NorthShore University Health System

NorthShore University Health System Employer Reviews

Senior Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Lake Forest, ILJuly 17, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: hours
Busy practice with friendly workers who always try to deliever excellent customer service to all patients.
Great experience.
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee), Skokie, ILJune 13, 2014
I very much enjoy my work. I split my week between Clinical Research and medical assisting which can be exhausting due to the inconsistency of my work schedule but I am incredibly grateful for the opportunities I have been given and for the experiences I have gained at this facility.

I have been exposed to a whole realm of dermatology that I did not – more... know existed. Initially, I was like most in thinking that Dermatology was predominately about acne and cosmetics. To my surprise, the physicians I work with have taught me about oncologic dermatology and the effects of chemotherapy on the body. Through clinical research, I have learned the severity of a disease like psoriasis or hidradenitis suppurativa and how debilitating it can be. I have gained a greater understanding and deep appreciation for clinical trials and research studies.

I wish I could explain a typical day. There is no such thing as typical! The plans I set at the beginning of the day often change as the day progresses because things come up and priorities need to be adjusted. I have learned to be quite flexible and patient.

The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing patients. I love to see their progress and how excited they are when a new treatment works. Some of the patients I see have terrible diseases, and it is amazing to see their results. – less
Fast paced & team oriented atmosphere undergoing numerous changes
Pathology Technician (Current Employee), Evanston, ILMay 30, 2014
Overall I would consider NorthShore University Health System to be an excellent place to receive care & a good place to be employed. NorthShore is always changing in an effort to ensure the patients have better care. I have found my true passion at NorthShore as this was my first position in the medical field. The position has allowed me to utilize – more... my customer service skills in an environment where I am reminded daily that my work truly matters to the patients we are serving. The most challenging part of my job began when I became the clerk for two additional hospitals due to staffing issues. It was been an opportunity for me to put my organizational skills to work! – less
Blood draw, ua collection,strep test
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILMay 19, 2014
The same blood draw, ua collection, nasal swab.
ordering test in epic , supply
Productive environment with great place for career advancement
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee), Evanston, ILApril 29, 2014
Great hospital to work for. Amazing clinical experience with vast opportunities
Wonderful team and excellent growth and development opportunities
Staff Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), Evanston, ILApril 24, 2014
I loved working at Evanston Hospital as an occupational therapist- there was an excellent and diverse group of therapist with varying experience and expertise from which to draw upon.
Opportunity to grow in the professional health care career path
Patient Account Specialist, ER (Former Employee), Evanston, ILMarch 11, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low staff
It was a fast pace place because I worked in the emergency department. It was a good experience for me because it taught me to be able to think and solve problems right the way. I have learned a lot from those four years. Unfortunately I made the decision to resign because I wanted to concentrate on nurse school and tried to still have some time for – more... my husband, three children, and mother-in-law.
The managers were very encouraging. They accommodated my schedule and even allowed me to stay in the ED moving from the PCT position to Registrar position. I'm very thankful for that. The hard part was the overcrowded day(s) in the ED. Long wait caused frustration to patients and their families. It is hard to see most of them waiting for long hours. Most enjoyable was that even if a day was tough, the next one was always a new day. I was ready to return the next day. – less
Great Learning environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Lake Bluff, ILDecember 26, 2013
Learning is defiantly a big part of my day working with Doctors all day long, which was great since I love to learn new things every day. A day at work for me is all about the patients and that is how it was at my last office.
Busy Work Place
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (Current Employee), Glenview and Skokie IllinoisOctober 15, 2013
Fast paced medical environment. High level technologies and systems utilized including Epic,
Proactive workplace.
MT(ASCP) (Current Employee), Highland Park, ILAugust 6, 2013
Date of Hire: 1991
I learned a lot working in this hospital as a Medical Tech. People I worked with -nurses, MD's and other personnels are courteous and friendly.Management are approachable and solve any problem we encounter. There's only two of us working for the night shift in the laboratory and sometimes the job can be so overwhelming with an emergency – more... situation as in a patient needing a massive transfusions. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you know the patient did well and you have contributed for the well being of that patient. – less
stressfull place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Glenview, ILAugust 1, 2013
As accuracy is important there is a lot of stress involve.
I learned many positive and negative things about the working culture in a pharmacy similar to biosphere experience.
The best manager is willing to sacrifice Technicians in a split second and the mean one dose it more frequently.
As any other place there are good and bad individuals.
The hardest – more... part of the job is coping with some of personnel. – less
NorthShore Medical Groups/Specalities
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Skokie ILAugust 3, 2012
Pros: the patients
Cons: the disgruntled patients
A typical day at work includes answering phone calls for 41 offices within the Northshore area. I take calls for Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology as well as Pediatrics. When patients call I can either schedule them for appointments, send a refill request, have patients speak with nurses, and also help the patient to unlitmately – more... get all of their needs serviced in one phone call. I have learned how to use Epic electronic medical record system, interact with people inside the company and also the people I take calls for. There are 41 different offices, so I must be able to memorize protocols, and panic words for the numerous doctors' within Northshore Medical Group. The hardest part of my job is getting used to the different offices and understanding exactly how to make each and every phone call a pleasurable experience for both me and the patient. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of my job is making connections with the patients even though they cannot see me. – less
Place to get your feet wet in Epic
Project Manager (Current Employee), Skokie, ILJune 26, 2012
People either make it a career here or people stay to get some experience and leave. Most get the experience and leave. Fast paced, high stress and disorganized.
Great place to work. I love this hospital.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Glenview, ILApril 3, 2012
My best job ever. Very flexible with schedules. All the nurses & doctors provide excillent care. Everyone smiles & is attentive to the patient. There is much teamwork which makes the job so easy. I love going to work here. They make it fun.