Northstar Location Services

Northstar Location Services Employer Reviews

Ok place to work
Financial Partner / Asset Recovery (Former Employee), Williamsville, NYDecember 1, 2014
Assisted in the recovery of defaulted loans. Worked with a group of 15, assisted in all possible areas of collections.
Terrible
collector (Former Employee), Longwood, FLJune 22, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
The worse company i have every worked for in my life. They are now closed thank god... Too many lawsuits shut them down
great benefits
Senior Collections/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Cheektowaga, NYNovember 19, 2013
Pros: bonus checks and benefits
Cons: high stress environment
general flex work schedule 2 nights required and 2 saturdays a month. I was new to collections when i started and after the training with in the first 2 years i was making a bonus check every month making more money then i had previously. Managment was approachable and helpful. Co-workers were willing to give advice but it is a preformance based business. The hardest part of the job is the stress that comes with monthly quotas. The best part of the job is recognition of accomplishments.
Third Party Collections
Collection Agent - Third Party (Former Employee), Orlando,FLNovember 11, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: stressful environment
Long hours with limited benefits. Advancement was limited
Very upbeat atmosphere.
Debt Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Cheektowaga, NYOctober 16, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, atmosphere, benefits
Cons: not giving new employees a chance to succeed.
This company was not a bad company to work for, except for the fact that they play favorites way to much. They don't give new employees a chance to succeed. It was a Collection Agency, we called past due debtors & worked on payment arrangements. Hours were great. A fun environment to work in. Coworkers were very easy to get alomg with.
Failure is not an option
Collection Professional (Former Employee), Longwood, FLOctober 15, 2013
A typical day at work included signing in at my desk to follow up on all Promises To Pay, Broken Promises, returning any messages from debtor's and then begin working my que, "smile and Dial"!! The hardest part of my job was not hitting my goal one month while employed at Northstar. The most enjoyable part of my job was the reward of a nice bonus check from the hard work and dedication of hitting my monthly goal's!
Supervisors were helpful and supportive. Good benefits
Call Monitoring Specialist (Former Employee), Cheektowaga, NYOctober 3, 2013
Pros: bonus check once a month
Cons: sitting too much in front of the computer
You are on the computer most of the day. In the Compliance Department, we had to monitor collector phone calls to make sure they comply with the FDCPA, state and federal laws and company policies. Also, we had to write up violations and fill out forms on the computer.

This company helped me to get more experience on Microsoft Word and Excel. I also learned what the collectors are permitted to say and to say to customers on the phone. I also gained good knowledge concerning state and federal laws involving collector phone calls to customers.

Management was supportive and understanding and some of my co-workers were helpful.

The hardest part of the job was sitting too much in front of the computer. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new things.
Above average typical collection agency
Division Skip Tracer/ Collections (Former Employee), Cheektowaga, NYDecember 13, 2012
Pros: mid month bonus paid out.
Cons: cell phone ban in facility
A decent amount of daily urgency set by management during daily meetings.
NorthStar Location Services
Recovery Agent (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 22, 2012
Pros: assisiting customers in finding a solution to their financial problems
Cons: not coming to a solution positive solution, win - win for for the customer and company
I am responsible for making phone calls on behalf of various banks and assisting customers in coming to a conclusion as far as several payment arrangements or a lump sum settlement to close out the account to help their credit.