Northwest Missouri State University Employee Reviews in United States

fun place
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  MissouriJune 18, 2016
A very nice place to work with lot of opportunities to build my self.
Learned a lot about work culture and time management.
Management was friendly.Hardest part was managing lots of people in exams.The most enjoyable was the stress was minimum and my boss and colleagues was very friendly
Pros
love the job, organized way
Cons
odd timings
good co-workers and a good college to be connected to
Maryville, MO - Custodian (Former Employee) –  MOJanuary 25, 2016
working on my own most of time...how to accomplish difficult tasks at a good pace.down to earth management,asking your opinion and asking your viewpoint. .when working with others, a combined effort produces good outcomes.the hardest part was dealing with freshmen without morals and not having to answer for their actions. Working with young people is rewarding when you know they appreciate your work.
Pros
good insurance benefits
Cons
having to pay for parking stickers
Better workplace for study
Intern Software Programmer (Former Employee) –  MissouriMay 12, 2016
Worked for CIE, career for Innovation and entrepreneurship for 4 months.
Mainly worked in java to develop interface.
Fun activities like dancing, music, games were the relaxing part of the company.
Enjoyed working here.
Good management
Health and Safety Equipment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOApril 22, 2016
Management understood that it was a part time job and I was a student first so they would allow me to take my time off and do homework and group projects and especially study for exams and finals
It gave me a great deal of experience to interact with people and to learn the work culture in US
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  MOJanuary 25, 2016
1. We have to review what we have done every day and we are as assigned new work as often as available.
2. The most enjoyable thing is that we work as a team so there is always someone to help us when we face some difficulty.
Good learning environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  MissouriMay 9, 2016
Good place to learn and implement our ideas. Provides equal opportunities to all the students and makes them comfortable at the work
Laboratory Assistant at NWMSU
Assistant Lab Instructor (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOFebruary 4, 2016
Teaching prospective geology students at Northwest was extremely enjoyable, engaging with students helps confirm the knowledge you already know.
Pros
Teaching, giving, helping
Cons
Grading, temporary
Fun Place to work at
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  MissouriFebruary 26, 2016
My work includes helping students during their Network Security and Network Fundamentals labs, grading their labs, Mid term, Final exams.
Productive and well run management
Computer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Maryville, MOSeptember 10, 2015
A best place to work. The day goes so smooth without any problems. All the co-workers were pretty much helpful. They help us a lot.If there are any tasks that you do no know, you have a very high chance of getting help from your colleagues. The managers are also friendly and provide a flexible schedule too. Do your job right, then nothing can go wrong working here.
Pros
Good Administration, Best co-workers, Nice facilities.
Cons
Weather- will be a bit unpredictable. Changes almost every hour.
Fun and great place to work
Assist guests (Current Employee) –  MOSeptember 1, 2015
• Assist guests with directions while maintaining optimal security and safety at sporting events.
• Monitor vehicles to ensure compliance with campus regulations.
• Work with and train security team members to achieve the goal of safety and enjoyment for spectators
working with a fun group of people
vending (Current Employee) –  Maryville, MONovember 2, 2015
having fun while working and trying to get through a night of work. Getting done at the right time so you can go home and do other things.
Pros
Great people
Cons
sometimes gets busy
Fun job for creative outlet
Facility Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOJune 4, 2015
The management was great. I learned how to work a sound board thanks to this job. We got to work with talent from near and far.
A fun place to work while at the same time a great place to get lab experience
Chemistry Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maryville, MOMay 21, 2014
On a typical day I mixed laboratory solutions for experiments, aided students in laboratory exercises, and assisted in setup of the lab. I learned valuable skills associated with my major. And the management is great these people are willing to work with you to accomplish your goals. I got the opportunity to work closely with a professor and gained a life long contact and reference. The hardest part of my job was cleaning up the lab after the class was over that was it. And I particularly enjoyed the students it is always fun to help teach others it helps me be sure of my own knowledge and it helps someone else grow in their's.
People are great, politics...not so much.
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOApril 3, 2014
This is a high stress, high energy work place. Change is the main ingredient in every workday. You will be working at the management and support level with excellent people who do their jobs well and are part of a cohesive core that keeps everything running.

The political atmosphere is dynamic and can change from nurturing to toxic with a whim. Proceed with caution. There are wide variety of stakeholders with highly competitive interests, negotiation and compromise arbitration are some of the best skills to have in this work place.
Great Experience
Geology Student Teacher and Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOSeptember 26, 2013
Worked from 8 in the morning to around 3, sometimes when I held study sessions I stayed later.

Learned how to operate a classroom and answer the various questions students had about the different aspects of geology.

Enjoyed helping my professor as she helped me. Also enjoyed working closely with the students.

Answering questions which were to complex to answer and teaching a class of 80 to 100 people when the teacher stepped out or sick.
Pros
hands on experience
Cons
long hours so days
Very family oriented
Asst. Director of Recreational Sports (Current Employee) –  Maryville, MOMay 18, 2012
I love Northwest Missouri State. Its been a true home for me. I am leaving to pursue the next part of my life with my family and would like to do so in Kansas city. Great people to work with. Its very small town which is great and has its downfalls during the summer.
Pros
great benefits and great people
Cons
have maxed potential at school
Good job through college
Mail/Copy Center Clerk (Current Employee) –  Maryville, MOMarch 7, 2012
Student employees are just as important to Northwest Missouri State University as much as the full-time employees. School comes before work and your supervisor works with you to make it work. 20 is the maximum number of hours you can work, which gives you time to concentrate on school.
Cons
maximum of 20 hours, minimum wage
Good experience tutoring under graduate students
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOMay 15, 2014
As a graduate assistant my job is to tutor under graduates. Also, my job is to assist in lab sessions. I enjoyed each and every part of the job. Tutoring different people made me improve my communication.
I really like the challenging tasks
Landscaping (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOJanuary 10, 2013
Alot of fresh air, many opportunities to drive equipment and friendly coworkers
Pros
lots of flexibility with work schedule
Cons
no raise in 4 years
friendly atomosphere
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maryville, MOMarch 3, 2014
I work as a graduate assistant and I tutor students.
I grade exams and assignments and I learn much more while doing it.

4.5