Northside Hospital

Northside Hospital Employee Reviews

amiable environment
Pre-op/Post-op Volunteer (Current Employee), Cumming, GAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: free meal per 4 hour shift
Cons: n/a
Northside Hospital at Forsyth has a great staff who is friendly to all patients as well as coworkers. Some days, the work load is very light, while other days may be packed with patients. However, the nurses are always willing to help if the amount of work becomes too heavy.
Excellent staff and working environment
Staff Respiratory Therapist- Per Diem (Current Employee), Canton, GAMarch 20, 2015
This facility has some of the best staff I have ever worked with. Support and encouragement are the two best descriptions for the working environment
Productive and wonderful work enviroment
Accounting III Assistant-Payment Entry Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2015
Pros: great insurance, nice drive for me.
Cons: very strick on start and end time, cannot enter building prior to 5 minutes before start time of your shift.
Great company to work for. Cares about employee's. Pay is on the low side. Great benefits if pay was higher. Room for advancement. Management is great to work for in general some room for improvement as – more... with any company. Job culture excellent.

The reason I am looking for another job is pay and the fact that I sit at a screen all day and key for 8 hours. I need to work with my mind making decisions and working with people other than just keying. The hardest part of my job is keying 8 hours a day. Wonderful co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is the companies attitude toward employee's and the people I work with. – less
Daily learning experience
BREAST IMPLANT SUPPLY TECH (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: patient care of excellance
Cons: no growth in department or transfer options
Patient care with Breast Cancer Women
Compassion , empathy, Proud to do the work.
Could use a bit more managemnet skills.
Teamwork
No Support, No growth within the department or transfer options.
Great Doctors the best in the field.
Love my job but am looking for additional part time work closer to home.
Registered Nurse, Staff (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: excellent co-workers, excellent working conditions, excellent salary.
Cons: over two hours from home which requires staying overnight in atlanta every weekend.
I travel every weekend to Atlanta to work three 12 hour night shifts. I am a charge nurse in the normal newborn nursery and provide supervision of care for up to 20 newborns. I love my job and really have – more... no plans to resign. I would like to pick up additional part time work a little closer to home and would perhaps consider full time in later years if and when traveling to Atlanta becomes too difficult. – less
Family oriented hospital
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: numerous volunteer programs and community interaction.
Cons: growth is a challenge.
We at Patient Access promote a high level of Customer Service for our patients. We treat patients with care and caring and our goal is to create an excellent experience for the patients visit from beginning to end.
really aggressive with customers
Customer Service, Collections (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: experience
it was third party collection. collect on very old past due accounts, skip tracing, use dailer system, submitted the payments to supervisor to be processed.
Long work hours
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Cumming, GAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: salary, management, tasks
I'm currently employed here. However, my department is under-paid for our daily tasks. Benefits are average and management can be improved.
Enjoyable work place but hard to get time off
Post Anesthesia Care Unit Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2015
My time at Northside was a great learning experience all around. There were the typical issues involving understaffing and having to take a lot of call but other than that it was a great work environment. I enjoyed working there and felt like the environment was conducive to learning! The biggest con was that it was difficult to get vacation time and was ultimately a reason many people left.
Self Paced working environment
Payment Entry Specialist (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day is a self paced working environment, in a cubicle that you may decorate to make it a comfortable work space where you are able to listen to music while you work.

The hardest part of the job is working in solitude.
Very Busy Constantly!!!!
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great coworkers, and human resources.
Cons: paying for meals, poor management
Poor Managers and unrealistic expectations of you on your job title.Lack of training and culpability and taking the blame for anything that goes wrong.Hope if you decide to work here you'll be able to take the problems that comes with it.
Excellent
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2015
Very professional Hospital. Great team work and pleasant work enviroments,
In so many words I love my job there
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee), Sandy Springs, GAJanuary 12, 2015
Northside is a place where you call "home", this is a company that cares about there employees and values each and everyone of them. I left there and wish that I never had, that was a place where you showed up to work with a smile on your face ready to start your day
Voted one of the best hospital in Atlanta
Staff Registered Nurse - Pain Treatment Center (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2015
I loved working for NSH. NSH is one of lading hospitals in patient care.There is a low turn over rate of staff. The hospital has numerous programs that honor the employees longevity Programs designed to assist employees during difficult times. . The nurse to patient ratio is better than most facilities in the area
Avoid!!!
Food Services (Current Employee), Food ServicesJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
This is the worst place I have ever worked and it is all partly because of the management in the department. I have never worked in an environment where management does not want to see employees better – more... themselves. If you have any ideas of using this job as a tool to get inside of Northside and hopes of bettering yourself this is not the department to do it. The director of the department will sell her soul to the Devil (and probably has) to keep you back. Management does not care about the employees that work in the food service industry and there is not an outlet for employees to go and speak with someone. HR is no help, they don't care about the employees either. If they really cared about employees they would listen to the employees and take a look at what is really going on inside that department. When every employee there is looking for a way out, it is not the person, it is the MANAGEMENT!!!! The turnover rate is extremely high!!! Something needs to be done about the awful management in this department. – less
Ability to grow with in the company
Reimbursement Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 23, 2014
I enjoyed the billing department and the cross training skills that I was allowed to grow with.
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 18, 2014
I like the work I did for this company and I have no review for this company
Great people to work with!
Senior Project Engineering Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 9, 2014
Opportunities are endless if you put the time and effort in.
Little room for growth
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Atalanta, GANovember 21, 2014
There seems to be very little room for growth in non clinical positions. Movement is slow and poorly compensated.However, the work environment is positive and enjoyable.
Great Place to work
Pastry Chef (Former Employee), Cumming, GANovember 14, 2014
Made great deserts such as bread pudding decorated cakes and famous cheesecake

About Northside Hospital

The Northside Hospital System comprises three not-for-profit, full-service community hospitals. With more than 2,500 physicians – Read more

Northside Hospital Salaries