Northwest Administrators

Northwest Administrators Employer Reviews

Sketchy company with sketchy management
Auditor (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 11, 2014
I knew something wasn't right about this company within my first few months of working here. Everything from the work I am doing to the policies and behavior of upper management is questionable. This company audits external employers who were basically trapped (and locked) into paying into this trust fund that pulls tricks here there - basically "hidden – more... fees." I've had to bill other employers for a lot of money that they never legitimately would have known they had to pay, yet the company can get away with it. There have been a few other practices that made me raise an eyebrow, but of course I have no choice but to go with it if I want to keep my job.

Northwest Administrators hires people who they know cannot get jobs elsewhere, either due to no experience or lack of a degree (for some positions). Sadly, the company can take advantage of this by working their employees like horses and talking down on them. They can do whatever they want, because they know the employees are having a hard time getting another job. You're only an exception to this if you can get in good and become friends with the supervisors.

The supervisors lack professional supervisory skills, and the upper management obviously doesn't mind that. I myself haven't had run-ins with the supervisors, simply because I've managed to stay under the radar. But I've witnessed the way they talk to other employees and the kind of work they dump on them with unrealistic deadlines. I've seen them fire employees, and all of us knew that it was really based off personal vendettas that the upper management had with that employee. The supervisor's behavior can get pretty repulsive, so it's no surprise as to why they are now experiencing low staff rates and extremely high turnover. They get very suspicious of employees who call off sick, because they know people are out interviewing for other jobs.

They sometimes hire new auditors through a staffing agency, because the company has a hard enough time recruiting candidates. If you are hired through the staffing agency, you must sign a year-long contract (you will have to pay a fee if you leave before a year). If you are a prospective employee considering this job, I would say be very careful. If you have other similar job offers, I would avoid this company and take another job. If you do not have any other offers, I guess you have little choice but be careful about accepting this job.

P.S. Be wary when reading positive reviews about this company on any website. I know two of the people who wrote some positive reviews, and they did so because the company made them. – less
unionized job with great pay
Insurance Policy Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Seattle, WANovember 24, 2013
Pros: pay, starbucks across the street, great people to meet
Cons: poor parking, management can be snooty
you get trained on all the jobs unless you come in with experience, you start off on the bottom tier of pay for the position, but every three months your pay goes up until you hit the max pay then yearly you get cost of living increase. The management can be nice or they can make life miserable. I unfortunately moved to a department with a supervisor – more... who I really did not like. I finally left after she hit a nerve with me. – less
Fast paced environment
Supervisor, Day Shift (Current Employee), EastlakeNovember 4, 2013
Pros: the contract employees are a great bunch of people.
Cons: management's lack of people skills
Management likes to micro-manage. They hire supervisors to basically take care of the staff, but if they don't like a staff member, work with you to find "errors" so they can be terminated. As a supervisor, I worked over 8 hours a day, worked weekends for mandatory overtime, but never received comp time if I asked for a day off.
Short term work
Imaging File Clerk (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 17, 2013
It was temporary work. I was there to collect files for a new process the company was implementing.
Unproductive environment
Business Auditor (Former Employee), Seattle, WashingtonJuly 18, 2012
Pros: travel
Cons: frustrating business model
Would travel to a company and review payroll records to make sure pension contributions had been made properly. Company was paid by teamsters a high per hour rate so it was in their best interest for the audits to take as long as possible with no emphasis placed on efficiency or quality. Terrible place for a hard working ambitious person.
Great management
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAJune 8, 2012
I have gained many analytical skills, reading labor contracts and auditing payroll records. My co-workers are excellent and the management rocks.