Northwest Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome place to work
Lead Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 4, 2016
An awesome place to work. Patient's are first and they absolutely meet the needs of their staff to do the right job the right way for our patients.
Great Employer
Parking Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 1, 2016
Consistently busy. It is a very fast and friendly environment. All employees are very helpful, friendly and empathetic.
Pros
Great company to work for and to start a career path with
Cons
Not enough hours
Decent place to work
Central Sterile Processing Technician I (Current Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDMay 21, 2016
Some departments are great some are not. more bosses and less leaders to me. Not a lot of drama with employees but more with management.
Northwest hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDApril 30, 2016
Great place to work. Great people, awesome learning experience. Northwest is really a great place to grow and expand in your career.
It's ok.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARApril 8, 2016
Working for Northwest Hospital is alright. There is some definite ups and down. The team I work with is wonderful but the overall management needs a total overhaul. The accounting systems are outdated and there is very little work life balance.
Very Safe,Fast paced Environment That Provides Inpatient health and safety
Emergency Department Patient Companion (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDMarch 23, 2016
First and foremost I enjoy the type of employment I have and love to help people which was one of the reasons I became interested in the type of field I am in at the present time. A typical day of work on my job would be to come in upon arrival and witness up to 3 to 4 inpatients a day upon whom I'd have to monitor. On a day to day basis I've learned the different types of patient behavior ,things t look for which could help with safety as well. The management onsite my employment are great and are available anytime if need be which is important and admirable as well, they love to help out just as much as I do myself. I/d say the hardest part on the job would be when I'd get more then 6 patients at a time but at the same time Its not unusual and I've been in the situation and I can handle that task accordingly. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people to be honest, I take my job seriously and I know how important my position Is within the emergency department as well.
Pros
Helpfull Staff, Supportive Managers, Safe Environment, Depedable Security Staff
Cons
N/a
Good clinical Experience
Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 16, 2016
Typical Day:
Answering Call signals
Bathing Patient
Nail/Hair/Foot care
Mouth care
Helping patient to activities
observing patients’ conditions, measuring and recording food and liquid intake and output of vital signs
Northwest
Protective Service Officer (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDMarch 1, 2016
Great people to work with. Days were hard and you were constantly on your feet but the co workers made it worth it. Management was good and knowledgeable
Pros
insurance and 403B
Cons
high demand for little compensation
Northwest Hospital
Claims Processing Representative (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDFebruary 22, 2016
Northwest Hospital is a nice place to work. I originally was assigned to the hospital, but for the last two years have been assigned to the corporate business office in Timonium. As with any organization, there is always room for improvement. I enjoy a good working relationship with management, co-workers and employees outside of my immediate department.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Being located at the CBO gives a feeling of disconnect.
Everyone is treated like family
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDJanuary 16, 2016
I have enjoyed working at Northwest Hospital. It has allowed me the opportunity to demonstrate my abilities and develop my nursing career.I will always look back with affection, satisfaction and pride at my accomplishments.

Co-workers treat everyone like family, and even the president knows your name.

The Hospital has fun activities, ie, Bull Roast, summer picnic, shrimp feast, and Holiday party, to enjoy outside of work. Management brings food in to those who happen to be working the day of the party. Nice touch.

The hospital has great programs for the new nurse as well as the seasoned nurse to further their careers.

The benefits are one of the better in the system.Has a great healthcare package.
Pros
free parking, security monitoring of the parking lots and outside the buildings. Discount in cafeteria.
Great co-workers in a constantly changing healthcare systems
rn (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDDecember 16, 2015
Very friendly culture to work in. Diverse patient population with complex medical histories. Healthcare is constantly changing and the staff at northwest does a great job in rolling with the curves.
a typiocal day at work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 16, 2015
Its a ok job but stingy with the hours... the management is rude at times .. and every sneaky, also have to wait three years to get a raise .
Pros
the employees
Cons
no free lunch, hate the uniforms
Northwest hospital
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  21133November 12, 2015
nice people friendly people liked the inventory position at Northwest hospital My supervisor was really nice I enjoyed work at Northwest hospital it a good place to work
Productive and fun
RN II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDNovember 8, 2015
This is a company that promotes team spirit and transparency of administration. The administration is open to input from staff and patient. The CEO has a open door policy.
great place to work
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  inpatient PAOctober 21, 2015
Great job experience, great management. people are very friendly. Management is great. Doctors are respectful. Pay is good. Hardest part of job is schedule.
Vsp
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  21244October 19, 2015
I liked working at northwest hospital you can meet new people because they so friendly and polite you cowork are so nice Im give it a thumb up
heart care unit
RN II / Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDSeptember 18, 2015
The night shift people in heart care unit have good rapport and so the teamwork even when nights were busy and crazy. Though the turn over of nurses and techs were so fast because the staff got tired and frustrated because of the issue of low staffing night shift people are still the best.
Pros
teamwork.
Cons
often nurse & tech staffing is not enough for 40 patients
Nice place to work...
Telecommunications Operator, ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDSeptember 8, 2015
Management was wonderful. The employees where nice and pleasant. Health care was very good but the raise process was horrible.
Pros
My manager
Cons
Upper management was horrible
nice atmosphere
Vitals, Insurance Verification, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLAugust 25, 2015
I was a nice place to work, loved helping people and showing them attention. It had a system that as great, everyone worked together to get everything done
Northwest Hospital is a great place to work at.
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDAugust 7, 2015
Here work is not made to feel like work as everybody looks out for each other. Colleagues are out to heel each other succeed. The Management operates an open door policy. Everyone's contribution is appreciated no matter how little. Caring for patients is not the easiest job but working with people with great team spirit makes a lot of difference; this is what you get at Northwest Hospital.
Pros
Annual staff appreciation, Tuition reimbursement, quarterly field trips, open door policy.
Cons
None identified at this time.