NorthShore University HealthSystem

NorthShore University HealthSystem Employee Reviews

OK place to get some experience, but not long term
Insurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILNovember 17, 2017
Horrible management. They almost never hire from within and incoming managers generally have no experience in their job functions and no clue what they are doing. Every department is allowed to do what they want with no regard to how it effects other departments. Training in non existent. Their employee health insurance is the worst I have ever seen.
Pros
can't think of anything
Cons
Horrible management, health insurance is terrible
Robotic, mundane, stressful, chaotic
Outpatient Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILNovember 9, 2017
This is the worst Outpatient Pharmacy I’ve ever worked at. It is absolutely an unpleasant and horrible work atmosphere. Half the pharmacists are unprofessional and rude. The manager is a clueless amateur who depends on the former manager who stepped down who has a serious temper issue and extreme anger management problems. She is very disrespectful and condescending. It’s a sad, cold, department that is in need of big change. Starting with removing the manger and former manager.
Pros
It’s a pretty hospital
Cons
Everything else
Not a good work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILOctober 23, 2017
Northshore is an okay for your first job. Learn as much as you can, then start looking for a better job. Manage is cut throat. They will Lie, and it will come down to your word vs theirs. HR will ALWAYS side with management. Even if you're right, you're
wrong. Favoritism is so ingrained in this organization, words can not discribe. I worked in Glenbrook, as a registered nurse.
Pros
Most doctors
Cons
Management!!! No question, Awful
Productive and fun
Power of Attorney (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILOctober 18, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Evanston Hospital. The productivity in the department was great and gave me a purpose to understand more about the importance of customer service in a healthcare environment.
Pros
Great team players
Cons
No recognition for job well done.
Hard to travel to multiple locations
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, ILOctober 17, 2017
Unless you like to drive.
Dont do it! Its very stressful going to multiple sites.
Otherwise its a great job. And very good benefits as well. Management is poorly run
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Traveling. Management
Nice place to work.
Resource Spanish Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILOctober 17, 2017
My work there was very satisfying and my coworkers and staff very nice and professional. I would happily continue working there. The atmosphere was friendly.
Amazing employer
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYOctober 6, 2017
I loved working for this company. The job was great and very satisfying. Every day would either be Working in kitchen, tray line filling patients trays for orders, Delivering and returning tray trucks to all units within hospital, day and evening shifts, dish duty, cleaning and kitchen sanitation, Stocking and organizing truck deliveries in storage room. I learned a lot about hospitals and food service and would love to have another job in the same field and working for a hospital.
Cons
Cut throat competition for other peoples jobs
Good Place to work
Glenbrook ED (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILSeptember 26, 2017
Northshore University is a great place to work. I asked for Full time job but didn't get it. They avoid full timers .Got Insurance but it was part time and was expensive. Fast pace job in the ED.
Great
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2017
Great place to start and finish. Plenty of movement opportunities within the system. You can work from downtown to Vernon hills with plenty of options .
Supply Chain Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILSeptember 25, 2017
During my work experience at Northshore, I was fortunate enough to have experienced firsthand and learned, many different sides of what goes into a project, the general process of how a project is initially planned, developed and completed; as well as how much work.
Great place to work and learn. Great team work.
Excellent place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILSeptember 24, 2017
NorthShore is a wonderful place to work! My work environment is one that is centered around working as a team and that allows everyone’s talents to flourish. NorthShore's desire to cultivate each of our employees’ skills has been very impressive to me.Working for NorthShore has been empowering and positive, no matter what the work is that I’m doing. I am very grateful for all of the experience I have gained working for this company!
Pros
The people and environment keep you motivated and accountable, the challenging work allows you to be creative and to see the value you add daily, the culture is open and forgiving, seeing mistakes and errors as opportunities to learn and grow.
Learned so much from the compant
Simulation and Innovation Summer Leadership (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILSeptember 21, 2017
I was an intern over the summer. I maintained a working medication knowledge of new techniques, technologies and concepts to develop new innovative ideas into a final project.
busy,stressfull,
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILSeptember 19, 2017
North shore is a proactive work environment. It is a very busy 4 hospital system in a very competitive field. It is a very busy work environment that encourages self motivation.
Pros
North shore encourages advancement of current employees
Cons
The pay is minimal compared to the growth and stress of the hospital
Great Company
Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILSeptember 5, 2017
Northshore University is amazing great opportunities to learn and grow. Great work/ life balance. They offer ways to earn CME's and the cardiologists are nice to work with.
Call Center Environment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILAugust 21, 2017
It's an okay place to work, it's even better if you're not a new mother! There's more flexibility for the agents than for those who work in operations. The position that I hold lacks the flexibility that some may require as a new Mother. In this position one would have to leave the department to advance their career unless they want to become a manager. In reference to upper management, there is always room for improvement. Overall I enjoy the people that I work with they are smart and helpful; my direct manager is more then knowledgeable, capable and fair.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Turn Over
Productive and Fun
Insurance Follow-up Representative (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILAugust 16, 2017
North Shore University Health System is a Good Place to work.
My Co-workers are great people. Flexible Work Hours. Transportation
services are great.
Patient centered
Surgical Phy (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, ILAugust 15, 2017
Patient centered to a fault. Everyone so concerned about making sure the patient is given everything they ask for. This is a hospital not a hotel. Management is ridiculous and everyone plays the same game.
Diverse culture
Manager, Ambulatory Case Management (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILAugust 14, 2017
Very diverse staff with many different backgrounds. Positive management culture and coaching to advance. Enjoy working with patients and physicians on a daily basis.
Staff is great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILAugust 2, 2017
co-workers are like family, Doctors are amazing. Some days are bad as with any other company. Benefits are ok. Extremely organized company. Many locations to choose from. Company matches up to 4% for 401-K
Work is repetitive and easy to understand but management won't let you believe that
HR Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILJuly 14, 2017
For what is essentially a glorified customer service/data entry position, management really tries to baby you through everything as if you're incapable of using a computer and relaying information to people. Plus, it doesn't matter how good your time management skills might be, they'll make sure to micromanage you until you just can't take any more.