Northside Hospital Employee Reviews

Enjoyed every minute of my time at Northside Hospital.
Secretary Scheduler/O.R. Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2013
A typical day would include getting together with the nurses and management to compile reports, employee time cards/adjustments. I learned that everyone is not on the same page as you are. The hardest part was understanding that working in an operating room wasn't easy. The professionalism of the physicians was top notch. The most enjoyable part was observing how our patients and families were satisfied with our caregiving and empathy for each other. And a disappoint doesn't make who you are. Enjoyed meeting and greeting our staff, patients and family each day.
Pros
employee awards dinners, employee leadership involvement
Cons
not everyone is where you are
Fun work staff
medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Perimeter North Family Medicine in Woodstock, GaAugust 27, 2015
A typical day is pretty enjoyable. I love my co-workers and patients. We were an independent office until August of 2013 when we officially became a part of Northside Hospital. The overall management for Northside overall is great. In my office not so much. Also I have been here since 2011 and hadn't gotten a raise for 3+yrs. I also drive an hour to and from work everyday. The hardest part of the job is the commute and the pay. The most enjoyable part is having the familiarity with my patients b/c I've been here for so long. I've seen big kids who used to be little kids, patients ask about my children and vice versa.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
far commute for me, low pay
I have leaned some excellent skills at this hospital.
catering assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 30, 2013
A typical day at work would be to pull your floors diet census and to label all allergies according to each patient with red label sticker. then I build my food cart according to what each patient order. Then I would pass my food trays out on the floor.

I leaned about all diets. Management was great. My employees was great to work with. I hardest part of the job was the challenge of making sure each diet was correct before I left the kitchen. I never desired to give patient the wrong diet.

The most enjoyable part of this job is that everyone was team player a had good attitudes at work.
Pros
i would like another job like this when i relcate.
Cons
fun at work sometime when it streesfull.
Good place for experience, terrible place to work
X-ray technologist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2012
I loved it there when I was a new graduate and needed experience. The micromanaging was horrible. The pay was ok. The hospital itself is a great hospital if you are a patient there. Working there was a nightmare. It was very busy all the time and management was horrible. the new manager there was not certified and had no idea how to be an effective manager. They nitpicked at me until i quit. they would write you up for stupid things and stuff that was not even your fault. how ever patient care was good. co-workers were a hit or miss. very cutthroat environment. very stressful. one manager quit because of the stress level.
Pros
good patient care
Cons
horrible management, very stressful place to work
absolutely loved this job and hated to leave it
psych/chemical dependency stafff RN (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 9, 2015
Worked with another RN/LPN during orientation and then worked as sole RN with an excellent tech. Worked seven on, seven off 12 hr night shifts. Responsible for all admits/discharges, med distribution, ER assessments and chart audits. Also 15 minute watches on suicidal patient(s) and vital sign checks on new detox admits. Morning rounds with physicians and staff reporting before leaving shift.
Pros
loved the variety and knowledge gained and shift worked great for lifestyle at that time
Cons
unable to find nighshift childcare once my son was born
I think for someone just out of school--Northside is a great place to learn.
Lead / Staff C.T Technologist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2014
Northside Hospital allowed my learning process to continue in the areas of management, personnel relationship and real verses un-real expectations. My time at Northside taught me that there are great managers and there are good managers; now that I have seen the difference, I strive harder to some day becoming a great manager. The staff and other employees were great to work with and I feel I have made life long friends. The hardest part of my stay at Northside was understanding the nature of office politics and the difficulties associated with pretending.
Pros
learning atmosphere.
Cons
true accountability.
RUN
radiology scheduler (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2015
I worked for radiology scheduling and if i could turn back time I would not even applied for that position. I was told after 3 months I would get benefits, and did not. On certain days you may not even get a break. you have to write your name on a board just to go to the bathroom.Then when you do get a job in another department, management will do anything to make sure you stay in the scheduling department. The hourly salary is very good, but the bad that comes with it is def not worth it.
Pros
great hourly pay
Cons
management, no lunches/breaks, DRAMA, no room for advancement.
Love my job but am looking for additional part time work closer to home.
Registered Nurse, Staff (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2015
I travel every weekend to Atlanta to work three 12 hour night shifts. I am a charge nurse in the normal newborn nursery and provide supervision of care for up to 20 newborns. I love my job and really have no plans to resign. I would like to pick up additional part time work a little closer to home and would perhaps consider full time in later years if and when traveling to Atlanta becomes too difficult.
Pros
excellent co-workers, excellent working conditions, excellent salary.
Cons
over two hours from home which requires staying overnight in atlanta every weekend.
Nice and outgoing workplace
Data Entry Specialist, Surgical Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2013
Once I arrive to work i log into my computer. Go and collect my Post-op surgery cases for the day and prepare entering the data into the system from the cases.I've learned how and where the data goes into the system from the Post-op and GI cases.There is no pressure everyone is pleasant and friendly. There are no specific hard parts of the job, although when the computers are down or running slow that slows down the productivity for the time frame in completing the amount of cases that are requested within the work day. Doing the work itself.
Pros
salary, hours and flexiblity
Cons
temporary position
Some Managers showed favoritism.
Patient Access Representative Out Patient Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 24, 2015
Management should not come by seniority, The person should be qualified. A degree would be nice, if not at least let that person be a good fit for the position. I witnessed if a manager does not like you they would start picking until either you quit, your so uncomfortable and make mistakes, or they just get rid of you over frivolous reasons.
Pros
Patient interaction worked for me because I loved talking to people
Cons
My coworkers and I felt like we were being treated children.
Important part of job was keping people and babies safe.
Hospital Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2013
I patrolled the hospital and when assigned the Women's Center. I answered alarms for the HUGS System dealing with babies. Picked up and delivered patient's valuables. Conducted investigations and wrote reports when needed. Checked for, correct and reported safety hazards. Patrolled the exterior of the hospital in the security vehicle. Performed vehicle assists for patient's, visitor's and employees. When assigned to Control Center, was responsible for insuring that all calls coming into the center by phone and radio was handled promptly. Dispatced officer's to locations inside and outside the hospital when they were needed.
Pros
getting to help people.
Cons
management
Great Organization
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2015
A typical day at work consist of shipping and receiving over 700 packages and processing them to all the different departments throughout, learned how to operate a new receiving tracking system to make our day to day workload more efficient, co-workers are team members who assist with heavy lifting and tracking packages, the hardest part of the job is locating packages that haven't been received in a timely fashion that the departments are requesting when our carriers haven't delivered them. I enjoy the relationship that I have with my coworkers and we interact as family.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Northside Hospital was not at all consistent with their treatment of their employees. All were not treated equally. The rules and protocols changed
Staff Mammography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta GAAugust 21, 2013
Northside did not provide consistent treatment with all their employees. Each employees individual circumstances dictated how disciplinary action was taken based on the same set of errors that had occurred with other technologists. Management demonstrated favoritism toward older employees or part time employees. Rules and consequences were changed on a daily basis which made it difficult for everyone to know what to expect or how to provide their best patient service.
Pros
good salary and benefits
Cons
inconsistent management.
Atlanta campus
PCT (Former Employee) –  Anywhere in the HospitalOctober 11, 2014
After 38 yrs of Being in the Health care line of work NSH has made me realize that I truly chose the WRONG profession!
Completely INAPPROPRIATE Managers/Supervisors in the way they act, dress, talk to their employees, are non-professional, and in general care only about the ALMIGHTY dollar!
Would not recommend this place to anyone
Pros
some of the older co-workers not the newer ones
Cons
short to no breaks, spoken down to constantly, outwardly expected to concentrate on numbers & not the "customer"
Great Hospital to Work For
In-House Sitter (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAJune 12, 2013
I've learned quite a lot since being employed here. I love interacting with the patients keeping them company. I love the supervisors on day and night shift.I love working at Northside.
I wish I could be offered some benefits since I work a lot there, but overall no complaints here.
The hardest part of the job is working the night shift, you do get tired, bit has it's reward in the end.
The easiest part, interacting with patients is the best
Pros
great employees, helpful staff, rotate around the hospital
Cons
no benefits
All packaging is not good.
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Forsyth, GeorgiaOctober 3, 2011
What an amazingly gorgeous enviroment to work. It's unfortunate that Northside has a micro management style. I also found that the diversity si strickly for show. This is a true Southern work place that has not let go of its 1960s way of thinking.
I was extremely excited to be a part of this organization until my eyes were open to their true nature. It only took three months for me to throw in the towel.
Pros
beautiful enviroment
Cons
diversity

