Northwest Texas Healthcare system Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Northwest Hospital
Patient Care Specialist/HUC (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 10, 2015
Enjoyed working there, a lot of friendly faces and everyone helps each other out when needed, management was great, a lot of changes have been made, co workers were great and make work a lot less hectic. The hardest part of the job was not knowing what was going to happen next as far as the staffing, but other than that working there was very enjoyable.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
sometimes it was understaffed, but they always managed to get the job done.
Good team effort from the top to the bottom.
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 26, 2016
The work day begin with report. Back than reports were in a large room and the whole on coming shift sat through reports from the leaving shift. Assignments were made accordingly by the charge nurse. I learned a lot at this job in the care, nursing procedures, ethics, symptoms of diseases and what to look for. The hardest part was some of the vegetable states many of the young men were in, tragedies, and death. The most enjoyable were the newborns.
Pros
It is an excellent place to work.
Cons
I can think of none.
Northwest
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 29, 2016
The job was enjoyable. The staff was nice and easy to work with. I would still be working there if I was able to and did not have to relocate.
I was given the responsibility to resolve 13 projects in three (3) months.
Assistant Hospital Administrator (Interim) (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 28, 2014
The typically day began with making rounds with the responsible parties of each project. What did they feel that they needed to progress, did they have the tools, inventory, managements assistance? I also asked them what did they feel they could different to do the job to meet their project target date. Once that was accomplished we worked together in setting target date goals. So with this being said, management and staff were able to proceed to achieve the set goal. All thirteen (13) projects were completed before their target dates. The staff was anxious to comply because they had part in the target date decision. The hardest part of the job was leaving a very functional staff and colleagues. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a very bright staff.
I was also given additional responsibilities such as pharmacy conversation from its inhouse pharmacy company to a competitors pharmacy company, moving the business office to a different location, consultation regarding a free-standing 30-bed rehabilitation hospital and asked to be the liaison for administration in overseeing construction of a 90-bed heart hospital.
Pros
staff was willing and able to complete tasks.
Cons
initially staff was not use to having other than their staff to supervise them, not use to the different management approach, culture was different
Great place to work if you can balance 12 hours/3 days at full time
Health Unit Coordinator/Patient Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 20, 2014
Can be a very busy job, the nurses are great and work great with each other. The charge nurse always checks on everyone to make sure everyone is caught up or if they need help. I recommend it if you can balance a family and working 12 hour shifts 3 days/week sometimes more.

Want to know more about Northwest Texas Healthcare system?

Ask a question