Northside Medical Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
An excellent place to work.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 14, 2014
Working with well-trained and helpful transcriptionists, transcribing very difficult medical and surgical reports, including specialized tests and procedures This hospital primarily focused on cardiovascular specialties, and provided extensive knowledge of terminology involved in cardiovascular procedures. Management strived to allow each employee to perform to their highest potential, and recognized those that excelled. The most difficult part of the job was acquiring the ability to transcribe medical reports from those physicians for which English was their second language. The most enjoyable part of the job was socializing with those in the same field.
Pros
increased knowledge in the medical and surgical field.
Cons
short breaks, high standardards of performance.
excellent work place,excellent co-workers,wonderful manager.
Registered Nurse/Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 10, 2014
Typical daily routine starts at 5am with getting patients ready for same day or outpatient surgical procedures. I learn daily from interviewing patients, what each individual needs are and how to help them to achieve optimal outcome on their procedures. I work with an excellent group of nurses, awesome manager and very caring group of anesthesiologists and surgeons. The most enjoyable part of my job is that at the end of my day I can leave the workplace knowing that I have helped several people during that day. The hardest part of my job is not knowing for sure how many days a week I will be working-I am part time.
Busy, Always learning something new
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 6, 2013
A typical day at work is very busy but easy going at the same time. I work mon-fri 8-4. I've learned how to perform x-rays and vision and hearing tests here. My co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is losing a Patient. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching each patient with chronic medical issues like diabetes, hypertension or even chronic pain become stable by taking their medications, going to physical therapy, and following up with us.
Pros
paid sick/personal/vacation days
Cons
unpaid lunches, small staff
Productive fast-paced work environment
Clinical & Administrative Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHSeptember 8, 2014
Heavy patient workload along with great people to work with.
Phenomenal office manager and overall friendly environment between staff.
Pros
hour lunch, stability, ease
Cons
poor job security, lack of space