Northwest Hospital Employee Reviews

Changes impact Social Work Dramatically
Emergency Room Senior Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 14, 2017
First, the people that I have had the opportunity to work with at NWH have been amazing. Recent budget cuts and restructure at the hospital have dramatically impacted the Care Management department and more specifically the social work department. Leadership's decision and analysis of the impact that Social Work has on a patients experience and the bottom line of costs was completely removed of any face to face consultation or problem solving with front line staff. The consequences of upper management decision making has left Social Workers at NWH without any supervision, community relationship building power, and forced consultation with inexperienced skeleton management team in place whom are RNs. All in all, some of the social work departments will suffer dramatically resulting from poor decisions and undervalued professional social workers.
this was a great place to work if the place was staffed well
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDAugust 12, 2017
The mangers are some what not able to stand up for what is write the staff is awesome every one works togather very friendly and eager to help I love my co workers
Pros
awesome co workers
Cons
sort breaks barley get breaks
Job description
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDAugust 10, 2017
Well what I learned from working at Northwest Hospital is that, having good customer service is one of the most vital things to keep in mind. A typical day at work is very fast paced . Its very competitive, but a good working atmosphere. The people there, are nice and genuine, everyone likes to give a lending hand. The management is wonderful..The people in the higher positions even go out there way to assist employees...I delivered food to the patients in timely fashion...The hardest part about this job, is trying to keep everyone on the same working pace.. One employee may need help, so another co worker may have to leave there floor that there assigned to, just to help the other co worker out. At that we are sometimes backed up because of so many patients ordering food at one time. The most enjoyable part about the job, is simply helping people who cant help themselves. I like to brighten up a person who may be sick, or in pain, and I try my best to lift their spirits.I believe in having integrity, and being honest with my fellow co workers.
Pros
free food from time to time
Cons
short breaks
Productive and comfortable place to work at.
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDJuly 27, 2017
Northwest Hospital is a place where you can work comfortably without worrying about chaos, fighting, cursing, etc. You come in everyday complete your tasks and then go home. It's not stressful and there's no distractions.
Pros
Safe environment
Cons
Doesn't pay enough
Loved my positions at Northwest Hospital
Medical Coding Technician (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDJuly 21, 2017
My experience at Northwest Hospital was a wonderful one! What made it wonderful was the togetherness of the HIM Dept that I worked in as a Coder for the past 12 years.
My Director was great!
Although many of us no longer work for Norhtwest, we remain family and friends!
Pros
Loved working remotely from home!
Cons
Was released due to no cert., not valued enough to be relocated to another position
I learned a lot and my training as a barista and cashier.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 20, 2017
It is very nice place to work . I really enjoyed my job over there.My coworker and boss are so friendly . It is a good environment to work without discrimination.
Summary
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDJuly 11, 2017
Following roles and regulations of the hospital. Assisting staff and patients to ensure safety in the workplace.
Due to the diverse cultural differences of patients and staff, management discourages stigma while encouraging team work and advocacy of all staff and patients that we work alongside.
The most enjoyable part of the job is ensuring that at the end of my shift, all staff and patients are cared for in a respectable and safe manner.
Over the past few months with Northwest, I have learnt and developed supervisory skills and advancement in the security and safety field.
Plan to advance self to a supervisory or managerial position over the next few months.
Productive ,friendly workplace
Diet Clerk/Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 5, 2017
I've been working here for a year now , I would say that the workplace has improved since I've been here , I've met a few great people here . I would say Northwest was a friendly workplace .
Fair place to work
HIM CLERK (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 15, 2017
The hospital in general is a good place to work. The pay was not fair. They offer a reasonable benefits package. and covered parking for employees free of charge.
Pros
Enjoyable place to work
Cons
Low pay
I'd work there again
Clinic Department Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 1, 2017
It really all depends on what department you work in and the type of management you have but my experience was great. There is lots of opportunity for growth - not to mention benefits that contribute to setting you up for success and ensuring you are taken care of.
Pros
Growth opportunity, good pay, good benefits, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Poor up keep of the facility and out dated equipment.
Productive Work Environment
Dietary Clerk/Cook (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 30, 2017
The work environment is very productive and the training was very informative and prepared me for the tasks I was assigned. They also encouraged moving up and learning other skills.
Growing CDS program, very down to earth supervisor and director
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  D wing, Quality Improvement DepartmentApril 30, 2017
*Flexible hours, learned about the Clinical Documentation Specialist function and responsibilities.
*Management very present and helpful.
*The culture was relaxed and fun.
*Getting physicians to respond to queries
* Friendly and fun group to work with, Willing to answer any question at all. Investigating charts for relevant info.
Pros
Flexible hours, good salary/benefit package
Cons
Paper progress notes, Handwritten notes by physicians make it difficult to stay up to date on daily chart reviews
productive work place for parents and children
Teacher Aide/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 25, 2017
I enjoyed working here because there was always opportunity for advancement and learning and trainings i enjoyed working with infants up to pre k children they were highlight of my day because working with children is learning something new everyday
Pros
being able to sit and have lunch with children to show proper family etiquette
Cons
nons
work enviroment
Nursing Technician (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDApril 21, 2017
amazing staff and supervisors , great benefits, great work enviroment,it is so easy to get along with fellow staff which makes the job somuch better. At northwest i have learned great team work skills.
Pros
staff, benefits
Cons
nothing
Good Staff, management is just ok
Hospital Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDApril 19, 2017
The nursing staff is great to work with. Fun community, great people. The management is alright, some departments better than others. I have not worked since 2015 and I know a lot has change.
Accuracy and great patient care
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDApril 17, 2017
Good employees. Standardized procedures. Great patient care. Teamwork and good working environment. Great educators for students. Days , evenings are very busy overnights are steady as well.
Pros
Good equipment and close parking.
Cons
Communications
What I've Learned
Dietary Host (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDMarch 23, 2017
This job is defiantly a job where growth is recommended and it loves you like family with benefits. Northwest hospital has a great management team and wonderful employees that care for each other
Nwhc
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDJanuary 27, 2017
Staffing can be a challenge. Typical workload of 5 patients to one nurse. Manager on my unit is very supportive of staff.
hard work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MD 21133January 21, 2017
this hospital will work you to death. if you no a strong person you will not last and if you have kids you will need a baby sitter because you with 8+++ hours
Work Enviroment
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDJanuary 10, 2017
I enjoyed working for Northwest Hospital, my co workers were very nice it was like having a second family,the management in the area I worked needs improvement they need to know how to do the job before they can judge you on work performance and that includes the Director you can lead by example if you do not know the job and task at hand. I loved interacting with the patients everyday helping them get registered.
Pros
interacting with the diversity of people
Cons
too much of a overturn in the department