Northwell Health Employee Reviews

I love working at Forest Hills hospital, great staff, teamwork,
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYJanuary 19, 2017
Northwell health takes great pride in their staff , we have great benefits, our patients is priority over anything else, we are a family at this community base hospital, it helps that everyone is involve in patient care not just the nurses or Pca answer the call bell anyone that's on the unit can attend to the patient, we have so many different cultures in the queens area so we are able to provide translator phone at the bedside of patients who require a translator.
Productive yet friendly work environment
Project Management (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJanuary 18, 2017
I gained valuable work experience and office skills. I also became proficient in different computer programs and learned more about ICD-10 codes. Management is friendly and my co-workers were great. I felt like I was learning something new each day even though I had a desk job. I liked collaborating with my co-workers and also other Northwell clients via phone calls.
Pros
Welcoming environment
Cons
Supervisors can be hard to get a hold of
Excellent place to learn and get experience
Senior Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYJanuary 18, 2017
I like the environment people able to work each other, good teamwork. My days here are so busy but you don't feel the flow, day run faster.
Always Rewarding
Dilaysis Tech/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJanuary 17, 2017
Its very rewarding to be able to help patients feel better. Its always educational learning new things. It helps the patients stay positive when you have someone who cares.
Never never never work there!
Technician (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYJanuary 10, 2017
You could not pay me enough to work there! Miserable place. No respect for hard working good employees. Two faced, back stabbing horrible leadership.
Productive, friendly and fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYJanuary 9, 2017
A typical day at work for me is walking into a office full of fun and positive co workers and leadership. While working for Northwell I learned leadership, innovation and good work ethics. The hardest part of my job was not being able to completely assist a patient. The most important of my job was making sure the patients were satisfied.
northwell is a great place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2017
Great company but different locations and positions get different benefits.No paid leave on FMLA unless you use pto or are a MD. Northwell overall wants teamwork but sometimes in the office that does not have happen. All employees talk about each other. Manager does not want any to be friendly to each other. Doctors are hard to work with.
Pros
Great patient care
Cons
Different benefits for different positions and locations.
Never a slow day, routine work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJanuary 9, 2017
A typical day at work involved getting the schedule for your shift and changing stations around the facility. Management and coworkers were mostly good people who were willing to help you out. Hardest part of the job was getting to know the entire facility and dealing with the visitors. Best part was working with the dept's coworkers.
Pros
Good $ for the position, pto, health care
Cons
Constantly dealing with people
very stable
Senior Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJanuary 4, 2017
very stable secure place to work very mixed environment people are nice can be a lot of work at times benefits are pretty good
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
some management has favorites
Abusive place
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYDecember 29, 2016
Managers including the Human Resources department plays favorites. They are abusive and cruel to good people. They talk a good talk but do not walk the walk. They are hypocritical with their culture of care model. I've seen too many people leave because of the way they were treated.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Senior Management. Growth for certain people if u fit their mold.
Terrible managers
Manager, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYDecember 28, 2016
This organization does not care about its employees or their professional growth. Too top heavy. Managers can be very nasty to their employees.
Love this organization
ER Technician (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYDecember 27, 2016
Great place to work. There are many oppuntunities for advancement ...my only wish is that I lived closer to work. The commute after 4+ years has become cumbersome
Pros
Great management teams
Cons
Too far in my travels
Great Place To Be Employed
Coding Reimbursement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYDecember 21, 2016
All employees share in the success. Working environments are safe, comfortable and appealing to work in.Employees are encourage to take steps to further their careers. There are clear and specific expectations for what success looks like in any given job. Employees are recognized for how hard they work.
northwell client service
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYDecember 20, 2016
very overwhelming and stressful environment, I enjoyed my fellow employees, they helped the day go by. I enjoyed helping people and resolving their problems.
Pros
ensentives
Cons
verbal abuse by clients/patients
Great Company
Clerical Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 19, 2016
Some time individual's nepotism overcast the health system mission; however, on a typical day if you work hard you will be able to play hard too
Very stressed job environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYDecember 18, 2016
Management is terrible, no room for growth.. select favoritism towards certain employees. Over worked under payed .. Managers talk about other managers openly .. no engagement to make the work environment better.. not enough staff .
Pros
Good communication between certain coworkers
Cons
No room for growth, management needs improvement, office morale down
Horrible
Office Manager/Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYDecember 14, 2016
bad bad bad. i would never, don't it to yourself, horrible work place environment i hate this place so much so much much bad did i say bad
Excellent
Practice Assistant (Current Employee) –  Smithtown, NYDecember 13, 2016
I believe that this is a great place to work, I would not be looking for another job if I was not looking to move out of state. They look out for their employees and go above and beyond. The opportunities are endless with Northwell health. Once again I would not be looking if I was not moving out of state. I have grown so much as an employee of Northwell health.
Productive and fun work place
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYDecember 12, 2016
A typical day involves helping patients with ADLs and also helping the nurses. Great environment to both learn and grow.
Productive and great place to work
Supervisor of Accounting (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYDecember 6, 2016
Amazing company to work for with lots of room for growth. Great benefits and CLI is great to learn new skills. Very happy and positive coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwell Health. Our community is ready to answer.