Northwest Savings Bank

Northwest Savings Bank Employee Reviews

great health benefits
Unknown (Former Employee), PAMay 1, 2015
Pros: health Ins
Cons: No Loyalty or Job Security
Great health benefits is the only positive. Good old boys club you have to be in the in group otherwise regardless of how well your job performance is you will not be recognized. No loyalty, you will be cut without a second thought. Extremely political
It was a great experience.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 29, 2015
I loved going to work in a suit and tie everyday. I got to interact with customers as my job and handle their money. I learned all about different bank accounts along with retirement accounts. My manager was a great guy who always made sure everything was okay.
My co-workers for the most part were great they were all extremely helpful. The hardest part of the job was telling a customer how much they had in their account when they had less than 5 dollars. The most enjoyable part of the job was dressing up and counting money.
Great employees, with terrible management.
Teller (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 5, 2015
Pros: Health insurance is excellent
Cons: Poor vision and Upper Management
When I began my career with Northwest it was wonderful. The company cared about their employees, managers lead with respect, had clear goals, and subsequently the office atmosphere was very positive. Today, the only way to be successful is to be one of the 'favorites.' SOME members of managment are willing to lie, be unethical, and flat out demeaning towards employees just to get their way. Offices – more... are an understaffed revolving door, as no one wants to remain with the company in the Pittsburgh area. Personal Bankers are run ragged by office managers, and in many areas preform more duties than managers for a laughable salary. I've watched a manager sit in the office eating all day while everyone else works hard to maintain the office. PB's are the glue in your offices, learn to appreciate them. The final manager I had was remarkable to her staff, and it's a shame those above her don't share the same level of respect toward subordinates.

Over the past two years Northwest has decided it would be wise to attempt to act like the big boys (PNC), and it has been a failure. If a minnow tries to play with a shark, the shark won't even notice it. When you try to force feed a customer base that has been trying to avoid the big bank way of thinking, you will lose the heart and sole of your clients. It would be nice to see the company remember who they truly are and have their own identity. – less
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee), Weedville, PAMarch 4, 2015
The office closed and moved, that is the reason I am not working there. The customer's were great. The manager of my office was retiring so there really wasn't the drive, or inclination to better the office.
Great Place to work
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Warren, PAFebruary 27, 2015
Great Company to work for. Small town atmosphere at a large company. Expanding on a regular basis. Best customer service in the industry.
Teller
Tell (Former Employee), Union City, PaJanuary 27, 2015
I loved my position at the bank. I wasn't being challenged enough and I was only a part time employee back then. However, it's always been the greatest job I've ever had. Fun and flexible, great customer service. I take great pride in being apart of a fortune 500 company that was very deserving. They were always finding fun interactive ways to keep our customers happy.
Fast paced and customer service was extremely important
Personal Banker, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bellevue Pa. 15202January 6, 2015
Pros: room for advancement
I loved working with the public to solve thier banking problems and attracting new customers
Nice working culture
Performance Engineer (Former Employee), Warren, PANovember 16, 2014
They really listen and care about their employees, inclusion truly makes this company stronger. The possibilities for growth are endless for employees that work hard and are open to feedback.
Internship
Intern, Commercial Lending Department (Former Employee), Warren, PANovember 9, 2014
Great experience in college. Learned about banking and working in a professional business atmosphere.
Enjoyable Stable work place
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Erie PAOctober 2, 2014
To start the day, I assisted in the opening procedures. The day consisted of assisting customers with their banking needs. The environment was enjoyable due to the employees getting along with each other.
NWSB
Portfolio Manager (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 25, 2014
Overall a good bank. Not quite up to speed as larger banks in terms of technology and process.
Love working with customers.
Full Time Teller (Former Employee), Saint Clair, PAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: communication
Great benefits. Confusion on many fronts. Lack of communication from upper management at times.
Overall a great company to work for
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Palmyra, PAAugust 8, 2014
Northwest Savings Bank is a company that works for someone looking for a place to fit in. I have learned a ton from the banking industry and Northwest Savings Bank has done a great job giving me advancement chances.
One of Forbe's Best Banks for Customer Satisifcation
Floating Teller (Current Employee), Erie, PAJuly 31, 2014
processing teller transactions accurately and timely

following bank procedures when performing transactions

cross-selling and/or referring bank products and services to customers based on needs, maximizing profitable relationship

in compliance with all regulations and bank policies related to job duties
balancing transactions, opening new accounts
Senior Teller (Current Employee), Pittsburgh PaJuly 27, 2014
Pros: great healtcare, paid vacations, 401k.
Cons: very little promotions, little pay.
i would like to advance my career in banking. I know i have the skills that are necessary to advance my career.
Enjoyable work environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Johnstown, PAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: part time employment
I worked at this position on a part time basis. It was very enjoyable with the co workers that I had. They were all very pleasant and helpful. The customers were also very friendly and they knew us on a first name basis. The hardest part of the job was making sure you handled the cash appropriately and balanced your drawer. I thoroughly enjoyed working here, but it was part time and the pay was low and I needed full time employment.
Politics play a huge role in advancement.
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Lakewood, NYJune 19, 2014
Great benefits, but very poor management and double crossing going on in the office.
No advancement.
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Current Employee), Pittsburgh PAMarch 31, 2014
No advancement with this company. I need make more money and a 5 work day schedule. I need to find a better place to work.
Working for Northwest Savings Bank
Teller (Current Employee), Bradford, PAMarch 21, 2014
I have learned many new skills while working at Northwest. I have developed a better understanding of good customer service, what it means to work in a group setting, obtaining goals as a team and as an individual. It has also taught me many things about finance and accounting that I may not have learned in other settings.
Conisistent Job
Teller (Current Employee), Madison, OHMarch 17, 2014
Pros: career apparel program.
Northwest is a good company to work for. Good benefits, work is consistent. Co-workes are nice. Job inclues answering phones and completing customer transactions.

Northwest Savings Bank Salaries

Teller
$10.41 per hour
Customer Service Representative
$25,000 per year
Senior Credit Analyst
$27.00 per hour

Northwest Savings Bank Photos

Our 4th JD Power award in 5 years!