Northside Hospital Employee Reviews

Employed For 17 years
Patient Access Representative/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAAugust 8, 2016
Excellent company to work for , Heavy Patient Admissions, Collections, and Customer Service, Excellent Teaching Program for Department Needs in house Training Classes.

Most enjoyable part of My job was working and helping the patient's , the relationships I formed was my upmost achievement and what I took from the years I worked at Northside.

Excellent benefits, and support from co workers , felt like more like family than working in some area's .Some areas not so much,

Every job has it complications and co workers that give problems and management in some area's that do not support thier workers but overall In my experience Northside has some of the best employees, Doctors and Nurses in the world.
Pros
Patient Care is Number one
Cons
Lack of Supervisor Support In Area's
Very short stafffed, an unsafe work environment.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAAugust 12, 2016
This position is nothing like I thought it would be. I was not given a full job description until after I was hired. We are constantly short staffed, causing multiple 16 hour days. We almost daily, have to deal with combative psychiatric, intoxicated or over dose patients. Immediate supervisors are great and do their best to get us through the day. Upper management is currently void, due to being relieved of duty for unknown reasons. Most of my co-workers are former law enforcement, so we get along very well and do as much as possible to back each other up. The medical staff are awesome and try to help us out with combative patients as much as they are allowed. The hardest part of this job is constantly having to detain and combat patients being held, "by law" against their free will. The most enjoyable part of the job is making admitted patients, visitors and medical staff feel that they are in a safe environment.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
I do not feel that I am safe, due to lack of personel and back up.
productive work place
Building Maintenance Engineer, Plant Operations (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GANovember 12, 2016
great place to work, every morning we would have a meeting to discuss the days work orders. every day i learned how to fix something new. my management was great with helping you if any thing came to an issue with the work you need to accomplish.
the co-workers were and i had radio communication so we were always contacting each outer. the hardest part of the job was the drive i had to take to get to work on a good day im looking at 1 hr and 45 minutes one way and on a bad day 3 hrs easy going home.
the best part about the job is the work environment from patients to the team morality. always so much energy and positive smiles around.
Diverse work place
Environmental Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAAugust 26, 2016
I enjoy working with the patients. Co-workers are all wonderful.
Practice my customer service skills daily while preforming refreshes in the patients rooms.
Provide discharge cleaning.
Pros
Patients, co-workers and benefits are great.
Cons
Restructuring of management has made the position conditions undesirable.
Love the schedule here
Lead Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2016
Love the three on and 4 off work week. Everyday was something different.A chance to learn something new from doctors and nurses. I would say management needs to be better with interacting with the team in the emergency room.
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement
Disappointed
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2016
I am not impressed with how this organization is run. Although it is a beautiful edifice the inner workings are scary. From high turn over rates to lack luster management, you definitely cannot judge a book by its cover.
Pros
Salary
Cons
management
Great commany, bad management
Pathology Laboratory Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 15, 2016
The company is an awesome place to work. Unfortunately, the management of the lab is horrible causing the culture of the lab to be oppressive and unproductive.
Rehabilitation Department
Rehabilitation Employee (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2016
Management is terrible. There is so much tension and favoritism in this department. A number of employees have quit. Something needs to be done. They require their full-time staff to work weekends, when they have a number of PRN staff. Is that not what the PRN staff is for. The PRN staff is there during the week so much, I am starting to think they are full time staff. Then their full-time staff ends up struggle for productivity. Then they want the therapist to cut corners. Quantity over Quality. Getting called in the office for any little thing. The supervisors pick and choose who they want to harass. It's just terrible. The remaining staff should get out while they can unless you've been there 25+ years.
Pros
Meeting New People, Patients
Cons
Supervisor/Managment (favoritism), they will not listen to the employees
Perimeter North Woodstock
Ma (Former Employee) –  PNFMWOctober 12, 2016
Steer clear of this place! The nurses run the show here, very poor management from day one. If you want to be constantly beat down, talked down to, treated like an animal and work with crooked co workers this is where you need to be! Also, DO NOT report bullying, wrong doing, or anything that's wrong to upper management, YOU will be in the loss-trust me! These "nurses" tell private information and make hurtful comments about many of the patients and clearly violate hippa! This is an office full of hateful, no teamwork, back stabbing women! Run fast!!!!!!
Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2016
Successfully lead my staff to pass rigid weekly, monthly, and quarterly documented visual inspections while keeping upper management informed.
