Northwest Medical Center Employee Reviews

Poor management & training
Data Entry in Emergency Registration (Former Employee) –  Springdale, AR 72764July 18, 2017
High turnover. Poor training. Management is lacking. Unbalanced work distribution in a hostile environment. Did not want to write this review because I worked in Emergency Registrar and have no experience with other departments in the hospital.
SENIOR SECURITY OFFICER / SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 17, 2017
Northwest Medical Center is a great place to work if you have a Manager that supports your role. The nursing staff are some of the best I've ever worked with and he dedication to their patients.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Staff
Nmc
Unit Secretary Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 7, 2017
I worked at Northwest in order to gain experience in the nursing field. I loved the job that I did but was deterred by the healthcare/insurance issues that arose from political influences. I still feel at home in that hospital even if I do not agree with the path that the healthcare reform has taken most companies.
Great work environment
Dr. Assistant, CNA, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILJuly 5, 2017
I was lucky to start working in healthcare at the age of 14 in this medical office. This is where I found the love of nursing and continue to love it every day even during rough patches
poorly managed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJune 30, 2017
This company used to be Amazing , but over the years it has declined through poor management . i would not recommend this company for employment at this time .
Great job, never a dull moment
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 30, 2017
Working at NMC was one of the best experiences I have had in my career. Management was wonderful & supportive, co-workers were great and we all worked as a team. The ED always kept you on your toes and busy and I desperately miss working in the OR.
A day at work
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 24, 2017
My day starts out fasted paced & never stops, I would not have it any other way. I usually am working on 2 projects while greeting walk ins & answering phones. Multitasking is what I do best. I would rather not answer phones all day but it is part of my job. I have learned to be able to leave work with a pile of work that is not done, because there is always work. My management team is wonderful and they are a big part of who I am on the job.
My most enjoyable part of the day is always having work to do.
Pros
the work amount that i have to do each day
Cons
answering phones constantly, just directing the calls and not helping
The worst place to work.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLJune 20, 2017
It is who you know to get a position. They are not a good hospital to work for . They come off that the job you will do is that only , then they drop a lot of things on you ..you will see most of the people there are new.
Pros
Nurse week you get something.
Cons
Management are nasty.
treat employees terribly. money oriented no pt care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLJune 7, 2017
unsafe care of patients. not enough staff. the staff that is there
is overworked, and work conditions are deplorable.
leaders and management have no concern for the staff. some days
worked over 16 hours without break or food. only money oriented
not caring about patients or staff
Pros
air conditioning
Cons
no breaks, no lunch, disrespectful management and leaders
nice place to work with good benefits
Financial Counselor (full time (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARJune 5, 2017
Nice place to work with good benefits friendly staff able to earn vacation pay and sick pay also get paid time off for holidays. Pay and advancement could be better but overall a good place to work
Pros
hospital bil is written off
Cons
pay could be beter
Telemetry
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 5, 2017
The hardest part was keeping up with the computer charting. Patients were in need of services, which put paper work behind. This lead to lots of overtime
nice place to work
Consumer Specialist/MAC (Current Employee) –  Fayette, AL 35555May 30, 2017
Not a lot of room for advancement but a lot of room for advancements. Also having to use PTO time when the department is closed for holidays is an inconvenience.
Pros
weekends/holidays off
Cons
Having to use vacation time even when department is closed
Fast paced and challenging
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 13, 2017
E enjoyed working for NW hospital for last 2.5 years with my biggest mistake being the acceptance of a similar job at Banner Hospital where staff are cold and unfriendly. I am now re applying to various Northwest/Oro Valley hospital positions.

The staff at Northwest Hospital are friendly, sincere and knowledgeable and show kindness and gratitude to their patients.
Pros
Cons
Raises are minimal
Great work environment with amazing people!
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMay 7, 2017
I have been with Northwest medical center for nearly a year now, and I can honestly say it was like a second home to me. All co-workers in the ED department cared for each other as though we were family.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Short breaks, always short handed
Enjoyed working with wonderful people daily. Challenging work, very gratifying.
Patient Relations Liaison/Administrative Specialis (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 6, 2017
The culture at Northwest Medical Center was stellar when I began in 2010. Over the next seven years, the CEO changed twice, the CNO changed 3 times, the CQO changed twice, all of administration was overturned and the culture changed.
Pros
Challenging work, gratifying results.
Cons
Department was constantly put on low census time off without pay.
Overall, positive work environment
Certified Activity Therapist (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARMay 2, 2017
My work experience there was mostly positive. Fast paced at times, but still had slow times. Staff often worked well together and helped each other out when needing to.
Pros
Positive teamwork
Cons
Management was not fair at times
fun
Telemetry Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Margate, FLApril 29, 2017
fun, friendly work environment, I love going to work and you will loe it as well. Managers are friendly san very caring. If you would like to work for a company that treasures you as an individual and employee join Northwest.
Great hospital
EMERGENCY ROOM TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Margate, FLApril 16, 2017
Great hospital, good benefits, fun and exciting work environment.

12 Hour shifts, typically, 7-7. Alot of hands on skill with ivs, caths, ekgs, blood work, etc. No better experience than patient contact in an ed.

Ed techs are responsible for a large load of tasks and are constantly moving.
Health care
Lead Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 15, 2017
I think as a hospital they can do better to treat their patients , I feel like there's a lot they can to do be more efficient and provide a more comfortable place. I think the staff is fabulous just a little sluggish.
night shift life at NWMC
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARApril 11, 2017
your shift depends a lot on shift before yours, if everything is caught up it will be a smooth shift if not sometimes it can take alittle bit of chaos to get it back to smooth again. everyone must work and communicate with eachother and the workflow maintains tranquility. management has been underrated at times but what I learned is as long as coworkers can work together thru stressful times than it makes the job a lot more enjoyable. most enjoyable part of job is the feeling that you are doing good for the community and for patients that are in such high spirits even under critical health situations of their lives.
Pros
ER and ICU nurses are always great
Cons
drama in the lab