Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome
Coordinator Business Analysis & Reporting (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2016
I really enjoyed my employment with this organization. Great benefits and great staff and management. Loved working downtown
Financial Assessor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2016
A typical day is very busy. I learned a lot about insurance companies, and the co-workers were very friendly. Management is new and still learning the companies policy and procedures. The most enjoyably part of the job is it is never a boring day.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Very Productive work environment.
Phlebotomist/ Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2016
My reviews are good for this Company. No complaints. i Enjoyed working for this company. everyone worked together and efficiently.
No advancement
Claims Assessor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2015
Management was inefficient, I did not receive a monthly review, and I was told to not ask anyone else for assistance besides my supervisor, and even my supervisor wasn't helpful.

I did like some of my co-workers and some of them did help me when I asked them to, given that I've never done this type of work before. They were willing to help me more than some of the managers were, and they were very friendly.
Pros
Beautiful location
Cons
short breaks
Review
Physician Assistant Orthopaedic Surgery (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2013
Used my skills as a certified physician assistant in assessment and diagnosis along with my surgical skills in orthopedics.

Assisted Surgeon on daily clinical and surgical basis along with helping train medical assistants and nurses.

Most enjoyable part of the job was assisting with patient care and surgical procedures.
Pros
salary
Cons
management and physician
Great advancement and innovative learning
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2014
Great organization Room for growth
Flexible
Great Compensation
Fascinating, fast-paced hospital environment
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2013
Northwestern Memorial Hospital was the most interesting, most stimulating position in my career. I worked for three Hepatologists who prepared patients for liver transplant and three support nurses who kept weekly and monthly track of their conditions. I learned a lot about how hospitals functioned. Management was a little loose, leaving me to solve problems on my own, which enabled me to use a lot of my skills independently. The hardest part of the job was the volume of work produced by six people. The most enjoyable part of the job was being in an exciting medical environment. There was always something happening!
Pros
interesting campus
Cons
stress from volume of work
Productive and busy clinical practic
Medical Assistant/Phlebotmist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2012
A typical day at work is making sure all doctors, nurses and clinical staff have enough exam room and procedure room for patient visits.
What I learned is excellent communicative and interpersonal skills is
a must to have at NMFF. Management should always be open for meeting with co-workers individually and group session services to keep the moral balanced. Co-workers should always keep an open mind for communication together as a team no matter how busy a department get, that will help the flow for the clinic. The hardest part of the job is commnunication, the most enjoyable part of the job is making sure the patient have a productive and satisfied visit.
Pros
one hour lunch is a good day starting on time.
Cons
taking a lunch for only 30mins. and it's late in the day
Unorganized and hostile environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 17, 2015
Did not have a working computer until 1.5 weeks after start date, worked with very antagonistic people who treated you as if you had no intelligence or experience, supervisor should not have had such a role supervising others
Very interesting work in university hospital setting with desirably diverse culture.
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  OB/GYN/REI; Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2014
Provided pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative care to women undergoing certain surgical procedures with focus on assisted conception for infertility clients.

Patient population was diverse, and caring for and interacting with them was very rewarding in innumerable ways.

As in almost any workplace, one's experience is largely dependent on one's attitude and ability to filter through the valuable: i.e. lessons learned, positive differences made, and the less useful political and personality dramas that inevitably take place.

There are many very talented people at Northwestern but the culture for nurses is still regressive compared to that of a medical setting in which nurses have adequate representation as in the state of California.
Pros
cutting edge medical research and practice
Cons
many enormous egos; lack of adequate true representation for nurses such as employees' unions.

Want to know more about Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation?

Ask a question
fun family oriented type of place
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2012
a typical day at work would be a consistent patient flow, rooming patients and entering their history in to the EMR system. working with your assigned physician and covering to ensure everyone gets a break for lunch. I learned how to utilize the EMR system which will soon become prevalent and necessary in all offices. I also learned how to work under pressure because we'd sometimes have to work with 2 or 3 physicians at once, which made for a very hectic day.Unfortunately management was not great! we had one excellent manager who left to pursue other goals and new management was quite unfair.The hardest part of the job was having to deal with irate patients who were unhappy due to differing factors and also the many personalities of so many female employees! The best part is when we could all happily work together to achieve a common goal, having a successful work day. Also having close and personal friendly relationships with our providers and making establishing lasting friendships with patients as well as fellow employees.
Pros
drug rep lunches and dinners. office parties and hr long luch with many places in the area to enjoy
Cons
no early days at work, always off at 5 or later. also wknd hrs.
Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation has definitely strengthened my medical billing experience abundantly
Cash Poster/Biller-Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2014
Overall NMFF is satisfactory company to work for, however room for growth and advancement is not largely welcomed.
A great place to work
Lead, Par Contact Center (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2014
Typical day I answer calls when assistance in needed. I have learned alot about call center managment and supervisory duties. My co-workers enjoy my leadership skills. The hardest part of the job had been helping new Cancer patients that have been recently diagnosed. I love being able to help people and display my exceptional customer service skills.
Pros
monday through friday schedule with weekends off.
Cons
high call volume and some times not enough staff.
Excellent place to work
Contract Compliance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2013
As a contract compliance auditor, I was able to work with a variety of departments within the organization to assist in technological issues within the billing operating system as well as work collaboratively and collectively together to resolve claims not paid according to contract. More importantly, I had the pleasure in working and meeting with a variety of provider relations representatives from various insurance companies to resolve contract disputes.
Pros
holiday party
Nmff
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2013
The easiest work you will ever do, but also the hardest...Patients you will encounter on a day to day basis really make it all worthwhile.
Pros
people
Cons
no room for advancement
Love the patients love helping people love fostering relationships
CLINICAL PRACTICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  676 N, St ClaireFebruary 27, 2012
IT COULD BE A GOOD PLACE TO WORK BUT VERY COMPETITIVE not good for someone who enjoys there job and has a lot of selfconfidence.
Pros
good location, steady work
Cons
deceitful
Everyday it is something new.
Medical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 30, 2013
Overall it is an enjoyable place to work. The management is very nice, my co-workers are easy to get along with. The most enjoyable part of my day is laughing with my friends.
Productive work place
Insurance Follow-up Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2013
Interact with Insurance company for claim status, online claim status. Claims that have errors received from Availity formerly know as Real med resolve and resulbmit
Very nice place to work.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  ChicagoNovember 27, 2011
Northwestern is a very nice place to work. the people are very helpfull
Pros
always make people feel welcome.
Cons
parking is kind of hard to find.
Working at Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation
Administrative Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2013
Working here was one of the best job I worked at and this was my job of wanting to go back to school for to get a job in Healthcare.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation Reviews by Location