Northwest Hospital

Northwest Hospital Employee Reviews

A challenging and interesting place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 8, 2016
I had a predictable, set schedule which made it easier for me to balance work/home life. Management was very supportive and worked with me to make sure had the skills needed to perform my job well. My co-workers were helpful and it was a great team atmosphere. This was the best part of the job. Everyone was so nice but also very professional. In spite of being a med/surg floor, we had a lot of psych patients and I learned a lot about setting boundaries and communication with challenging psych diagnosis. This was the most challenging part of the job. But there were a wide variety of other med/surg patients with variable diagnosis and I became familiar with different treatments for them. We were also a tele monitoring floor and I learned about monitoring rhythms and this was very interesting and rewarding to see heart patients improve over the course of their stay. I would be willing to work here again if they had an opening.
Everyone is treated like family
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDJanuary 16, 2016
I have enjoyed working at Northwest Hospital. It has allowed me the opportunity to demonstrate my abilities and develop my nursing career.I will always look back with affection, satisfaction and pride at my accomplishments.

Co-workers treat everyone like family, and even the president knows your name.

The Hospital has fun activities, ie, Bull Roast, summer picnic, shrimp feast, and Holiday party, to enjoy outside of work. Management brings food in to those who happen to be working the day of the party. Nice touch.

The hospital has great programs for the new nurse as well as the seasoned nurse to further their careers.

The benefits are one of the better in the system.Has a great healthcare package.
Pros
free parking, security monitoring of the parking lots and outside the buildings. Discount in cafeteria.
In the 5+ years that I've been employed at Northwest, my experiences have been wonderful. I enjoy working in an environment where everyone greets you
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Facilities DepartmentJuly 5, 2016
At Northwest, my typical day consisted of scheduling and performing routine maintenance on any job that required my attention. What I liked most about my job was the variety of differing tasks that were assigned to me. I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers, and had a chance to learn a few new skills while I worked there. The hardest part of the job was juggling the demands of management when it came to prioritizing which jobs needed immediate attention. I have great respect and admiration for my co-workers, and I understand the demands placed on them from time to time. The most enjoyable part of my job is customer satisfaction. I like having the opportunity to immerse myself in various ways and having the appreciation of my managers and co-workers.
Pros
Free lunch tickets from time to time.
Cons
Paperwork involving documentation of my workday; not too much of an issue however.
Run Fast
Patient Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MD 21133October 26, 2016
Do not consider. There turn around is horrible. Management makes up policy as they go along. Management has no integrity and Is very dishonest. Certain Policy are enforced depending on your personal relationship with leadership.
Northwest Hospital
Claims Processing Representative (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDFebruary 22, 2016
Northwest Hospital is a nice place to work. I originally was assigned to the hospital, but for the last two years have been assigned to the corporate business office in Timonium. As with any organization, there is always room for improvement. I enjoy a good working relationship with management, co-workers and employees outside of my immediate department.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Being located at the CBO gives a feeling of disconnect.
It's ok.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARApril 8, 2016
Working for Northwest Hospital is alright. There is some definite ups and down. The team I work with is wonderful but the overall management needs a total overhaul. The accounting systems are outdated and there is very little work life balance.
Northwest
Protective Service Officer (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDMarch 1, 2016
Great people to work with. Days were hard and you were constantly on your feet but the co workers made it worth it. Management was good and knowledgeable
Pros
insurance and 403B
Cons
high demand for little compensation
Very Safe,Fast paced Environment That Provides Inpatient health and safety
Emergency Department Patient Companion (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDMarch 23, 2016
First and foremost I enjoy the type of employment I have and love to help people which was one of the reasons I became interested in the type of field I am in at the present time. A typical day of work on my job would be to come in upon arrival and witness up to 3 to 4 inpatients a day upon whom I'd have to monitor. On a day to day basis I've learned the different types of patient behavior ,things t look for which could help with safety as well. The management onsite my employment are great and are available anytime if need be which is important and admirable as well, they love to help out just as much as I do myself. I/d say the hardest part on the job would be when I'd get more then 6 patients at a time but at the same time Its not unusual and I've been in the situation and I can handle that task accordingly. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people to be honest, I take my job seriously and I know how important my position Is within the emergency department as well.
Pros
Helpfull Staff, Supportive Managers, Safe Environment, Depedable Security Staff
Cons
N/a
Great Employer
Parking Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 1, 2016
Consistently busy. It is a very fast and friendly environment. All employees are very helpful, friendly and empathetic.
Pros
Great company to work for and to start a career path with
Cons
Not enough hours
Decent place to work
Central Sterile Processing Technician I (Current Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDMay 21, 2016
Some departments are great some are not. more bosses and less leaders to me. Not a lot of drama with employees but more with management.
a typiocal day at work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 16, 2015
Its a ok job but stingy with the hours... the management is rude at times .. and every sneaky, also have to wait three years to get a raise .
Pros
the employees
Cons
no free lunch, hate the uniforms
Northwest hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDApril 30, 2016
Great place to work. Great people, awesome learning experience. Northwest is really a great place to grow and expand in your career.
It was good
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDSeptember 21, 2016
I liked this place. Working as a data entry clerk was good and I could easily concentrate. The work was not hard and I could easily get all the work done on time.
Okay place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 23, 2016
The facility has gone under major changes. Over all its a good place to work and Friendly people. Still more improvement are needed. My department was okay also.
When I worked there it was a decent fair place to work. Than everything changed.
Clinical Medical Records Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 5, 2016
When I first started working there the employees were happy and there was respect. Than after they joined with the University of Washington respect fell and managers were short lived.
Good Work place
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDJuly 29, 2016
This is a community hospital, the staff is very nice. Everyone is friendly to one another. The cafeteria is very small, and not a lot of food options
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
get floated a lot
Nice place to work
Nursing Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 13, 2016
Fun , energetic Nice work environment. Nice people greet you with a smile. Convenient and very clean hospital. Great place to work.
Nice place to work...
Telecommunications Operator, ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDSeptember 8, 2015
Management was wonderful. The employees where nice and pleasant. Health care was very good but the raise process was horrible.
Pros
My manager
Cons
Upper management was horrible
Data Enty Clerk
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 21, 2016
My work was to make sure all paperwork was in the computer and make sure the maintenance man had they assignments.

Northwest hospital was a good place to work.
Pros
Everyong. got along.
Awesome place to work
Lead Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 4, 2016
An awesome place to work. Patient's are first and they absolutely meet the needs of their staff to do the right job the right way for our patients.