Northside Hospital

Northside Hospital Employer Reviews

great enviorment
Patient Care Technician/Unit Secretary, Med/Surg (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: short lunch breaks
although I love the people i work with and the enviorment, you do not get alot of experiance here because they do not allow techs to do alot like place catheters or draw blood and nurse's cannot hang their own blood or place their own iv's so if you work here long you will not remember how to do alot of things. unless you work in ER or ICU.
Working in a Level III NICU at a delivery Hospital
Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2014
This unit is a 130 bed Level III NICU. Most days were hectic and busy, but I loved it! I went on deliveries, cared for infants that required Thermal cooling, NO delivery by HFOV. Taught mothers to breastfeed there preterm infants. My co-workers were the best of the best. Eager to learn and to assist. I was a preceptor of new nurses working in a NICU. – more... I was Charge nurse where I managed the unit for the day, from assignments, to talking with families that had concerns about the care of there infant. The hardest part of this job was the death of an infant. The most enjoyable part was seeing parents taking home there baby and thanking you. – less
Great place to work and advance career
Clinical Care Associate/ Monitor Tech (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2014
Up's and down's, all things considered great place to work. Teamwork is ok, could be better on some units.
It was a job
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working with my co-workers
Cons: the coordinator
Call patients to vertify their demographics and insurance was correct.
Hardest part of the job was working under the coordinator.
Physical labor
Central Distribution Tech (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2014
-Delivered heavy infant carts to different floors
-Stock medical supplies into Pryxis Machines
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2014
Very nice place to work. The staff can be really friendly. Sometimes the patient load was heavy but their was team helpers.
It is a great hospital to work for
Admissions Insurance Verification Counselor (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 17, 2014
It's a job that starts at 6:30am and it can get very busy some days. Great coworker to work with all the time. Management can be a little more understanding about family. The hardest part of the job is a lot of paper work and even the patient think so as well. Meeting new people is the most enjoyable part of my job.
This was a wonderful place to work
Patient Access Lead (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: one of the best companies to work for.
Cons: hate that i left.
This was a wonderful place to work and I found myself moving up the ladder here, the only reason why I had to leave was due to it being so far from where I stayed. Driving from Lithonia to almost Alpharetta was a long way to try and be on time with major traffic.
Great people to work with
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 15, 2014
Pros: lots of friends
Cons: very busy, no lunch breaks sometimes
I have worked at NSH for 18 years. I have made so many friends and have learned how to be a great nurse. My experience has been invaluable.
Phlebotomist
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: insurance, pay hours
Cons: i went back for my ma my manger said she could not keep me threw my externship
Again I was in the pediatric building in Alpharetta GA Main campus to help out every once in a while as well as Forsyth location mostly in Alpharetta drawing pediatric patients and some adults as well as Geriatrics,
We are very focused on patient care and very organized.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2014
Northside Hospital has one of the busiest Labor and Delivery departments in the United States. It's very high energy. Having a great management team is critical to our unit.
The hardest part of my job is the long hours, but teamwork makes it possible to get through does difficult moments.
I love people, so giving patient care and working side by side – more... with people is an extension of me. – less
STAFF PHARMACIST (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2014
Great work environment and have great co-workers. We have a chance to interact with patients and physicans.
Highly well structured organization with great coworker.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: awesome compensation package and room for growth.
Cons: none just a great company to work for.
Fast pace work and management treat employment with respect and are always willing to help with difficult issues.
good job
phlebotomist (Former Employee), Canton, GAJanuary 13, 2014
great place to work, wonderfuljob nothing else that's all.
Family atmosphere
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Canton, GAJanuary 2, 2014
A typical day begins with a morning huddle to discuss any special
requirements for any of the scheduled cases, potential add on cases,
as well as any announcements that need to be made. Co-Workers are like family and they along with management are always encouraging and helpful.
Wonderful Company to work!
Billing Clerk II (Former Employee), atlanta,gaJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: great volunteer program
Cons: slight chance for growth
I love working for this company I met so many great people and learned so many life changing things. This job inspired me to further my career.
Great benefits but there aren't any advancement opportunities within the food service department.
Catering Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 29, 2013
The benefits are great, but there aren't any advancement opportunities within the food service department and management makes it difficult to advance to other areas of the hospital.
fun workplace
Support Technician (Former Employee), Cumming, GANovember 25, 2013
Pros: nice management
Cons: healthcare
I help people every day and I take care my patient make sure they are happy went they leave the O.R. The most is make sure patient is happy went they leave the hospital.
Opportunity Options are good. A great hospital to for my own personal care as well.
Secretary/Scheduler (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 24, 2013
Pros: there was a good energy is the office.
Cons: there was no place to advance to within the department, had leaving the dept to advance.
A typical day was working with patients and arranging appointments before their surgery. I learned that I enjoyed working with patients and providing some level of comfort to the process of what is needed for patients. I always challenged myself to providing the most detailed information possible, and the best presentation which would make the patient – more... feel comforted. My co-workers were typical of any office environment. The hardest part of my job very little and insignificant. Hard to recall any real difficulties. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with the patients and making them feel comforted. – less
Fast paced environment
Newborn Nurse (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 22, 2013
Pros: very organized institution.
Cons: minimal breaks! high turnover for those who can't keep-up.
Great place to work for women's health. With 30-50 deliveries per day you gain experience and expertise quickly.

About Northside Hospital

The Northside Hospital System comprises three not-for-profit, full-service community hospitals. With more than 2,500 physicians – Read more