NorthShore University Health System Employee Reviews

Positive culture
Manager of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILJuly 22, 2017
Positive culture but seems like upper tier of organization is an old boys' network. Not diverse in upper management. The expectations and work were interesting and high.
Beautiful hospital, lots of politics
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILJuly 7, 2017
Its a Magnet hospital so most people will automatically know what that means. It allows nurses to hold meetings to pretend like they are allowed to have a say in the way the hospital is run but every suggestion gets shut down by management. Its all about customer service and satisfaction reviews--with not a lot of regard for employees.
Great learning experince
STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJuly 6, 2017
Management is awesome and Techs are great. Very enthusiastic on teaching new students and giving them the tools needed to work in the field after graduation.
Most enjoyable and fulfilling part of the job is helping patients and working with in a very diverse group.
Great place to work!
Orthopedic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILJune 13, 2017
Great place to work. Management is very nice and supportive. Outstanding benefits with a company funded pension. Excellent work/life balance, with very little stress.
Productive workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJune 1, 2017
Good place to work even if this is your first job in the medical field. There is always so much to learn. Employees are friendly, the DR's are friendly.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
30 min lunch breaks and no other breaks for the day, long work days
Not the best place to work
Patient Access Rep (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJune 1, 2017
They do not treat people like humans but more so like machines that just need to answer phones. They have no sympathy for their employees. Every move you make is watched. You cant step away to cough with out documenting it.
Overall Experience
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Bluff, ILApril 27, 2017
A typical day at work is you come in and get started right away. rooming patients and staying busy on task and focused. Management is not the greatest, our office has gone thru about 3 different managers and not much is different. Workplace culture is very divided. the enjoyable part of my job is that in the 5 years that i have been here I have made really good friends, bonds and friendships. I am a rules follower and when someone tries to brake those rules with no concequenses that is were the hardest part of my is, trying not to say anything as nothing is equal in my office.
Pros
start time is 630am
Cons
no flexebility with my outside life with work hours.
Call center environment
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILApril 24, 2017
Job is just not for everyone. Very robotic taking up to 100 calls a day repeating the same things. Workplace culture is like being back in high school. The hardest part of the job was trying to learn some much information at once. The info was constantly changing and if you are not constantly check you can missing some very important info
Pros
Great pay
Cons
scheduled breaks, long hour sitting
great place to work.
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILApril 5, 2017
very good management.good place to learn. excellent supervisors to work with.very good atmosphere with lots of encouragement from management.recommend to work here.
Collaborate team approach
Adolescent Partial Hospitalization (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, IL 60015March 28, 2017
Northshore does an excellent job at collaborating with team members. Treatment is rooted in cognitive behavioral therapy and dialectical behavioral therapy. The environment is highly clinical, with a structured and therapeutic program. The workplace culture is comfortable, assertive, and therapeutic.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Constantly running groups. Very little down time
Very good organization to work for!!
Senior Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILDecember 19, 2016
I have been with NorthShore for the last 6 yrs. Its a nice corporation to work for. Unfortunatly, I need to look for a closer job near home. Since I moved my commute has been of 1hr-1hr 15min. Great bennefits, 403B, short term disability, sick time, personal days, vacation time, Flex spending.
large organization
Insurance Follow-Up Representative (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILDecember 13, 2016
Large Health organization but unfortunately not too many opportunities for moving up in the company. Great colleagues, good management. Overall, a good place to grow with if possible.
Productive very fun place to work
Purchasing/Materials Management, Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILNovember 15, 2016
typical day at work, placing orders for departments, answering calls, troubleshooting receiving issues, orders not arriving, etc.
I've learned from over 20+ years of healthcare experience, a perfect manager/director or department leader needs to be exceptional in not only managing the operation, but effectively managing staff.
The hardest part of this job is, negotiation of pricing for big projects
The most enjoyable part for me was actually solving problems for a department and really feeling fulfilled in your duties.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
the distance between work and home
Northshore
Patient procedure scheduler (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILSeptember 1, 2016
Great place to work! great pay, work/ life balance worked out well. Managers made you feel like family. new hires were always chosen wisely. Great company to work for
NorthShore is a wonderful diversed place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, ILAugust 25, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my day is meeting and greeting all types of people. I wish them the best on their recoveries and be there to answer any questions they may have. I try to put a smile on their faces and do my job to the best of my abilities. I work very well with my co workers and other staff.
Diversity
Patient Support Associate, ENHMG (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILJuly 6, 2016
I enjoy working for NorthShore University Health System, the diversity is awesome. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing cute babies and toddlers. Working in pediatrics I've built relationships with the parents that will last a life time.
great place
OB Technician (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILApril 16, 2016
Very convenient location, close to the city, really knowledgeable doctors, friendly staff, flexible working hours,room for education
Good environment for professional growth and development
Epic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILApril 3, 2016
Excellent teamwork environment
Good benefits
Many opportunities to learn
Friendly atmosphere
Supportive co-workers assist with meeting deadlines
Class offerings open to all employees for stress management, MS office skills
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Healthcare Regulations can overwhelm clinical processes
Productive Workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILMarch 7, 2016
Always busy on the job, the coworker and physicians are great. Some departments need improvement on service values. The mission of the hospital is very focused on patient care. They strive for the best for patients to acheive the most excellent patient care and employee's have a good working environment.
Love working with the Doctors and Patients.
Senior Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILFebruary 15, 2016
Love working with the Doctors and Patients. This is a teaching Institute and they are more that happy to share knowledge.