Northwest Community Hospital Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJune 14, 2017
Everyone in our department works really well together. It's like a second family. Most people who work there never leave. We always try to have fun in the chaos.
Fun place to work.
Phlebotomy Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJune 4, 2017
I did my Internship at Out Patient Laboratory as Phlebotomy. A typical day of work is busy, most of the time your with a patient taking blood sample. The facility is very divers. The hardest part of the job is the staffing is short.I love working with all the techs and patients.
Pros
Free Lunches
Northwest Community Hospital
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMay 22, 2017
I absolutely loved working at Northwest Commuity Hospital. Everybody was very friendly and it was a great work enviornment. It was also a great learning experience and everybody was supportive.
Mostly data entry.
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Arlington Hts, ILApril 25, 2017
Enjoyed working with the fellow employees. There was a lot to do, but the work was not complicated. I had to set up ID's for hospital employees, so that only certain hospital employees could access certain areas of the main frame. This was just a temporary position.
Pros
Supervisor and Fellow employees were great.
Cons
Too short - just temporary position
Love this hospital
Clincial Imaging Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILApril 24, 2017
I grew up at Northwest Community Hospital. My job provided me with the opportunity to meet so many awesome people. It opened my eyes up to the world and made me realize how fast life can go. I love coming to work and interacting with both patients and coworkers.
Good company
Hospital Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington Hts, ILApril 6, 2017
I worked for NWCH when they were in house it was a good place to work good pay good benefits you felt as you were part of a family then they out source to old dominion security it wasn't the same working there. its still a good place to work the officers are mainly in the telecommunication dept and work as phone operators in the dispatch center. its why I left I'm not a phone operator.
Pros
good pay
Cons
job asisgnment
PT student
Physical Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILApril 5, 2017
AGain, This is an error. I did not work here as an employee. I was a student physical therapist on a clinical rotation. Therefore, this review is not applicable.
fun workplace with great people
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMarch 20, 2017
A lot of movement and being on your feet throughout your shift. Days can be very long depending on staffing and people calling in. I loved the people I worked with whether they were in my department or just in the hospital in general.
Pros
good breaks and discounted meals
Cons
lots of people called in which made us short staffed a lot
Great team environment in the Cardiac Cath Lab.
Registered Nurse, Cardiac Cath Lab (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMarch 19, 2017
Educational advancement supported. Ability for advancement for motivated individuals. On call schedule flexible. No ability to take time off between Christmas Eve and New Years Day. Over all I have enjoyed my time in the Cath Lab at NCH.
A fun place to work
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMarch 18, 2017
I worked on this one nurse unit caring for Adolescents with behavioral problems and substance abuse. I developed long lasting relationships with some of my colleagues
Pros
I could wear street clothes
Cons
50 minutes from home
Simply the best.
PBX Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMarch 8, 2017
The heart and soul of this formerly warm community hospital has been broken,but great workers especially in the ER. They show great care and work efficiently and proactive with each individual..
Fun Place
Medical Assistant/ EMR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILFebruary 6, 2017
Great place to work, the MA's a very sweet and willing to help when needed. It's what you make of it each day, the staff and management is always there to expand your skills.
Very clicky
Quality Improvement Resourse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 25, 2017
I learned a lot about working in a office/hospital environment. Management was good to work for. I can't say much else about this. Hardest part of the job was the different committees we dealt with.
Pros
Nice boss
Cons
Very clicky
phenomenal work team
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDJanuary 25, 2017
It was a ordinary work day. As we were making our rounds during a shift change, as my coworker and I entered one of the patients room, we noticed the patient was in unresponsive. We than proceed to revive the patient by doing compressions. All while alarming his room and signaling a "Code Blue". A large amount of the work team than ran into the room to assist with saving the patients life. The staff all took a role as we proceeded to save the patient. We did not give up no matter how much time had passed by. With team work, hard work, and dedication, we as a team helped to save the patients life.
Pros
save lives
Cons
still have to deal with death
Not a good job
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 24, 2017
If you don't want to work in a area where there is drama and smack talking, then do not apply here. People are nosy and racist. If you do something, they blame you for it. It really isn't fair. The OR are jerks too. If you mess up, they will come and yell at you and not care how you feel. They will write you up for the most stupidest thing ever and i guess they jut like to get you in trouble.
great employees but terrible managment
Peds ER tech (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 16, 2017
Management was terrible Management did not care about their employees they only cared about how many patients we saw it never mattered to them when we were short staffed and over worked
Pros
loved the job
Cons
bad manaagement
A rewarding experience
Staff Therapist (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 16, 2017
Working in the busiest ED in the state of IL for a community hospital, also working with some very interesting people from all walks of life.
Pros
flexiable work experience
Professional environment with opportunity to grow
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 12, 2017
Working at this hospital was a great opportunity. The nurses were very hard working and helpful. The staff was dependable and professional. Management was very dedicated to helping all do their job to the best of their ability.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No flexability
The work force are good people to work with.
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, IL 60005January 4, 2017
The Co-workers are good to get a long with and work with. The new management has taken the community out of NCH. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet and know the co-workers.
Enjoyed helping and supporting patients who were enduring trying circumstances in life.
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILNovember 10, 2016
Transporting patients to and from units within the hospital. I learned how to be humble by caring for patients that were sick. Management had difficulty providing a set schedule for employees and would often rotate employees between all three shifts. This made it difficult to balance work and family. My co-workers and I worked as a team, especially when patient load increased. The hardest part of the job was seeing people suffer that were not going to get better. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and talking with my patients!
Pros
Working with co-workers
Cons
No set schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwest Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.