Northwestern Energy

Northwestern Energy Employer Reviews

Very few good things about working here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Huron, SDApril 13, 2014
Pros: lots of pto and pretty flexible on vacation days and days off
Cons: they hire family and friends a lot - even if they are very incompetent.
I had the non pleasure of working at this company for almost 5 years. I HATED the fact that they hire family of family consistently. Almost everyone I knew was hired because there stepfather worked there. Or they knew a manager or a supervisor well. The red tape and the bureaucracy was amongst some of the worst I have dealt with in my working career. – more... I learned that they won't fire you no matter how bad you suck as long as you try just a little. I learned that they don't stick to their own policy and procedures. I learned they are a bunch of hypocrites. I would run far away and not put my resume in here to work EVER. – less
Great, always doing different things, working in all sorts of subdivisions.
Hand excavation, Journeymen helper. (Former Employee), Marion, SDApril 12, 2014
Pros: learning form journeymen, doing different things every day.
Cons: the 2 hour drive and the bugs.
I loved working for Northwestern energy's, putting in gas lines, setting up meters, using heavy machinery, even digging customers by hand.

loved it all, I drove a combination of 2 hours a day to get to my home base in Marion SD. It was a great learning experience.
Very hard to get hired, experience gained outside company is not recognized.
Lineman (Current Employee), Butte, MontanaMay 22, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: hard to get hired unless you know someone, standards and ethics are very poor.
The general attitude is " All pay is the same!" Management is intimidated by knowledge and ambition. The concept of giving the customers the extra effort when their power is off eludes them!
Fun place to work - great teamwork
Customer Service Representative, Full-time (Current Employee), Huron, SDApril 1, 2012
Answer incoming phone calls regarding electric/natural gas bills/service/emergencies. Working with multiple screens and computer systems while on the phone with customers.
Productive, busy, high enery work place
dispatch (Former Employee), great falls, montanaFebruary 22, 2012
Pros: flexible times for lunch and appointments
Cons: processes were changed by mgmt not workers
some of the management techniques were sup par. did not always receive the neccessary info to complete tasks