Northside Hospital & Tampa Bay Heart Institute

Northside Hospital & Tampa Bay Heart Institute Employee Reviews in United States

Love who I work with but staffing is a dangerous nightmare
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLFebruary 15, 2016
I've been with Northside for over 4 years now, beginning as a CNA and finally I am an RN. Northside has an excellent culture and has some of the most amazing nurses and that's why I have stayed for so long. Unfortunately, understaffing issues make the hospital a dangerous environment for both staff and clients. I am frequently placed in understaffing issues that make me fear for my license and my patient's well being and that's terrifying. You spend a lot of time at school learning about advocating for patient's and providing thorough, safe care and this hospital does not provide us the tools we need to give it. Heartbreaking!
Pros
Great team to work with - I love the staff!
Cons
Seriously and dangerously understaffed
A great place to work
EVS Assist. (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FL.August 13, 2015
You have to be a Team player in any job, but I feel in the hospital enviroment it is a major importance because you are dealing with all kinds of situations. My co-workers were always willing to lend a hand. I very much enjoyed the interaction between my self and the patients. It made my day to put a smile on someons face. By dealing with so many different individuals,both patients and co-workers, I enjoyed learning about so many different cultures, I thrived on that because I was taught something new everyday.
Great people....
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLApril 20, 2015
Northside has a great Respiratory Team!! All of the therapists at night get along well with their crews and they all work hard. ER is busy busy busy. Work load is not good...sometimes it is a little scary as to how many patients you are supposed to see. Management leaves something to be desired. However, all in all good place to work...just not for the lazy.
Pros
Helpful friendly staff
Cons
Poor management in RT dept.
Older staff
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 6, 2015
The respiratory department is made up of older people who have little to no advanced training. They do as little as possible and spend a lot of time in the department watching tv.
overworked
Patient Care Tech (Current Employee) –  St. PetersburgDecember 6, 2014
Understaffed and overworked. From the RN'S to Techs. Needs more help. Company doesn't seem to care for employees. ..... Good pay for PRN though
Pros
prn pay high
Cons
understaffed & overworked
Hospital culture is horrible
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 20, 2014
Overworked with inadequate time for patient care. Patient assignments too large to safely manage.
Fantastic Heart Team
Lead Tech in Cardiovasular Operating Department (Former Employee) –  ocala, flMarch 18, 2014
Great co-workers
Wonderful Managers
Surgeons are so well trained