Northwest Local School District Employee Reviews in United States

Great for people with degrees who need flexibility
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 16, 2015
I took this position so I would be able to work after school as a coach. It payed well and was a pretty straight forward job. Got my assignment usually the night before or morning of. Pay was decent and if I needed a day off I just did not accept an assignment that day.
Pros
flexible schedule, decent pay, fun atmosphere
Cons
don't get paid on days school is out
I liked the hours, 8am to 1pm. The management and co workers' got along well. Made a great Team.
Food Service/Cafeteria Worker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 18, 2013
Arrive on time, it was a must to greet everyone, put on apron, wash hands, put on gloves and go directly to my station of work. I enjoyed the independence of fulfilling my duties to get lunch prepared for the students of the school.

I enjoyed working with and making friends with the students.

My up bringing has taught me if you treat people with respect then in return you get respect. It was reflected in my job.

The hardest part of the job was at the end of the school year, cleaning (scrubbing) the entire kitchen for the close of the school year.
Pros
working with good people and students and eating free at the end of the shift.
Cons
the only con that comes to mind is the fact that when you retire from northwest local schools, which i did in february 2012 after 33 years of service for the district, is that you cannot accept another contracted position. you remain a substitute in the district.
Overall a great place to work
Teacher/Coach (Former Employee) –  Northwest High SchoolJune 20, 2014
Come in early to get my lessons ready for the day. Speak with coworkers about how the day will go. Learned more about how to incorporate others' ideas into what I was doing. Principals did a nice job articulating what they wanted us to do to make the students successful. Hardest part of the job was not being able to get a student to succeed. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting a student to understand the difficult topics within the content.
Tough school district, good people to work with
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 10, 2012
As a substitute in this district, you must be ready to deal with it all. I think that the administrators are helpful and supportive of your efforts. It is not an easy kick back and relax sub job, you will have differing challenges, but it can be fun.
Good place to work if you enjoy working with youth
State of Ohio Licensed Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 10, 2014
I worked as a substitute teacher and enjoyed the flexibility. I was able to care for ill parent and attend grad school.
Volunteer Wrestling Coach
Youth Wrestling Coach (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 2, 2012
-Get children started off with stretches and a light run
-Place them in groups
-Teach them the techniques of wrestling
Great to work for
Teacher Aide - Study Hall Classroom (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 9, 2013
Great Group of Teachers and administrators
I loved working there
Great School District
Long Term Substitute Teacher/ Baseball Coach (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 23, 2013
Very friendly, organized, detailed, and respectful to all.
poor discipline
Choral/General Music Teacher Grades (Former Employee) –  CincinnatiJuly 31, 2012
Students don't respect the teachers at the middle school level.

4.4