Northside Hospital Employee Reviews

Great company
Environmental Services Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GANovember 15, 2017
Great place to work, training is great, employees are willing to assist and help you. I personally want to have a desk job with weekends & holidays off.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Short breaks, manadtory flu shots
Caring professionals dedicated to health and wellness
Registered Nurse, Medical Surgical Unit (Current Employee) –  Forsyth, GANovember 15, 2017
Northside is so much more than just a hospital.
It’s an extensive network of state-of-the-art facilities staffed with skilled, caring professionals who are dedicated to the health and wellness of the communities they serve. Compassionate support, personal guidance and uncompromising standards to our patients in their journeys toward health of body and mind.  To ensure innovative and unsurpassed care for our patients, we are dedicated to maintaining our position as regional leaders in select medical specialties.  And to enhance the wellness of our community, we commit ourselves to providing a diverse array of educational and outreach programs
Sterile work environment.
Educator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 15, 2017
I’ve worked at northside for 5 years. They take advantage of employees who get promoted within the company and exploit their pay. I was once offered a job that paid $12 less an hour than the previous employee made.
Inviting atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INNovember 13, 2017
Always friendly, but not the greatest with time and money management. When things were moving along they were great, but after that things became stagnant and repetitive.
Pros
Free lunches. Inviting atmosphere
Cons
Slow, stagnant, repetitive
Pretty good place to work
Medicare Biller/Collection Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2017
Northside hospitals salary is very competitive and benefits,are OK. They encourage employee participation in community service and they give back as well
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Stressful
Pre Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2017
The management style here is amazing. They are understanding, and knows there job! They are passionate about what they do which helps them excel in their role.
Customer Service friensly
Unit Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2017
Great place to work, very diverse culture, great hours, willing to work with your schedule, management team wonderful. Work load is very balance. Warm and friendly environment.
Pros
enviroment
Cons
traffic
A great company to work for
Central Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2017
I enjoy being apart of Northside Hospital Family for the last 14yrs, it thrills me to be a problem solver, I like ordering supplies and replenishing cart
Pros
Job security
Cons
working with fear and stress
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Northside cumming, GANovember 6, 2017
I have been working almost 7 years as a PRN then resource . in the past I requested full time job for may times but I was rejected then I gave up to request more because I knew that I was under discrimination and it was fruitless to insist more. I don't have a good health converge even though I have been working may hours per weeks and covering a lot of shifts no matter days or night based on their needs. However they always treat some therapists with high respect and some like slave. it is very shame that I am helpless and nobody care about some staffs like me.
Workplace Culture
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2017
There are a lot of incentives for working for this company. The hospital staff is family oriented. Management makes sure everyone stays on their A game.
Good work environment
Collections Specialist, High-Value Claims (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2017
This job was very challenging but learn everything from here as far my work experience very professional management was helpful so where the coworkers I would work their again
Great place to work!
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2017
Great Hospital! Some of the best people work there. There is plenty of room for advancement. They are expanding all over Georgia. The benefits are top notch.
Benefits
Equality is unheard of at Northside.
Accounts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2017
It's a company that treats people unequally. It depends on the color if your skin as to how you're treated. it's not based on what you know but who you know.
Busy unit
Staff Nurse, FT (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30342November 1, 2017
Stressful, busy unit, typically have to rotate between normal delivery, high risk antepartum, OR and PACU. Often work without breaks. Must bid for vacation time 18 months in advance.
There was always something interesting to see and learn, but I loved the comradery.
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2017
A typical twelve hour shift would start off busy but as time passed it slowed down enough for us to catch our breath and get ready for next group.We all got along and worked hard as a team to take care of patients and there needs.It brought a smile to my face when i knew that we did all we could and helped.It was great to send patients home with a remedy to his / her issues. I also learned a lot from all of the staff.
Pros
The time flew because we were so busy.
Cons
It was bad when we sometimes had drunk and combative patients.
Excellent teaching hospital
Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 31, 2017
Northside Hospital is the first job I had received an offer from after graduating from school and achieving my license. It has been nothing but a blessing considering they are a teaching hospital, and that was the biggest advantage I had received from the beginning. In order to work here you need patience and must be very willing to teach and help others to achieve the goal of giving the patient excellent care and a better quality of life to the best of your ability.
great place to work
Room Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2017
By far the best company I ever worked for. If I didn't relocate, I would have never left. Plenty of advancement, overtime, great benefits and a great work enviroment
Unappreciated, underpaid, depressing, no breaks
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAOctober 30, 2017
My typical day at work would be providing care for patients', documenting vitals, care, changes. Assisting with meals, personal hygiene. The 4th floor has changed; since we moved to the new location. It is more like a mental/nursing facility.
Benefits
Cons
breaks, advancement, transfers, appreciations, negitive enviroment
good company to work for
Senior ITSM Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2017
good company to work for. ITSM implementation not what I expected. focus is on healthcare knowledge as opposed to IT best practice. difficulty with clearly identifying decisionmakers.
Flexible scheduling.
Surgical Services Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAOctober 28, 2017
This is a fast paced environment but highly rewarding. Northside offers medical and dental insurance for full and part time employees. The scheduling is flexible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northside Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.