Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Defense contracting can be very challenging
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 19, 2017
NGC is a good company to work for but the environment for business is very competitive and the US government can be a very poor customer in regards to how it views it's contract work force. The customer has little, if any, regard for the effect that their actions have on those that support them (Friday pm tasks due Monday, Tasks due the day after holidays, short notice changes with no corresponding change in due date...)
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
low job security - the government is a poor customer
I loved working at Northrop Grumman
LOGISTICS/DISTRIBUTION WAREHOUSE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VASeptember 19, 2017
I loved working at Northrop Grumman and I started as Field Tech/Logistician. This required me to travel across the US and this was very exciting. I then became Facility Coordinator which added more duties for me but I loved the variety in my daily task. The only reason I left was due to lack of contracts and they had to lay off most of the staff otherwise I would have stayed there until I retired.
Electronics assembler (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 18, 2017
Northrop Grumman is a good company. In here you have a opportunity to get a lot of training and your skill will be improved . You will have a chance to learn some new technologies.
Best Job I have had
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GASeptember 18, 2017
Northrop Grumman was the best professional job I have had. The people at the location I was at were top notch yet no one ever had any attitude like they were better or smarter than anyone else. Everyone was there to get a job done and they were flexible when it came to the hours worked. As long as the customer needs were being met then there were no worries.
Great Compamy
Senior Production Manager (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 18, 2017
Northrop Grumman is a great company to work for and working with the people their was the most enjoyable part of the job. Northrop has a great work culture and a supportive management team.
Pros
good management, advancement opportunities, good work culture
Cons
A worldwide company with great opportunities for advancement
Infrastructure Engineer/Architect (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 18, 2017
My experience will vary from others as I am a contractor working on a customer project, but Northrop has treated me very well. There are pros and cons for working for such a large company but by and large they offer numerous opportunities from advancement to training and relocation. They also emphasize employee feedback and have been making an effort of late to actively monitor each and every comment made.
Great company to work for
Tech Librarian (Former Employee) –  Calverton, NYSeptember 18, 2017
I started out as a keypunch operator. Advanced to an engineering aid. When the company downsized I was in charge of the tech library. Manger there would always work with you if you pulled your weight in the department. Coworkers were great to work along side with. Being such a large company it was always a learning experience for me. I used to travel 50 miles a day which was hard on my car.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
too far to travel
Lots of learning oppertunity
Composites Technician (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 18, 2017
While there is a lot of opportunity for growth and a great amount of thing to do. The environment is not one that promotes employee growth. Favoritisms and nepotisms are a little discouraging.
Pros
education driven, oppertunity
Cons
discouraging managememnt tactics
Good company/expensive area to live
Associate Designer (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 18, 2017
I enjoyed working at Newport News. I learned a great deal as this was my first job out of tech school. I worked with a lot of good people there. They were wonderful mentors. It was just too expensive of an area to live it at my salary level. I left and got a job working in the area I grew up in making more money and had to spend less for housing.
Pros
Great enviroment to learn in
Cons
cost of living
Technical Support
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXSeptember 17, 2017
A typical day included preparing for computer hardware or software upgrade and application changes. I worked on preparing for Disaster Recovery Tests. My primary function was working on network issues, hardware and software compatibilities. I wrote procedures and updated documentation for new employees. I also trained computer operations to monitor my applications and fix minor issues. It was a great work environment. Everyone was highly intelligent. Management was open to suggestions about how to complete a work project. I was given opportunities to work on new projects and learn new skills.
Pros
Great opportunities to learn new skills
A great company with lots of opportunities if you are willing to move
Contracts Manager, Space Systems Division (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CASeptember 17, 2017
This is a great company to work for and one that does take care of its employees in general. For the younger professionals advance does not happen as quickly as they would like. As with any large and well established company there is a career progression based on years of service and some politics. There is a changing of the guard that is to occur within the next few years, but until that happens, your time served outweighs abilities.
Great Company But Management Lacking
Corrosion Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSSeptember 17, 2017
The coworkers made the shipyard a great place to work. The labor force was second to none but management often led us to make correcting major changes and inspection programs were not inline with Naval Requirements.
great company
Structures Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 17, 2017
it is a wonderful company to work for. i just wish they had a facility to work at in Texas. They are a performance based company. the better your performance, the better the incentives.
You get out of it what you put into it.
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Colorado SpringsSeptember 17, 2017
If you're comfortable with contractual work, then Northrop is a great company to work for. The current program I am on is very relaxed and down to earth. Immediate management is very accessible and responsive to needs. There are many opportunities for learning and the betterment of ones self. As with any job, it can be stressful and taxing. If you're willing to do the work and show any sort of extra effort, it will not go unnoticed.
Pros
Great opportunities
Cons
Most programs are contractual/short-based.
Management non existent
Scrum Master / Senior SAP Functional Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 17, 2017
The location I worked at had a "good ole boy" mentality. So many cliques. Advancement and opportunities given to friends and not those deserving. Management was clueless as to who performed the actual work and who was a valuable employee.
Pros
Flexible schedule, decent benefits.
Cons
Poor management, no opportunity unless recent graduate, lack of recognition for a job well done
A good large company to work for
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 17, 2017
Northrop Grumman is a typical large aerospace and defense company. Probably one of the best companies I've worked for, but that pertains to the first time I worked for the company. the second time, not so much, but probably due to a change in location.
Pros
Pay is competitive
Cons
Working on proposals can be very stressful and take away from that work/life/family balance
Good work environment
IT Business Process Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 16, 2017
Good work environment. Very fast paced and deadlines are very stringent and adhered to. I would recommend this company to any that thrives on a fast and ever changing environment.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
management
great team to work
Sr. Oracle Forms& Report Developer (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 16, 2017
great team to work. Management is nice to work with.
Flexible timings and shift. Salary is ok, benefits I am not aware as on a temp position. Over all good experience so far.
Learning Environment
Recruiting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 15, 2017
Able to work successfully with other team members for collaboration, questions, learning and the managers are accessible. Environment can be a bit noisy at times but not too distracting.
Good company
Accounts Payable Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 15, 2017
I worked at Northrup Grumman for 5 years. Unfortunately I was laid off with 119 other employees in 2011. I enjoyed working at NG, they offered work/life balance hours in which you have every other Friday off.
Benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northrop Grumman. Our community is ready to answer.