Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews

great place
Buyer II, Subcontract Groups (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSSeptember 29, 2017
Northrop Grumman was a forward thinking company and a great place to work. lots of room for advancement and very good benefits, vacation , 401k and healthcare.
Professional environemnt focused on the tasks at hand.
Business Systems Analyst / Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 29, 2017
Pleasant, professional work environment.
Support and encourage employee growth.
Good management.
Participates in public activities supporting various cancer and other fundraising activities.
Good benefits.
Good company, light on research
Engineer Systems, IV (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 28, 2017
Many good opportunities for engineers. Fewer opportunities to do interesting research and development. Good salary and benefits. Immediate managers are good, executive leadership often makes decisions that cause chaos at the lower levels without regard for people having to accommodate that chaos. High-level leadership does a poor job explaining actions and strategy.
security for this company is dead end job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CASeptember 28, 2017
The security check are crazy, walk miles every night . better managers are needed to monitor the guards and facility. pay was ok not great for the area
Great ethics & values, but org culture is stuck in the past
Organization Effectiveness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CASeptember 27, 2017
The people are great, but the company culture still has an old school mentality. Management is overworked and they lack people leadership skills and training. The work can be tactical and less strategy driven. Overall, it's a good place to work, with good benefits. The work can be dull, and it's very bureaucratic. .
My internship
College Intern Technical (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 27, 2017
This job was good but the overall industry is very boring and highly focused on antiquated processes. The technology is improving but there is a very high emphasis on security and that prevents implementing practical solutions. The environment is very slow and good for a starter job. There is also a high rate of turnover so the opportunity is there. However, they are not very good at working with your requirements unless you have been working there for a long time. I had a very long commute but still came to work at a decent time and got all the work that they asked of me done. However, they were fixated on the fact that I could not come any earlier to meetings that would last the entire business day and really were not relevant to me at all. I understand that you want me to get the full company experience but if I am performing my duties I believe that should be sufficient. Instead they told me that I was using my long commute as a crutch and basically did not want to hire me from there.
Pros
Free lunches
Good Defense Contractor Job
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Poway, CASeptember 27, 2017
Well paying job in the defense industry. Opportunities to work on sophisticated military aircraft systems with high level engineers and professionals. Unfortunately, the work was subject to congressional budgets which made the employment short or inconsistent.
Pros
High pay, great benefits
Cons
Short term contracts and lots of inefficient beaurocracy
GCSS-Army SME Instructor (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Great place to work but it was a contract and they hav to end at some point. In my current area it is not enough jobs but there is an chance to relocate if you choose to.
Great
Budget Analyst - Intermediate (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 27, 2017
Love NG and sad that the contract is ending and required to find other work.
Typical day is 8 to 9 hours with every other Friday off.
Workplace very versatile.
Good company
DIRECTOR (Acting), SYSTEMS ENGINEERING (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 27, 2017
the people are very good to work with. It's a very diverse environment at the lower levels. Leadership state they focus on diversity but don't practice it at higher levels. Minorities are capped at manager levels and rarely see director level in engineering.
Pros
technology
Cons
growth opportunit
steady
Senior Systems Engineer, System Integrator (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCSeptember 26, 2017
A well managed corporation with a promising, competitive future.
I do not feel comfortable in critiquing a previous employee in order to apply for a new position.
Pros
Well
Cons
Employees can get overlooked
Got along with everyone, loved the duties
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 26, 2017
Overall a great place to work, enjoyed the people and what our job stood for in the military world. Knowing that i was part of a team making a difference in the work force
Pros
Pay was great, work was satisfying
NG is a diverse company that gives everyone from all walks a life a fair opportunity
Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Windsor Mill, MDSeptember 26, 2017
A typical day at NG is very calm and quite. Everyone has there own duties. No one is really micro managed. NG offers a lot of telework to majority of the employees.
Vinnell Arabia
Senior Armament Repairman (Current Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaSeptember 26, 2017
This place is in need of a shake up and review of salaries. It is ran mostly by officers and NCOs from pre-Iraq war. No real opportunity for advancement if you were enlisted.. completely officer based company.
fast paced corporate culture
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSSeptember 25, 2017
Worked in the business analysis and financial planning department. Company offered extensive training and opportunities for advancement. I enjoyed the work and the environment.
Lackluster Management
Ground Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 25, 2017
Manager transferred from another site to be our manager but was more focused on his own advancement than those he managed. We worked panama shifts, 2/2/3. Alternating days off. Every other weekend was a three day weekend, which was nice but the shifts were all 12+ hours. If you like jobs in SCIF's, then it's great - no windows, lots of locked doors, if you were lucky you could watch the News when nothing was going on.
If the management had significant changes I might think about going back.
Very interesting position with a lot of cultural diversity
On-Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDSeptember 25, 2017
This position was a contract job. I was student liaison for 120 men from another Country and was in charge of everything outside of the classroom to include housing, transportation, meals, medical issues and cultural events.

I truly enjoyed this position and learned a lot from it. I also believe that my customer was able to take a lot away from it as well.
Solid Corporation
CORPORATE PROPERTY CASUALTY RISK MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 25, 2017
The company is solid and run very well. I wish they would invest more in the employees and really have constructive ways in which employees can grow
Pros
Great exposure and cutting edge technology
Cons
low salary
Toxic management, rewards ineptitude
Hunter UAS Technician & Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZSeptember 25, 2017
Had fun deploying, worked with some really good team members, has good benefits (in the dept I worked in at least)on the Flip-side it has inept management and really awful team members. best to keep one eye on your job and the other on your back.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Toxic Management, Toxic work enviroment
Oconus fms location
Deputy Director, Aviation Vinnell Arabia (Current Employee) –  Ar RiyāḍSeptember 24, 2017
Outstanding opportunity to start up, grow and perform a program.
CONUS location is a challenge.
Great pay and benefit package.
FMS Customer can be a challenge.
Pros
Salary and benefits package
Cons
OCONUS Location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northrop Grumman. Our community is ready to answer.