Northwestern Medical Center Employee Reviews

Feels like family at NMC!
Staff (Current Employee) –  St. Albans, VTMay 5, 2016
NMC is a wonderful employer! Employees are friendly and caring and work together, no matter what department, to provide the best experience for patients and also each other. Benefits are rich and employees are valued. There are stressful days, as there are at any healthcare organization given the nature of the work, however having a strong team and management support is a wonderful buffer. Highly recommend joining the NMC family.
Dedicated staff and managers care about patients
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Albans, VTOctober 9, 2016
This is a small hospital with hard working staff who care about the patients. Some feel part of the "Family" and some do not. Doctors allowed to do what they want and they do, and everyone else have to follow Service Excellence Standards. Pay is lower than other Vermont hospitals across the board. Hardest part of the job is listening to leadership team demand "managing up", but they never manage anything up. It' always trouble when they visit our departments. The best part of the job is working with dedicated co-workers and caring for our community.
Pros
Staff work hard and care about patients
Cons
Top down leadership team
Great Rural Hospital
Director of Facilities Management (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTAugust 16, 2016
NMC is a family of employees.

There are not a lot of "politics" in this organization.

They excel at the services that they provide and only provide those services at which they excell.
Pros
A real family atmosphere with caring people as a whole.
Cons
Somewhat low pay scale
Enjoy patients
Unit Secretary Med Surg/ICU (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTNovember 22, 2015
I would be sitting in the nurses station doing paperwork and contacting and providers needed in the ICU. Answering call bells and talking to patients was a job out of my day.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
stressful situations
small community hospital
Multi Modality Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTJune 10, 2012
An extremely small hospital at the time I worked there. Only 50 beds. Management at that time was poor as there was a large turnover rate of directors. I have heard that has changed since my departure. A good core of co-workers. Night shift was very slow most nights.
small hospital and great new, clean hospital
physician assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTSeptember 16, 2014
Northwestern is a small, quaint hospital in Northern Vermont. It was a good hospital, but I needed full-time employment and they were unable to offer me a full-time position at that time. I worked there part-time.
just lost 6 nurses in 6 weeks, on one unit.
RN (Current Employee) –  FBCMarch 27, 2015
Nurses are burning out. Many of us require counselors and medications just to handle the chronic stress levels. Staffing is a major problem at times.
friendly atmosphere, helpful and always smiling and willing to help others.
Certifed Clinical Medical Asst (Former Employee) –  st albans vermontJune 20, 2013
Northwestern is a VERY good place to work for. Great working relationships, helpful, friendly.
Great starter hospital
ICU/PCU Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTMay 1, 2014
Good starting point for any RN, must develop skills to work independently quickly, great staff support
Intensive Care Unit Technician (ICU) (Current Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTMarch 8, 2013
I enjoy my job everyday. My coworkers are amazing and always helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwestern Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Northwestern Medical Center Reviews by Location