Northside Medical Center Employee Reviews

Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 30, 2017
My typical day at work consists of triaging patients and answering phone calls.
I learned a lot from my job as to answer calls and leave messages for people. I learned to better my skill in triaging patients.

The staff members are professional and hard working at all times.
Pros
clean environment, Hardworking staff members
Cons
less hours
very professional
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MichiganSeptember 20, 2017
loved it, awesome work place, very professional, hours great, family atmosphere, when father got sick they showed so much love, and care. if I ever move back to Michigan I would go back and apply with them
Pros
great benefits
Cons
paperwork
Severely understaffed
RN (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHSeptember 11, 2017
Northside in Youngstown Ohio is very understaffed and will often not even have one nurses aide on the floor so you are responsible for getting vitals, assessments, call lights, meds. You're lucky if you have time to eat or take yourself to the bathroom some days.
Northside Medical Center
Dental Resident (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 26, 2017
The opportunity to work at Northside Medical Center for two years was very helpful to me. I feel that I got more experience in my working area. The ability to perform better and be more professional prepared. Northside offers good quality of care to the patients and it give you the opportunity to interact with them.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Very nice.
Supervisor- Michelle Vanhook, R.N (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 2, 2017
If I'm having a hard time with a patient a nurse is almost always there to assist me. Everyone is very nice and hard-working and very courteous. I highly recommend this clinic to anyone.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Outstanding facility with stellar performance reviews.
Director of Radiology (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 17, 2017
I managed day to day operations of the radiology department of an orthopedic specialty hospital. The outstanding reputation of this facility made the job very rewarding. I worked with some of the very best managers in the country.
Beware - CHS 15 billion in debt
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHDecember 14, 2016
Since CHS took over there have been multiple contract CEO's and CFO's. Too much turmoil. Lots of cuts to staff. Patient volumes decreased to a census of 30 when it was over 200 5 years ago! Many employees dismissed with 25 or more years. All 3 Valley Care hospitals up for sale. Not sure who would buy them. Northside's building needs lots of work and is too big for 30 patients. Cuts to quality of care resulting in increased infection rate, decreased patient satisfaction. Bad all around.
Pros
Dedicated employees
Cons
Uncaring corporate staff.
I started my career here
Pharmacy Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHNovember 15, 2016
I had the opportunity to advance at Trumbull Memorial Hospital. I haven't worked there since 2007. I had job security when I was employed there. I would have stayed if the opportunity that I was given didn't come available.
Pros
Positive experience with staff and management
Cons
none that I recall
Northside Medial Center
Two years GPR (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHAugust 5, 2016
As a General Dentistry Resident in this institution learned all the basic and foundation needed to have the skills needed to go into private practice. Great professors, academics, and excellent opportunity to be exposed to tons of practice.
great place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 27, 2016
good place to work. Staff is remarkable. team work is a plus. It can be stressful at times. But with team work you will have a good day
Productive and live on site training
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 20, 2016
I met a lot of elders who appreciated my diligence and smile. Patients made me happy. I learned a lot that goes on inside the clinic and doctors offices.
Pros
great experience from live patients in the clinic
Cons
Intern, no pay.
A very streeful department
Instrument Technician II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2015
If you are a patient which I was last year and the nurses and the surgeon was great. However; as an employee the job is very stressful there are to many bosses in one setting.and not enough man power for the work load.
Pros
Good Hospital
Cons
Poor management
Productive fast-paced work environment
Clinical & Administrative Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHSeptember 8, 2014
Heavy patient workload along with great people to work with.
Phenomenal office manager and overall friendly environment between staff.
Pros
Hour lunch, stability, ease
Cons
poor job security, lack of space
excellent work place,excellent co-workers,wonderful manager.
Registered Nurse/Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 10, 2014
Typical daily routine starts at 5am with getting patients ready for same day or outpatient surgical procedures. I learn daily from interviewing patients, what each individual needs are and how to help them to achieve optimal outcome on their procedures. I work with an excellent group of nurses, awesome manager and very caring group of anesthesiologists and surgeons. The most enjoyable part of my job is that at the end of my day I can leave the workplace knowing that I have helped several people during that day. The hardest part of my job is not knowing for sure how many days a week I will be working-I am part time.
An excellent place to work.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 14, 2014
Working with well-trained and helpful transcriptionists, transcribing very difficult medical and surgical reports, including specialized tests and procedures This hospital primarily focused on cardiovascular specialties, and provided extensive knowledge of terminology involved in cardiovascular procedures. Management strived to allow each employee to perform to their highest potential, and recognized those that excelled. The most difficult part of the job was acquiring the ability to transcribe medical reports from those physicians for which English was their second language. The most enjoyable part of the job was socializing with those in the same field.
Pros
Increased knowledge in the medical and surgical field.
Cons
Short breaks, high standardards of performance.
Busy, Always learning something new
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 6, 2013
A typical day at work is very busy but easy going at the same time. I work mon-fri 8-4. I've learned how to perform x-rays and vision and hearing tests here. My co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is losing a Patient. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching each patient with chronic medical issues like diabetes, hypertension or even chronic pain become stable by taking their medications, going to physical therapy, and following up with us.
Pros
Paid sick/personal/vacation days
Cons
unpaid lunches, small staff