Northwest Hospital Employee Reviews

good coworkers
Trash Disposal Technician (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDNovember 27, 2017
Ok place to work but my role was with a contracted environmental company and it was managed properly, in my opinion. lack of career advancement was also an issue.
Productive and fun place to work
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDNovember 13, 2017
I like Northwest Hospital a lot. It's an amazing place to work. There is always teamwork and everyone is easy to work with. It's truly a pleasure to be apart of the lifebridge team.
Loved working around so many people...
Housekeeping- Cleaning rooms (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 25, 2017
Great place to meet great people. I worked in housekeeping have a high turn over due to poor management. Under paid and over worked. I would love to have stayed there but it was to stressful when not enough help.
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
under staffed
Northwest Hospital
Administrative Lead (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDOctober 20, 2017
Northwest Hospital is a wonderful place to work, my reason for leaving is due to me transfer from the Baltimore region area.I would recommend Northwest Hospital for employment or even if your sick.
Northwest Hospital
Diet Aide (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDOctober 18, 2017
Northwest hospital is a quick paced and a great place to work at. Employees are willing to help you with any difficult situation.I enjoyed the food the people that I worked with.
Clinical Rotation
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2017
Enjoyed my time there. Would recommend. Very pleasant doctors and nurses.
Administer medications after researching the effects of the medications on patients with the approval of the clinical instructor. Wound and dressing changes PRN; intravenous medication administration (IVPG); intravenous catheter removal.
Research assistant.
PHYSICAN EXTENDER/RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 8, 2017
Terrible management.
Budget problems.
No intention to care for their own staff.
Profit driven, not patient driven.
Enjoyed helping patients.
Workplace culture is very much centered around the individual ant not the team.
Productive face pace fun trips time off
Dietary Cook (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDOctober 7, 2017
I love working for northwest it has change my life completely around. The benefits health insurance direct deposit trios too the ravens stadium Orioles game.
Busy and very heavy place to work at
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDSeptember 14, 2017
Working at Northwest is a fast busy paced environment. If you do not have the desire to come to work and work hard everyday this is not the Job for you. Patience is a must because you will be tested very often. Management don't apply rules as they should and overlooking things that need serious attention. The culture is very diverse which I appreciated the most working here. Hardest part of my job is taking on more patients then I should and not everyone the proper attention they need because of staffing. The most enjoyable part for me is patient satisfaction.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Example: Short breaks, healthcare, etc.low pay, heavy pateints, not following hospital guidelines for nurse technicians
work life balance
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDSeptember 9, 2017
This is a very nice place to work. Management are alway improving and listen to both employees and patients. Co -workers and Directors are there to help.
Nice Community Hospital
Certified Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 16, 2017
Beautiful 200 bed community hospital serving the Baltimore county community it encompass. It is clean, professional and serves the community very well. Would recommend service to my family members
Changes impact Social Work Dramatically
Emergency Room Senior Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 14, 2017
First, the people that I have had the opportunity to work with at NWH have been amazing. Recent budget cuts and restructure at the hospital have dramatically impacted the Care Management department and more specifically the social work department. Leadership's decision and analysis of the impact that Social Work has on a patients experience and the bottom line of costs was completely removed of any face to face consultation or problem solving with front line staff. The consequences of upper management decision making has left Social Workers at NWH without any supervision, community relationship building power, and forced consultation with inexperienced skeleton management team in place whom are RNs. All in all, some of the social work departments will suffer dramatically resulting from poor decisions and undervalued professional social workers.
this was a great place to work if the place was staffed well
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDAugust 12, 2017
The mangers are some what not able to stand up for what is write the staff is awesome every one works togather very friendly and eager to help I love my co workers
Pros
awesome co workers
Cons
sort breaks barley get breaks
Job description
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDAugust 10, 2017
Well what I learned from working at Northwest Hospital is that, having good customer service is one of the most vital things to keep in mind. A typical day at work is very fast paced . Its very competitive, but a good working atmosphere. The people there, are nice and genuine, everyone likes to give a lending hand. The management is wonderful..The people in the higher positions even go out there way to assist employees...I delivered food to the patients in timely fashion...The hardest part about this job, is trying to keep everyone on the same working pace.. One employee may need help, so another co worker may have to leave there floor that there assigned to, just to help the other co worker out. At that we are sometimes backed up because of so many patients ordering food at one time. The most enjoyable part about the job, is simply helping people who cant help themselves. I like to brighten up a person who may be sick, or in pain, and I try my best to lift their spirits.I believe in having integrity, and being honest with my fellow co workers.
Pros
free food from time to time
Cons
short breaks
Productive and comfortable place to work at.
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDJuly 27, 2017
Northwest Hospital is a place where you can work comfortably without worrying about chaos, fighting, cursing, etc. You come in everyday complete your tasks and then go home. It's not stressful and there's no distractions.
Pros
Safe environment
Cons
Doesn't pay enough
Loved my positions at Northwest Hospital
Medical Coding Technician (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDJuly 21, 2017
My experience at Northwest Hospital was a wonderful one! What made it wonderful was the togetherness of the HIM Dept that I worked in as a Coder for the past 12 years.
My Director was great!
Although many of us no longer work for Norhtwest, we remain family and friends!
Pros
Loved working remotely from home!
Cons
Was released due to no cert., not valued enough to be relocated to another position
I learned a lot and my training as a barista and cashier.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 20, 2017
It is very nice place to work . I really enjoyed my job over there.My coworker and boss are so friendly . It is a good environment to work without discrimination.
Summary
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDJuly 11, 2017
Following roles and regulations of the hospital. Assisting staff and patients to ensure safety in the workplace.
Due to the diverse cultural differences of patients and staff, management discourages stigma while encouraging team work and advocacy of all staff and patients that we work alongside.
The most enjoyable part of the job is ensuring that at the end of my shift, all staff and patients are cared for in a respectable and safe manner.
Over the past few months with Northwest, I have learnt and developed supervisory skills and advancement in the security and safety field.
Plan to advance self to a supervisory or managerial position over the next few months.
Productive ,friendly workplace
Diet Clerk/Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 5, 2017
I've been working here for a year now , I would say that the workplace has improved since I've been here , I've met a few great people here . I would say Northwest was a friendly workplace .
Fair place to work
HIM CLERK (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 15, 2017
The hospital in general is a good place to work. The pay was not fair. They offer a reasonable benefits package. and covered parking for employees free of charge.
Pros
Enjoyable place to work
Cons
Low pay