Northwest Center

Northwest Center Employee Reviews

It is a great cause!
Admin. (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 14, 2015
Pros: The social environment is awesome! Your peers can easily become your friends. Smiles all around!
Cons: Short breaks, not enough pay for the job you actually do.
I've been here for about 1.5 years, and I'm still learning new things everyday. There is no typical day at work when it comes to Northwest Center. The people you are surrounded by are for the most part, remarkable. Overall it really is a great place to work. You find yourself happy to wake up and head to work each morning, because you know that you are making a difference in someones life; regardless of your position at NWC!
I believe the hardest part of the job is knowing that you are working for a non-profit which means your working for pennies. Most of the people working here are here because they love their job not because they need it.
Love everyone but the management
Receptionist (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 12, 2015
Every day was definitely different. Where I was stationed, there were so many people to meet and most times you don't greet the same people. The work load was do-able and busy, but the management was not. Management was not organized, and it seemed as if rumors go through the grapevines very easily. Even if it was just about going to school. Northwest Center at Amazon's managers MICROMANAGE! One manager will tell you to do something one way, but another manager won't like it.
alot of work little help
Inventory/Office Manager (Current Employee), Kent, WAJanuary 28, 2015
come in and put out fires from previous day work that was not completed.
some of the management is easy to work with others not so much.
co-workers are great, we hire people with disabilities and they are fun to work with.
Maintenenace center
Provision Loader (Former Employee), Bremerton, WAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: fired-no reason
Work a lot of overtime, typical day 12 hours, work as shop stewarrd
In Seattle
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Tukwila, WAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: work
Cons: commute
I do not share information from previous employers. It was fun and I enjoyed the time I worked for them.
Good direction and attitude from bosses. Friendly and personable people.
Provision Loader (Former Employee), Bremerton, WASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches occasionally on-board ship.
Cons: confined spaces on-board subs.
A typical day at work began previous day at home with a call to show up at the Park & Ride; anywhere from 5:30 a.m.to 7:00 a.m., depending on the assignment.
The team was transported to the job site by Van Pool. I.D. was checked at the gate (I had a security clearance). Management explained the assignment and we began loading/unloading. The hardest part of the job was working in confined areas on subs. The most enjoyable part of the job was working outside in the warmer weather and learning about the different ships. I got along with my co-workers and tried to help them when I could..
Fun, diverse work place.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 29, 2014
Fun, diverse work place. Had a lot of fun working with Amazon.com.
Gained Management Experience
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Kent, WAMarch 23, 2013
Pros: successful management experience
Cons: angry customers
Each day at work I was the manager, there were issues to resolve, recieving to be completed, store reorganizing to be done, money to be tracked, tills to be counted down, a store to maintain profitabe while retaining employees.
I learned how to manage for the first time in my working career. I learned how to train employees, how to budget, project future expendatures, make a schedule, do payroll, cover shifts and handle employees and customers alike in difficult situations.
I respected the management and the training I recieved. My co-workers were great and alway supportive.
The hardest part about the job was dealing with irrate customers and those who threatened my employees and myself when things did not go their way (late fees weren't removed, credit cards were charged, movies not in stock). It took time learn how to handle many different situations, however I am both a better person and a more effective communicator due to past experiences.
The best part about the job was having the management responsibility and watching the financial growth of my store.
Great Place to work Excellent benefits
Custodian (Former Employee), Everett, WADecember 12, 2012
Pros: great pay great benefits great hours
Cons: no overtime and no advancement
working at northwest center gave me the opportunity to work on the everett navy base an experience i'll never forget i did enjoy my time there
Social Services Mission Driven
VP Program Services (Former Employee), SeattleNovember 29, 2011
I worked here for about a year. In the social services environment serving persons with developmental disabilities there is a strong sense of purpose, of belonging to something worthwhile. Typically the pay is low for this type of work though NWC is large enough to offer opportunities for advancement.
Employees