Northwest Center Employee Reviews

Northwest Center has an amazing mission!
Family Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 3, 2016
I loved working for Northwest Center for a million reasons. Getting to work alongside people of all abilities was one of the most fun parts of my job. I really enjoyed coming in every day and working with the families I served.

The work/life balance score was low because it is related to the specific job I was in and would not be so low for most of the positions offered at NWC. In my case, I was in more of a social worker role which paid very low for the area and I worked along side therapists who were paid very well for the area. The disparity caused discontent in the people in my role, but we still worked worked hard and had good working relationships with the therapists.

Management varies from department to department, but the benefits, HR, and co-workers I had were amazing.

Comment – October 5, 2016

Thank you for the time you took to review Northwest Center as an employer. We are delighted to hear that you loved working here.

Northwest Center
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 5, 2016
I truly enjoy working for Northwest Center. Most of my days are full of variety and challenging opportunities to grow professionally. I enjoy working for Northwest Center for many reasons: Fabulous Co-Workers, Great Environment, Management Team Open to Ideas, Room for Growth, and I leave daily feeling great about where I work and what we do as a company/team.
Pros
Work Environment, Benefits, Great People, A Mission That We Are All Proud Of

Comment – October 7, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review Northwest center. We are delighted to hear that you leave your job daily feeling great!

Great opportunities for growth within an organization with a strong mission
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 17, 2016
I have worked here many years and have grown a ton professionally. For a non profit, the pay is great. They try to stay competitive in the different markets. The benefits are also great, medical benefits are very low! My supervisor is fabulous and has been a given me great opportunities to grow and countless training opportunities. Everyday is hectic and different, which I really enjoy. I also work with some great employees!
Pros
Great supervisor, great co workers
Cons
While my medical is very cheap, dependant coverage is 100% employee paid
Disposable employee culture
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 24, 2016
Disposable employee culture, not interested in keeping people long enough to get benefits.

Poor work environment overall.

Comment – October 5, 2016

Thank you for your review of Northwest Center. As we grow we are constantly working on areas of improvement and increasing our strengths. We appreciate your honesty and thoughts.

Great Benefits, poor management, very disorganized
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 9, 2016
Benefits are strong, management is incredibly poor due to lack of support. Growing company that needs more guidance. Fun people but poor place to be employed

Comment – October 5, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review Northwest Center. We appreciate your feedback and are constantly working to grow and make improvements in our team environments. We are glad thatyou enjoyed the benefits and fun people that you worked with.

fun workplace
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  kent wa 97032March 21, 2016
a day here is coming in to oversee about 20 people per day and processing 40,000 lbs. I have learn so much of the new programs that are needed to process all of our customers linen. Management is very supportive and gives us the tools to succeed daily. My co workers are excellent they are family. the hardest part of the job is pushing the carts after we have loaded them with all the linen we process daily for our customers. the best part of the job is the people
Pros
the people and management
Cons
he heavy carts

Comment – October 5, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review Northwest center. We are glad to hear you feel supported by the management team.

Great mission with many opportunities for growth.
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 26, 2015
I love working at Northwest Center. The people that I work with truly care about the mission and the people that we serve. I've had the opportunity to advance in the organization multiple times and I've always enjoyed support from my immediate supervisors.

I'd like to see more tools for inter-organizational communication, as I think this would go a long way toward strengthening employee/employer relationships.

