Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation Employee Reviews

Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation
Administrative Secretary - Nuclear Cardiology (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2017
Northwestern was an exceptional place to work. A typical work day was 7am to 3:30pm. I typed medical transcription and ran the administrative office in a face paced cardiology department.
Wonderful place to get great experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2017
Heavy workloads,demanding physicians and a very high population of patients. The best experience I've ever received and will carry for the remainder of my career.
Pros
learning and very great hands on experience
Cons
staffing issues
Fun workplace good management
Compliance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2017
Was a fun place to work. Management was very knowledgeable and able to answer any question you had and interacted with all of his staff. Very educational place to work.
Very good company to work for
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2017
Very good benefits and compensation. I would love to work her again. I had a very good work like experience. Nursing mothers are welcome here. Flex hours.
Pros
Health Club nearby
Productive and knowledgable
Service Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2017
This job prepared me for the future jobs in the medical field and the patients that I would encountered. Working in the position that I had gave me a better understanding of medical process.
Excellent location. They offer a variety of learning experiences
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 12, 2017
The staff was friendly and the role allowed a great opportunity to be challenge and grow and show both my leadership and communication skills within the organization.
Very productive and keeps you on your toes.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 18, 2016
Working at this location brings you so much experience. I enjoyed working with all types of people and not only do you gain some special co workers, you gain family.
great place to work
Registration Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2016
wonderful work environment to explore the world of rehab medical practices and therapy on all levels. this place will excite the minds of individuals who never knew therapy on all levels is very important
Financial Assessor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2016
A typical day is very busy. I learned a lot about insurance companies, and the co-workers were very friendly. Management is new and still learning the companies policy and procedures. The most enjoyably part of the job is it is never a boring day.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Awesome
Coordinator Business Analysis & Reporting (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2016
I really enjoyed my employment with this organization. Great benefits and great staff and management. Loved working downtown
Very Productive work environment.
Phlebotomist/ Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2016
My reviews are good for this Company. No complaints. i Enjoyed working for this company. everyone worked together and efficiently.
No advancement
Claims Assessor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2015
Management was inefficient, I did not receive a monthly review, and I was told to not ask anyone else for assistance besides my supervisor, and even my supervisor wasn't helpful.

I did like some of my co-workers and some of them did help me when I asked them to, given that I've never done this type of work before. They were willing to help me more than some of the managers were, and they were very friendly.
Pros
Beautiful location
Cons
short breaks
Unorganized and hostile environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 17, 2015
Did not have a working computer until 1.5 weeks after start date, worked with very antagonistic people who treated you as if you had no intelligence or experience, supervisor should not have had such a role supervising others
Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation has definitely strengthened my medical billing experience abundantly
Cash Poster/Biller-Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2014
Overall NMFF is satisfactory company to work for, however room for growth and advancement is not largely welcomed.
A great place to work
Lead, Par Contact Center (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2014
Typical day I answer calls when assistance in needed. I have learned alot about call center managment and supervisory duties. My co-workers enjoy my leadership skills. The hardest part of the job had been helping new Cancer patients that have been recently diagnosed. I love being able to help people and display my exceptional customer service skills.
Pros
Monday through Friday schedule with weekends off.
Cons
High call volume and some times not enough staff.
Great advancement and innovative learning
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2014
Great organization Room for growth
Flexible
Great Compensation
Very interesting work in university hospital setting with desirably diverse culture.
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  OB/GYN/REI; Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2014
Provided pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative care to women undergoing certain surgical procedures with focus on assisted conception for infertility clients.

Patient population was diverse, and caring for and interacting with them was very rewarding in innumerable ways.

As in almost any workplace, one's experience is largely dependent on one's attitude and ability to filter through the valuable: i.e. lessons learned, positive differences made, and the less useful political and personality dramas that inevitably take place.

There are many very talented people at Northwestern but the culture for nurses is still regressive compared to that of a medical setting in which nurses have adequate representation as in the state of California.
Pros
Cutting Edge medical research and practice
Cons
Many enormous egos; lack of adequate true representation for nurses such as employees' unions.
Possitive and fun work place.
Medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Grayslake, ILFebruary 4, 2014
Come in check and see if rooms are clean. Call patients for there results. Room patient take their vitals. Make sure all meds are in the computer.
Review
Physician Assistant Orthopaedic Surgery (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2013
Used my skills as a certified physician assistant in assessment and diagnosis along with my surgical skills in orthopedics.

Assisted Surgeon on daily clinical and surgical basis along with helping train medical assistants and nurses.

Most enjoyable part of the job was assisting with patient care and surgical procedures.
Pros
salary
Cons
management and physician
Productive work place
Insurance Follow-up Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2013
Interact with Insurance company for claim status, online claim status. Claims that have errors received from Availity formerly know as Real med resolve and resulbmit