Northwest Texas Healthcare system Employee Review

View all Northwest Texas Healthcare system reviews

Depends on what your intention is but great for experience, not great for lifetime career
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 11, 2013
Very poor nurse patient ratios, they are more concerned with making money than keeping things safe, providing needed equipment or getting staffing help. They will run their nurses ragged and they do not put patient care at the top of their priority list. They are more concerned with saving money then their patients. As far as experience goes, this will make a good nurse great, having to work with so little and do so much while dealing with the high patient volume. Not to mention this hospital will expand your bladder exponentially... The nurses are typically mean to the newer staff until they earn their trust and the required education does not focus on the skills that I actually found useful.
Pros
high patient volume and trauma center, valuable experience gained
Cons
poor nurse patient ratios, poor equipment, breaks required yet no staff to cover. nurses tend to be mean to newer staff

Other Northwest Texas Healthcare system Employee Reviews

Stressful
LVN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 9, 2018
I felt as if most people were out to get out, management included. I did not feel comfortable as an employee. My pay rate was ridiculous. As an LVN, there were a few job functions that I could not perform; spiking blood and the first five minutes of administration, initial assessments. However, I was still doing most of the work as the RNs who made more than twice what I was making but yet nobody really seemed to have my back because I was a lowly LVN.
Cons
Environment
A okay job
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 6, 2018
Clean floors throughout the hospital take out trash clean spills top scub and wax move beds to rooms when needed sweep mops unload truck three days week
Pros
Brought your own lunch or buy
Cons
15 min break. 30 min lunch