Northside Hospital Employee Reviews

Hardest part of the job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 11, 2017
Hardest part of the job is working short on a constant basis. When your dealing with a full floor of patients which could be 30*33 patients. Being the only tech on the floor makes it difficult to provide quality patient care.
Chaplain
Chaplain Resident (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2017
Facilitated patient care sessions to establish connections with health-care team to improve clients’ hospital stay and health outcomes. Collaborated with social workers, case managers and discharged facilitators within the Emergency Room (ER) to identify various aspects of the patient and family needs.
Innovastive workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2017
Meeting expecting Mother's before delivery and after gives a whole The staff at Northridge truly values their employees. From incentives to advancement opportunities.
Pros
Long time employment-safety net
Cons
Zero
Patient Access Lead
Patient Access Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2017
Overworked and underpaid the cut throat politics of the admissions department to keep a job was a job in itself.

While I worked there the operations coordinator wanted me to address and embarrass other employees when addressing disciplinary issues. Stay away from the Cherokee Campus, if you plan on applying do so at the Forsyth and Atlanta Campus.
no words right now
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2017
busy night, learned alot about Bariatric patients, I work on the Med/Surg Bariatric general surgery floor, management ok, co-workers ok, hardest part is dealing with the pay....too little pay for too much work, most enjoyable is interacting with the patients
Pros
Cons
no comment
Productive fun place to have done clinicals at
LPN Student (Former Employee) –  Forsyth County, GAJanuary 4, 2017
Loved being able to be apart of Northside's team during my clinical rotation for nursing school. enjoyed the environment and the employees. most enjoyable part was being able to work together to take care of patients effectively.
Contract Worker
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJanuary 4, 2017
Great contract to implement Greenway, different management style. No room to grow.
No accountability for other employees.
Job provides a stream of income.
Floor Tech (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 3, 2017
Unfortunately, the company Mod-Tech has gone out of business, but I enjoyed working there and received great income to provide for my family.

I was a regular laborer, then moved to supervisor after about five years. A typical day could be full but very productive when we reached our quota.

I was trained in Lean Management, learned a lot about working with people types and people skills. I learned how to follow before I was able to lead others.

The workers and management were easy to work with because we worked as a team to complete a goal. The job became difficult when someone failed to work as a team member. The most enjoyable part of my job was making my quotas and not having safety issues in our department.
Pros
Promotions
Cons
Good benefits
Great employer for clinical positions
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2017
Highly rated employer for clinicians. Opportunity for improvement of middle management and daily operations in non clinical departments. No defined career paths and very low opportunity for promotion.
A day at Northside Hospital
Patient Access Representative / Business Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 1, 2017
I really like working at Northside even though it was through the temp service I really enjoyed working on the assignments they had me to go on.
Blood Bank supervisor finally stepped down
BLOOD BANK TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 29, 2016
Finally the blood bank supervisor has stepped aside. It's indescribable how many good people have left employment because of her.
Northside is pretty stable
Front Desk Secretary (Current Employee) –  Cancer InstituteDecember 28, 2016
Great company as far as job security. Very laid back atmosphere and they are very big on community. This company has a lot of great events. Just great
Pros
Job security, great benefits, laid back
Cons
some departments micro manage
Great company to advance career
Charge Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 28, 2016
This company is one of the best companies to work for. Management ok could use better training but this company has equal opportunities which is awesome.
Interesting place to work
Senior Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 27, 2016
Stable with flexible start/stop times...interesting culture...interesting management...interesting policies...benefits ok...have a pension if you stay for 5 years
no good
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHDecember 27, 2016
you always worry about loosing your job. bad management. no job security. it will probably close soon the way they are running it. getting rid of all their employees with over 20 years. .do not go there!
awesome place to work
Scanner Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30342December 27, 2016
I love working northside It is the same doing northside hospital work it just has a contract with northside. The people are great and mangment is awesome
I loved working there,rewarding.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 16, 2016
Very busy hospital with very demanding needs,but rewards and kudos given.I was introduced to critical care there and excelled due to the great teaching. It is a teaching hospital and I felt good to share my knowledge.
Pros
Rewards given for hard work
Cons
Many times understaffed.
Great place to work for
Purchasing Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2016
The hardest part about my job is seeing patients go through things. Management is great. Northside take great care of their employees.
A good place to work
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 9, 2016
I work in a clinic lab doing high complex assays everyday. the benefits are very good, especially with very low payment for dental and vision insurance, and the culture is very humanize,people are very nice to each other here, everybody would like to give help at any time.
Pros
Job is stable
Cons
not flexible
When looking for stability and growth NS would be the place
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GADecember 8, 2016
I loved my employment at northside, growth, training and stability is one of a kind. I would be honored to be able to returned to NS in a new capacity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northside Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.