Northwest Academy Employee Reviews

Place needs improvement
Dorm Parent (Former Employee) –  Amargosa Valley, NVMay 30, 2017
It is a family business. No one knows how to communicate with the employees. Screaming and disrespectful Upper-Staff. Some are racist and you are under paid for the job.
Cons
No respect. No structure
Beautiful Setting!
Life staff (Current Employee) –  Naples, IDMay 15, 2017
I enjoy the people I work with and the setting is beautiful. I feel like I am helping to make a kids life better by being here and it's rewarding to see the transformation from when the kids get there to when they leave. Each day is different and I like the variety. Some days are stressful but still manageable. My coworkers are part of a team working toward the same goal and I feel like my contributions are noticed.
Pros
great meals for staff, flexible hours, beautiful setting, excellent benefits
Doing Meaningful Work
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Naples, IDApril 26, 2017
Working with students who have gotten off track and need clinical and academic support to get back on track is fulfilling, meaningful and rewarding. It makes it easy to get up and head out the door to work each day knowing that I am helping to make a difference with students and their families.

Being witness to the personal growth of a student from day one of enrolling into Northwest Academy to graduation day when they share their gratitude to Northwest Academy and the lessons they have learned. They often share it was a difficult journey but one that saved their lives and got them back on track.

Northwest Academy is owned by Universal Health Services, which has been recognized by Fortune as a “World’ Most Admired Company.” UHS makes it their mission to serve their clients/patients first while delivering high quality healthcare. UHS employs more than 77,000 individuals throughout the U.S. and has offers incredible benefits from health, dental and vision insurance to 401K and stock sharing.
A great company where you can make a difference.
Life Staff (Current Employee) –  Naples, IdahoApril 13, 2017
Northwest Academy provides a career where you can make a direct impact on the lives of troubled kids regardless of your position. You become a part of their lives and see the results of your work as they progress through the program and get healthy. The pay and benefits are very competitive, and the atmosphere is professional and fun. Management is a part of the team and I feel like my contribution is valued. I also appreciate the common goal of getting these kids healthy and retaining employees who contribute. The most enjoyable part of the job are the trips out to hike, bike and ski with the kids.
Pros
Free Meals, Pay, Benefits, Hours
Well, the food is good.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Naples, IDMarch 22, 2017
Atmosphere is a drama filled trainwreck. Management is poor and lacks integrity.
Therapy? How can you have a therapist who disciplines you when you tell the truth? Poor kids, they deserve much better.

NWA is a warehouse for kids who smoked weed and their rich parents couldn't deal with it.

....but the food is good.
Pros
Food
Scam
VOLUNTERY CREW LEADER (Former Employee) –  Naples, IDNovember 30, 2015
This place scams families with kids that smoke weed out of 90,000 dollars. Does not help the children, just keeps them out of society.
Pros
Cons
everything
Very pleasant place to work.
Amateur Radio Volunteer Teacher (Former Employee) –  Amargosa Valley, NVOctober 6, 2013
the Administration was very helpful and the students were well mannered and eager to learn Amateur Radio. All students who took the FCC license exam passed on the first try.
Productive, life changing environment.
Academic Aide (Current Employee) –  Amargosa Valley, NVAugust 13, 2013
A typical day at work for myself is just sitting in my little office grading online assignments. I occasionally am allowed to interact with the female students, but only if they need to be tutored.
I learned how to use Odyssey Ware, and how to grade assignments.
There really isn't a hard part to my job, but the most enjoyable thing would have to be when I get to read assignments that have to do with the student's future goals, or past experiences.
I enjoy all of my co-workers.
Pros
Free lunches
busy doing work
Math Instuctor (Former Employee) –  Streamwood, ILMay 2, 2012
i learned a lot from NWA such as class room management. everyday was different depending on which group of students were present at school.
Pros
summer school
Cons
35 hrs per week