Northstar Location Services Employee Reviews

Difficult work environment with little to no resources.
Collector (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 15, 2017
In my time at Northstar, I never felt as though I was properly prepared for the duties of my position. From the very beginning, I received inadequate training, little to no assistance from management upon requesting it, and an overall impression that I was expected to fend for myself.
fun work environment
Collections Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJune 6, 2017
Great place to earn real money. Come in sit down and get to work.
great pay and and great paper. Some company rules could use changing such as employee reviews should be more indepth.
Don't Get Comfortable in BOA
Point Caller (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 6, 2017
Ropes you in by training you as a collector then put you on the floor as a point caller. Different clients are treated better but I was put on the Bank of America team unfortunately. A lot of office drama. Yelling. Complaining about favoritism. Typical call center antics.

Forces you into point calling and then once all the point caller reach consecutive bonuses, they get forced out by a pay cut.

No exaggeration. $2/hr pay cut but expect the same production. Most quit and the rest were "let go" as of last month.
Pros
Clean, newer pcs
Cons
Terrible schedule system, immature atmosphere
work life balance is great
Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 23, 2017
usually work 6- 8 hours daily (flex shift). I am able to work from home which allows me to spend extra time with my family opposed to traveling. coming from managing agencies (call centers) and now working alone has me anxious to get back into a call center setting.
benefits
Cons
no overtime for extra $
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 2, 2017
You have the opportunity to make great bonus and hourly pay. Management helpful. You will have the best opportunity to do well if you are referred by someone in the management staff.
Fast paced
DEBT RECOVERY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 22, 2017
Work in a fast paced collection environment. Very competitive. Great incentives and bonuses.
There is a 6 day work commitment that can determine your level of success.
Pros
Great opportunity to make money and determine your income
Cons
6 day work week for success
Great job.
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 21, 2017
This is a great place to work, it is fast paced and has high energy. Most of the management is very helpful and supportive, will help anyone who wants to succeed the collection field.
Pros
amazing benefits
Cons
stressful at times
Good Money When There is Good Paper
Skip Tracer (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYDecember 31, 2016
Some supervisors are not very nice and should not be in management. Some supervisors are just fine.

I did like the bonus structure. There is a lot of money to be made.

Some sketchy people work there.
Pros
money
Cons
some supervisors, some arbitrary, changeable rules
Highly entence call center to create production
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLJune 7, 2016
A typical day at North star Location Services was clocking in when scheduled to work my shift in a timely manner. I would log into my work station and Que and begin dialing. I would do all my follow ups first, then second attempts, third attempts, and final attempts. My average calls per day were 150-175.

I would make detailed notes when speaking to all parties and followed all FDCPA guidelines rules and regulations.
I built a pipeline due to my ability to communicate with these individuals in a professional manner. Which created more call volume and return!
Pros
Fast pase inviroment, earned risidual income from bonuses, great benifits
Cons
It was hard to leave work at work and not bring it home
Complete hostile work place
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYDecember 12, 2015
They are constantly breaking laws. The morale is at an all time low. The company demonstrates unfair practices.The language & how they communicate with their employees is unacceptable.
Pros
Cons
everything
Great Company
Customer Service Specialist/Collections (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYSeptember 2, 2015
Was a good company had benefits. Worked around great people very competitive which makes you work even harder to be number one in the office
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
overall ok
High Driven work performance based off of meeting monthly goals
Senior Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLApril 3, 2015
Contacted via phone on pre existing accounts for outstanding balances due. Negotiated to save the company the most revenue. Exceeded overall performance such as closing percentage within the company.
Pros
The Hourly pay plus commisison, beneifts.
Cons
As a indiviudale who like compition, meeting the r equirements exspected, & hitting those goals
Horrible unproffesional management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYFebruary 25, 2015
this is a family and friends run collection agency. The compensation structure doesn't provide room for growth. Only successful people in the company are family and friends
Pros
healthcare, great human resource company
Cons
Horrible managment, and pay structure
Ok place to work
Financial Partner / Asset Recovery (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYDecember 1, 2014
Assisted in the recovery of defaulted loans. Worked with a group of 15, assisted in all possible areas of collections.
Terrible
collector (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLJune 22, 2014
The worse company i have every worked for in my life. They are now closed thank god... Too many lawsuits shut them down
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
great benefits
Senior Collections/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYNovember 19, 2013
general flex work schedule 2 nights required and 2 saturdays a month. I was new to collections when i started and after the training with in the first 2 years i was making a bonus check every month making more money then i had previously. Managment was approachable and helpful. Co-workers were willing to give advice but it is a preformance based business. The hardest part of the job is the stress that comes with monthly quotas. The best part of the job is recognition of accomplishments.
Pros
bonus checks and benefits
Cons
high stress environment
Third Party Collections
Collection Agent - Third Party (Former Employee) –  Orlando,FLNovember 11, 2013
Long hours with limited benefits. Advancement was limited
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Stressful environment
Very upbeat atmosphere.
Debt Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYOctober 16, 2013
This company was not a bad company to work for, except for the fact that they play favorites way to much. They don't give new employees a chance to succeed. It was a Collection Agency, we called past due debtors & worked on payment arrangements. Hours were great. A fun environment to work in. Coworkers were very easy to get alomg with.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Atmosphere, Benefits
Cons
Not giving new employees a chance to succeed.
Failure is not an option
Collection Professional (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLOctober 15, 2013
A typical day at work included signing in at my desk to follow up on all Promises To Pay, Broken Promises, returning any messages from debtor's and then begin working my que, "smile and Dial"!! The hardest part of my job was not hitting my goal one month while employed at Northstar. The most enjoyable part of my job was the reward of a nice bonus check from the hard work and dedication of hitting my monthly goal's!
Supervisors were helpful and supportive. Good benefits
Call Monitoring Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYOctober 3, 2013
You are on the computer most of the day. In the Compliance Department, we had to monitor collector phone calls to make sure they comply with the FDCPA, state and federal laws and company policies. Also, we had to write up violations and fill out forms on the computer.

This company helped me to get more experience on Microsoft Word and Excel. I also learned what the collectors are permitted to say and to say to customers on the phone. I also gained good knowledge concerning state and federal laws involving collector phone calls to customers.

Management was supportive and understanding and some of my co-workers were helpful.

The hardest part of the job was sitting too much in front of the computer. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new things.
Pros
bonus check once a month
Cons
sitting too much in front of the computer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northstar Location Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9