Northwest Center Employee Reviews

Great Mission
A/R and Billing Supervisor and System Management (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 23, 2017
Team oriented and fast paced work environment. Everyone supports the NWC mission. I enjoyed the work as well as working directly with some of the clients.
Benefits
Excellent company
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 13, 2017
Unfortunately, from where I stand with my current company I have not advanced, and it doesn't look like I will ever with them. I want a job where I can advance to positions such as lead, supervisor, manager perhaps and if I do well enough, director!

Other than that I see Northwest Center as an excellent company!
Pros
Physical exercise
Cons
insufficient pay
Well managed, less competitive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 23, 2017
Each day the team would start a new task for a local company with quality in mind, packaging and handling merchandise. Normal work days in a good air quality warehouse, and working with clients.
fun workplace
Driver (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WA 98908August 9, 2017
nice equipment pretty straight forward with what you need to do you drivw to customers location and and shred all there important documents for them in a timely manner
Great Place
Move Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 1, 2017
Great place, wonderful people, and many opportunities to advance. Started as a receptionist moved up to a coordinator. All of my team leaders and supervisors are super supportive and helpful.
Excellent company to work for
Employment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 24, 2017
Northwest Center is incredible; it lives up to it's mission of employing people of all abilities and achieves integration of workers with and without disabilities in a noble and authentic way.
Love working at Northwest Center
Employment Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAApril 11, 2017
Great company to work for, just hard to move internally in the company because management stays in place for long tenures. The company pays you for all the mileage you drive also.
Pros
Great PTO
Cons
Lots of driving
April 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Northwest Center. If you have questions about internally applying to positions at NWC please reach out to a NWC Talent Acquisition Team Member. We would be happy to discuss your love for working at NWC and your interest in future roles within the NWC family.

Excellent working place
Employment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 27, 2017
I found this job to a strong provider for self care and allows the employees develop there professional skills independently and with support. All around this company give their employees support when needed.
April 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Northwest Center. One of our goals is for all NWC employees and clients to feel supported. We are so glad to hear you feel this support.

good work exp.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAFebruary 3, 2017
typical day would be cleaning office spaces,bathrooms emptying trashes, i learned tricks and trades of being a janitor.
April 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Northwest Center. It's wonderful to hear that you learned tricks of the trade while working with us.

A place that cares
Business Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 29, 2017
This is the kind of establishment that allows an individual to move up, learn and make a difference in a company that is trending upward. Anyone willing to work hard and be recognize should keep this company in mind.
April 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Northwest Center. We are glad you find the value in working hard at a company that is trending forward.

Northwest Center
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 5, 2016
I truly enjoy working for Northwest Center. Most of my days are full of variety and challenging opportunities to grow professionally. I enjoy working for Northwest Center for many reasons: Fabulous Co-Workers, Great Environment, Management Team Open to Ideas, Room for Growth, and I leave daily feeling great about where I work and what we do as a company/team.
Pros
Work Environment, Benefits, Great People, A Mission That We Are All Proud Of
October 7, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review Northwest center. We are delighted to hear that you leave your job daily feeling great!

Great Place to Work!
HR (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 5, 2016
Northwest Center is a great place to work. My coworkers are amazing, and it is a very team oriented environment. There are many opportunities for growth within our organization, and I have built a great career here.
October 7, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review Northwest center. We love that you enjoy your team oriented environment and are enjoying your career with us!

Northwest Center has an amazing mission!
Family Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 3, 2016
I loved working for Northwest Center for a million reasons. Getting to work alongside people of all abilities was one of the most fun parts of my job. I really enjoyed coming in every day and working with the families I served.

The work/life balance score was low because it is related to the specific job I was in and would not be so low for most of the positions offered at NWC. In my case, I was in more of a social worker role which paid very low for the area and I worked along side therapists who were paid very well for the area. The disparity caused discontent in the people in my role, but we still worked worked hard and had good working relationships with the therapists.

Management varies from department to department, but the benefits, HR, and co-workers I had were amazing.
October 5, 2016

Thank you for the time you took to review Northwest Center as an employer. We are delighted to hear that you loved working here.

Great opportunities for growth within an organization with a strong mission
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 17, 2016
I have worked here many years and have grown a ton professionally. For a non profit, the pay is great. They try to stay competitive in the different markets. The benefits are also great, medical benefits are very low! My supervisor is fabulous and has been a given me great opportunities to grow and countless training opportunities. Everyday is hectic and different, which I really enjoy. I also work with some great employees!
Pros
Great supervisor, great co workers
Cons
While my medical is very cheap, dependant coverage is 100% employee paid
Disposable employee culture
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 24, 2016
Disposable employee culture, not interested in keeping people long enough to get benefits.

Poor work environment overall.
October 5, 2016

Thank you for your review of Northwest Center. As we grow we are constantly working on areas of improvement and increasing our strengths. We appreciate your honesty and thoughts.

Great Benefits, poor management, very disorganized
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 9, 2016
Benefits are strong, management is incredibly poor due to lack of support. Growing company that needs more guidance. Fun people but poor place to be employed
October 5, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review Northwest Center. We appreciate your feedback and are constantly working to grow and make improvements in our team environments. We are glad thatyou enjoyed the benefits and fun people that you worked with.

fun workplace
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  kent wa 97032March 21, 2016
a day here is coming in to oversee about 20 people per day and processing 40,000 lbs. I have learn so much of the new programs that are needed to process all of our customers linen. Management is very supportive and gives us the tools to succeed daily. My co workers are excellent they are family. the hardest part of the job is pushing the carts after we have loaded them with all the linen we process daily for our customers. the best part of the job is the people
Pros
the people and management
Cons
he heavy carts
October 5, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review Northwest center. We are glad to hear you feel supported by the management team.

Great mission with many opportunities for growth.
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 26, 2015
I love working at Northwest Center. The people that I work with truly care about the mission and the people that we serve. I've had the opportunity to advance in the organization multiple times and I've always enjoyed support from my immediate supervisors.

I'd like to see more tools for inter-organizational communication, as I think this would go a long way toward strengthening employee/employer relationships.

While things do move slower in terms of change, this is fairly common for non-profits. The vision for the future is cutting edge, creative and far reaching and it's incredibly rewarding to build things from the ground up.
Pros
Great benefits, high pay for a non-profit, flexibility, work/life balance
Great company to work for.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 21, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy everyone and everything at Northwest Center at Amazon. Fun, energetic, and friendly atmosphere! Everyone enjoy their job and compensation is great! Managers really care about their employees and show it everyday!
Laundry assistant
Laundry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 18, 2015
I was responsible for folding sheets, hospital/army blankets, hospital gowns, and sorting hospitality materials. I worked with commercial laundry machines.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwest Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Northwest Center Reviews by Location