NorthShore University Health System Employee Reviews

Diversity
Patient Support Associate, ENHMG (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILJuly 6, 2016
I enjoy working for NorthShore University Health System, the diversity is awesome. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing cute babies and toddlers. Working in pediatrics I've built relationships with the parents that will last a life time.
Good environment for professional growth and development
Epic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILApril 3, 2016
Excellent teamwork environment
Good benefits
Many opportunities to learn
Friendly atmosphere
Supportive co-workers assist with meeting deadlines
Class offerings open to all employees for stress management, MS office skills
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Healthcare Regulations can overwhelm clinical processes
Northshore
Patient procedure scheduler (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILSeptember 1, 2016
Great place to work! great pay, work/ life balance worked out well. Managers made you feel like family. new hires were always chosen wisely. Great company to work for
Productive Workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILMarch 7, 2016
Always busy on the job, the coworker and physicians are great. Some departments need improvement on service values. The mission of the hospital is very focused on patient care. They strive for the best for patients to acheive the most excellent patient care and employee's have a good working environment.
Company is good place to work
Logistical Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILJanuary 29, 2016
Good environment for development and life work balance.

As a non medical employee, was involved in the infrastructure
aspect of healthcare. Observed that patients only see a small
portion of the hospital, and a significant amount of work takes
place to make healthcare work.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Can be restrictive sometimes-not a major issue
Great place to work!
Emergency Department Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILDecember 17, 2015
The best job I ever had! The managers are so understanding and helpful. When dealing with tough situations, as one would working in the ER, it was our job to insure all patients are treated as family; it's what made me fall in love with my position. I was the first face patients see when they come in and gave words of comfort, letting each one know that they WILL be taken care of as quickly as possible. The registration team was always on top of assisting everyone's needs, from the doctors and nursing, to visitors coming to see about a love one. Best job for anyone who loves to lend a helping hand.
great place
OB Technician (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILApril 16, 2016
Very convenient location, close to the city, really knowledgeable doctors, friendly staff, flexible working hours,room for education
Love working with the Doctors and Patients.
Senior Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILFebruary 15, 2016
Love working with the Doctors and Patients. This is a teaching Institute and they are more that happy to share knowledge.
Horrible place to work
Central Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILFebruary 5, 2016
Management does not have a clue on how to manage; all they do is micromanage. I learned how to effectively communicate with the patients and customers
medsurg/pediatric nurse
Registered Nurse - Observation/Pediatric Unit (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, ILDecember 2, 2015
On my current floor I balance between being a medical surgical nurse and a pediatric nurse. I also preform charge nurse duties.
Overall
General - Surgical Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILJuly 9, 2015
Working at Northshore has opened my eyes to what provided excellent healthcare really means and should be. Having been both an employee and patient of this organization, I have been able to see both sides of what heathcare looks like. I attempt to provide the level of care I only expect to recieve when I am a patient. It is my duty as a healthcare provider to provide eceptional care. It doesn't matter what role you are in, with every hand off the experience should be an easy transition through your office for this patient. It's everyones job!
Pros
Employee perks for outings
Cons
Employee heathcare discounts
helping my patients feel better
Medical Assistant/medical receptionist (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILAugust 20, 2015
taking vitals talking with patients checking them in and out verifying insurance. drawing blood giving injections refilling prescriptions giving ekg's and making sure my patient was well taken care of.
Pros
healty patients
Good for future Nurses
Patient Care Technician/CNA (Current Employee) –  skokie, ilJanuary 22, 2015
North Shore Skokie Hospital is a great hospital for future nurses. There is such learning that can happen even when you don't realize it until you branch out to other hospitals. I float between all 4 North Shore Hospitals and nothing is like Skokie, it is a very relaxed, happy, caring hospital for patients and employees alike.
Pros
learning
Cons
downstaffed most of the time
NorthShore
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILJanuary 15, 2015
NorthShore is a good place to work. There is room for lateral moves within the organization. the only catch to that is you have to be in a position for 9 months before you can apply for a transfer. I work in a department were I get scheduled lunches so that is a plus. benefits have gone down over the years but they do match a portion of your 403b which is nice.
What I've learned
Radiology Tech Aide (CT/MRI) (Current Employee) –  Glenview, IlJanuary 22, 2015
Working in 2 different modalities, I've learned that each patient is different and the same exam cannot always be done the same way on every patient. You have to accommodate for some and always be there with a helping hand. I've noticed a lot of people are claustrophobic and I've helped many accomplish this fear or surpass it.
Fast paced & team oriented atmosphere undergoing numerous changes
Pathology Technician (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILMay 30, 2014
Overall I would consider NorthShore University Health System to be an excellent place to receive care & a good place to be employed. NorthShore is always changing in an effort to ensure the patients have better care. I have found my true passion at NorthShore as this was my first position in the medical field. The position has allowed me to utilize my customer service skills in an environment where I am reminded daily that my work truly matters to the patients we are serving. The most challenging part of my job began when I became the clerk for two additional hospitals due to staffing issues. It was been an opportunity for me to put my organizational skills to work!
Proactive workplace.
MT(ASCP) (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, ILAugust 6, 2013
Date of Hire: 1991
I learned a lot working in this hospital as a Medical Tech. People I worked with -nurses, MD's and other personnels are courteous and friendly.Management are approachable and solve any problem we encounter. There's only two of us working for the night shift in the laboratory and sometimes the job can be so overwhelming with an emergency situation as in a patient needing a massive transfusions. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you know the patient did well and you have contributed for the well being of that patient.
stressfull place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILAugust 1, 2013
As accuracy is important there is a lot of stress involve.
I learned many positive and negative things about the working culture in a pharmacy similar to biosphere experience.
The best manager is willing to sacrifice Technicians in a split second and the mean one dose it more frequently.
As any other place there are good and bad individuals.
The hardest part of the job is coping with some of personnel.
fun work place
Medical Biller/ Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJuly 26, 2015
never had a dull moment in this company. great incentives and benefits e.g. insurance benefits, pay increase and PTO's
An exceptional and professional environment for nursing.
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILOctober 5, 2014
I have nothing negative to say about NorthShore University Health System; I have loved the almost twenty years that I have worked for this corporation and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fulfilling nursing career.

4.2