While things do move slower in terms of change, this is fairly common for non-profits. The vision for the future is cutting edge, creative and far reaching and it's incredibly rewarding to build things from the ground up.
Pros
Great benefits, high pay for a non-profit, flexibility, work/life balance
Gained Management Experience
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMarch 23, 2013
Each day at work I was the manager, there were issues to resolve, recieving to be completed, store reorganizing to be done, money to be tracked, tills to be counted down, a store to maintain profitabe while retaining employees.
I learned how to manage for the first time in my working career. I learned how to train employees, how to budget, project future expendatures, make a schedule, do payroll, cover shifts and handle employees and customers alike in difficult situations.
I respected the management and the training I recieved. My co-workers were great and alway supportive.
The hardest part about the job was dealing with irrate customers and those who threatened my employees and myself when things did not go their way (late fees weren't removed, credit cards were charged, movies not in stock). It took time learn how to handle many different situations, however I am both a better person and a more effective communicator due to past experiences.
The best part about the job was having the management responsibility and watching the financial growth of my store.
Pros
successful management experience
Cons
angry customers
Good direction and attitude from bosses. Friendly and personable people.
Provision Loader (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WASeptember 30, 2014
A typical day at work began previous day at home with a call to show up at the Park & Ride; anywhere from 5:30 a.m.to 7:00 a.m., depending on the assignment.
The team was transported to the job site by Van Pool. I.D. was checked at the gate (I had a security clearance). Management explained the assignment and we began loading/unloading. The hardest part of the job was working in confined areas on subs. The most enjoyable part of the job was working outside in the warmer weather and learning about the different ships. I got along with my co-workers and tried to help them when I could..
Pros
Free lunches occasionally on-board ship.
Cons
Confined spaces on-board subs.
Great company to work for.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 21, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy everyone and everything at Northwest Center at Amazon. Fun, energetic, and friendly atmosphere! Everyone enjoy their job and compensation is great! Managers really care about their employees and show it everyday!

Want to know more about Northwest Center?

Ask a question
Great Place to work Excellent benefits
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 12, 2012
working at northwest center gave me the opportunity to work on the everett navy base an experience i'll never forget i did enjoy my time there
Pros
great pay great benefits great hours
Cons
no overtime and no advancement
Love everyone but the management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 12, 2015
Every day was definitely different. Where I was stationed, there were so many people to meet and most times you don't greet the same people. The work load was do-able and busy, but the management was not. Management was not organized, and it seemed as if rumors go through the grapevines very easily. Even if it was just about going to school. Northwest Center at Amazon's managers MICROMANAGE! One manager will tell you to do something one way, but another manager won't like it.
It is a great cause!
Admin. (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 14, 2015
I've been here for about 1.5 years, and I'm still learning new things everyday. There is no typical day at work when it comes to Northwest Center. The people you are surrounded by are for the most part, remarkable. Overall it really is a great place to work. You find yourself happy to wake up and head to work each morning, because you know that you are making a difference in someones life; regardless of your position at NWC!
I believe the hardest part of the job is knowing that you are working for a non-profit which means your working for pennies. Most of the people working here are here because they love their job not because they need it.
Pros
The social environment is awesome! Your peers can easily become your friends. Smiles all around!
Cons
Short breaks, not enough pay for the job you actually do.
Social Services Mission Driven
VP Program Services (Former Employee) –  SeattleNovember 29, 2011
I worked here for about a year. In the social services environment serving persons with developmental disabilities there is a strong sense of purpose, of belonging to something worthwhile. Typically the pay is low for this type of work though NWC is large enough to offer opportunities for advancement.
alot of work little help
Inventory/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAJanuary 28, 2015
come in and put out fires from previous day work that was not completed.
some of the management is easy to work with others not so much.
co-workers are great, we hire people with disabilities and they are fun to work with.
Maintenenace center
Provision Loader (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJanuary 10, 2015
Work a lot of overtime, typical day 12 hours, work as shop stewarrd
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Fired-no reason
Laundry assistant
Laundry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 18, 2015
I was responsible for folding sheets, hospital/army blankets, hospital gowns, and sorting hospitality materials. I worked with commercial laundry machines.
In Seattle
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAOctober 21, 2014
I do not share information from previous employers. It was fun and I enjoyed the time I worked for them.
Pros
work
Cons
commute
Fun, diverse work place.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 29, 2014
Fun, diverse work place. Had a lot of fun working with Amazon.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwest Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Northwest Center Reviews by Location