Northwest Respiratory Services Employee Reviews

Fast paced, long hours and not enough help to complete the tasks
Branch Manager/Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 24, 2017
The company has grown very quickly and did not stay up with the amount of help needed to get everything done. They expected long hours and the branches usually had to cover any vacations with no fill in help from Main office.
Pros
Very little nights, holiday and weekend work
Cons
not enough help
Enjoy the open road
Support Technician / route driver (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 9, 2017
While working there my favorite aspect of the job was driving the open road daily. It was an amazing job and loved every minute of it. Ontop of the wonderful people you meet.
Pros
No micro management
Cons
Lots of driving and paperwork
Less than professionally run company.
PRIVATE PAY BILLING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 7, 2016
Hard working employees that are ignored when you offer a suggestion on how to resolve an issue that effects the company . Manager that is more concerned with noise in the office than productivity.
Pros
close to MOA
Cons
low pay, no personal communication allowed.
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  StpaulMarch 11, 2016
The customer service supervisor is compared to hitler your not allowed to speak with coworkers at all she will breathe down your neck all day to assure everything is done to her liking your not allowed vacation days because they are so unorganized and have 0 structure I wouldn't recommend the customer service job to anyone unless u want to be in a chaotic convent
Pros
Coworkers minus the supervisors are nice
Cons
basically working In a concentration camp
Summer at Eagan parks and rec
Transfill Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 12, 2015
- great highschool summer starter job
- great people all around
- young adults, most are on their first job
- fun place to work
- management is very involved and wants you to grow as a good employee
Pros
great place to work
Cons
hours are subject to change
Former Worker (Former Employee) –  St Paul MnMarch 24, 2014
How does this company operate with its management? Management was not consistent. The fleet trucks are not all safe. Reports from drivers were not taken seriously. Fleet Manager difficult to work for
Pros
Co-worker were great
Great place to work.
Oxygen Delivery Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 26, 2013
Mostly working by myself but the company rewarded great work ethics.
A privately held company with a great family feel
Operations Manager- St. Paul (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNNovember 5, 2013
Every day was a different day for NRS. The challenge of managing the daily requirements with the varying number of orders for medical oxygen at private homes and in long term care facilities was difficult, but manageable. I had a very loyal and respected team of employees that helped to get through each day. The difficult part of the job was managing with limited resources due to staffing, branch (satellite office) staffing needs, and truck issues. I enjoyed working with the staff and the other departmental teams to provide the best services for our customers. I will definitely miss working with the Vets with their oxygen needs!
Pros
Family environement, bonus at the end of the year
Cons
Not enough time in a day
Productive, fast paced, fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 15, 2013
Overall this company is a great place to work for. Your working days are always busy. The people you work with make working there alot of fun. You are always rewarded with good attendance, hard work and raises are given once a year.
Busy billing office
Assistant Manager Order Confirmation (Former Employee) –  bloomington , MnAugust 6, 2013
Billing office trying to collect meet monthly collection goals set by corporate office
Pros
nice people
Cons
health benefits cost are high
Ok place to work
Billing Specialist- Lead (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 31, 2012
A typical day at work was hectic as this company seems to not be very organized. Management would say one thing and do another. What I learned at this company is I am capable of doing alot more than I thought. My co-workers are awesome and fun to work with. They always put a smile on my face. The most enjoyable part about the job was the misc activities we would have to help us forget aboout "work."
Pros
flexible
Cons
unorganized company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwest Respiratory Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6