Northwest Community Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

educational
Patient Care Tech / Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 23, 2016
Northwest community hospital has been a great learning experience for me especially when in nursing school.
I love my job at this facility because it is a fast paced, acute setting where I get to experience a lot of different scenarios, as well as helping in them.
Management for the most part has been fantastic, Managers work with you to help them and help you. I am very satisfied with the way they manage employees.
Hard part and most enjoyable part of the job is the patients. Nursing will always have surprises when it comes to different opinions and personalities, most of which are very enjoyable and interesting. At the end of the day we are there to take care of patients and help them feel better.
Pros
amazing coworkers, team work
Proud to work here in this institution with very smart & hardworking employees
Cath Lab RN (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 7, 2016
I work with a very smart group of people in the Cath Lab and supported by a very wonderful, caring, intelligent Manager.
The doctors i work with are very professional and easy to work with.
The hospital benefits are very good.
Day in the Emergency Room
Mental Health Liaison Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 5, 2016
Greet patient - Perform mental health intake
Consult psychiatrist and emergency room physician for disposition
Obtain required documentation, pre-certify case, admit patient.
Provide referrals , carry out plan of care
Transfer patient if necessary
Documentation in computer of patient records
Review lab work, obtain medical clearance
Pros
Working independently and gratification of providing care
Great benefits and enjoyable coworkers
Social Work Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILApril 17, 2016
The staff at Northwest Community Hospital was by and large very supportive of one another, competent, and satisfied with their positions. The social work team specifically was very enjoyable to work with as they were quite knowledgable and caring of their patients and outcomes.
Opportunity to take on lots of responsibility
HEALTH CONNECTION REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMarch 25, 2016
I learned to coordinate between departments. Communicated with patients and community members daily, via phone, email, and USPS mail.
Excellent manager.
Loved learning a software inside and out, and was a major part of setting up the new software.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMarch 20, 2016
Train new team members in Epic Software, order entry and phlebotomy techniques, leading and motivating team members and monitoring their progress.
Created manual for department specific procedures, including Epic implementation.
Develop strong relationships with patients, addressing their concerns and allaying their fears.
Document all procedures performed, handle records in accordance with HIPPA requirements. Record all patient data.
Maintained up to date patient files, assuring data was entered accurately.
Verified insurance coverage for procedures and different coverage options.
Ensured patient confidentiality in terms of insurance and personal information.
Pros
Patient satisfaction
Cons
Stressful
Family work atmosphere
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMarch 18, 2016
I loved working for NCH... the people I worked with were my second family. We had a great team environment and management was great!!
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
403B no 401K
Great Teamwork
Lab Rep/ Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILFebruary 7, 2016
Fast paced outpatient lab with great teamwork. Love working with the patients on a daily basis. Plan on staying a long time.
Pros
teamwork
experienced in behavioral health
Behavioral Health Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 25, 2016
the most enjoyable part of the job is one on one time with patients to complete assessments. I have learned how to complete groups with adolescents, adults and geriatric patients.
Good place to work to gain skills
Nursing assistant Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 12, 2015
Worked at NCH for over 10 years. Learned a lot and will use the knowledge in future employment. Great staff to work with.
Management has its ups and downs.....but overall management was ok.
best place ever
Activation Analyst and Trainer - Ambulatory/Beacon (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2015
the working environment was conducive, the management of the hospital were friendly.i will like to work with them again
Great place to work. Employees are very dedicated to doing a good job.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILOctober 26, 2015
Working in the emergency room usually begins at a very fast pace.
Patient care includes but are not limited to phlebotomy, EKG's, taking and documenting vital signs. Team work and communication within the unit is essential. I work with a very supportive charge nurse and management.
Pros
Convenient close to home, great co-workers, benefits and opportunity to learning something new.
Cons
No opportunity to move up in current position.
My experience volunteering at Northwest Community Hospital
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILSeptember 18, 2015
I volunteered at this great hospital as my way of giving back to my community. I enjoyed meeting new people and interacting with them by helping them with the discharge process.
Great Place to Work
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILSeptember 7, 2015
Rotating schedule which will allow you to keep your skills fresh in every department. Busy days, which make your shift go quickly and smoothly. Great coworkers, who will help, when needed and who are highly concentrated on providing best possible care to patients.
Pros
Great management and great coleegues
Cons
Not too many job vacancies.
Rough for Environmental Staff
Environmental Custodian (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILSeptember 5, 2015
Typical day included meeting with staff, and talking about issues with management. Most days are long, and result in crunch time, having to rush to finish assignments before the shift ends. My job included taking both garbage and hazardous materials to the garbage compactor as well as assisting in room cleaning. Days where there is a shortage of staff is common.
Pros
Social Staff
Cons
Bad pace of work, Management Unorganized
Hospital
G.I. Tech, PCA (Current Employee) –  2500August 19, 2015
A typical day for me is working with 15-30+ patients. Utilizing Positive Motivation, Public Speaking and Public Relation skills.

I have learned various tasks, including to multifuctional in various ways. To remain calm in stressfull situations. Patience and understanding.
I manage my time both effeciently and effectively. To show leadership skills consistantly.
I can and do work well with others, with multi cultural backgrounds and educational levels.
The harest thing is seeing others in pain.
The most enjoyable is seeing them heal, and knowing I gave each patient my best, each moment of each day. That their experience is the best in every possible way.
Great place to be
Certified Nursing Assistant/ UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 27, 2015
Great place to work. nice people and good environment. Good benefits and very good pay + bonus. good management and very nice and clean place.
very nice place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Arlington HeightsMay 21, 2015
Northwest is a great place to work. People are allways helpful. Started my career at Northwest. Leaders are supportive
Patient care and treatment of employees continue to decrease
Adult Psychiatric Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILApril 22, 2015
Ever since the former CFO took over as CEO, the focus has been more on conservation of funds rather than patient care. NCH is no longer even close to being a top place to work as it once was rated by Forbes. Employee satisfaction is waning daily.
Pros
They are updating their software from Carelink to EPIC.
Cons
Morale is terrible, Behavioral health is now being managed by another company that has a lesser reputation.
Fast paced and fulfilling
Clinical Imaging Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILApril 17, 2015
My job ROCKS!!!! If I had any more fun I would be charged admission. My patients are wonderful and respond well to my personality; sometimes my coworkers do not have the same ease. 99.9% I am more than pleased to be paid to do something that I love to do. My job has given me so much and I am more than happy to give as much back, if not more.
Pros
Paid to workout, flexible hours
Cons
gossipy and too serious

Northwest Community Hospital Reviews by Location