Northwest Bank Employee Reviews

A much needed Internship!
Summer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 30, 2017
A typical day at work included creating data spreadsheets for the company, opening accounts for customers, and being a teller when needed. I essentially was there to help in anyway I could which in the end gave me a lot of well rounded skills.
It's a wonderful place to work
Floating Teller (Current Employee) –  Zelienople, PAMay 22, 2017
A typical day is busy helping customers, but it is very nice environment and good experience. It is very enjoyable when working with a wonderful team and nice guests.
Great People undergoing a significant change
Employee (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 16, 2017
Great values, young bank looking to grow rapidly through acquisition. Undergoing a new leadership change. Will find excellent personnel at each individual location. However, be advised that different cultures exist at each of the locations in Lake Oswego, Boise and Seattle. Executive Management is trying to push a "one bank" culture, but the reality is that you may encounter the fact that different people are treated different from the top.
Working inside a store is different
Sales & Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAMay 10, 2017
I enjoyed working for the bank. The only thing I didn't like was I didn't feel training was always up to date. They sent us for training for different things but mostly sent letters and papers to read over. In a bank there is not always time to read 15 pages while taking care of customers.
AVP, Assistant Relationship Officer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 9, 2017
typical day at work includes research and analysis of applicants' credit information

management is supportive and responsive

aggressive growth is part of the company's culture
Employee focus
Indirect Loan Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Warren PAMay 8, 2017
Northwest is a good place to work, with many perks available to the employee, such as coffee and refreshments. There is a café, with WIFI. They offer exercise classes and massage onsite at employee expense multiple times thru out the year.
Pros
Good benefits, 401K, pension plan
Cons
travel distance from home to work
teller
Teller (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYMay 4, 2017
its a good company to work for. you are like a family. I was never in banking before and they will teach you everything that you will need to know. its a great 830-430 job
Nice place to be
Part Time Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Warren, PAApril 25, 2017
They made me feel welcome with in days. Had a potluck to welcome me and were always there to answer any questions that I had. One time my drawer was off balance and everybody helped me break it down so that we could go home at the same time.
entry level
Equity Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Warren, PAApril 19, 2017
It was a company that is so corporate that you have to wear a suit to work every day and make very little money. They didn't recognize good talent and pushed everyone past their breaking point.
Great place to work, great benefits and great employees
Retail Servicing Representative (Former Employee) –  Warren, PAMarch 27, 2017
This job was really a nice job. Employees all got along, management was getting better everyday. Pay wasn't that great but the pressure wasn't that great either. Hardest part of job was keeping up the work load when people were off. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to go to anyone there and ask a question then actually get the correct answer.
Pros
Employees were very friendly and we all got along, benefits were great
Cons
Pay wasn't that great
I moved on with my life.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 22, 2017
Working in the branch was difficult. Bad management, couldn't get full time in the office, people hang on to their jobs like a pope. When an opportunity would come up, you better be the managers best friend or AUNT, COUSIN, NIECE, WHATEVER. VERY much a network. When I finally did get full time, it was at the call center. LOVELY People, but a call center is NOT for everyone. High stress, you never know what kind of calls are going to come thru. Wonderful experience, really boosts a resume. You learn behind the scenes of banking, things you would not learn at a branch. Full time employees get GREAT BENEFITS. ESOP, Healthcare, etc.
Pros
Esop, 401k, Healthcare, block schedule, vacation, sick pay
Cons
Constant change, branch managers, pay
Centered around education for students
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 7, 2017
A typical work day consists of helping customers with loan payments, credit card payments, etc. A key trait I have learned is to be very detail oriented. Working with customer's accounts leaves little room for error. Management has always be very helpful in working around my college class schedule and that was very appreciated. Workplace culture is above average. Sports talk is very common and helps the day go by easier. The hardest part about the work would be trying to explain to a customer that a certain product they are requesting is not offered by the bank.
Pros
Management is willing to work around various conflictions such as family, school, etc
Cons
short handed at times
Northwest Bank
File Imaging Clerk (Current Employee) –  Spencer, IAFebruary 15, 2017
Everyone is awesome here. I have learned a lot of different documents and different programs. I like how if you need help because you see something new they are more than willing to help.
Calm environment. good learning tactics
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Algona, IAFebruary 2, 2017
I felt comfortable going to work each day knowing that someone would answer any questions I had or help me in anyway they could. I thoroughly enjoyed working with the customers and seeing what each and every new day brought to the table.
great place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 17, 2017
I enjoyed working with the people. I learned how to use a computer and other software. The hardest part of the job is to help balance their checkbook when you cant see what they are looking at.
benefits
Cons
schedule
Productive workplace with opportunities for advancement
CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 16, 2017
It's a good professional workplace with mostly female employees. The hardest part of the job is keeping your cool when a customer is unhappy or angry. Management is very supportive.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Work closely with customers and co-workers.
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Bethel Park, PADecember 29, 2016
Seasoned professional experienced in working in a fast paced environment, requiring strong interpersonal, organizational, and technical skills. Detail-oriented, highly trustworthy, ethical and resourceful in completing projects and tasks.

Provide account services to customers by receiving deposit and loan payments; cashing checks; issuing withdrawals; recording night and mail deposits; selling cashiers checks, money orders, and IPS checks; answering questions in person or on telephone.
Don't waste your time with this job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 22, 2016
You get discriminated on, NEVER have anough or any time for personal activities that need taken care of, such as appointments etc because you're scheduled every day at inconvenient hours. You do not make enough for what you endure at that job.
Pros
Only pro were the 4 day weekends, they took those away
my review
teller (Former Employee) –  paNovember 26, 2016
The trainer in the Warren branch was not very good at all. I trained for a week and was sent to my home office where I practically knew nothing but the basics and was told they would teach me there. I had previously been in banking but the outdated machines they have are very confusing to learn. The boss had no idea how to operate the banking floor and had to rely on my co-workers. I did my job accurately greeting customers, making eye contact, trying to learn all their names and process transactions in a timely manor.I did everything they asked of me and if I had a problem I would question it before putting the transaction through. The branch was understaffed and the boss was rarely there. If I had a customer for a referral that I gave they had to wait days for an answer, I did my best in everything I did but by my third month I was asked to leave. They don't give you a chance to learn all the things they expect you to know in a three month time period. They bring you your coat and belongings and walk you out the door as if you were a criminal. I would not recommend anyone to go for a job there they are not fair to their employees who want to learn.That was the worst experience of my life and I know I can do better.
Stuck in Time Warp
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 16, 2016
The culture at NW is old school and outdated. There is a lack of leadership, progressive thinking and appreciation
for talent outside of Warren PA. It's a punitive environment and everyone in the branch system feels
unappreciated. Technolgy is outdated and procedures are decades behind other banks .
Pros
Benefits and physical work environment
Cons
Compensation, work culture, nepotism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwest Bank. Our community is ready to answer.