Northside Hospital Employee Reviews

We are very focused on patient care and very organized.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2014
Northside Hospital has one of the busiest Labor and Delivery departments in the United States. It's very high energy. Having a great management team is critical to our unit.
The hardest part of my job is the long hours, but teamwork makes it possible to get through does difficult moments.
I love people, so giving patient care and working side by side with people is an extension of me.
It is all a lie.
supportive staff (Former Employee) –  AtlantaJanuary 18, 2012
This facility has poor managment. There is a master slave mentality from top to bottom. Management encouragse staff to write each other up. Medical care is questionable and antiquated. No electronic documentation. Managers do not listen to their staff. Staff not friendly and unprofessional with each other. Drs have no respect for other professions only their own. Nurses overworked. No matter what they offer you say no. You will be very disappointed.
Cons
micromanagement and lack of professionalism
Great team and Management
Occupational Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2015
My experience at Northside was wonderful! I absolutely loved the team that I worked with. Every one at Northside truly believes in what they are doing and loves that they are making a difference. I worked in the rehab/therapy department and everyone there is great. I only looked for other employment because I was going back to school and needed a little bit more compensation than they were able to offer. Other than that it is a great organization and I would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Discount lunches, great management/team
Cons
Compensation
To stressful,very micro managed
Pre registration (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2014
start prompt at 8 am. You couldn't communicate with anyone. You and to clock in and out for work day, lunch, bathroom breaks, and breaks. Co workers were easy to work with. Hardest part was meeting the quota of number of completed calls, not just people you left a message for. The easiest part of the job was lunch was 45 minutes and on payday an hour.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
very micro managed, no room for error, monitored every move, not able to communicate with co workers
Excellent workers relations and benfits for all employees
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAAugust 25, 2013
Patrol Hospital floors and campus with company vehicle. Console operator. Customers service and relations.. I was treated fairly by Management. The hardest part of the job is assisting other officers while trying to restrain uncooperative and violent patients. The most enjoyable part of the job isinteracting with your co-workers and patients.
Pros
the management will always send you a card for your birthday
Cons
because we serve and protect, sometimes you have short break times
Wonderful place to be a patient
Exercise Physiologist (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2012
It's a great place to be a patient. The group of people working there are so nice and respectful to each other and not a smile falls when they deal with the patients. They get involved, and make you feel like they've known you for years. They are reliable, and an overall great staff!
Pros
all a's across the board
Cons
need a bigger budget for highering new staff! i know cardiology could use one or two more people.
not a good place to work if you seek advancement
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2016
My coworkers were the absolute BEST!! Management on the other hand is by far the worst, they act friendly for about a month, this place is all about who you know and kiss up to. They do not honor good work ethic and only certain ethnicities do certain jobs. It's all about money and politics! Don't waste your time or be influence by the name!
Pros
co workers!!!
Cons
management, lack of advancement
Northside Hospital is a great place to work.
Patient Care Tech II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2014
A typical day at Northside is a fast pace environment that teaches you how to mange your time during the course of your shift. Supervisor's of the management team help and answer question that you my have to assist in your advancement of the job you hold at Northside Hospital. My co-workers are very helpful showing the new workers the way of the floor.
Pros
good pay, benefits.
Cons
more help needed, long 12 hour shifts
punitive and unfortunately.not compassionate toward staff
Clinician Assistant/Team Leader/Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2013
The area you would think to be the happiest area to work in is sorely lacking in morale. Management has an overseer mentality instead of a team mentality. It used to be a very pleasant place.Mother/baby has a large turnover and many who stay do it to survive and feed their families.
Pros
you lucky to.have a job according to management and supervisors
Cons
harrassment/bullying no compassion (very sad to say when it comes to nurse)
I enjoyed the 11 1/2 years there
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 25, 2015
taking care of pre and post op open heart patients staff works together as a team, Management was good and supportive there was no hard part of the job because of the team work from all depts,
most enjoyable was going to work caring for the pts and seeing the healing process, and then they thank you or give you a hug when you discharge them home
Overall great place to work.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2014
The work environment was very professional. We would register the patients for either an outpatient surgery or a radiology test. It was fast paced but we had breaks through the day when the patient load slowed down and we were able to get our paper work taken care of. The most enjoyable part of the day for me was talking to the patients and making them comfortable.
Pros
salary, constant training
Cons
short lunch period
Love the culture there...I go to work with a smile and also leave with one...
Surgical Tech (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2015
Northside Hospital has been good to me. I have been there 9 years solid. I have grown, but know that I am at my maximum, hence the reason I am working towards my RN degree.
Pros
Able to work often with the doctors that request us
Cons
because we tend to cater to our doctors, it leaves us with the lack to keep up skills in other specialties
Learning Environment
A/R Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2013
I have been in this industry since 2006. I have held two positions with this company and I have had the pleasure to network with people throughout the company that are great mentors and managers. There is always something new to learn about the job and the healthcare industry. The most enjoyable part about the job is the fact that managers do not micro-manage. The managers I have followed are laid back and let you do your work, but are always around if you need help.
A nice environment to work in
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  NEAugust 25, 2015
it was nice working at Northside Hospital, i work unsupervised most of the time. I was good at my job and i take pleasure in viewing my work after it was done.

