Northwest Christian University Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Do it for the students as they are the future
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 8, 2017
I worked here my senior year of college, and then when I was doing my MBA. While there are politics at any institution, it is a great place to work. You can talk about your believes in God openly and help students who are struggling in their faith, in their coursework and empower them to do anything they put their mind to as they are the future.
Small private Christian university with a good heart but misdirected leadership
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 25, 2014
I went through 4 office moves, 4 supervisor changes, the departure of one president and the induction of a new president, extreme budget excess to budget cutbacks, a name change from college to university, and the institution being put on probation by the accreditation body. The strength of my team is what kept me there.
Pros
Very little supervision; good team work atmosphere
Cons
Too much internal politics
Positive Work Environment
I worked as an online adjunct professor (Former Employee) –  OnlineJanuary 23, 2014
I loved working for NWCU as an online adjunct professor. I facilitated the discussion posts, graded their weekly essays, and designed projects that would help my students meet the requirements for the online non-license MAED program. I had a lot of support from the Online Coordinator and loved working with the students.
Pros
worked at home
Cons
n/a
Comfortable working environment within my school library
Chemistry Tutor (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 13, 2012
A typical day at work included seating myself within the school library and assisted and answering students who were in need of help in Chemisty. Aside from that, I also had to grade papers for the prof. I would say that latter portion was my least favorite portion of the job, simply because of how tedious and time-consuming it was, for I had to grade papers from all the students in the class.
Pros
very flexible hours
Cons
students would not always how up
This job is great.
Christian ministry (Current Employee) –  eugene orMarch 3, 2012
This job is great. I work with the Pastor and get to met many speaker. It is fun to work with so many great people and learn new stuff every day.
Pros
good balance for school
Cons
few work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwest Christian University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3