Northwest Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Loan Servicing Administration
Loan Servicing Admin (Former Employee), Herndon, VAJune 19, 2015
Pros: a job
Cons: Northwest Federal Credit Union
Extreme hostile work environment provided by two mortgage managers.
Unrealistic work demands producing anxiety to just make it through another day.
Loved the co-workers as we all felt the same anxieties and hostility.
Most enjoyable part of the job is going home every day.
Great Company
Call Center Training and Quality Control Manager (Current Employee), Herndon, VAApril 11, 2015
NWFCU has great benefits and is a great place to work for. The harvest a learning culture where they grow their employees so they can promote from within.
Enjoyed my time there
Professional Employee (Former Employee), Herndon, VAApril 9, 2015
I enjoyed my time working at NWFCU. The commute is what was a hard thing for me so I ended up leaving and finding a job closer to my home. If not for the commute I would have stayed. Loved the team I worked with and enjoyed coming to work.
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee), Herndon, VAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: overload of work not compensated for
I was told I would be a Mortgage Loan Processor. Turns out, it was more like a call center. I was told I would have to sell mortgage refinances, home equity lines of credit and Equity Loans all will holding a 70+ pipeline of existing loans. This was not as advertised. I found this a little overwhelming even though I have dealt with stress in this business for many years. I found the working environment was unsatisfactory and choose to leave.
Productive and Fun Enviroment
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Haymarket, VAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: room for growth, understanding management
Cons: n/a
A typical day at NWFCU was fast paced but completely manageable. Working with a strong and educated team we could conduct business for many members correctly and efficiently. Management was understanding and help grow us in our fields to advance us in our job.
Not a very fun place to work
Loan Officer (Former Employee), Herndon, VADecember 25, 2014
Pros: salary is good
Cons: micromanagement, do not understand family and kids
micromanagement, no understanding of family life, feels like I was working in a bootcamp.
Collector (Former Employee), Herndon, VAJune 25, 2014
Pros: paid birthday off
Cons: high expectations
I learned time management. Coworkers are supportive. Hardest part of the job is to much work not enough time to complete it.
Last resort employer
Lending (Former Employee), Herndon, VAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: stressful and toxic work environment; has gotten worse over the years
The most dedicated and hardest group of people I have ever worked with. The daily work environment is very stressful and overwhelming in Lending. Executives seem to accept this and continue to expect this level of work anxiety from its employees.
Supervisors/Managers use threatening and disrespectful communication at times.
Long term good place to work
AVP Security & Fraud / BSA Compliance Officer (Former Employee), Herndon, VAJune 29, 2013
Pros: benefits, salary, culture
Cons: short sighted management, personal biases, job accountability low
Over the years, I have enjoyed the culture and team working environment. However, job accountability is low due to personal relationships and bias. Executive management talked about accountability but did not follow through, hence many quality staff voluntarily left for other positions.
Awesome!
Branch Associate (Former Employee), Herndon, VAJune 19, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: was only an internship
There was nothing about this credit union that I didn't enjoy. They truly embody what a credit union is: the bank is owned by everyone and profits are returned to the members. Management was stellar and the summer spent here was fun.
Stressful work environment
Loan Administrator III (Current Employee), Herndon, VAAugust 25, 2012
Some managers have developed an intimidation style which does not sit well with the team. I have learned a lot about what not to do when it comes time for me to take a managerial role. The co-workers help make the day bearable by helping out whenever possible.