Northside Hospital

Northside Hospital Employee Reviews

n/a
Human Resources Staffing Assistant/Secretary (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2014
great temp job paid weekly
given credit card, hour lunch
good parking
Northside Hospital is a great place to work.
Patient Care Tech II (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: good pay, benefits.
Cons: more help needed, long 12 hour shifts
A typical day at Northside is a fast pace environment that teaches you how to mange your time during the course of your shift. Supervisor's of the management team help and answer question that you my have to assist in your advancement of the job you hold at Northside Hospital. My co-workers are very helpful showing the new workers the way of the floor.
low morale among nurses
registered nurse (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: met some nice people
Cons: low pay, crazy work schedule, no breaks
I worked PACU. No breaks, constant heavy flow of patients, standing on your feet for hours. No room for growth. Many times I was sent home early and did not get my 40hr work week therefore my paycheck was always short. Management had their favorites.
Fun work environment
Registered Nurse- Extended Recovery Unity- Care (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2014
12 hour shifts, great coworkers, low pay scale considering experience and expertise
overalll the hospital is a great place to work. The benefits/compensation package could be upgrade to the markert value
Executive Assistant CFO (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: increasing revenue
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work consist of checking FY reports for the 2014 and 2015 year. This is over one thousand different department within the hospital, including two other hospital was have. I review the following accounts, Productivity Management, Managed Care, Physician Contracting, Accounting and Decision Support. I also handle the Clinical Informatics Systems Department. The hardest part of the jobs is making sure I keep a list of thing I need to accomplish on a day to day bases. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the VP's Directors and Managers.
professional atmosphere
Specimen Processor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches coming in from vendors
Cons: working with people who complain frequently and put in no effort getting a task done.
As a goal-oriented person I used a position in the medical field to develop an array of skills and talent. Combined with skills from my work history such as customer service, processing, and data entry, I have built a background with the ability to plan, organize, develop, and implement on special projects. As a person, I am a self-motivator, high-spirited individual that displays professionalism with the desire to grow and experience new things.
great place
Unit Secretary (P.A.C.U) (Current Employee), atlanta gaSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: great people
great place to work. Great people and you are able to move up. The environment is amazing and everyone pitches in to help you out as much as they can
Fun and lovable work environment
Staff Nurse Blood and Bone Marrow Unit (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: short breaks
Fun an lovable work environment. I enjoy the people I work with.
Great place for experience with many learning opportunities
LABOR AND DELIVERY REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: paid training programs/certifications
Cons: pay rate is to low to keep empoyees
A typical day at work is never typical. You must be prepared to handle whatever whenever the patient walks through the door. I have learned to use my time wisely and to prioritize effectively. The management team is very helpful in making you feel at home for the most part. Management falls in the areas of individualizing employee's needs from the beginning hire process. My coworkers are great but most of them are here one minute and gone the next. I have lost about 10 of my good friends with being here for two years due to money issues. The hardest part of this job is working hard and not receiving the compensation in pay. The most enjoyable part of this job is making a difference in the patient's lives and them verbalizing it to you. This part is what has kept me here for this long.
Northside Hospital
Patient service Rep (Current Employee), Sandy Springs, GAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Wonderful place to work, I enjoy my job. Everyone works well together to our best.
Steady Check
Administrative Assistant II / Scheduler (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: steady check
Cons: no room for growth
Already posted a review twice on this company.............
gain experience
temp (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: beats a zero and experience
Cons: change of environment and no benefits
you have to stay focus and gain the experience. it is a tough to gain full time and be positive to surpass all the other non sense.
Great place to work with professionals who enjoy taking care of patients.
Radiology Technologist Assistant (Current Employee), Cumming, GAAugust 3, 2014
Northside Hospital is a great work environment. Employee's truly enjoy taking care of others and it shows in the moral of the hospital as a whole.
High acuity and wide variety of a patient population
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Northside Hospital. Throughout my time spent there, I was able to gain more experience of in depth assessments on postpartum women and newborns, administering medicines via multiple routes, and treating and responding to emergency situations. I truly enjoyed the leadership there and collaborating with each of my coworkers. The work environment was pleasant, and the employees are treated with fairness and respect. My coworkers contributed to the medical team, and they always made the day go smoothly with all of their assistance. The hardest (but most rewarding) part of the job was learning to respond to so many different cultural backgrounds. In order to provide patient centered care, it was essential to know how to communicate in different ways to different patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning to collaborate with the entire team that was responsible for everything from the mom to baby. I loved being able to work with each person there, and it was great to know we had the teamwork we did.
Excellent place to work
Family Centered Care Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2014
I have learned teamwork, highest standards in patient care, and safe medication administration.
Enjoy working on the floor where the baby are located.
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2014
I work part time a Northside in Housekeeping. I enjoy talking to the patient and making should there room are clean for their new baby.
Fun Workplace
Medical Biller/Coder (Current Employee), AtlantaJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: raises
For the most part the work envorinment is enjoying. Everyone works together and helps each other out. The work load can be a bit excessive at times. The company offers good benefits but the raises could be better.
To stressful,very micro managed
Pre registration (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: long lunches
Cons: very micro managed, no room for error, monitored every move, not able to communicate with co workers
start prompt at 8 am. You couldn't communicate with anyone. You and to clock in and out for work day, lunch, bathroom breaks, and breaks. Co workers were easy to work with. Hardest part was meeting the quota of number of completed calls, not just people you left a message for. The easiest part of the job was lunch was 45 minutes and on payday an hour.
Great place to work!!!!!
Unit secretary clerk/ Medical surgery unit (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: benefits and work dynamics
Cons: management
great working environment, room for growth and development. i wished that i have never resigned,
Great place to work!!
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: workload can be heavy
Northside Hospital is a great place to work. Now, in any employment setting there is room for improvement..You make work want it is!! Great learning environment in the FCC..

About Northside Hospital

The Northside Hospital System comprises three not-for-profit, full-service community hospitals. With more than 2,500 physicians – Read more

Northside Hospital Salaries