Northwell Health Employee Reviews

Private Practice is a relaxed environment
Practice Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2017
As all locations your manager is key and Northwell has great managers. The culture revolves around the care of not just the patients but also the employees.
Fast paced office
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 12, 2017
Employers try to keep work balanced; new management looking to improve work flow but overlook details to meet demands of various depts.

Hardest part of job is to keep positive and improve on customer service when work is relegated to time constraints.
Pros
good for self starters, upper management rewards when possible
Cons
customer service is limited to timeline
Very professional environment
Pactice Office Associte (Current Employee) –  Mt. Kisco, NYNovember 12, 2017
Upper management is on top of things. They care about your success. Co workers are outstanding and hard working people.Good place to learn and advance. I like workiing with the patients. The work day is always different. Supervisor very supportive.
Pros
Very busy the days fly by
Cons
Some days can be stressful
Highly competitive and metric driven
Director of Annual Giving (Current Employee) –  Great Neck, NYNovember 8, 2017
I have been at Northwell for over 17 years and have grown into the leader I am today. The workload is stressful but you learn so much to become successful.
Pros
Productive atmosphere
Cons
Goal driven
A one of a kind place to work
PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYNovember 8, 2017
My personal experience was not as expected. I believe communication between management and employee needs improvement. It would have been great to feel part of the team. However, this is a great organization to work for.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Poor management communication
friendly atmosphere.Productive and team work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYNovember 6, 2017
It could be very hectic at times.by being professional we are able to keep our calm and do the work in a fast space and keep our calm so everything will be done smoothly with no errors. I learned a lot in this position like registering the patients, processing the specimens. managers are great and have considerations for the employees.
Pros
We get free lunches around holiday time, lab week or when someone leaving or retiring.
Cons
when we are short of staff we have to shorten our break.
Productive workplace
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYNovember 6, 2017
The most important thing I learnt here was to multitask as I was the only BA in the team and I managed several sub project. I did everything from arranging meeting to creating documentations. It was a great learning experience there.
Confused
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYNovember 3, 2017
Culture is good but management is confused when it comes to the operation. Always putting out fires and issues are basic at best but no real protocols have been established.
I love working on the post partum floor
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  270-05 76th ave New Hyde Park N.Y 11040November 2, 2017
A typical day is admitting patients and discharging, pulling charts, helping meet patients needs, answering call bell as well as the telephone. The nurses and doctors are a pleasure to work with. My peers as well as myself work well together. The hospital is well respected in the community. when going home from a days work, I feel good knowing that I did my best to help someone else. My motto is a kind word goes a long way.
Pros
It feeling rewarding to help the mother when they need it
Cons
The door of patients is revolving
Great $ Great Stress
Hospital Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYNovember 1, 2017
Its all about who you know, the money is decent but the mismanagement of a lot of departments makes the environment stressful. If you find the right department it will be a comfortable experience. They don't have enough educational programs for current staff. They should have their own continuing education program since they are a teaching hospital also. The culture of the hospital is great,
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYOctober 31, 2017
Northwell is a great place to work. They are very family oriented and many people have relatives in the Health System. Northwell has a great reputation and it was great to be a part of the team.
Fair Company
Manager, Finance (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYOctober 30, 2017
Northwell is a good company to work for. They provided a nice work/life balance, good pay, and excellent benefits.

The finance department is always busy between month end, ongoing audits, and budget season. This makes coming to work a lot of fun because we are constantly busy.
Benefits
Cons
No Bonuses due to not-for-profit
Horrible company to work for
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYOctober 26, 2017
Bosses don't know to treat their employees with respect in the Imaging Service Line department. They are condescending and rude and their expectations are unrealistic. They say it's a 9-5pm job, but in reality you have to work 10+ hours per day. Just an overall toxic environment.
Northwell
Customer Service Representative/Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYOctober 25, 2017
Great place to wrk, great training, fast paced work environment, standard hours, good management, paid time off, okay benefits, call center shows great appreciation for their employees
Pros
Lunch & learns, hour break/two 15s
Benefits
Team Players
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Glen Oaks, NYOctober 24, 2017
Very competitive with working responsibilities among colleagues. Each day I experienced something that would add to my knowledge in this field of health care. My department was very diverse and well-cultured. The hardest part is not being able to give more time to special needs patients, and I most enjoyed celebrating with our team of qualified workers during the holiday season, birthdays, and other celebratory events.
Room to steer your own career
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 24, 2017
The good thing about working here is they give you room to create initiatives allowing you to steer your technically development. The bad thing is if you find suitable solutions it takes forever to make a purchasing decision on software.
N/a
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYOctober 23, 2017
I enjoy working here, the people I have met along the way have been very helpful and informative. The skills I have learned I will take with me for the rest of my life
Nice work environment, great manager
Secretary (Current Employee) –  New YorkOctober 19, 2017
Good company to work for, I was hired as a temporary employee, great work environment & nice management.

Pros: Health care benefits, PTO, room for advancement, tuition reimbursement, good management

Cons: Low starting pay, Part-time hours, Night/weekend shifts
Wonderful Organization to be employed to.
Business Associate (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYOctober 19, 2017
A company that gives their employees the opportunity to grow and develop their talents. Over the past 2 years Northwell has been in the transformational stage and implementing newer technology to be compliant with the Federal government. I must say that I now have a wealth of knowledge relating to organization change management and employee relations. I absolutely love this organization.
Pros
Excellent discounts programs.
Cons
What cons?
Reliable and great opportunities to go higher.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Nassau County, NYOctober 19, 2017
Northwell health is a great place to work. It is very professional and great opportunity in advancing your career. The managers in my department are very professional, well mannered, and also very helpful and understanding in all matters. I have learned is to be professional at all times and work hard by doing your best to achieve results and also take upon yourself, matters that can be resolved before going to managment.
Pros
Health benefits, career advancment
Cons
parking space !! need to arrive earlier to your shift to get parking but free valet is available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwell Health. Our community is ready to answer.