Northwest Hospital Employee Reviews

Northwest Hospital is a great place to work at.
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee), Randallstown, MDAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Annual staff appreciation, Tuition reimbursement, quarterly field trips, open door policy.
Cons: None identified at this time.
Here work is not made to feel like work as everybody looks out for each other. Colleagues are out to heel each other succeed. The Management operates an open door policy. Everyone's contribution is appreciated no matter how little. Caring for patients is not the easiest job but working with people with great team spirit makes a lot of difference; this is what you get at Northwest Hospital.
GREAT FAMILY-BASED HOSPITAL
Registered Nurse-Orthopedics (Former Employee), CHICAGO,ILJuly 1, 2015
Pros: HOSPITAL DISCOUNT, HOSPITAL CHRISTMAS PARTY FOR EMPLOYEES ONLY AND PAID FOR BY FACILITY. FREE MEALS TO EMPLOYEES.
Cons: NONE
WORKED WITH A GREAT MANAGER, WHO WAS FAIR TO ALL CO-WORKERS WITHOUT BIAS. IT WAS A CHANGE FROM LOYOLA HOSPITAL BEING A UNIVERSITY FACILITY TO A SMALLER COMMUNITY HOSPITAL, BUT VERY FAMILY-ORIENTED AND A CLOSE-KNIT UNIT. AT THAT TIME IT WAS TEAM LEADNG AND WORKED WELL.
Beautiful
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Randallstown,Md.June 25, 2015
Pros: Free lunch tickets
Cons: small establishment
They are growing, very small family and they are very warm. It is an older atmosphere so everyone is calm and nice. No issues, no bad vibes just love for the patient. Everyone is dedicated. That makes the day easier!
great learning environment
Assisting therapist (Former Employee), seattle waJune 10, 2015
Pros: meeting amazing people and constantly learning something new
Cons: distance in travelin to and from work aswell as school
I learned a lot from working in a hospital, skills that I will always take with me. amazing staff, and meeting great people
very unpleasant place to work
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee), Randallstown, MDMay 24, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers and guests
Cons: short breaks, unprofessional leaders
A typical day at work was very stressful due to the level of professionalism. Most of my superiors were very unprofessional. My co-workers were very hardworking and cared about the patients.
Great place for advancement
Food Prep (Former Employee), Randallstown, MDApril 6, 2015
Providing advancement at a job is important for the development of the employee and this employer provided just that and I'm thankful for the experience there..
Good place to work.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Randallstown, MDMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Good group of people
Cons: Very busy at times.
Busy laboratory with well trained co-workers. Assignments and work areas varied daily. There was a good list of PRN employees who were willing to come in on short notice.
very productive
Nurse Technician (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 17, 2015
would recommend. tuition reimbursement job security. very with schedule the best they can. not a bad place for a small hospital
fun place to work
bulk stores tech (Former Employee), baltimore marylandDecember 30, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: hours
A typical consisted of stocking all areas needed to be stock. I've learned all the names and areas of the hospital which needed special attention. Management was by far a good group of people who cared about the staff.The co-workers was an extra part that made doing your job effectively and they were very helpful in obtaining your goals.There was no hard part other than inventory which ocurred every 6mos.I enjoyed making myself,co-workers,supervisor and patients happy.
Very fun and upbeat place to work.
Distribution Technician (Former Employee), Randallstown, MDDecember 20, 2014
A typical work environment is very fast and up beat i learned that communication is very important in an work environment.
Productive, busy department
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee), Randallstown, MDNovember 4, 2014
Pros: other departments and locations to apply to
Cons: no growth in small departments
You have to multi-task on a daily bases. The hardest part is no room for growth in this department for a coder.
Respectable and friendly environment with outstanding customer service!
Patient Transport (Former Employee), Randallstown, MDOctober 23, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere.
Cons: faulty management within the patien transport department
Working with Northwest was a amazing expierence. Each day your greeted throughout different locations by friendly people who love their jobs. You meet sincere and caring workers, patients, family and friends. Everyone is always ready to help! Getting up everyday to help those who needed me was the best part of the job. Being someone they can rely on filled my heart with joy.
Stressful Place to work
Patient Financial Representative (Former Employee), Randallstown, MDOctober 9, 2014
Pros: gifts cards, holiday parties
Cons: high productivity goals
This place is a place that deals with productivity more than personnel as in the past. I learned that this is a place of survival, if you know how to work the system. Management is dog-eat-dog attitude. But once in a while you come across a manager that knows how to combined personnel and productivity to work as functioning unit. The hardest part of working at NW Hospital was being under the new Management which changed focus to productivity and not personnel. The stress level increased.
A neat and fun place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Randallstown, MDOctober 1, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: short breaks
A typical day there was calm but busy. I learned how to be fast and puctual with delivering trays as well as preparing their food. the managment team was very sufficient in getting the patients fed on time.The hardest part would have to be keeping up and the most enjoyable part was getting over time and time in a half.
med lab tech
Med tech (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 4, 2014
enjoyed working in the lab. very friendly culture. hard part of the job that management turnover
Awesome Hospital! Loved my coworkers and the PA's/NP's and MD's are top notch
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Randallstown, MDAugust 20, 2014
Everyday is different! I learned so much, the PA's/NP's and MD were AWESOME and always willing to help out and provide educational opportunities despite their busy workload. The staff works great as a team you never feel alone someone always pitches in to help especially the awesome charge Nurses who were just the best!
Assisting people with their healthcare needs
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee), Randallstown, MDAugust 7, 2014
Pros: cafeteria on site
Cons: patients screaming at you because the doctor isn't ready for them
I currently work nights and often see true emergencies come through the hospital. My day varies from very busy with multiple people in the ER seeking assistance to a handful of patients coming in with stomach aches.
I have learned insurance laws, and coordination of benefits as it relates to who pays claims for the patients. I work with a great group of people, everyone can not work nights, yet my co-workers all want to work.
The hardest part of the job is when a small child comes in to the ER hurt and I can't personally make it better for them. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the older patients, enjoying when they share their knowledge on whatever crosses their minds.
This company prepared me to be an experienced nurse.
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Randallstown, MDJuly 31, 2014
I started working for this company right after i got out of college. I received most of my nursing experience at this company. Good environment to work, friendly co-workers.
False accusations
Pre-anesthetic Nurse (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 28, 2014
Cons: everyting
Poor management, false accusations and favoritism. Poor shift coverage fir nurses.
Able to arrange schedule to fit family life with small children
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Northgate, WAJuly 12, 2014
Charge Nurse as needed, non-professional staff supervision, assessment, triage, and treatment of individual patients, medication administration