Northside Hospital Employee Reviews

Highly reputable organization
Provider Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMay 17, 2017
A highly reputable organization that strives for excellence in all that they do. First and foremost are the patients that they service and the outstanding physicians that comprise the Northside network.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Busy place appropriately named baby factory
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2017
Busy place of employment with maximum of three deliveries per shift. Management did not seem to care about their employees but if you had a good team of co-workers that got your back , it made the shift doable and not so stressful. Workplace culture was horrible as you were usually working understaffed. The hardest part of the job was being shuffled around numerous times during a given shift to meet the need of the unit.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
short breaks or no breaks
Love my night shift staff
Patient Care Technician/ Clinical Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with my patients and being able to put a smile on their face at the end of my shift. My night shift staff are great to work with.
Northside
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2017
I've worked for Northside for several years and believe in the Northside philosophy. It is a company that truly cares for it's employees. There are some managers who are all about the numbers but overall that is not the normal culture at Northside
Pros
Great Compensation
Cons
Pricey benefits
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAMay 13, 2017
Nice People and doctors. You get to advance only if you and boss are close. Too many rules and regulations. Because its such a big cooperation some of the rules should not apply because you are in a physician office.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
30-Min lunches & Pay
Most Unprofessional Environment
Office Manger (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMay 13, 2017
Northside Hospital is a place where people are judged based on who they know NOT what they know. The Practice Administrator on down is unprofessional and not thorough along with the Office Manager.

If there were zero stars I would put that down. It is an environment where managers are all in clicks and employs barely work especially
Northside Pediatric hospital in Sandy Springs GA its a joke.

I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone that thinks outside the box, asks questions or has ambition and drive they want ROBOTS.
Pros
The Location
Cons
Everything Else About The Hospital
Great Work Environment
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2017
Great work environments. I learned how to be the best at what i do no matter what is.Management showed me how to work through any situation,they taught me how to work under pressure.I never really had hard parts on the job because i enjoyed what i did.
Excellent place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 10, 2017
Excellent place to work. Great environment for learning and advancement. Salaries were very competitive. I felt valued and appreciated by my superiors
just a nursing student
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2017
There is really nothing for me to say in this review. I was a nursing student and I had a good experience at this hospital. I am unsure of any benefits or pay.
Patient Care Tech
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAApril 27, 2017
Enjoyed working with and taking care of some cancer patients my heart went out to them. Many patient came in for short stays after surgical procedures.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
short breaks
Great Job
Operating Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2017
Love my job here, gave me a great position as a new nurse and provide continuing education on new procedures and treatment. I would highly reccomend giving them an opportunity and they also have very good benefits.
Meet some awesome people.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAApril 26, 2017
I currently work with Oncology patient's. Have been in this practice for 10 1/2 years, in healthcare for 35 years. The most difficult part of my job is losing patient's. It makes an emotional day, daily. I have learned to be humble and appreciative of all around me.
Enjoy serving our customers and guests .
cook breakfast and lunch to order (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2017
My typical day is starting by getting ready for service, and be ready for our customers and guests with a smile on my face to prepare their breakfast and to meet their expectation by giving them the best service each day.
I have learned so much during my 3 years of working there, such as working the salad bar, deli , pizza station, exhibition station, and many other things I learn each day.
The management are mostly fair and can work well with the employees.
There is a mixture of culture in the workplace from African American to Jamaican to Irish and Hispanics. We all get along well and learn different cuisine from each other.
Hardest part is keeping up with the busy day and making sure that our customers and guests are satisfied. The most enjoyable part is getting along with the co-workers and helping each other to make it through the day.
Pros
Discounted prices for lunch.
Cons
short staff when people are out.
It was easy to use indeed website
RN (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 22, 2017
I have been a registered nurse for 5 years , and I enjoy mu work lot and the people i work with. As a dedicated worker, I advocate for my patients on a daily basis and the same time make sure that the facility is on point with their HCAP scores
Pros
Excellent plsce to owrk . Northside takes care of their workers
Great Experience, High Stress
Labor and Delivery RN (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2017
Great labor and delivery experience.
Very fast paced.
Burnout is common and turnover is fast.
Lots of new nurses.
Can be passive aggressive in urging nurses to take leadership roles.
Pros
Great opportunities for call pay
Cons
Short breaks, Passive Aggressive Management, Short Staff
EVS Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2017
A typical day at Northside is always exciting. You learn various medical trades daily. Management teams are awesome. The workplace captivates you and inspires you to meet interesting people each day. The hardest part of working at Northside is when your shift ends. Staff,patients, etc....make your day fun and exciting. I really enjoy all the new staff and people I meet each day.
good place
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  St Pete, FLApril 16, 2017
smaller hospital but very organized. doctors are nice and do appreciate the techs. management is supportice. ceo brings candy every friday. good pay also
Productive, fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2017
Good place to work, Benefits ok, could be better especially for maternity, management is not stable, room for advancement if you rub the right elbows.
Not best hospital system
CLINICAL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2017
Nursing staff has had the ability to critically think taken away. New graduate nurses are poorly trained to take on patients and handle patient issues and emergencies. Management staff has poor relationship with staff
good position, poor management
Catering Associate (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAApril 2, 2017
It is a good position and rewarding working with patients. The hospital was poorly managed. Management was demeaning when asked questions regarding patient care and would frequently run out of supplies and food for patients in order to stay under budget to increase management bonus.
Pros
good experience
Cons
low pay, corrupt management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northside Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.