Northside Hospital

Northside Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Avoid!!!
Food Services (Current Employee), Food ServicesJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
This is the worst place I have ever worked and it is all partly because of the management in the department. I have never worked in an environment where management does not want to see employees better themselves. If you have any ideas of using this job as a tool to get inside of Northside and hopes of bettering yourself this is not the department to do it. The director of the department will sell her soul to the Devil (and probably has) to keep you back. Management does not care about the employees that work in the food service industry and there is not an outlet for employees to go and speak with someone. HR is no help, they don't care about the employees either. If they really cared about employees they would listen to the employees and take a look at what is really going on inside that department. When every employee there is looking for a way out, it is not the person, it is the MANAGEMENT!!!! The turnover rate is extremely high!!! Something needs to be done about the awful management in this department.
Ability to grow with in the company
Reimbursement Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 23, 2014
I enjoyed the billing department and the cross training skills that I was allowed to grow with.
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 18, 2014
I like the work I did for this company and I have no review for this company
Great people to work with!
Senior Project Engineering Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 9, 2014
Opportunities are endless if you put the time and effort in.
Little room for growth
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Atalanta, GANovember 21, 2014
There seems to be very little room for growth in non clinical positions. Movement is slow and poorly compensated.However, the work environment is positive and enjoyable.
Great Place to work
Pastry Chef (Former Employee), Cumming, GANovember 14, 2014
Made great deserts such as bread pudding decorated cakes and famous cheesecake
Continuously busy and requires constant patient reviews.
Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2014
Highly demanding and not very flexible...Overall the environment does posses positive and great patient care. However, departmental changes as it relates to staffing is poor.
Patient Access
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 25, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: short staff
Check patient in, Check patient out, input insurance, primary holder information,co-payments, express checkin
Caring People
Sitter (Current Employee), Canton, GAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: always learning
Cons: no health insurance for sitters
Not just a place to earn a pay check. People really care patients and each other
work was hard most times
Clinical Supervisor - Medical Unit/Staff Nurse ER (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: always learning
Cons: felt rushed
As a supervisor work was challenging at times but overall experience was positive. As a staff nurse the work was hard most times, Co-workers were always helpful
Atlanta campus
PCT (Former Employee), Anywhere in the HospitalOctober 11, 2014
Pros: some of the older co-workers not the newer ones
Cons: short to no breaks, spoken down to constantly, outwardly expected to concentrate on numbers & not the "customer"
After 38 yrs of Being in the Health care line of work NSH has made me realize that I truly chose the WRONG profession!
Completely INAPPROPRIATE Managers/Supervisors in the way they act, dress, talk to their employees, are non-professional, and in general care only about the ALMIGHTY dollar!
Would not recommend this place to anyone
n/a
Human Resources Staffing Assistant/Secretary (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2014
great temp job paid weekly
given credit card, hour lunch
good parking
Northside Hospital is a great place to work.
Patient Care Tech II (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: good pay, benefits.
Cons: more help needed, long 12 hour shifts
A typical day at Northside is a fast pace environment that teaches you how to mange your time during the course of your shift. Supervisor's of the management team help and answer question that you my have to assist in your advancement of the job you hold at Northside Hospital. My co-workers are very helpful showing the new workers the way of the floor.
low morale among nurses
registered nurse (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: met some nice people
Cons: low pay, crazy work schedule, no breaks
I worked PACU. No breaks, constant heavy flow of patients, standing on your feet for hours. No room for growth. Many times I was sent home early and did not get my 40hr work week therefore my paycheck was always short. Management had their favorites.
Fun work environment
Registered Nurse- Extended Recovery Unity- Care (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2014
12 hour shifts, great coworkers, low pay scale considering experience and expertise
overalll the hospital is a great place to work. The benefits/compensation package could be upgrade to the markert value
Executive Assistant CFO (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: increasing revenue
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work consist of checking FY reports for the 2014 and 2015 year. This is over one thousand different department within the hospital, including two other hospital was have. I review the following accounts, Productivity Management, Managed Care, Physician Contracting, Accounting and Decision Support. I also handle the Clinical Informatics Systems Department. The hardest part of the jobs is making sure I keep a list of thing I need to accomplish on a day to day bases. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the VP's Directors and Managers.
professional atmosphere
Specimen Processor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches coming in from vendors
Cons: working with people who complain frequently and put in no effort getting a task done.
As a goal-oriented person I used a position in the medical field to develop an array of skills and talent. Combined with skills from my work history such as customer service, processing, and data entry, I have built a background with the ability to plan, organize, develop, and implement on special projects. As a person, I am a self-motivator, high-spirited individual that displays professionalism with the desire to grow and experience new things.
great place
Unit Secretary (P.A.C.U) (Current Employee), atlanta gaSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: great people
great place to work. Great people and you are able to move up. The environment is amazing and everyone pitches in to help you out as much as they can
Fun and lovable work environment
Staff Nurse Blood and Bone Marrow Unit (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: short breaks
Fun an lovable work environment. I enjoy the people I work with.
Great place for experience with many learning opportunities
LABOR AND DELIVERY REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: paid training programs/certifications
Cons: pay rate is to low to keep empoyees
A typical day at work is never typical. You must be prepared to handle whatever whenever the patient walks through the door. I have learned to use my time wisely and to prioritize effectively. The management team is very helpful in making you feel at home for the most part. Management falls in the areas of individualizing employee's needs from the beginning hire process. My coworkers are great but most of them are here one minute and gone the next. I have lost about 10 of my good friends with being here for two years due to money issues. The hardest part of this job is working hard and not receiving the compensation in pay. The most enjoyable part of this job is making a difference in the patient's lives and them verbalizing it to you. This part is what has kept me here for this long.

About Northside Hospital

The Northside Hospital System comprises three not-for-profit, full-service community hospitals. With more than 2,500 physicians – Read more

Northside Hospital Salaries