Maintain daily project work schedules and lesson plans for the full and part-time employees.
Train all new hires and retrain existing employees on proper cleaning procedures through hands on and visual aids to ensure all employees receive their yearly competence test and complete all computer based lessons.
Work well under pressure at a fast pace while providing timely solutions.
Discipline and evaluation of staff by knowledge of the policies and procedures of the employee handbook.
Participate in the Department of Labor Hearings
Productive and fun place to work
Accountant One Staffing (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GANovember 16, 2016
Northside Hospital was an all around pleasant place to work. The staff was very nice and helpful when training or when I asked day to day questions. The management team was excellent on feed back and acknowledging accomplishments of individual achievements.
Pros
You make your own schedule, you work as a team, management is friendly
Cons
reports have deadlines that must be met or you will have to stay over some days.
Good place, nice co-workers
Registered Nurse, Oncology Unit (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2016
Good employer, but did not experience there was any room for advancement. Management was OK but not sure how they view the work of the employees and how much is appreciated. However good compensation package and acceptable patient load.
Productive and reliable place to work
Revenue Cycle Training Team QA Auditor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta North, GAApril 19, 2016
Awesome area to work in.
Job security
Dependable upper management.
Willing Staff for training.
Reliable CEO and processes.
Extra precautions for safety.
No smoking zone.
Pros
Training
Cons
Advancement/Salary
Job can receive improvements
Medicare Billing/collections Billing Clerk II) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2016
Management can impvore.
Benefits are good
This is a very fast pace, high volume and very stressful job environment. This is all I have to say. Thank you.
Great healthcare for patients
Radiological Technologist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2016
It will definitely depend on what your job, position, and department you work in to determine your level of satisfaction with your job at Northside. There are so many layers of management, you frequently don't even know who to report to. The hospital gives out pads of paper, pens and a little toiletry kit to each patient, but don't count on the hospital to get you supplies or equipment you need to do your job as efficiently as you should. It is all about image and what looks good to the public, but they don't know that some of the equipment being used is definitely out of its prime. Nurses are treated the best and are often given appreciation luncheons or outside dinners and special appreciation. There are so many different people in so many departments, the hospital probably just can't recognize each department the same.
You will rarely be allowed to work any overtime and the salary is not at the top of the market for the Atlanta area. It is not the lowest either.
Pros
Safe environment to work in, lots of security, clean facility, great patient care
Cons
Too many managers, very political environment to work in, Rarely get appreciated for the job you do
Galen Advisors
PATIENT ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJuly 2, 2016
Decent job, advancement isn't stifled, decent work life balance. All in all this is a good place to work to start your career and establish yourself in the medical billing field.
Stressful Work Environment
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJune 6, 2016
I loved the MD I worked for but overall Management was not competent. Over worked and underpaid staff does produce happy employees.
Pros
MD's on staff excellent
Cons
short breaks or no breaks, long hours
my 36 years in hospital setting
Surgical Scheduler Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2016
Its a great place to learn and work for.
One must have the passion to work with people who are already
scared, due to their conditions no matter how small or how severe.
must have the attitude to know that everyone has a story regarding their situation.
Management was amazing, especially in the departments I worked or communicated with. Open door Policy was always extended and very helpful to all employees.
My co-workers were fantastic, it was worth coming to work and seeing and being part of an extended family.
the hardiest part of the job was retiring.
the most enjoyable part of the job, was meeting and talking to various people from all walks of life. I may not have been to their home land, or state, yet we made each other know their customs as they learned ours.
Pros
every holiday had off yet I worked so others with children could be off
Cons
really nothing to complain about.
not a good place to work if you seek advancement
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2016
My coworkers were the absolute BEST!! Management on the other hand is by far the worst, they act friendly for about a month, this place is all about who you know and kiss up to. They do not honor good work ethic and only certain ethnicities do certain jobs. It's all about money and politics! Don't waste your time or be influence by the name!
Pros
co workers!!!
Cons
management, lack of advancement
Northside Review
OR Charge/Preceptor Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2016
Training and staff accountability, operating room circulating. Very fast paced and wonderful co-workers. Difficult part of my job was staff was accustomed to getting their way with previous and existing management.
Pros
Good organization
Cons
Some managerial pitfalls due to inexperienced managerial staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northside Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.