Northwest Savings Bank

Northwest Savings Bank Employer Reviews

Internship
Intern, Commercial Lending Department (Former Employee), Warren, PANovember 9, 2014
Great experience in college. Learned about banking and working in a professional business atmosphere.
discriminates
Bank Teller (Former Employee), lititz paOctober 21, 2014
Cons: discriminates based on age and looks
discriminates against age. Lititz office wont hire you unless you are 25 or younger and female
Enjoyable Stable work place
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Erie PAOctober 2, 2014
To start the day, I assisted in the opening procedures. The day consisted of assisting customers with their banking needs. The environment was enjoyable due to the employees getting along with each other.
NWSB
Portfolio Manager (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 25, 2014
Overall a good bank. Not quite up to speed as larger banks in terms of technology and process.
Love working with customers.
Full Time Teller (Former Employee), Saint Clair, PAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: communication
Great benefits. Confusion on many fronts. Lack of communication from upper management at times.
Overall a great company to work for
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Palmyra, PAAugust 8, 2014
Northwest Savings Bank is a company that works for someone looking for a place to fit in. I have learned a ton from the banking industry and Northwest Savings Bank has done a great job giving me advancement chances.
One of Forbe's Best Banks for Customer Satisifcation
Floating Teller (Current Employee), Erie, PAJuly 31, 2014
processing teller transactions accurately and timely

following bank procedures when performing transactions

cross-selling and/or referring bank products and services to customers based on needs, maximizing profitable relationship

in compliance with all regulations and bank policies related to job duties
balancing transactions, opening new accounts
Senior Teller (Current Employee), Pittsburgh PaJuly 27, 2014
Pros: great healtcare, paid vacations, 401k.
Cons: very little promotions, little pay.
i would like to advance my career in banking. I know i have the skills that are necessary to advance my career.
Enjoyable work environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Johnstown, PAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: part time employment
I worked at this position on a part time basis. It was very enjoyable with the co workers that I had. They were all very pleasant and helpful. The customers were also very friendly and they knew us on a first name basis. The hardest part of the job was making sure you handled the cash appropriately and balanced your drawer. I thoroughly enjoyed working – more... here, but it was part time and the pay was low and I needed full time employment. – less
Politics play a huge role in advancement.
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Lakewood, NYJune 19, 2014
Great benefits, but very poor management and double crossing going on in the office.
Working for Northwest Savings Bank
Teller (Current Employee), Bradford, PAMarch 21, 2014
I have learned many new skills while working at Northwest. I have developed a better understanding of good customer service, what it means to work in a group setting, obtaining goals as a team and as an individual. It has also taught me many things about finance and accounting that I may not have learned in other settings.
Conisistent Job
Teller (Current Employee), Madison, OHMarch 17, 2014
Pros: career apparel program.
Northwest is a good company to work for. Good benefits, work is consistent. Co-workes are nice. Job inclues answering phones and completing customer transactions.
Great position to start banking career
Part-time to Full-time (Former Employee), Erie, PA to Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 22, 2014
Northwest Savings Bank was a nice company to work for. I felt I was very good at the position, but ended up getting bored with it and wanted something more challenging. Great employees, management, customer service.
Northwest Savings Bank
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PaJanuary 17, 2014
My job is enjoyable for the most part. I think that lines get crossed when certain memos, procedures, etc get passed down from management to the tellers. Overall I like what i do, I just wish there was more room for advancement within the company.
Part-time Floating Teller (Former Employee), Erie, PADecember 17, 2013
Pros: met lots of different people
Cons: each branch ran differently so you have to learn your position over and over, but once you knew how the branch ran it was easy to go back.
Everyone that works for Northwest Savings are people with good hearts. My supervisor was awesome, he understood when I had a problem and was always willing to help me if needed. He was always easy to get a hold of and was really a down to earth guy. The branches I worked at were all welcoming and ready to help me if I needed any help. I was able to – more... get along with everyone I met, which made floating to each branch that much easier. Overall, I loved working for Northwest Savings. – less
Comfortable job with no benefits and lack of personal obligations
Teller (Current Employee), Clearfield, PADecember 12, 2013
Pros: easy going environment
Cons: healthcare, benefits, schedule
This a decent job, but you receive absolutely no benefits if you are a part time employee, regardless with how much time you are with the company, as well as working on a schedule that is given to you on Friday for the following Monday thru Saturday week, which makes it impossible to plan any personal requirements and appointments ahead of time.
Fun place to work
Teller (Former Employee), Tionesta, PANovember 14, 2013
The staff was great, i made a lot of new friends by working here. Getting to work with and around many different people is always a good time .
Great place to work!
Commercial Lending Loan Origination Supervisor (Current Employee), Warren, PASeptember 18, 2013
Pros: insurance benefits and job security
Cons: workload
Northwest Savings Bank is a neighborhood friendly bank. They really care about their customers and their employees.

Human Resources is the best I have seen in my career.
Do not work in the bridgeville office
manager (Former Employee), bridgevilleSeptember 14, 2013
do not work in the horrible bridgeville office. the higher management in warren treat those people like garbage. I heard they are selling the company soon so beware of not having a job in the long run. The job is horrible, low pay at salary. No overtime. save your self the time and don't got there
Steady work environment with high volume of transactions and customer intractions
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Erie, PAAugust 22, 2013
Pros: paid vacation, 401k, long lunches
Cons: inconsistant schedules, part-time
A typical day at work entails running large and small transactions through out the day for different customers and businesses. Closely working in an office with co-workers to uphold to company values. I enjoy where I work, my co-workers, and the overall environment. I have learned many new things from long time employees and from software programs for – more... running transactions. The hardest part of the job is a different scheduled shifts everyday making it difficult to plan around. – less