Northwest Academy Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Scam
VOLUNTERY CREW LEADER (Former Employee) –  Naples, IDNovember 30, 2015
This place scams families with kids that smoke weed out of 90,000 dollars. Does not help the children, just keeps them out of society.
Pros
Cons
everything
The Twilight Zone
Staff (Former Employee) –  Amargosa Valley, NVSeptember 27, 2014
Surprised they haven't been shut down. The owner/director is uninvolved and the needs of the students are not top priority for him. The financial stability of this employer is questionable at best. Most of the staff, although lacking in qualifications and higher education, were caring and had good intentions toward the students at least. Unfortunately, the backbiting, sabotage, and passive-aggressive behavior among co-works, and management's participation in cultivating it, made for a hostile work environment. Programming is inadequate and there are no outcome measurements in place. Based on my experience working there, I personally wouldn't place my child in this facility, recommend it to other parents, or to anyone looking for a nice place to work.
Pros
opportunity to improve quality of life for troubled youth
Cons
extremely poor management, unprofessional company culture, employees not valued, generally shady (possibly unethical) business practices
Working at Northwest Academy has been very rewarding
Academic Director/Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Naples, IDApril 25, 2014
I have felt valued, and the skill set I bring to the school is appreciated by our students and their families. My first position was providing both the supervision of the academic department as well as the advising position for students seeking post-secondary options. As the student population increased, I was given the opportunity to create my own department, providing this service to students and families - and even sometimes kids of colleagues who may benefit from my expertise.
Pros
colleagues creating a team approach
Cons
none at this time
busy doing work
Math Instuctor (Former Employee) –  Streamwood, ILMay 2, 2012
i learned a lot from NWA such as class room management. everyday was different depending on which group of students were present at school.
Pros
summer school
Cons
35 hrs per week
Very pleasant place to work.
Amateur Radio Volunteer Teacher (Former Employee) –  Amargosa Valley, NVOctober 6, 2013
the Administration was very helpful and the students were well mannered and eager to learn Amateur Radio. All students who took the FCC license exam passed on the first try.