes.
great place to work
TEST ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Apopka, FLFebruary 24, 2015
I had a great time working on second shift with my felloe coworkers to do the best job I could. It was a job that made me follow it as a career.
Good Pay Bad managment
Systems and Sensors Technician (Former Employee), baltmoreFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad bosses (most employees had this issue not localise due to command structure issues)
Under manned to layoff quick
Bad managers
Contract overlooks from a policy of quick turn around
Unions that do nothing but charge a fee
Very productive place to work and good people
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Elkridge, MDFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: quality not for everyone
Started out with getting work off racks that was ready for inspection of any type.
I learn that it take time to view everything there is to know about a part that has been repair and need ok to ship. There lots of screens that had to be looked at to get it ready for DCMA approval, shipping.
Some co works where every helpful other did not much of anything if they helped. Some very good people there in all.
The inspection of the parts was the most enjoyable of my job.
Management in QA was not that much up on helping QA personal. It would have been nice to have a little help from them.
Training and Development (Current Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: excellent chance for advancement
Great atmosphere and leaders. Co-workers are knowledgeable and great to work with on a daily bases. The benefits are excellent.
A program that I would recommend to all high school students interested in engineering
High School Involvement Program Intern (Former Employee), Redondo Beach, CAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: hands-on experience
I started my internship with one and a half years of physics and half a year of calculus from school. With the help of my mentor, I created an orbit propagator GUI using Matlab. My final project was to present my GUI to my mentor's co-workers.
Manager, Weapon Systems Engineering Dept.
Manager, Weapon Systems Engineering Dept (Former Employee), Pico Rivera, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: working on the most advanced stealth aircraft at the time
Systems Engineering o the B2-Advanced Technology Bomber. Manager of Functional Integration Department responsible for mission and functional analysis, requirements definition/allocation and performance of trade studies for state-of-the-art avionics and air vehicle systems. This included the Weapons Management System, Mission Management System and Flight Management System
Level 3 Sr. Structure Mechanic (Current Employee), Saint Augustine, FLFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: hours
10 hour work day, 4 day work week, solid upper management, not much opportunity to work overtime. Goverment contracts.
eh...depends on what you want in life
Cost and Pricing Analyst (Current Employee), Redondo Beach, CAFebruary 18, 2015
pros:
- 9/80 work schedule
- benefits packages
- vacation time
- very secure

cons:
- government customer
- slow moving
- old
- no innovation
- hard to move up
- very stovepiped
- hard to learn and grow
- overall culture (do more for less)
- good work is rewarded with more work
It was a great job.
Electrical Contractor (Former Employee), New Orleans, LA.February 18, 2015
Pros: advancement opportunities
It was a great job. The employee's and management worked well together. I learned a lot about being a better leader. I enhanced my electrical abilities.
No upward mobility
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Irwin, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: long drive
Lacks basic organization, No training program for new hires and the evaluation process is a joke. Process flow needs an upgrade. Upper management prevents supervision from doing their jobs.
Project Manager, (Former Employee), McLean, VAFebruary 16, 2015
Great place to work unless the contract you are working on remains viable. If not, you are laid off. Work starts at 9 in the morning and ends at 9 at night You get 15 minutes for lunch and on restroom break every 6 hours.
Horrible Place to Work - Cannot keep New Talent
Manufacturing Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: only the alternate work arrangement
Cons: poor management, horrible hr, bad benefits, low amount of vacation time, low amount of pto
Northrop Grumman is a horrible place to work. Most new employees only stay there 1-5 years. Some new employees even leave before reaching their first year! Abysmal Attrition Rate - Northrop Grumman cannot keep new talent.

The Management is poor and unfocused. Expect to be "chewed-up" by the Corporate Machine. Expect long hours (for which you remain unpaid) if you're a "Professional". Only the Union Workers (both skilled and un-skilled) are treated well. Non-Union employees and Professionals have no clout, and hence have poorer benefits, no real sick time (only a low amount of PTO), and no one to whom to voice their concerns. As noted, HR there does not help with complaints, and they only serve to make matters worse.

However, most of my co-workers were excellent, hard-working people. Conversely, most Management there is clueless and/or abusive.

Anyone with any real sense, ambition, motivation, or drive should STAY AWAY from Northrop Grumman. Staying there too long will only lead to the decline of your self-respect, exhaustive (and unpaid) work hours, depression, stress, and eventual sessions with a trained Therapist.

IF you're a member of a protected Union, you'll be treated much better. I must admit that. But, if you aren't part of a Union, STAY away...

Thank you for your time.
Good pay, good people to work with, many opportunities.
Cyber Systems Engineer (Current Employee), VAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: many great benefits and perks for learning and growing your career.
Cons: you get lost in a large pool of people. difficult to stand out or move up in the chain.
I have worked for the company for a few years. It has been a very good overall learning experience overall. The co-workers have been very good people to work with and learn from. The most difficult part is that most of the time you are on your own to find the answers, although you have many talented assets in the company to pull information from. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to talk to and learn from others to elevate your own understanding of the job.
Bad work environment
Enterprise Network Engineer (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 15, 2015
Cons: bad for your physical and mental health.
Very unhappy with the work environment. Everybody unhappy. They want you to work 60 hours but only pay 40 hours. Management mistreats employees. Little to no training. No raises or bonuses.
Productive; Great company to grow
Procurement Analyst 1 - Procurement (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: opportunity to grown
Cons: management
Northrop Grumman offers many benefits and options to grow and become a more skilled professional. The employees are very helpful and insightful. The corporate culture is a more conducive of a "family". Management is available but more leaders are needed.
Senior Software Consultant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2015
work involves multiple activities like monitoring daily jobs, development, documentation etc..co-workers are very helpful and cooperative, client provide enough time to complete the tasks.
Terrible management
Fiber Optic Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 13, 2015
Cons: too much overhead management
I usually had nothing to do even though I was certified to work more programs than most people in the department. Management plays favorites. My manager was always inappropriate with language and attitude. If you have concerns with HR or Ethics, you get in trouble for asking and too many people get away with mischarging.

The engineers were awesome to work with.
7 out of 10
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Melbourne FlFebruary 13, 2015
Favoritism to certain employees is noticeable
Lower management is very good
Big wheels management very despotic
work conditions good
Co-workers act on very close circle
Temporary Contractors are shown very clearly standing position
Direct employees are helpful to certain point
Time given to accomplishment of tasks is very reasonable
In general as a temporary contractor 7 out of 10
System Administrator (Former Employee), Quantico, VAFebruary 13, 2015
The work place was good, however the Military that we worked with seemed to look down at the contractors. The company was very supportive of the individuals working at "the site." The people are the one's who made the job bearable. The pay could have been better, but this is probably what was budgeted.

About Northrop Grumman

Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics, – Read more

Northrop Grumman Salaries