Northwest Academy

Northwest Academy Employer Reviews

Working at Northwest Academy has been very rewarding
Academic Director/Academic Advisor (Current Employee), Naples, IDApril 25, 2014
Pros: colleagues creating a team approach
Cons: none at this time
I have felt valued, and the skill set I bring to the school is appreciated by our students and their families. My first position was providing both the supervision of the academic department as well as the advising position for students seeking post-secondary options. As the student population increased, I was given the opportunity to create my own – more... department, providing this service to students and families - and even sometimes kids of colleagues who may benefit from my expertise. – less
Very pleasant place to work.
Amateur Radio Volunteer Teacher (Former Employee), Amargosa Valley, NVOctober 6, 2013
the Administration was very helpful and the students were well mannered and eager to learn Amateur Radio. All students who took the FCC license exam passed on the first try.
Productive, life changing environment.
Academic Aide (Current Employee), Amargosa Valley, NVAugust 13, 2013
Pros: free lunches
A typical day at work for myself is just sitting in my little office grading online assignments. I occasionally am allowed to interact with the female students, but only if they need to be tutored.
I learned how to use Odyssey Ware, and how to grade assignments.
There really isn't a hard part to my job, but the most enjoyable thing would have to be – more... when I get to read assignments that have to do with the student's future goals, or past experiences.
I enjoy all of my co-workers. – less
busy doing work
Math Instuctor (Former Employee), Streamwood, ILMay 2, 2012
Pros: summer school
Cons: 35 hrs per week
i learned a lot from NWA such as class room management. everyday was different depending on which group of students were present at school.
Unpaid Job Internship
Job Shadow - Academic Coordinator/Registrar (Former Employee), Napoli, CAMSeptember 18, 2013
• Organized Time Sheets and Paid vacation sheets
• Ran personal errands: deliveries, tasks, and pickups
• Updated students personal files
• Academic coordinator, to re-insure students attended class
• Created schedules for extracurricular activities