Northwest Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Management not to be trusted there
Agile Framework Consultant (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 14, 2017
I started there on the contract-to-hire basis, which the VP of NWFCU assured me, was going to turn into a permanent position based on my good performance. Throughout the 6 months I was there, I was praised for doing a great job and had not heard any negative feedback. The management expressed their content with the work I had done. Nonetheless, upon completing the term of my contract, I was let go without any explanation or notice. They had the staffing agent call me at the end of one of the work days and tell me not to report to work any longer. It believe that they never had any intention on hiring me once I helped them streamline their process.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Unethical and unprofessional management
Professional family oriented place to work
Senior ACH/Wire Specialist (Internal Promotion) (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 21, 2017
A great company that offers great benefits, pay and internal promotions. Very family oriented when it comes to the members as well as their employees.
Excellent Credit Union
Paid Internship (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 9, 2017
My past internships at NWFCU as a Risk Management Analyst have been nothing but educational and full of excellent experience in the financial sector that has allowed me to grow and offer more refined and reliable services to future employers
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAFebruary 23, 2017
I have no derogatory memories of working at the Credit Union. Out of all of the places I have listed, this was one of my favorite. The only issue I had was the distance I had to drive; however that is no reflection on the company.
Member Service Representative
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 29, 2017
Provide customer service.
Answer daily phone calls.
Work as a team with surrounding departments.
Take payments via the telephone.
Mail checks.
Set up recurring payments.
Awesome place
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 16, 2017
Treats employees well, great incentives and bonuses. Great management and supervisors. willing to help and achieve team goals together. Training as needed
Continuous growth opprotunity
Card Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 17, 2016
• Responsible for over 150,000 Visa and MasterCard cardholders at any given time.
• Proficiency in the operating rules and regulations of each card product so that a resolution could be met on all cardholder's fraud case.
• Excellent telephone communication skills and writing skills as avenues of obtaining and sharing information that is vital to the success of each case.
• Responsible for monitoring accounts for suspicious activity, which would detect fraud.
• Responsible for processing a high volume of chargebacks while reducing revenue loss for the credit union on a daily basis.
Your lifetime financial partner
ACH/Wire Specialist (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 27, 2016
NWFCU is a fast-paced, professional workplace. As a financial institution, accuracy and attention to detail is key. The control processes in place are up to date with the industry and procedures are regularly looked at for improvement. The understanding of work-life balance is specific to departments within the CU and therefore is something that is difficult to measure as it's subjective. Overall, the benefits and compensation are excellent and the company is growing exponentially in it's field.
A joke
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 27, 2016
No respect for workers lots of favoritism and unrealistic expectations. Lies lots of lies. Good co workers but managers can decide just to hatevon you for no reason.
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
Short lunches, untruth
Lacks Integrity & Toxic Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 12, 2016
I worked at Northwest for years. If you are looking for a Company that lacks integrity & promotes a toxic work environment then apply there. The lack of trust starts with the CEO & includes Senior Management & HR. If you speak up, you are treated poorly. Benefits and bonus are reduced or taken away every year.
Pros
The pros were some of the people, but all of the good employees and managers have left the company.
Cons
Lack of trust, integrity & respect.
BUSINESS SERVICES LIAISON (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 25, 2016
Professional and productive. Great people. Fun work environment. Great benefits. Perks throughout the year. No bonuses
Teller
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJune 26, 2016
The most enjoyable job of my career
I am blessed to be able to work here!

Wonderful trainers, management is amazing !

Overall 5 star company
Good Place to Work
Sr. Training and Development Instructor (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 22, 2016
Room for growth, fast paced environment, focusing on member service excellence.

Good benefits and friendly employees.
Content
Card Services Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAFebruary 3, 2016
I have worked here for almost 8 years and I am content working at this company. There is room for advancement and the Training and HR departments work to help better the employees.
Friendly staff and accomodation
Car Loan Processing Specialist/Temp (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 1, 2015
The staff was very well taken care of but work was very monotonous.
The building had great amenities such as a personal gym.
Great Company
Call Center Training and Quality Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 11, 2015
NWFCU has great benefits and is a great place to work for. The harvest a learning culture where they grow their employees so they can promote from within.
Enjoyed my time there
Professional Employee (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 9, 2015
I enjoyed my time working at NWFCU. The commute is what was a hard thing for me so I ended up leaving and finding a job closer to my home. If not for the commute I would have stayed. Loved the team I worked with and enjoyed coming to work.
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAMarch 23, 2015
I was told I would be a Mortgage Loan Processor. Turns out, it was more like a call center. I was told I would have to sell mortgage refinances, home equity lines of credit and Equity Loans all will holding a 70+ pipeline of existing loans. This was not as advertised. I found this a little overwhelming even though I have dealt with stress in this business for many years. I found the working environment was unsatisfactory and choose to leave.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Overload of work not compensated for
Productive and Fun Enviroment
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Haymarket, VAFebruary 23, 2015
A typical day at NWFCU was fast paced but completely manageable. Working with a strong and educated team we could conduct business for many members correctly and efficiently. Management was understanding and help grow us in our fields to advance us in our job.
Pros
Room for growth, Understanding management
Cons
N/a
Not a very fun place to work
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 25, 2014
micromanagement, no understanding of family life, feels like I was working in a bootcamp.
Pros
Salary is good
Cons
Micromanagement, do not understand family and kids