Northwest Employee Reviews in United States

Was a good place to go to work in the summer as a student.
Ground Crew Field Worker (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOMay 22, 2016
Went to work at 7 and then got off for classes in time to meet them. Then worked hard and cleaned up the grounds and mowed for them. Co-workers were great except for one who was to look out for me and didn't like anyone.
Pros
Great hours.
Cons
Boss was a jerk.
Productive workplace with great coworkers
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Ronda, NCApril 15, 2016
The company was great to work for. It provided a quality work environment, and management was easy to talk to if a question or problem ever came up. The company taught many valuable skill sets including data entry, customer service, and excel.
Pros
Delivered lunch daily
fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAMarch 15, 2016
daily we process all linen for all of customers which is about 50,000 lbs on a busy day. I have learned so much shipping receiving how to use all machines making out delivery receipts. My co-workers are the best they work very hard but we still have fun work as a team we are family.
Pros
the people
help
customer service (Former Employee) –  Craig, AKJanuary 19, 2016
they need better management, and need to train their people more, and learn what customer satisfaction is..i would not recommend this company to anyone
I really miss this job
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTDecember 2, 2015
I worked for the greatest boss. We were a family and I worked there for almost 25 years. We sold and serviced copiers and cash registers so being the office manager I scheduled service calls. I ordered parts and supplies when needed and managed the front office from phone calls to collection which isn't always fun. When the owner got sick and had to sell the business, I had a hard time seeing him sell off some of his equipment. He was the greatest man until he passed away.
Pros
Insurance benefits, working with awesome employees
Cons
No cons
Nanny Review
Nanny (Former Employee) –  ILOctober 19, 2015
A typical day at work started at 8:00 a.m. and ended at 4:00 p.m. I learned that how to be more organized with scheduling activities for the children. Management made me feel like I was part of their family. I did not have any co-workers. The hardest part of my job was when they did not need me anymore because the children were going to school. The most enjoyable part of my job was teaching the children something new every day.
Productive and fun work place
Marketing and Communications Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maryville, MOOctober 7, 2015
The Office of Marketing and Communication was a great office to work for. The people were wonderful and great at communicating with one another. Together we provided our followers with ways to see our information through several forms of media outlets. Usually once a month we would have potlucks too. Overall, an excellent environment to work in.
Challenging start up company lookig for a niche.
Director of Supply (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 13, 2015
Typical day - 20-30 solicitation calls, 10 account maintenance calls, 2-3 management reports.

I have learn all aspects of the natural gas world.

Most or the co-workers left at the company are hard charging go-getters with a can do attitude.

The constant turnover is the hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable is by far the skeleton team remaining in place.
Pros
Schedule flexibility, benefits
Cons
Upeer management turnover every 6 months. Employee turnover.
Northwest Missouri State university
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOMay 11, 2015
I have been part of the computer science department where, I have developed applications and worked on several projects, worked on a graduate project which was about dance studio to create a recital and we have created the software. It was always a learning experience for me at Northwest.
Pros
good work life balance
Productive environment
Ground Operations (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNApril 8, 2015
Very productive when working for airline company, being in the front line and deck of the operations. Benefits are second to none having stand by flight privileges anywhere in the world is a huge plus
Pros
Flight Benefits
extremely high paced job with new opportunities everyday, great GM and commoradory with employees
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 24, 2015
I held a GM position, we were a 24/7 365 day company
I was on call 24/7 for both BNSF rail road and BNSF rail road
my employee's were exceptional and long term hires
I learned many facets of running a multi million dollar company
how to juggle office and employee's with meeting deadlines and accuracy of the inspections being performed with the mechanics,
I didn't find this job hard I thoroughly enjoyed my work
I could not depict just a small part of this job, I was so enthralled with the whole business aspect, increasing profits, showing signs of huge increased speed and accuracy with our vendor customers. It was an awesome job all the way around.
Very small utility construction company
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Leander, TXMarch 11, 2015
Northwest service company is no longer in business. Northwest Service Company is where I began my career in the utility industry
Pros
great experience
Cons
low pay. no benefits
Great people in a busy atmosphere
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAFebruary 22, 2015
Assisted customers with ticket sales, scheduling, and service needs.Cleared up concerns regarding airline policy, FAA, and TSA regulations
Fun Place to Work
RESTORATIVE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Working at Northwest was fun place to work. They gave us incentives like gift cards to reward us on doing a great job. The management staff was easy to get a long with. I got along with all my co-workers and built some great friendships from there. I love working with the residents.
Great company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 11, 2015
Small company but great to work for as a subcontractor to Lockheed Martin.
Pros
great company
Cons
no benefits
College
Study Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MODecember 26, 2014
It's a part time college job. Not much to say. It has low pay and no real chances for advancement
Great experience to develop organizational skills and be a part of a team.
Graduate Assistant, Behavioral Sciences (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MONovember 27, 2014
Every week my responsibilities included entering grades for 500 students in General Psychology, attending classes to take notes for students with accommodations, meeting with and helping develop the instructional team, running statistics on grades, and creating graphs and charts for the professor to present findings.
I learned quick ways to manage a large amount of assignments while creating a system to be organized with over 25 assignments that are collected. It was also a good opportunity to help develop the instructional team and find solutions to effectively developing coursework.
My sole responsibility was working with 6 sections of General Psychology maintaining accuracy and confidentiality with entering grades, and holding students to certain standards.
In the psychology department there were 4 graduate assistants who helped professors in the department. It was enjoyable because we would all help each other out and remain organized and communicate to ensure all tasks were completed.
The hardest part of the job was developing a system to enter a large amount of grades at one time, and also creating spreadsheets for test statistics on over 12,500 samples.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the instructional team and the professor. Everyone was friendly and open to learning which made the experience unique.
Pros
good atmosphere and enjoyable professors.
Cons
short notice of tasks from other professors in the department
enjoyed the working atmosphere. Enjoyed being outside. Especially when weather was nice.
Equipment Service Employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2014
enjoyed the people and the working atmosphere. Got along with others, for the most part. There was time to work and then there was time to relax and enjoy others.
Pros
when weatherwas nice it was rewarding even when the weather was not very cooperative.
Cons
the weather, when bad, made the loading and unloading of aircraft difficult
First Grade Teacher
First Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSSeptember 10, 2014
I used guided reading books, Saxon Math, and Lucy Calkins for writing program. I enjoyed collaborating with peers to develop centers and other hands on activities to enhance my student's learning.
Nice work place, job pretty easy
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 6, 2014
I basically just receive an order and find the location and label the amount of boxes needed for that store.
i learned how to find the locations of the items and what way the labels should be pasted.
My management is very respectful and fair to all the employees.

Co-workers are great friendly, and respectful as well as helpful.

The most enjoyable time is when you accomplish all the orders in the store your working on and move on to the next one.
Pros
job not to heavy
Cons
not enough days