Northwestern Energy Employee Reviews

great place to work with many opportunities
Journeyman Gasman/Serviceman (Former Employee), north platte, neJuly 23, 2015
Learned how to work in a team atmosphere with a lot of different personalities. Learned how to operate advanced tools and equipment meant specificially for this industry.
Good company
Design Drafter (Current Employee), BozemanMarch 23, 2015
Good company to work for.

Day to day can be stressful with unhappy customers but overall fairly easy going.

Good group of co-workers.
Technical Applications Analyst (Current Employee), Helena, MTFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: nice work environment
Cons: not alot of extra it training.
Helpful coworkers great work hours good compensation. There are great opportunites for advancement and it's just a fun place to work.
Toxic Office Environment
Dispatcher/Customer Care Rep (Former Employee), Great Falls, MTFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great vacation time, benefits
Cons: poor human resources, office management, inadequate pay for job
NWE is a good company with great benefits. Office management is horrible. Very clickish in the branch offices - if you didn't 'fit' with the current group of ladies working there, you were going down. No full training or explaination for certain tasks, yet expectations of complete competency for them. Upper management did nothing to resolve issues, just basically backed up the individual who had been there for 20 plus years without actually getting a full account of any problems.
Great working experience.
Substation Engineer (Current Employee), Butte, MTSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: plenty of advancement opportunity. friendly coworkers.
Cons: relocation options are not ideal.
Northwestern Energy is a great company to work for with many advancement opportunities. Their compensation is more than fair for the region, and their benefits package is more than adequate for a single person (can't speak for spouses/families).
Very few good things about working here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Huron, SDApril 13, 2014
Pros: lots of pto and pretty flexible on vacation days and days off
Cons: they hire family and friends a lot - even if they are very incompetent.
I had the non pleasure of working at this company for almost 5 years. I HATED the fact that they hire family of family consistently. Almost everyone I knew was hired because there stepfather worked there. Or they knew a manager or a supervisor well. The red tape and the bureaucracy was amongst some of the worst I have dealt with in my working career. I learned that they won't fire you no matter how bad you suck as long as you try just a little. I learned that they don't stick to their own policy and procedures. I learned they are a bunch of hypocrites. I would run far away and not put my resume in here to work EVER.
Great, always doing different things, working in all sorts of subdivisions.
Hand excavation, Journeymen helper. (Former Employee), Marion, SDApril 12, 2014
Pros: learning form journeymen, doing different things every day.
Cons: the 2 hour drive and the bugs.
I loved working for Northwestern energy's, putting in gas lines, setting up meters, using heavy machinery, even digging customers by hand.

loved it all, I drove a combination of 2 hours a day to get to my home base in Marion SD. It was a great learning experience.
Very hard to get hired, experience gained outside company is not recognized.
Lineman (Current Employee), Butte, MontanaMay 22, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: hard to get hired unless you know someone, standards and ethics are very poor.
The general attitude is " All pay is the same!" Management is intimidated by knowledge and ambition. The concept of giving the customers the extra effort when their power is off eludes them!
Productive, busy, high enery work place
dispatch (Former Employee), great falls, montanaFebruary 22, 2012
Pros: flexible times for lunch and appointments
Cons: processes were changed by mgmt not workers
some of the management techniques were sup par. did not always receive the neccessary info to complete tasks