Northside Hospital

Northside Hospital Employer Reviews

Productive and Fun
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2014
Learned Alot
— Inventory management and storage, complete appropriate documentation, such as labels, log sheets and reports
— Enforces company policy on documentation of IV admixture, cleanroom protocol, sterility testing, , and remedial sterile action
— Daily duties such as compounding batch of sterile and non-sterile, anesthetics, TPN, oncology, neonatal – more... pharmacy, and other narcotics. Needle and Needless system
— Product preparation, compounding sterile products, and maintaining the pharmacy clean room suite to 797 requirements – less
It's ok
Support Tech (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2014
A lot of management issues. Ok employees. Need better benefits.
Excellent working environment.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2014
Excellent team spirit prevails at all time in the facility, dedicated to achieve 100% patient satisfaction.
housekeeper
Lead Support Tech (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2014
Pros: the jobs
Cons: some of the managers
nice place to work co worker were like family cleaned rooms and nurseries made sure lobbies and restrooms stayed cleaned for vistors loved talking to the patients and the babies
Great Job, Good people, Great expierience!
Collector/A/R (Current Employee), Sandy Springs, GAMay 19, 2014
Pros: great job, great benifits and work with great people
Cons: upper managment has no clue what upper management is doing.
Working as a team can be challenging yet rewarding when everyone is on the same page. My co-workers were a blast to work with but too many changes in management makes it difficult to do the job properly.
Meeting different people
Catering Associate (Current Employee), Canton, GAMay 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch or breakfast
Cons: long work hours
When I first started here it was okay, I had already worked in a hospital environment before, I feel that it is time for me to explore other job opportunities at this time.
Scheduler 1 Radiology Department (Current Employee), Cumming, GAMay 1, 2014
Busy fast paced environment. Checking in multiple patients through out the day. Constantly changing.
Hard-Work And Loyalty
Support Tech/ Pathology Laboratory Technical Aide (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2014
All-around great worker.Management and co-workers love to work with a me. Being in pathology we did autopsy,log specimens in computer for pathologist like fibroid,uterus,breast etc.
Great place to work; non stressful
Cardiac Cath Lab Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2014
Pros: friendly environment; pay scale is great; call schedule is durable
Great place to work; non stressful; management listens to employees concerns; 10 hr days; on call schedule durable
HIDE
Laboratory Technician Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2014
I WORK WITH WONDERFUL CO-WORKERS AND HAVE LEARNED A LOT IN THE PAST YEARS THAT I HAVE BEEN EMPLOYED AT THIS FACILITY.
Learning experience
Clinical Student (Former Employee), Macon, GAApril 11, 2014
Clinical at Northside hospital was great. I was taught everything i needed to know far as hand on.
great enviorment
Patient Care Technician/Unit Secretary, Med/Surg (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: short lunch breaks
although I love the people i work with and the enviorment, you do not get alot of experiance here because they do not allow techs to do alot like place catheters or draw blood and nurse's cannot hang their own blood or place their own iv's so if you work here long you will not remember how to do alot of things. unless you work in ER or ICU.
Working in a Level III NICU at a delivery Hospital
Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2014
This unit is a 130 bed Level III NICU. Most days were hectic and busy, but I loved it! I went on deliveries, cared for infants that required Thermal cooling, NO delivery by HFOV. Taught mothers to breastfeed there preterm infants. My co-workers were the best of the best. Eager to learn and to assist. I was a preceptor of new nurses working in a NICU. – more... I was Charge nurse where I managed the unit for the day, from assignments, to talking with families that had concerns about the care of there infant. The hardest part of this job was the death of an infant. The most enjoyable part was seeing parents taking home there baby and thanking you. – less
Great place to work and advance career
Clinical Care Associate/ Monitor Tech (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2014
Up's and down's, all things considered great place to work. Teamwork is ok, could be better on some units.
It was a job
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working with my co-workers
Cons: the coordinator
Call patients to vertify their demographics and insurance was correct.
Hardest part of the job was working under the coordinator.
Physical labor
Central Distribution Tech (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2014
-Delivered heavy infant carts to different floors
-Stock medical supplies into Pryxis Machines
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2014
Very nice place to work. The staff can be really friendly. Sometimes the patient load was heavy but their was team helpers.
It is a great hospital to work for
Admissions Insurance Verification Counselor (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 17, 2014
It's a job that starts at 6:30am and it can get very busy some days. Great coworker to work with all the time. Management can be a little more understanding about family. The hardest part of the job is a lot of paper work and even the patient think so as well. Meeting new people is the most enjoyable part of my job.
This was a wonderful place to work
Patient Access Lead (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: one of the best companies to work for.
Cons: hate that i left.
This was a wonderful place to work and I found myself moving up the ladder here, the only reason why I had to leave was due to it being so far from where I stayed. Driving from Lithonia to almost Alpharetta was a long way to try and be on time with major traffic.
Great people to work with
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 15, 2014
Pros: lots of friends
Cons: very busy, no lunch breaks sometimes
I have worked at NSH for 18 years. I have made so many friends and have learned how to be a great nurse. My experience has been invaluable.

About Northside Hospital

The Northside Hospital System comprises three not-for-profit, full-service community hospitals. With more than 2,500 physicians – Read more