Northwestern College Employee Reviews in United States

Great environment
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILMarch 11, 2016
Great work environment. Great management and I really enjoyed showing up to work everyday. They really take their time when they are training new hires and I really felt like I was part of the team.
fun place to work
Student worker/Library (Former Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILMarch 3, 2016
student worker in the library department
assisted in check outs as well as check in
helped students with computer trouble
Productive workplace with a friendly atmosphere and great camaraderie.
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Orange City, IAAugust 19, 2014
A typical work day consisted of working on multiple student/faculty/staff computers. Reading tickets on computers previously worked on and continuing that work or troubleshoot the computer to find the cause of the problem stated in the ticket. I learned about cleaning out malware, reloading operating systems, troubleshooting hardware and software, replacing parts that needed it (usually a dead hard drive). Management was good and I have come to consider many of my co-workers good friends. Hardest part of the job was figuring out a problem with a computer that no one could seem to figure out, or working harder because others didn't do the job as they should have. Most enjoyable part of the job was fixing the computers. Knowing that I was helping others was a huge boost to my confidence.
The College & Community Relations Departmentwas a fun and rewarding department to work in.
Director of College and Community Relations (Former Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILSeptember 10, 2013
Serving as Director of College & Community Relations allowed me to interact with some of the best people out there - high school students, parents, high school teachers, principals, and guidance counselors. Being able to interact with students in the classroom by means of a "life skills" presentation/workshop was incredibly rewarding. Knowing that I was appreciated for making a difference in a student's life and future educational/career plans was the most rewarding experince yet. The employees that made up the College & Community Relations Team were some of the most dedicated, talented and hard working individuals I've ever known.
Pros
new professional relationships and friendships made easily
Amazing company to work for
Employee (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 31, 2013
Great company to work for, they take care of their employees. Tough to have advancement within some departments. Great benefits and they really care about you as a person.
Pros
encouraging environment, focus on family
Cons
pay, lack of advancement
Overall employment
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILAugust 16, 2013
There is room for improvements. Long days and no lunch if time doesn't allow. Co-workers are good. Middle management tries hard but not much support from upper administration. Schedule is good only 30hr work weeks.
Pros
schedule mon-thurs
Cons
salary
Smaller school, great place to work and I miss it terribly.
Senior Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILOctober 24, 2012
We worked togeher as a team to accomplish the department goals.

I learned educational sales is different with each person and their families. One on one meetings, honest information and profesionalism works, not sneaky sales tactics.

The hardest part of this job was dealing with the constant numbers games and many people getting fired from admissions. This created an unhappy and unstable work environment.
Pros
smaller school where everyone knew each other. family feeling.
Cons
economy was down but my expected sales numbers just kept going up
Nice place for a career enhancement.
Federal Student Worker/Asst. to the Academic Dean (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2014
Displaying a professional and friendly atmosphere was a typical day at Northwestern College.
Pros
learned new skills that enhanced my career plan.
Accomodating hours with a team of three other co-workers. We're like a small family who live together four days a week and love to teach.
Associate Professor/Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILAugust 28, 2014
Currently, I oversee and teach the didactic portion Radiologic Technology at a College. Also,I teach Radiologic Technology at Northwestern College Monday-Thursday which gives me the advantage of working every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. In addition, My position is nine months, therefore, I’m available three months in the summer (March-June).
Pros
four long dasy going back and for throughout the day, paper wor, etc.
Cons
my passion to teach and make a difference in someone's learning experience.
Great place to work for students, flexible to school schedule.
Bookstore Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILNovember 5, 2013
A typical day was to help students in any way possible, There was very little communications between departments. The hardest part of the job was helping students who had not been properly notified of certain processes.
Cons
no benefits, vacations and personal days for part-time employees.
Laid back
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2015
Laid back environment with a touch job. Absolutely wonderful director of admissions. Learned discipline in dedication and how to take rejection over the phone and in person.
Ethical Place to work
Director of Admissions-ground campus (Former Employee) –  Naperville, IllinoisFebruary 23, 2013
NC is the most ethical place I have ever worked! NC truly has their student’s best interest at heart, I know because my daughter is a student! A typical day is helping employees and students make the best decisions to impact their lives. While at NC I learned that short cuts are never to be made in the lives of others! Doing what’s right when no one is looking is key to the success of the college as well as the individuals and students that are involved. The hardest part of the job was when a student did not pass compass and gain entrance in the program. The most enjoyable part of the job is changing the lives of others. NC is a great place to work and a great place to study!
Great
Assistant to Dean of Faculty (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 21, 2013
assist Dean of Faculty in all aspects of college work. class schedules, faculty assignment, constant contact with advisors and admissions. Great company to work for, good pay for little work with great benefits. would take this job back in a heartbeat
Decent college
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange City, IAMarch 22, 2014
Nothwestern is a Christian liberal arts college in the Midwest. The work environment is great, very relaxed and the employers are exceptionally friendly.

I learned how to develop my work ethic and be an independent worker as well as the ability to work as a team with other members staff in different departments. Multi-tasking has become second nature due to this job.

My co-workers were all amiable people and I can hold nothing against them.

The entire job was enjoyable and there was no particularly difficult part of the job.
Pros
enjoyable, relaxed work environment
Cons
healthcare, weather
Great hours and work while attending college
Student Development Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 10, 2012
Daily I worked as an Assistant to the office manager. I filed student documents, answered the phone, and other office administrative tasks.
I learned how to work in an office and to be detailed. My co-workers were not always pleasant, so I needed to learn to do my job cheerfully despite their attitudes. The hardest part of the job was learning the computer system, but once I was well trained in it I learned to enjoy it and be very efficient.
The most enjoyable part of this job was helping students.
Pros
flexible hours, new skills learned, helping people
Cons
low pay, minimal hours
great learning experiance
cook (Former Employee) –  minnesotaJanuary 19, 2012
great friendly place to start a career. Nice atmosphere and friendly staff to work with.
Pros
free lunch, sence of community.
Cons
not enough advancements
Routine Work
Student Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILOctober 29, 2014
Greet students to my department and help them with there specific needs.
Great school and place to work with management that treats you as family
Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 24, 2012
Northwestern is a Christ-centered school and workplace that loves to treat their students, employees, and clients well.
Pros
great manager, free lunches, flexible schedule
Cons
lower end of the pay scale
Productive with a pleasant atmosphere
Resident Assistand (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNApril 6, 2012
I work four different jobs at Northwestern. It holds high cultural values and I am thankful for that. We are held to high integrity. Northwestern is very organized and standard.
Teacher assistant
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 20, 2013
I had the opportunity to learn from a proffesional in the field
• Organized student activities
• Graded papers
• Provide instructional support for the teacher
• Perform exclusively non instructional or clerical tasks
Pros
great experience!