I am grateful for the certificate course instituted by management, as an encouragement we were paid to do these courses on the job.

My coworker were very helpful and supportive.

The hardest part of my job was to work with strongly scented cleaning product.
Enjoyable work place but hard to get time off
Post Anesthesia Care Unit Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2015
My time at Northside was a great learning experience all around. There were the typical issues involving understaffing and having to take a lot of call but other than that it was a great work environment. I enjoyed working there and felt like the environment was conducive to learning! The biggest con was that it was difficult to get vacation time and was ultimately a reason many people left.
Productive and Fun
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2014
Learned Alot
— Inventory management and storage, complete appropriate documentation, such as labels, log sheets and reports
— Enforces company policy on documentation of IV admixture, cleanroom protocol, sterility testing, , and remedial sterile action
— Daily duties such as compounding batch of sterile and non-sterile, anesthetics, TPN, oncology, neonatal pharmacy, and other narcotics. Needle and Needless system
— Product preparation, compounding sterile products, and maintaining the pharmacy clean room suite to 797 requirements
great enviorment
Patient Care Technician/Unit Secretary, Med/Surg (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2014
although I love the people i work with and the enviorment, you do not get alot of experiance here because they do not allow techs to do alot like place catheters or draw blood and nurse's cannot hang their own blood or place their own iv's so if you work here long you will not remember how to do alot of things. unless you work in ER or ICU.
Pros
great pay
Cons
short lunch breaks
exciting and hectic enviroment.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAMay 23, 2013
I currently work as a Patient Access Rep in the emergency room. I register patients of all ages. My day can be hectic at times I can register more than four patients an hour. I enjoy the fast pace setting, the different types of people I meet and my co workers. The hardest part of my job is seeing my patients fight for their lives but that comes with the territory.
Friendly, educated staff creating a wonderful work place for anyone fortunate enough to work here.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAMay 25, 2013
Northside Hospital is a wonderful place to work. They have a balance of state of the art equipment, top notch, skilled care givers,opportunity for advancement,a staff that is full of compassion,warmth, education and wonderful personable skills, decent pay and benefits. All these factors combined create a warm, " family" like work place.
Pros
all of the above
Cons
low staffing
I enjoyed my employment with Northside Hospital Atlanta. It was a great place to work!
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2012
When I arrived to the unit my staff was often in good spirits as well as the doctors. I learned excellent customer service skills and the hardest part of my job was dealing with the sudden loss of a patient. The most enjoyable was the interaction with the staff we got along very well and worked together to get the job done!
Pros
great benefits
Cons
military style