Northwest Community Healthcare Employee Reviews

Be careful
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Small unit - I'd rather not specifyJanuary 19, 2018
All I can say is watch your back! Management is horrible, to the point of feeling bullied if your personal values are not the same. Got the same from some fellow RNs as well. Toxic environment.
Pros
close to home
Cons
my nurse manager NEVER had my back
Excellent benefits
Patient Access Specialist - Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 5, 2018
A typical day at work is stressful and very busy. Patient intake requires both speed and accuracy in retrieving demographic data and insurance information. Must be able to multi-task and manage time effectively. Demands are always changing as will needs at any given moment. Must be a team player with all levels of the staff.
Pros
Benefits are very good
Cons
Workplace culture is not respectful
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bufalo New YorkDecember 13, 2017
Good job and nice people to work with very friendly and professional environment. Good hours and decent pay. Decent amount of breaks easy going work place
I would prefer not to make any comments about the place where I am currently working right now
NUCLEAR MEDICINE TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Arlington Hts, ILNovember 27, 2017
I would prefer not to make any comments about the place where I am working right now. Like any company, this place has it's good and bad, it's ups and downs.
Poor mamagemt
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 16, 2017
Hard work is not recognized or appreciate. You will be take advantages of if you do not stand up for yourself
They only worry about numbers and money not the employee.
Don't work here!
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILNovember 9, 2017
Extremely poor management! Favoritism to the max! High turnover rate and no one ever looks into why! No appreprication for good workers and bad workers get better treatment!
Great people
Organizational Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILOctober 13, 2017
The people are who make NCH so enjoyable and what has kept me from looking in the past. The CEO is down to earth and well received, however too busy to see how his vision is not being adhered to by his leaders
Pros
People
Cons
HR leadership is in the hip pocket of leaders
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARSeptember 6, 2017
I left this position because my doctor was moving on to a new venture in life and I was not willing to stay and work for another doctor, I did have a good experience while I was there
Awful Management
Spa (Former Employee) –  Wellness CenterAugust 30, 2017
Do not even bother applying. The Wellness Center and Spa have awful management. Management is very political and let the mangers that have worked there the longest do whatever they want instead of what's best for the company.
Benefits are horrible. Cheaper costs under the care of competetors. Cannot make allowed weekly hours.
Urgent Care Lab Rep (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 24, 2017
Schedule is all over the place. Moved to different sites on a regular basis, management cannot cover the 72 hours hired for. Expensive benefits. Cheaper costs to use our insurance out of network. Forced to learned new roles in other departments without increases in merit.
understaffed overworked
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 4, 2017
understaffed and overworked pretty much sums it up.
some nurses are grateful for the help while others do not even lift a finger to do anything extra.
Cons
bad insurance plans
Many opportunities to learn new skills.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 24, 2017
Learned a lot more about the medical field. Lots of different scenarios going on every day. Could be less stressful but when you're dealing with sick people most of the time its kind of hard to do that. other than the stressful part, fun place to work.
great coworkers, horrible management
Coder 1 (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 17, 2017
Coworkers and tasks were all fine. The company is extremely mismanaged and disorganized. Policies are arbitrary, managers are deceptive and make promises they have no intention of keeping. Remote Coding is held as a carrot that most employees will be unable to reach per written standards, and seem given out as favors to workers who are preferred by management.

Little to no training is given, and management class who are supposed to be providing said training have closed door policies and are too busy with outside of work concerns to do the job they are supposed to.

Upper management cares very little about staff benefits concerns.
It's a comfortable place to work
Outbound Patient Scheduler and Check (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 3, 2017
I like working here. It's a little different than what I'm accustomed to and their process can stand some improvement. The people here overall are nice.
Pros
Free parking, flexibel scheduling.
Cons
Scheduled lunches, distance to travel
Productive and great team work
Medical Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMarch 31, 2017
I have enjoyed working for Northwest Community. I get along very well with my coworkers and we work well as a team. My boss is very understanding and appreciates my hard work.
Not bad for a community hospital
Acute Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILFebruary 18, 2017
Working the graveyard shift has a higher nurse to patient ratio. We are basically a skeleton force so it can be very stressful and hectic.
Management is not the best but reasonable, although they can put the employee first over others.
great place
Transporter/ coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILNovember 10, 2016
Great place to work and be a patient. They are always trying to stay up to date in all aspects of healthcare. one the few hospitals that are not part of a large network.
I would recommend not to apply
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 8, 2016
I would recommend not to apply, very low pay and management is very inappropriate especially Pharmacy director and Pharmacy manager. Most of my co-works are nice and helpful. Pharmacy director making all promise but don’t do nothing. Also, so much work to do schedule different every day and hard to keep up with work flow.
Misleading Job Title. No Life/ Work Balance, Too much politics
Anonymus (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJune 11, 2016
I work in IT. Took a while to define role and responsibilities and job title was misleading. No work/life balance. High turn over rate among managers and employee. Department lost over 50 employees since October, 2015. Disorganized structure, no streamlined processes, nothing gets done because of short staffing.
Pros
On the job experience
Cons
No work/ life balance. High turnover rate, no room for advancement, too much office politics
Busy Busy
EPIC Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILApril 28, 2016
Training new employees and creating new curriculum for new acquisitions takes up the majority of my time.
Great co-workers who are very much like a family to me. However, things have changed greatly over the 20 years I have been here.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Salary is low.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwest Community Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7