Northwest Medical Center Employee Reviews

this place is awful
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLJuly 12, 2016
this company is awful and after years of working for them they toss you out on your butt. they should not be allowed to treat anyone this way but they do and now since I do not work for them they have ruined my life no one will hire me at all. do not work for them I am not the only one that has had their life ruined.
Pros
Cons
everything
Overall, great
Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Margate, FLJune 29, 2016
I feel like a lot of the licensed employees disliked working there, at least in my department.

Honest to goodness, it all comes down to who you work under
Pros
It is easy to feel fulfilled with the patients and visitors
Cons
It is hard to feel appreciated by some of the supervising staff
Great place!
PRN (Weekend) Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMarch 28, 2016
Great place to work!
Northwest Medical Center is a very good place to work. I always feel I have the support of upper management. It is my first "not for profit" position. I like the fact they do things that fits the needs of the community regardless of the income potential.
Rewarding culture
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 8, 2016
I have never worked with such gracious and appreciative users in my career. they are always worth the time to go the extra mile
Worked as a per diem rep
Patient Access Rep (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85719March 14, 2016
I work for Northwest has a per diem employee, so I did not qualify for any type of benefits. But I enjoyed the work and helping people everyday.
Pros
Enjoyed working with people
Cons
Per diem employee, no benefits
Fun place to work I wish i was still there.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLMarch 30, 2016
One of the best places i have work in a long time. Management of my unit was very understanding. Made working as a team enjoyable.
Pros
All ways mad coming to work fun
Great first job!
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARApril 21, 2016
This was my first job during (and after) I finished college. I believe that I learned a lot from my coworkers and was able to put my education to work.
Student nurse
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLDecember 10, 2015
My experience at Northwest medical Center was great since I had unlimited hands-on experience under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. I know this experience had prepared me for the real hospital job as a nurse. The care that was provided to the patients were excellent. For this reason, I understand that nursing is caring.
It's a 'get your experience, then leave' kind if place
staff (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLDecember 3, 2015
Low pay to start. Not at all competitive salary-wise. Benefits keep constantly changing for the worse every time you turn around. Staff stretched to the max (and then some) which of course compromises quality of patient care. Follow the title of this summary if you can't get hired anywhere else.
Productive, yet fun place to work..
Administrative/Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLOctober 9, 2015
A typical day at work would be very fast paced and room to catch up on other work duties due to the great team work offered. I learned to manage my time and management was always there to help with any concerns. The hardest part of the job was running from room to room to provide the patients with medications while handling other business matters, but other than that I really enjoyed the celebration of birthdays and holidays etc.
Pros
Cool co-workers
Cons
No room for growth

Want to know more about Northwest Medical Center?

Ask a question
Fun place to work, Staff is great
Medical Assistant/Registrar (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARNovember 30, 2015
The management was never willing to help me grow professionally. I wanted more of a challenge and more responsibilities. The management were micro management so I didn't feel like any project was mine.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks, No mentoring
Was not happy that they would not help me after my injury
certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, MONovember 16, 2015
I was injured on the job and was dropped so fast from the hospital. I was unable to lift over 10 pounds and instead of moving me to a different position they just let me go even though there was a position available that I had experience in
Rigorous demanding environment with inadequate management support
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Margate, FLSeptember 3, 2015
My biggest problem at my current job is the high nurse patient ratio: for Telemetry 7:1. I believe that overwhelmed nurses are not able to provide the care that the patients deserve. The poor management support results in high staff turnover. In addition the benefits are progressively declining while the work related stress is increasing.
The best part of my job is making a difference for my patients and working with committed and dependable professionals. I enjoy my co-workers. The rigid and demanding work environment has created a trustworthy and reliable team that supports and helps everyone in need.
Pros
Amazing co-workers
Cons
Lack of management support, Poor Health Benefits, Inadequate career opportunities.
pleasure to work here
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 15, 2015
good co-workers and management team. great care working there, work is recognized and rewarded for good work, learned the different areas and functions of the hospital,
Pros
recognition of good work
Cons
hard work but able to get it done
Team Work
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARDecember 10, 2015
We always work together and that make the day go by wonderful. My supervisor try and have your back at times. Supportive in helping you to become better
Pros
team work
Cons
no back from others at times
Decent Place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 18, 2015
Worked in the hospital for 3 years, loved the staff, environment, and management. Transferring departments was biggest mistake I could have made. Management was un-supportive, unfairly demanding, and micromanaged. I became unhappy at work, dreaded coming in, tried to transfer departments was unsuccessful even though other departments were extremely short handed.
Pros
Stable position
Cons
Horrible management, HR department
Dynamic cardiovascular intensive care unit
RN, Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 18, 2015
Cardiovascular intensive care unit that manages patients pre- and post-open heart, thoracic, and vascular surgeries. Collaborative health management with multiple disciplines (physicians, nursing staff, case managers, nutritionist, physical and occupational therapists, and pharmacists). Great personnel with an excellent team-work ethic.
Good place for medical experience.
Emergency Room Tech and Secretary (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARNovember 1, 2015
I really liked this job because I was able to learn a lot about emergency medicine. There is a great sense of team work among the staff. I mainly worked nights and night shift was great.
Great medical staff - and dedicated team
Chief Nursing Officer - LPNT Hospitals (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ALJuly 26, 2015
My tenure at NMC enabled me to grow progressively through various clinical and leadership roles. The medical staff is outstanding and a small town should be very thankful to have a high quality group of physicians providing services to the areas in which the hospital serves.
Pros
small town approach - care close to home
Cons
stand alone facility
Co-workers are great and the management helped you continue your education and advance your career
Certified Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 28, 2015
The management was very supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my co-workers. My co-workers helped the day go by faster.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwest Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Northwest Medical Center Reviews by Location