Comment – March 15, 2012

Wow, I would document everything on a daily basis. People who act like that are a disgrace to the world..

Work Overload
MA (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GADecember 18, 2015
The office staff was very friendly. However, you do not get the proper training once hired. When working one-on-one with a physician, you have to all the work. Plus, when unstaffed you have to your duties and other the absent staff members. Northside should have adequate staff on-call and more staff handle offices needs. Over worked and overwhelming!!!
Pros
Was able to learn new career skills to enhance my experience in the medical field.
Cons
Not enough time for lunch and require to do data in a short time frame.
Productive and fun place to work.
Evening Chef (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2013
I arrive. Put on chef coat and hat and begin my process of preparing meals for the evening rush of employees and visitors to the hospital. I was the only cook in the evening. No assistant. I loved the rush.
Management was a little flakey but overall okay.
My co-workers were helpful and courteous.
Lifting the sixty pounds containers. and traveling the long distance to work.
Overall most of my job was very enjoyable.
Pros
the pay was okay. a chance for advancement.
Cons
not enough time off. couldn't attend church.
Fun place to work with excellent management
Registered Nurse, PRN - Pre-op, PACU and IV Team (Current Employee) –  Forsyth, GAMay 15, 2013
I absolutely love working for Northside hospital. My work there is very rewarding. My co-workers are skilled, team players. Unfortunately, they are unable to give me the 2-3 days a week that I need, so I am currently looking for a PRN or Part Time position that can give me a few consistent days every week.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
not able to get enough hours (16-24) per week that i need
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg FloridaJune 15, 2015
I begin my day doing vitals and checking blood sugars assisting with breakfast then giving any showers and/or bed baths that are needed change bed linen im usually working the floor alone but when there is help my co workers are very helpful the hardest part about the job is having to care for 22-24 patients and don't make it to everyone.
Pros
Advancement great pay
Cons
Short Staffed