Northside Hospital

Northside Hospital Employee Reviews

great place to work
Account Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2015
great place to work very fast pace, enjoy pleasing and working with the patients. very enjoyable. Meet many new people can be stressful at times.
Great Company
Support Tech (Former Employee), Atlanta,GAApril 29, 2015
Overall a GREAT COMPANY! They just need to get rid of all the management team from director to supervisor in the Environmental Service Department. Some of the old co workers also. But other than that Northside Hospital is a great company.
Productive and professional work environment
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2015
Northside supports professional and personal growth. We foster an environment that promotes work/life balance. We embrace diversity. We care about our patients by striving for excellence and diligently working as a team for exceptional customer service and care.
N/A
Medical Secretary/Scheduler (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2015
it really depends on what department you are working for within Northside Hospital. Some have more than others to offer.
I enjoy helping people
Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Cumming, GAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Meeting all kinds of people
Cons: Sometimes people dont want to hear about their hospital bill
I feel that I make the E/R experience less stressful when the discharging patients understand their financial obligation and that there are alternatives, such as financial aid.
n/n
Registered Nurse Admit/ Recovery unit for Cath lab (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2015
cool job to have. great staff there. didn't particulary like the micro-management. it takes about 10 meetings to get something very simple approved
Business Payroll Environment
Payroll Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2015
Pros: Much to learn about Payroll
Cons: No room for growth
The most enjoyable part of the job is making sure the payroll is run error free. Making sure all employees are paid each pay period. Resolving payroll issues.
Patient Access Rep (Former Employee), Cumming, GAMarch 31, 2015
I enjoyed being able to help patients communicate with providers when there was a language barrier. I enjoyed being able to help them tell their story.
Sr. Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta GeorgiaMarch 28, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Cons: tough to balance work life and famil life
We are always learning something new. We work hard, but are rewarded for the hard work. This is a greate place to work because new technologies are always being implemented.
good job
Patient & Cafeteria Cook (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: great job
Cons: retired to early
nice job and workplace employees,The employee where great to work with.Enjoyed cooking for patients and staff.they take good care of their employee and staff.
amiable environment
Pre-op/Post-op Volunteer (Current Employee), Cumming, GAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: free meal per 4 hour shift
Cons: n/a
Northside Hospital at Forsyth has a great staff who is friendly to all patients as well as coworkers. Some days, the work load is very light, while other days may be packed with patients. However, the nurses are always willing to help if the amount of work becomes too heavy.
Excellent staff and working environment
Staff Respiratory Therapist- Per Diem (Current Employee), Canton, GAMarch 20, 2015
This facility has some of the best staff I have ever worked with. Support and encouragement are the two best descriptions for the working environment
Productive and wonderful work enviroment
Accounting III Assistant-Payment Entry Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2015
Pros: great insurance, nice drive for me.
Cons: very strick on start and end time, cannot enter building prior to 5 minutes before start time of your shift.
Great company to work for. Cares about employee's. Pay is on the low side. Great benefits if pay was higher. Room for advancement. Management is great to work for in general some room for improvement as with any company. Job culture excellent.

The reason I am looking for another job is pay and the fact that I sit at a screen all day and key for 8 hours. I need to work with my mind making decisions and working with people other than just keying. The hardest part of my job is keying 8 hours a day. Wonderful co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is the companies attitude toward employee's and the people I work with.
Daily learning experience
BREAST IMPLANT SUPPLY TECH (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: patient care of excellance
Cons: no growth in department or transfer options
Patient care with Breast Cancer Women
Compassion , empathy, Proud to do the work.
Could use a bit more managemnet skills.
Teamwork
No Support, No growth within the department or transfer options.
Great Doctors the best in the field.
Love my job but am looking for additional part time work closer to home.
Registered Nurse, Staff (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: excellent co-workers, excellent working conditions, excellent salary.
Cons: over two hours from home which requires staying overnight in atlanta every weekend.
I travel every weekend to Atlanta to work three 12 hour night shifts. I am a charge nurse in the normal newborn nursery and provide supervision of care for up to 20 newborns. I love my job and really have no plans to resign. I would like to pick up additional part time work a little closer to home and would perhaps consider full time in later years if and when traveling to Atlanta becomes too difficult.
Family oriented hospital
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: numerous volunteer programs and community interaction.
Cons: growth is a challenge.
We at Patient Access promote a high level of Customer Service for our patients. We treat patients with care and caring and our goal is to create an excellent experience for the patients visit from beginning to end.
really aggressive with customers
Customer Service, Collections (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: experience
it was third party collection. collect on very old past due accounts, skip tracing, use dailer system, submitted the payments to supervisor to be processed.
Long work hours
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Cumming, GAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: salary, management, tasks
I'm currently employed here. However, my department is under-paid for our daily tasks. Benefits are average and management can be improved.
Enjoyable work place but hard to get time off
Post Anesthesia Care Unit Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2015
My time at Northside was a great learning experience all around. There were the typical issues involving understaffing and having to take a lot of call but other than that it was a great work environment. I enjoyed working there and felt like the environment was conducive to learning! The biggest con was that it was difficult to get vacation time and was ultimately a reason many people left.
Self Paced working environment
Payment Entry Specialist (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day is a self paced working environment, in a cubicle that you may decorate to make it a comfortable work space where you are able to listen to music while you work.

The hardest part of the job is working in solitude.

About Northside Hospital

The Northside Hospital System comprises three not-for-profit, full-service community hospitals. With more than 2,500 physicians – Read more

Northside Hospital Salaries