Northwest Missouri State University

Northwest Missouri State University Employer Reviews

Good experience tutoring under graduate students
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Maryville, MOMay 15, 2014
As a graduate assistant my job is to tutor under graduates. Also, my job is to assist in lab sessions. I enjoyed each and every part of the job. Tutoring different people made me improve my communication.
People are great, politics...not so much.
Various Positions (Former Employee), Maryville, MOApril 3, 2014
This is a high stress, high energy work place. Change is the main ingredient in every workday. You will be working at the management and support level with excellent people who do their jobs well and are part of a cohesive core that keeps everything running.

The political atmosphere is dynamic and can change from nurturing to toxic with a whim. Proceed – more... with caution. There are wide variety of stakeholders with highly competitive interests, negotiation and compromise arbitration are some of the best skills to have in this work place. – less
friendly atomosphere
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Maryville, MOMarch 3, 2014
I work as a graduate assistant and I tutor students.
I grade exams and assignments and I learn much more while doing it.
Student
Student (Former Employee), Maryville, MOFebruary 4, 2014
I was a student at NWMSU from 2007-2012. I had a great experience at Northwest and was extremely involved in a number of different activities.
Great Experience
Geology Student Teacher and Lab assistant (Former Employee), Maryville, MOSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: hands on experience
Cons: long hours so days
Worked from 8 in the morning to around 3, sometimes when I held study sessions I stayed later.

Learned how to operate a classroom and answer the various questions students had about the different aspects of geology.

Enjoyed helping my professor as she helped me. Also enjoyed working closely with the students.

Answering questions which were to complex – more... to answer and teaching a class of 80 to 100 people when the teacher stepped out or sick. – less
I really like the challenging tasks
Landscaping (Former Employee), Maryville, MOJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: lots of flexibility with work schedule
Cons: no raise in 4 years
Alot of fresh air, many opportunities to drive equipment and friendly coworkers
School Internship
Athletic Marketing and Promotions Intern (Former Employee), Maryville, MOMay 25, 2012
Fun making and executing promotions plan for mens basketball team.
Very family oriented
Asst. Director of Recreational Sports (Current Employee), Maryville, MOMay 18, 2012
Pros: great benefits and great people
Cons: have maxed potential at school
I love Northwest Missouri State. Its been a true home for me. I am leaving to pursue the next part of my life with my family and would like to do so in Kansas city. Great people to work with. Its very small town which is great and has its downfalls during the summer.
Good job through college
Mail/Copy Center Clerk (Current Employee), Maryville, MOMarch 7, 2012
Cons: maximum of 20 hours, minimum wage
Student employees are just as important to Northwest Missouri State University as much as the full-time employees. School comes before work and your supervisor works with you to make it work. 20 is the maximum number of hours you can work, which gives you time to concentrate on school.