Northstar Location Services Employee Reviews in United States

Highly entence call center to create production
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLJune 7, 2016
A typical day at North star Location Services was clocking in when scheduled to work my shift in a timely manner. I would log into my work station and Que and begin dialing. I would do all my follow ups first, then second attempts, third attempts, and final attempts. My average calls per day were 150-175.

I would make detailed notes when speaking to all parties and followed all FDCPA guidelines rules and regulations.
I built a pipeline due to my ability to communicate with these individuals in a professional manner. Which created more call volume and return!
Pros
Fast pase inviroment, earned risidual income from bonuses, great benifits
Cons
It was hard to leave work at work and not bring it home
Great Company
Customer Service Specialist/Collections (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYSeptember 2, 2015
Was a good company had benefits. Worked around great people very competitive which makes you work even harder to be number one in the office
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
overall ok
great benefits
Senior Collections/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYNovember 19, 2013
general flex work schedule 2 nights required and 2 saturdays a month. I was new to collections when i started and after the training with in the first 2 years i was making a bonus check every month making more money then i had previously. Managment was approachable and helpful. Co-workers were willing to give advice but it is a preformance based business. The hardest part of the job is the stress that comes with monthly quotas. The best part of the job is recognition of accomplishments.
Pros
bonus checks and benefits
Cons
high stress environment
Horrible unproffesional management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYFebruary 25, 2015
this is a family and friends run collection agency. The compensation structure doesn't provide room for growth. Only successful people in the company are family and friends
Pros
healthcare, great human resource company
Cons
horrible managment, and pay structure
Complete hostile work place
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYDecember 12, 2015
They are constantly breaking laws. The morale is at an all time low. The company demonstrates unfair practices.The language & how they communicate with their employees is unacceptable.
Pros
Cons
everything
Very upbeat atmosphere.
Debt Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYOctober 16, 2013
This company was not a bad company to work for, except for the fact that they play favorites way to much. They don't give new employees a chance to succeed. It was a Collection Agency, we called past due debtors & worked on payment arrangements. Hours were great. A fun environment to work in. Coworkers were very easy to get alomg with.
Pros
flexible schedule, atmosphere, benefits
Cons
not giving new employees a chance to succeed.
Third Party Collections
Collection Agent - Third Party (Former Employee) –  Orlando,FLNovember 11, 2013
Long hours with limited benefits. Advancement was limited
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
stressful environment
Supervisors were helpful and supportive. Good benefits
Call Monitoring Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYOctober 3, 2013
You are on the computer most of the day. In the Compliance Department, we had to monitor collector phone calls to make sure they comply with the FDCPA, state and federal laws and company policies. Also, we had to write up violations and fill out forms on the computer.

This company helped me to get more experience on Microsoft Word and Excel. I also learned what the collectors are permitted to say and to say to customers on the phone. I also gained good knowledge concerning state and federal laws involving collector phone calls to customers.

Management was supportive and understanding and some of my co-workers were helpful.

The hardest part of the job was sitting too much in front of the computer. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new things.
Pros
bonus check once a month
Cons
sitting too much in front of the computer
Failure is not an option
Collection Professional (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLOctober 15, 2013
A typical day at work included signing in at my desk to follow up on all Promises To Pay, Broken Promises, returning any messages from debtor's and then begin working my que, "smile and Dial"!! The hardest part of my job was not hitting my goal one month while employed at Northstar. The most enjoyable part of my job was the reward of a nice bonus check from the hard work and dedication of hitting my monthly goal's!
NorthStar Location Services
Recovery Agent (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 22, 2012
I am responsible for making phone calls on behalf of various banks and assisting customers in coming to a conclusion as far as several payment arrangements or a lump sum settlement to close out the account to help their credit.
Pros
assisiting customers in finding a solution to their financial problems
Cons
not coming to a solution positive solution, win - win for for the customer and company
Above average typical collection agency
Division Skip Tracer/ Collections (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYDecember 13, 2012
A decent amount of daily urgency set by management during daily meetings.
Pros
mid month bonus paid out.
Cons
cell phone ban in facility
Ok place to work
Financial Partner / Asset Recovery (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYDecember 1, 2014
Assisted in the recovery of defaulted loans. Worked with a group of 15, assisted in all possible areas of collections.
Terrible
collector (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLJune 22, 2014
The worse company i have every worked for in my life. They are now closed thank god... Too many lawsuits shut them down
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything

2.9