Northwest

Northwest Employee Reviews

Northwest Missouri State university
Software Developer (Former Employee), Maryville, MOMay 11, 2015
Pros: good work life balance
I have been part of the computer science department where, I have developed applications and worked on several projects, worked on a graduate project which was about dance studio to create a recital and we have created the software. It was always a learning experience for me at Northwest.
Productive environment
Ground Operations (Former Employee), Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNApril 8, 2015
Pros: Flight Benefits
Very productive when working for airline company, being in the front line and deck of the operations. Benefits are second to none having stand by flight privileges anywhere in the world is a huge plus
extremely high paced job with new opportunities everyday, great GM and commoradory with employees
General Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 24, 2015
I held a GM position, we were a 24/7 365 day company
I was on call 24/7 for both BNSF rail road and BNSF rail road
my employee's were exceptional and long term hires
I learned many facets of running a multi million dollar company
how to juggle office and employee's with meeting deadlines and accuracy of the inspections being performed with the mechanics,
I didn't find this job hard I thoroughly enjoyed my work
I could not depict just a small part of this job, I was so enthralled with the whole business aspect, increasing profits, showing signs of huge increased speed and accuracy with our vendor customers. It was an awesome job all the way around.
Very small utility construction company
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Leander, TXMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great experience
Cons: low pay. no benefits
Northwest service company is no longer in business. Northwest Service Company is where I began my career in the utility industry
Great people in a busy atmosphere
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee), Sioux City, IAFebruary 22, 2015
Assisted customers with ticket sales, scheduling, and service needs.Cleared up concerns regarding airline policy, FAA, and TSA regulations
Fun Place to Work
RESTORATIVE AIDE (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Working at Northwest was fun place to work. They gave us incentives like gift cards to reward us on doing a great job. The management staff was easy to get a long with. I got along with all my co-workers and built some great friendships from there. I love working with the residents.
Great company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: no benefits
Small company but great to work for as a subcontractor to Lockheed Martin.
College
Study Group Leader (Former Employee), Maryville, MODecember 26, 2014
It's a part time college job. Not much to say. It has low pay and no real chances for advancement
Great experience to develop organizational skills and be a part of a team.
Graduate Assistant, Behavioral Sciences (Former Employee), Maryville, MONovember 27, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere and enjoyable professors.
Cons: short notice of tasks from other professors in the department
Every week my responsibilities included entering grades for 500 students in General Psychology, attending classes to take notes for students with accommodations, meeting with and helping develop the instructional team, running statistics on grades, and creating graphs and charts for the professor to present findings.
I learned quick ways to manage a large amount of assignments while creating a system – more... to be organized with over 25 assignments that are collected. It was also a good opportunity to help develop the instructional team and find solutions to effectively developing coursework.
My sole responsibility was working with 6 sections of General Psychology maintaining accuracy and confidentiality with entering grades, and holding students to certain standards.
In the psychology department there were 4 graduate assistants who helped professors in the department. It was enjoyable because we would all help each other out and remain organized and communicate to ensure all tasks were completed.
The hardest part of the job was developing a system to enter a large amount of grades at one time, and also creating spreadsheets for test statistics on over 12,500 samples.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the instructional team and the professor. Everyone was friendly and open to learning which made the experience unique. – less
enjoyed the working atmosphere. Enjoyed being outside. Especially when weather was nice.
Equipment Service Employee (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2014
Pros: when weatherwas nice it was rewarding even when the weather was not very cooperative.
Cons: the weather, when bad, made the loading and unloading of aircraft difficult
enjoyed the people and the working atmosphere. Got along with others, for the most part. There was time to work and then there was time to relax and enjoy others.
First Grade Teacher
First Grade Teacher (Former Employee), Brandon, MSSeptember 10, 2014
I used guided reading books, Saxon Math, and Lucy Calkins for writing program. I enjoyed collaborating with peers to develop centers and other hands on activities to enhance my student's learning.
Nice work place, job pretty easy
Order Filler (Former Employee), Fontana, CAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: job not to heavy
Cons: not enough days
I basically just receive an order and find the location and label the amount of boxes needed for that store.
i learned how to find the locations of the items and what way the labels should be pasted.
My management is very respectful and fair to all the employees.

Co-workers are great friendly, and respectful as well as helpful.

The most enjoyable time is when you accomplish all the orders in the store your working on and move on to the next one.
Prison
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Tiptonville, TNApril 29, 2014
Pros: your always learning
Cons: it can be a diffcult job
Everyday is different but the shift commanders are very helpful.
Reservation Supervisor (Former Employee), SeaTac, WAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: we were trained well!!
Cons: gone
Sorry that it's gone...
There is no more to say since the company is not around anymore
great place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: pension
Cons: work holidays
Northwest is no longer they merged with Delta airlines. Had full medical and dental coverage. I love to travel so I saw the world!
Productive fast paced work enviroment.
Night Operations Manager (Current Employee), Flanders, NJNovember 25, 2013
A typical day at work for me is making sure all of the mission critical spaces are up and running alarm free. It is my job to make sure not only my team but myself as well are keeping all MEP in tip top shape. We deliver 100 percent uptime. I make sure all vendor PM'S are scheduled and are performed properly. Keep all documentation filed for client/auditor reviews.
Customer service
Senior Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Detroit Metro AirportNovember 12, 2013
Pros: free travel
Cons: stress
Stressful fast paced work environment providing customer service to the nations traveling public
Productive and a great place to work and meeting people.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 24, 2013
I began my day by setting up my work station, before passengers and my inbound flight arrive to gate. The paper work for my captain is ready for on time departure.
I think one of the most important things I've learned is persistence.
Not to give up too soon, because the solution is probably right in front of me.
I would say that I have never really had a problem working with anyone. I try to find our – more... common ground, and get along with everyone's different personality. I have found that if I take the time to talk with my manager at the beginning of a project, we can all get off to a great start on the same page.
My co-workers are all part of a well put together team. It's satisfying when everyone can do their part well, and it all comes together as a team effort.
The hardest part of my job is when a flight gets cancel and you tell the passenger, I cannot get you out until the next day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when my flight is not oversold and my flight leaves out on time without a delay. – less
Northwest is Great
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Washington StateDecember 5, 2012
Pros: wide variety of places
Cons: lots of remote areas
It is always my preference to work in the Northwest.

The area has a variety of environments. From large forests to open plains, you can see it all within a 1000 mile radius.
I love working for the airlines (even during the mergers)
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 5, 2012
Greatest customers, managers and co-workers.
Every day a different adventure.
Hardest part of the job was not being able to control the weather, or mechanical delays, however it made life so interesting.