Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation Employee Reviews in United States

Financial Assessor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2016
A typical day is very busy. I learned a lot about insurance companies, and the co-workers were very friendly. Management is new and still learning the companies policy and procedures. The most enjoyably part of the job is it is never a boring day.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Awesome
Coordinator Business Analysis & Reporting (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2016
I really enjoyed my employment with this organization. Great benefits and great staff and management. Loved working downtown
Very Productive work environment.
Phlebotomist/ Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2016
My reviews are good for this Company. No complaints. i Enjoyed working for this company. everyone worked together and efficiently.
Unorganized and hostile environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 17, 2015
Did not have a working computer until 1.5 weeks after start date, worked with very antagonistic people who treated you as if you had no intelligence or experience, supervisor should not have had such a role supervising others
Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation has definitely strengthened my medical billing experience abundantly
Cash Poster/Biller-Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2014
Overall NMFF is satisfactory company to work for, however room for growth and advancement is not largely welcomed.
A great place to work
Lead, Par Contact Center (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2014
Typical day I answer calls when assistance in needed. I have learned alot about call center managment and supervisory duties. My co-workers enjoy my leadership skills. The hardest part of the job had been helping new Cancer patients that have been recently diagnosed. I love being able to help people and display my exceptional customer service skills.
Pros
monday through friday schedule with weekends off.
Cons
high call volume and some times not enough staff.
Great advancement and innovative learning
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2014
Great organization Room for growth
Flexible
Great Compensation
Very interesting work in university hospital setting with desirably diverse culture.
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  OB/GYN/REI; Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2014
Provided pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative care to women undergoing certain surgical procedures with focus on assisted conception for infertility clients.

Patient population was diverse, and caring for and interacting with them was very rewarding in innumerable ways.

As in almost any workplace, one's experience is largely dependent on one's attitude and ability to filter through the valuable: i.e. lessons learned, positive differences made, and the less useful political and personality dramas that inevitably take place.

There are many very talented people at Northwestern but the culture for nurses is still regressive compared to that of a medical setting in which nurses have adequate representation as in the state of California.
Pros
cutting edge medical research and practice
Cons
many enormous egos; lack of adequate true representation for nurses such as employees' unions.
Possitive and fun work place.
Medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Grayslake, ILFebruary 4, 2014
Come in check and see if rooms are clean. Call patients for there results. Room patient take their vitals. Make sure all meds are in the computer.
Review
Physician Assistant Orthopaedic Surgery (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2013
Used my skills as a certified physician assistant in assessment and diagnosis along with my surgical skills in orthopedics.

Assisted Surgeon on daily clinical and surgical basis along with helping train medical assistants and nurses.

Most enjoyable part of the job was assisting with patient care and surgical procedures.
Pros
salary
Cons
management and physician

Want to know more about Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation?

Ask a question
Productive work place
Insurance Follow-up Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2013
Interact with Insurance company for claim status, online claim status. Claims that have errors received from Availity formerly know as Real med resolve and resulbmit
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2013
NMFF has a great environment, great managers, and can be a fun atmopshere
Great physicians
Fellowship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2013
Great physicians to work with; very helpful. Friendly staff.
Nmff
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2013
The easiest work you will ever do, but also the hardest...Patients you will encounter on a day to day basis really make it all worthwhile.
Pros
people
Cons
no room for advancement
Excellent place to work
Contract Compliance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2013
As a contract compliance auditor, I was able to work with a variety of departments within the organization to assist in technological issues within the billing operating system as well as work collaboratively and collectively together to resolve claims not paid according to contract. More importantly, I had the pleasure in working and meeting with a variety of provider relations representatives from various insurance companies to resolve contract disputes.
Pros
holiday party
Everyday it is something new.
Medical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 30, 2013
Overall it is an enjoyable place to work. The management is very nice, my co-workers are easy to get along with. The most enjoyable part of my day is laughing with my friends.
very bad place
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 25, 2013
Constantly being audited on a daily basis.
No legitimate reason for termination.
Pros
Cons
no break terrible managemnet
Busy enviroment. rate this company as a ***
Lead, 2 (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 27, 2013
Very busy work place ,many changes, daily not a stable environment, some what friendly.
Pros
learning environment.
Cons
too many rules that's not in writting.
Fascinating, fast-paced hospital environment
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2013
Northwestern Memorial Hospital was the most interesting, most stimulating position in my career. I worked for three Hepatologists who prepared patients for liver transplant and three support nurses who kept weekly and monthly track of their conditions. I learned a lot about how hospitals functioned. Management was a little loose, leaving me to solve problems on my own, which enabled me to use a lot of my skills independently. The hardest part of the job was the volume of work produced by six people. The most enjoyable part of the job was being in an exciting medical environment. There was always something happening!
Pros
interesting campus
Cons
stress from volume of work

Comment – April 22, 2013

I find it very difficult to get into Northwestern. I have healthcare experience in Medical Billing and Coding. I've been applying since last year and haven't received any feedback. I even applied for a position that you are currently employed in. How did you go about applying and obtaining your position?

Working at Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation
Administrative Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2013
Working here was one of the best job I worked at and this was my job of wanting to go back to school for to get a job in Healthcare.

Comment – April 22, 2013

I have applied for many positions with Northwestern. I just applied for your same role today. I have a background in Medical Billing and Coding, How did you go about applying? Was it difficult getting into Northwesterns for you as well?