Northwestern College Employee Reviews

not difficult
staff (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2017
it's a good place, good people, good students, i like coming to work i enjoy what i do the majority of the people here also like and enjoy what they do.
Ok
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILJanuary 31, 2017
They don't pay well for the amount of work that you'll have to do. Very stressful, work morale is very low, I wouldn't recommend working for this company.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Great place to work with questionable management at times.
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILJanuary 24, 2017
Northwestern is a small, for-profit school that offers various degrees in higher education. The people who work there on a lower level are all very close and personable. I thoroughly enjoyed working with all of them. I enjoyed the work itself as well.. it is diverse so it was able to hold my interest. It is also not something that just anybody can do because it is very detial oriented and requires strong attention to detail and organizational skills. During my time at Northwestern College, i learned everything about title IV funding, I learnd how to easily navigate and process information into the system (first assuring that all documents are in compliance with federal guidelines). We contacted students within our alpha range to inform them on what needed to be completed to complete their file and package each student. We would use Excel sheets of new. returning, and online students to come up with call strategies and form a plan of action. We would then contact students vis phone, email, and in class if necessary. Decisions made by management often received a large backlash from students and there was a "hand in your pocket" sense among many of them. Overall it was a great place to gain experience nad mett some great people along the way.
Laid back, stress-free work environment
Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Orange City, IAJanuary 11, 2017
Job responsibilities include organizing and sorting mail, learn customer service skills, attention to detail, and organizational skills, friendly coworkers and boss.
A great working atmosphere.
Director of Student Services (Current Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILJanuary 4, 2017
Northwestern college is home away from home. It's a great place to work for and management care for employees as well as students.

NC is the best decision I made in my life.
good working team/ needs updates
Senior Business Office Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILJuly 11, 2016
questionable locations ( a bit far). Not organized enough when it comes to filling.
campuses need to be updated on software and appearance/furniture.
Productive days
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILApril 18, 2016
Enjoyable
Able to gain more professionalism face to face interactions, learning experience, greatest pleasure in helping people (students)
Great environment
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILMarch 11, 2016
Great work environment. Great management and I really enjoyed showing up to work everyday. They really take their time when they are training new hires and I really felt like I was part of the team.
fun place to work
Student worker/Library (Former Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILMarch 3, 2016
student worker in the library department
assisted in check outs as well as check in
helped students with computer trouble
Laid back
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2015
Laid back environment with a touch job. Absolutely wonderful director of admissions. Learned discipline in dedication and how to take rejection over the phone and in person.
Routine Work
Student Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILOctober 29, 2014
Greet students to my department and help them with there specific needs.
Nice place for a career enhancement.
Federal Student Worker/Asst. to the Academic Dean (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2014
Displaying a professional and friendly atmosphere was a typical day at Northwestern College.
Pros
Learned new skills that enhanced my career plan.
Accomodating hours with a team of three other co-workers. We're like a small family who live together four days a week and love to teach.
Associate Professor/Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILAugust 28, 2014
Currently, I oversee and teach the didactic portion Radiologic Technology at a College. Also,I teach Radiologic Technology at Northwestern College Monday-Thursday which gives me the advantage of working every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. In addition, My position is nine months, therefore, I’m available three months in the summer (March-June).
Pros
Four long dasy going back and for throughout the day, paper wor, etc.
Cons
My passion to teach and make a difference in someone's learning experience.
Productive workplace with a friendly atmosphere and great camaraderie.
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Orange City, IAAugust 19, 2014
A typical work day consisted of working on multiple student/faculty/staff computers. Reading tickets on computers previously worked on and continuing that work or troubleshoot the computer to find the cause of the problem stated in the ticket. I learned about cleaning out malware, reloading operating systems, troubleshooting hardware and software, replacing parts that needed it (usually a dead hard drive). Management was good and I have come to consider many of my co-workers good friends. Hardest part of the job was figuring out a problem with a computer that no one could seem to figure out, or working harder because others didn't do the job as they should have. Most enjoyable part of the job was fixing the computers. Knowing that I was helping others was a huge boost to my confidence.
Great enviroment to work in
RECORDS OFFICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Bridgeview, IllinoisJuly 10, 2014
Working at Northwestern College I was able to further my experience as a administrative clerk.
Decent college
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange City, IAMarch 22, 2014
Nothwestern is a Christian liberal arts college in the Midwest. The work environment is great, very relaxed and the employers are exceptionally friendly.

I learned how to develop my work ethic and be an independent worker as well as the ability to work as a team with other members staff in different departments. Multi-tasking has become second nature due to this job.

My co-workers were all amiable people and I can hold nothing against them.

The entire job was enjoyable and there was no particularly difficult part of the job.
Pros
Enjoyable, relaxed work environment
Cons
healthcare, weather
fun job
Student Center Desk Worker (Former Employee) –  Orange City, IAJanuary 7, 2014
this work study was great. I did it for 3 plus years and i had so much fun doing it.
Excellent place to get an education
Library Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 28, 2013
Excellent business department. Great faculty. Great education. Professors care about students.
Pros
Great Education
Cons
Should offer more classes
Great place to work for students, flexible to school schedule.
Bookstore Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILNovember 5, 2013
A typical day was to help students in any way possible, There was very little communications between departments. The hardest part of the job was helping students who had not been properly notified of certain processes.
Cons
No benefits, vacations and personal days for part-time employees.
The College & Community Relations Departmentwas a fun and rewarding department to work in.
Director of College and Community Relations (Former Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILSeptember 10, 2013
Serving as Director of College & Community Relations allowed me to interact with some of the best people out there - high school students, parents, high school teachers, principals, and guidance counselors. Being able to interact with students in the classroom by means of a "life skills" presentation/workshop was incredibly rewarding. Knowing that I was appreciated for making a difference in a student's life and future educational/career plans was the most rewarding experince yet. The employees that made up the College & Community Relations Team were some of the most dedicated, talented and hard working individuals I've ever known.
Pros
New professional relationships and friendships made easily

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwestern College. Our community is ready to answer.