Northside Hospital

Northside Hospital Employer Reviews

Nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2014
Very nice place to work. The staff can be really friendly. Sometimes the patient load was heavy but their was team helpers.
It is a great hospital to work for
Admissions Insurance Verification Counselor (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 17, 2014
It's a job that starts at 6:30am and it can get very busy some days. Great coworker to work with all the time. Management can be a little more understanding about family. The hardest part of the job is a lot of paper work and even the patient think so as well. Meeting new people is the most enjoyable part of my job.
This was a wonderful place to work
Patient Access Lead (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: one of the best companies to work for.
Cons: hate that i left.
This was a wonderful place to work and I found myself moving up the ladder here, the only reason why I had to leave was due to it being so far from where I stayed. Driving from Lithonia to almost Alpharetta was a long way to try and be on time with major traffic.
Great people to work with
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 15, 2014
Pros: lots of friends
Cons: very busy, no lunch breaks sometimes
I have worked at NSH for 18 years. I have made so many friends and have learned how to be a great nurse. My experience has been invaluable.
Phlebotomist
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: insurance, pay hours
Cons: i went back for my ma my manger said she could not keep me threw my externship
Again I was in the pediatric building in Alpharetta GA Main campus to help out every once in a while as well as Forsyth location mostly in Alpharetta drawing pediatric patients and some adults as well as Geriatrics,
We are very focused on patient care and very organized.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2014
Northside Hospital has one of the busiest Labor and Delivery departments in the United States. It's very high energy. Having a great management team is critical to our unit.
The hardest part of my job is the long hours, but teamwork makes it possible to get through does difficult moments.
I love people, so giving patient care and working side by side – more... with people is an extension of me. – less
STAFF PHARMACIST (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2014
Great work environment and have great co-workers. We have a chance to interact with patients and physicans.
Highly well structured organization with great coworker.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: awesome compensation package and room for growth.
Cons: none just a great company to work for.
Fast pace work and management treat employment with respect and are always willing to help with difficult issues.
good job
phlebotomist (Former Employee), Canton, GAJanuary 13, 2014
great place to work, wonderfuljob nothing else that's all.
Family atmosphere
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Canton, GAJanuary 2, 2014
A typical day begins with a morning huddle to discuss any special
requirements for any of the scheduled cases, potential add on cases,
as well as any announcements that need to be made. Co-Workers are like family and they along with management are always encouraging and helpful.
Wonderful Company to work!
Billing Clerk II (Former Employee), atlanta,gaJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: great volunteer program
Cons: slight chance for growth
I love working for this company I met so many great people and learned so many life changing things. This job inspired me to further my career.
Great benefits but there aren't any advancement opportunities within the food service department.
Catering Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 29, 2013
The benefits are great, but there aren't any advancement opportunities within the food service department and management makes it difficult to advance to other areas of the hospital.
fun workplace
Support Technician (Former Employee), Cumming, GANovember 25, 2013
Pros: nice management
Cons: healthcare
I help people every day and I take care my patient make sure they are happy went they leave the O.R. The most is make sure patient is happy went they leave the hospital.
Opportunity Options are good. A great hospital to for my own personal care as well.
Secretary/Scheduler (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 24, 2013
Pros: there was a good energy is the office.
Cons: there was no place to advance to within the department, had leaving the dept to advance.
A typical day was working with patients and arranging appointments before their surgery. I learned that I enjoyed working with patients and providing some level of comfort to the process of what is needed for patients. I always challenged myself to providing the most detailed information possible, and the best presentation which would make the patient – more... feel comforted. My co-workers were typical of any office environment. The hardest part of my job very little and insignificant. Hard to recall any real difficulties. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with the patients and making them feel comforted. – less
Fast paced environment
Newborn Nurse (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 22, 2013
Pros: very organized institution.
Cons: minimal breaks! high turnover for those who can't keep-up.
Great place to work for women's health. With 30-50 deliveries per day you gain experience and expertise quickly.
Patient Centric
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2013
Learned hospital systems, auto-fill machines, consults with doctors
Horrible supervisors and no advancement
Payment Entry Specialist (Current Employee), Smyrna, GANovember 10, 2013
Cons: huge difference in pay rate
Do not work at this place. Galen Advisors is the worst place to work. People are hired to be supervisors but have no idea how to do their job. Forget about advancement unless you are a favorite. Supervisors are evil here. unfair payrate.
N/A
Clinical Partner (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 28, 2013
Northside is a family oriented environment. Northside is the number one hospital in labor and delivery and the care that is provided is world class
Nice and outgoing workplace
Data Entry Specialist, Surgical Scheduling (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2013
Pros: salary, hours and flexiblity
Cons: temporary position
Once I arrive to work i log into my computer. Go and collect my Post-op surgery cases for the day and prepare entering the data into the system from the cases.I've learned how and where the data goes into the system from the Post-op and GI cases.There is no pressure everyone is pleasant and friendly. There are no specific hard parts of the job, although – more... when the computers are down or running slow that slows down the productivity for the time frame in completing the amount of cases that are requested within the work day. Doing the work itself. – less
Northside was a Good Hospital to work at
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2013
Front Desk Clerk this was my very job at Northside i learned different things, different culture.

About Northside Hospital

The Northside Hospital System comprises three not-for-profit, full-service community hospitals. With more than 2,500 physicians – Read more