Northwest Medical Center

Northwest Medical Center Employer Reviews

MLD/CDT therapist (Current Employee), MARGATE, FLJanuary 3, 2015
When we speak, I would be more than happy to fill you in. Northwest Medical Center is conveniently located in Margate, FL
Caring place to work
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Winfield, ALDecember 25, 2014
We were a family. We worked together to maintain a good balance of healthcare for our patients and ourselves. I loved meeting the patients, pending time listening to their life stories. Having a very ill person admitted, being a part of helping them become well again. Loving the elderly, holding their hand as they take their last breath. Crying with families. Taking the time to shave an elderly man who is too weak to do it himself. Cleaning the dentures of a patient after they eat. Assisting someone to the restroom, or cleaning up the bedfast. It's all a part of nursing and I love it!
very stressful
Medical Coder (Current Employee), Winfield, ALNovember 13, 2014
Pros: it is a job
Cons: pay sucks and census is low making job security obsolete.
I experienced a very horrible hiring experience and I am just really ready to bid this facility farewell.
Productive and fun work place.
Collections Clerk (Current Employee), Springdale, AROctober 28, 2014
Pros: co-workers, bonus', potlucks and fun activities
Cons: short lunch break, some days you want just a longer one.
A typical day of work is coming in and working on our worklist, atb's and whatever the managers give us to follow up on. We have calls from insurance companies on accounts, as will as calls from patients asking about their account. We try to work at least 70-80 accounts aday, sometimes we get more. We work hard to meet the corporation goals in order to get our bonus. The co-workers interact together well and work as a team. We try to do fun things through out the month.
Caring Fun Position
Humor Therapist/Caring Clown (Former Employee), Margate, FLOctober 27, 2014
Pros: seeing smiles
Cons: saddness when the illness takes over
I created fun moments during a very difficult time for these patients. My day was spent in a costume as Dr. Ima Kluz visiting patients from the ER to the 6th floor. I changed the atmosphere, cut the stress and brought on smiles. I have patience for each patient and a smile or shoulder for them to lean on. Thehardest part of thejob, saying goodbye to a wonderful person... Best part is seeing smiles on our patients faces.
Northwest Medical center
nurse (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: excellant place to learn
Cons: understaff
Great place to learn. Learned what I needed to know to advance my career.
Fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Springdale,ARSeptember 24, 2014
Fun place to work. Good team work most of the time. Great learning experience and great place to learn and use skills.
Great Place to Work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Margate, FLSeptember 3, 2014
Northwest Medical Center is a beautiful place to work. It has a warm and welcoming environment for both patients and employees. If you're looking for a place where the administration really cares about their employees, come to Nothwest Medical Center.
n/a
PBX OPERATOR / BROWARD HEALTH IMPERIAL POINT (Current Employee), Fort lauderdaleAugust 22, 2014
busy, busy, busy. codes, answer phones, overhead paging. The basic stuff.
Decreased Morale
RN (Current Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 2, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: too many to list
A typical day is actually not typical at all when you work in an critical care environment where things can change in the blink of an eye. I love my job as a nurse in my unit and can not say enough good things about my co-workers, they are supportive, they embody a team atmosphere and push you to learn and grow all the time. I would not be the nurse I am today without them. There are many layers to the hospitals management the unit assistant manager I think very highly of and feel she has the best interest of the staff, patients and company in mind when making decisions. The chief nursing officer and CEO however I feel only care about the financial aspect of the hospital and the bottom line and will stop at nothing to make good numbers. The nurse to patient ratios have increase, the tech to patient ratios have increased, so much so that floor nurses are only pill pushers and there are not enough techs to help answer call lights. Over the past two years we have lost over 200 nurses alone due to poor morale and management from our CNO. Our benefits packages have been the worst they have ever been, with the employee having more out of pocket expenses and co-insurance costs, even if the have services at their hospital. I once loved working in this hospital and could not say enough good things about it, however they has changed drastically and I'm sorry to say that I could not recommend working here anymore.
Flexible work schedule and great collegues
Head Athletic Trainer (Current Employee), Springdale, ARJuly 12, 2014
Typical day at work is outreach with Huntsville athletics. Providing coverage for all team practices and contests.
I do the charges in the ED
Charge Master (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: training ourselves, no job securitiy
I have learned alot at this facility and I got my certification while employed here and I would love to get my foot in the door as a outpatient coder.
This medical center seems fair with employees and offers acceptable pay and hours. People who work here are friendly and efficient.
Volunteer for ICU Waiting Room (Current Employee), Bentonville, ARJune 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches, friendly coworkers and staff.
Cons: haven't experienced any cons yet.
The Northwest Medical Center is a good place to work. The employees are given good treatment and appropriate pay and hours. People who work here are friendly and efficient.
Productive days, changing people's lives
Activity Therapist (Current Employee), Springdale, ARJune 6, 2014
Created, facilitated, and designed recreational group three times a day
Attend Treatment Team meetings
Complete treatment plans for each patient
Completing and placing Purchased Orders
Train new hires
Write progress notes on each patient
Created work Schedules
Work in an Interdisciplinary environment
Great Job CHS good company
Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee), Northwest Medical CenterJune 6, 2014
Pros: felxibility
Cons: if you're prn chances of openings could be slim at times
Great Job wish there were more hours to be sought for Eps but overall great experience love my department and coworkers
great place to learn
Radiology Technical Assistant (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMay 17, 2014
Pros: differnt challenge every day
Cons: no support for good work from management
I love working with different types of people everyday. Each day is going to be different. I believe the hardest part of my job is knowing that a patient will be getting bad news from their scan results. Management in my department will not praise for good work, would rather reprimand you for something small. I enjoy my work with patients because I know that every day I go to work is a new challenge.
Challenging and stable work environment
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 11, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Northwest Medical Center, I learned many things about organization and problem solving
Working with people
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee), Springdale, ARApril 30, 2014
I was trying to get through PTA school and Massage school at the some time. Plus being a single mom of two boys. It is want I needed at the time.
I liked the different departments I worked in. The management worked with my needs for school. And I learned that I wanted to help people not to get in the hospital, so that's is when I did Massage.
Very Face Paced
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLApril 26, 2014
You have to really work hard to make sure your productivity stays up.
great
shift lead housekeeper (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARApril 2, 2014
Company has a lot to offer, Has many oppurtunities to learn and grow

1 2 3 4