Northwestern College

Northwestern College Employer Reviews

Productive workplace with a friendly atmosphere and great camaraderie.
Senior Technician (Former Employee), Orange City, IAAugust 19, 2014
A typical work day consisted of working on multiple student/faculty/staff computers. Reading tickets on computers previously worked on and continuing that work or troubleshoot the computer to find the cause of the problem stated in the ticket. I learned about cleaning out malware, reloading operating systems, troubleshooting hardware and software, replacing – more... parts that needed it (usually a dead hard drive). Management was good and I have come to consider many of my co-workers good friends. Hardest part of the job was figuring out a problem with a computer that no one could seem to figure out, or working harder because others didn't do the job as they should have. Most enjoyable part of the job was fixing the computers. Knowing that I was helping others was a huge boost to my confidence. – less
Great enviroment to work in
RECORDS OFFICE CLERK (Former Employee), Bridgeview, IllinoisJuly 10, 2014
Working at Northwestern College I was able to further my experience as a administrative clerk.
Decent college
Library Assistant (Current Employee), Orange City, IAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: enjoyable, relaxed work environment
Cons: healthcare, weather
Nothwestern is a Christian liberal arts college in the Midwest. The work environment is great, very relaxed and the employers are exceptionally friendly.

I learned how to develop my work ethic and be an independent worker as well as the ability to work as a team with other members staff in different departments. Multi-tasking has become second nature – more... due to this job.

My co-workers were all amiable people and I can hold nothing against them.

The entire job was enjoyable and there was no particularly difficult part of the job. – less
fun job
Student Center Desk Worker (Former Employee), Orange City, IAJanuary 7, 2014
this work study was great. I did it for 3 plus years and i had so much fun doing it.
Excellent place to get an education
Library Student Worker (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNDecember 28, 2013
Pros: great education
Cons: should offer more classes
Excellent business department. Great faculty. Great education. Professors care about students.
Great place to work for students, flexible to school schedule.
Bookstore Clerk (Former Employee), Bridgeview, ILNovember 5, 2013
Cons: no benefits, vacations and personal days for part-time employees.
A typical day was to help students in any way possible, There was very little communications between departments. The hardest part of the job was helping students who had not been properly notified of certain processes.
The College & Community Relations Departmentwas a fun and rewarding department to work in.
Director of College and Community Relations (Former Employee), Bridgeview, ILSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: new professional relationships and friendships made easily
Serving as Director of College & Community Relations allowed me to interact with some of the best people out there - high school students, parents, high school teachers, principals, and guidance counselors. Being able to interact with students in the classroom by means of a "life skills" presentation/workshop was incredibly rewarding. Knowing that I – more... was appreciated for making a difference in a student's life and future educational/career plans was the most rewarding experince yet. The employees that made up the College & Community Relations Team were some of the most dedicated, talented and hard working individuals I've ever known. – less
Overall employment
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Bridgeview, ILAugust 16, 2013
Pros: schedule mon-thurs
Cons: salary
There is room for improvements. Long days and no lunch if time doesn't allow. Co-workers are good. Middle management tries hard but not much support from upper administration. Schedule is good only 30hr work weeks.
Teacher assistant
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJuly 20, 2013
Pros: great experience!
I had the opportunity to learn from a proffesional in the field
• Organized student activities
• Graded papers
• Provide instructional support for the teacher
• Perform exclusively non instructional or clerical tasks
Ethical Place to work
Director of Admissions-ground campus (Former Employee), Naperville, IllinoisFebruary 23, 2013
NC is the most ethical place I have ever worked! NC truly has their student’s best interest at heart, I know because my daughter is a student! A typical day is helping employees and students make the best decisions to impact their lives. While at NC I learned that short cuts are never to be made in the lives of others! Doing what’s right when no one – more... is looking is key to the success of the college as well as the individuals and students that are involved. The hardest part of the job was when a student did not pass compass and gain entrance in the program. The most enjoyable part of the job is changing the lives of others. NC is a great place to work and a great place to study! – less
GREAT
Assistant to Dean of Faculty (Former Employee), Naperville, ILFebruary 21, 2013
assist Dean of Faculty in all aspects of college work. class schedules, faculty assignment, constant contact with advisors and admissions. Great company to work for, good pay for little work with great benefits. would take this job back in a heartbeat
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 15, 2013
Graded papers
Answered student questions
Helped write exams
Amazing company to work for
Employee (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: encouraging environment, focus on family
Cons: pay, lack of advancement
Great company to work for, they take care of their employees. Tough to have advancement within some departments. Great benefits and they really care about you as a person.
Human Resources/Administration
Administrative/HR Assistant (Current Employee), Naperville, ILJanuary 29, 2013
I had a great boss and I enjoyed my co-workers. It was a small campus.
Great Place to work very comfortable,.
Student Services Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2012
I have been working for Northwestern College since working as student worker in the bookstore and then the change to admissions to a student services rep; I enjoy this position and very comfortable.
Smaller school, great place to work and I miss it terribly.
Senior Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee), Bridgeview, ILOctober 24, 2012
Pros: smaller school where everyone knew each other. family feeling.
Cons: economy was down but my expected sales numbers just kept going up
We worked togeher as a team to accomplish the department goals.

I learned educational sales is different with each person and their families. One on one meetings, honest information and profesionalism works, not sneaky sales tactics.

The hardest part of this job was dealing with the constant numbers games and many people getting fired from admissions. – more... This created an unhappy and unstable work environment. – less
Great school and place to work with management that treats you as family
Service Desk Technician (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNJuly 24, 2012
Pros: great manager, free lunches, flexible schedule
Cons: lower end of the pay scale
Northwestern is a Christ-centered school and workplace that loves to treat their students, employees, and clients well.
Great hours and work while attending college
Student Development Office Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJuly 10, 2012
Pros: flexible hours, new skills learned, helping people
Cons: low pay, minimal hours
Daily I worked as an Assistant to the office manager. I filed student documents, answered the phone, and other office administrative tasks.
I learned how to work in an office and to be detailed. My co-workers were not always pleasant, so I needed to learn to do my job cheerfully despite their attitudes. The hardest part of the job was learning the computer – more... system, but once I was well trained in it I learned to enjoy it and be very efficient.
The most enjoyable part of this job was helping students. – less
Productive with a pleasant atmosphere
Resident Assistand (Current Employee), St. Paul, MNApril 6, 2012
I work four different jobs at Northwestern. It holds high cultural values and I am thankful for that. We are held to high integrity. Northwestern is very organized and standard.
Great place for degree and employment
Student Center Receptionist (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 4, 2012
I have learned and integrated all my skills into a solid foundation to share with the rest of society.