Northwell Health Employee Reviews in United States

Large Strong Company
Billing/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 6, 2016
Large expansive company who is stable in the industry. High volume, high quotas, management who expects you to meet and exceed goals. Highly organized and structured. Expect to work hard in an administrative or billing position for a very average salary. The sense of personalized relationships is lost in this company due to the number of employees and size of the organization.
Great employer: encourages educational advancement
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYApril 6, 2016
Very busy practice providing vascular care to patients from different walks of life and culture. I have learned to be patient, caring and open minded. Great co-workers. The hardest part of my job is seeing someone about to loose their leg. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to calm patients fears.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no room for advancement within department
Excellent place to work and grow in your career path
Project Lead - Information Services (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 28, 2016
- Worked on a focused project - Occasional Overtime

- Learned following:
People management
Time Management
Project Management
Technical Support

- Management was supportive of project and milestones

- Co-Workers were supportive and willing to go the extra to keep the project moving forward

- Managing resources at multiple locations

- Calculating the daily statistical information for management reflecting project accomplishments
Pros
Learning new Technology and Training users
Cons
Contract - Short-Term
Employees make it fun.
Senior Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 31, 2015
I've learned a lot about people working in this call center. The employees make you like your job. There is no real room for advancement unless you have a Bachelor's degree.
Pros
Good Benefits.
Cons
Too many chiefs. Management unreliable.
Helping other's puts me in my happy place
Patient Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hollis, New York 11423June 16, 2016
*Greet all visitors * Answer phones * Enter all attendance and billing into the system * Handle all PTar (MetroCard) transactions, including pick-up every month of new cards * Manage all Sliding -Scale client's with SKIPJACK, including preparing all moneys and delivering it to the cashier at main hospital * Manage all admissions and Discharges
* I have learned a lot about confidentiality and working with people that sometimes aren't ready for help, and you just have to except it and hopefully they will come back when they are ready
*Enjoy working with highly motived co-workers that like to help people * The hardest part of my job is the commute * The most enjoyable part of my job is to see the client's grow and move on successfully with their lives, it is very gratifying to me. I love to help others.
High Volume work place
Sr. Billing Associate (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NY 11021May 16, 2016
Each day was a very busy day for me. Everyday was a learning experience, although most services were similar, however at times were challenging, depending on the situation of the patient. It was a exciting place to work, however management was not strong enough to control some of the behaviors and language in the work place. I worked very well with all of my co-workers, I was helpful when ever I was needed. The hardest part of my job was staying on top of others to complete their work in order to go forward with assignments. Overall, I enjoyed what I did, my working ethics were impeccable, my goals in completing my assignments were uplifting and satisfying.
Pros
Providers and Nurses were caring, attentive, and efficient.
Cons
lunch breaks was too short, and health benefits was too restricted
My thoughts about Derm!
Practice Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYMay 21, 2016
A typical day at Northwell Health, Dept of Dermatology consists of a fast paced environment with the opportunity to meet and appreciative all types of people and their professions. From checking in a patient to meeting new doctors and members of the health system. One aspect of Northwell that I appreciate the most is the skill of learning how to me patent with concerned patients and their medical needs. The hardest part of my day would be to reach there, once i am in the facility my day flies by with many ups and downs but many lessons learned. Everyday at Dermatology is another opportunity to learn.
Pros
Many locations, friendly doctors, opportunity to grow
Cons
Short breaks, cold office, late hours at times
Pca
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYNovember 19, 2015
Excellent place to work as a pca while perusing other goals. Benefits are really good. Management has you back. Co workers are amazing. The best part of the job is seeing how you actions help better another's directly. Hardest part of the job is loosing a patient.
Fun, yet work
Radiology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYSeptember 5, 2015
A lot of positive energy, a lot of laughs but when its time to work, we work hard, and smart. The hardest part of my job is waking up to get there. Management is great, very outgoing and gets along great with everyone in the department.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
great place to work
Customer Services/Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Melville, NY 11747April 1, 2016
Extraordinary place to gain experience, co workers are very helpful and friendly. Management is accessible, concerns and questions are answered constantly
I love working for Northwell.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Patients Accounts) (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYMarch 31, 2016
I have worked with amazing people there. They care about their patients. The benefits are awesome. They even have union positions
NorthShore aka Northwell very professional place
Perioperative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYMay 14, 2016
I use to work at Northshore I must say they are the best in care and professionalism. They treat their employees great compare to other hospital. They hire real "competent" people not people who cant speak well and dont have the "proper" credentials like a well known hospital in the upper east side on Madison ave. I would love to work back but most of the offers are in Long Island. I live near the city.
Pros
Honor their employees work with great recognition
Horrible place to work
Sr. Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYMay 15, 2016
I've been with them for many years and there is no opportunity for growth. they promise you the moon just so you can work like a slave. your not appreciated. the supervisor and managers don't care about no one but themselves. everyone is so quick to throw you under the bus. short staff. all they care about is money. they don't care about the patient at all its like working in a warehouse
Pros
Cons
horrible place to work and horrible place to go as a patient
Great Package, Bad Management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYJune 20, 2016
Management restructures departments that work great like a chess game... just blow up departments without looking at fits between managers and individuals. I would work there again bc the pay is great and the benefits are great but I would first make sure I know who is my manager and try to play the system in my advantage if there is another restructure...
Pros
Benefits Package, Mobiliy
Cons
Too much restructuring and politics
Great Place to work
Information Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 7, 2015
Great work environment! Great benefits, Support of the upper management. Very big organization so it sometime makes things hard to complete.
productive and fun workplace
Unit Receptionist- Labor &Delivery(PT) (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJune 14, 2016
normal working environment. however, if one does not have a doctor affiliated with the hospital its best not to come to deliver your baby. don't view the commercials and assume you can just come... staff prefer you be affiliated in some way or at least have your prenatal paperwork. You'll still be talked about but at least that will be one less thing said.
medical technologist
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYSeptember 13, 2015
Management is very dysfunctional.
No loyalty to staff.
Parking is extremely bad have to get there on 1 hour before shift to find a parking spot.
HR underpays until or if you ever find out what the real salary then you wait 6 months for back pay.
extremely understaffed most of the time
Pros
they own everything
Cons
you need medication just to survive
: I have been working on the Major business process management systems PCLM and HEALTH PORT, Which Hires the physicians and maintain the paycheck orde
Sr. Java/J2EE Lead Project (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 16, 2016
• Involved in (OOAD) Analysis & Design for the project and prepared the technical documents for a distributed architecture at enterprise level.
• Project conversion analysis, planning, modeling, development and testing
Caring and Empathetic
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYNovember 9, 2015
As a nurse at NSLIJ I worked with wonderful people to save lives daily. I learned to be a team player, patient advocate, and to use my clinical knowledge to be the best nurse I can be. My nurse mgr was a mentor to me, my co workers taught me everything I know. The hardest part was leaving to advance my career, the most enjoyable piece is the relationships I have built with the people of NSLIJ and the knowledge and experience I have gained.
Pros
Employee BarBq
Cons
Career Advancement
Sr. Specialist, HR (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYFebruary 21, 2016
Plenty of locations to find a great job with great benefits. Easy commute for any person who lives in the NY, NJ and CT area.