Northwestern Memorial Hospital

Northwestern Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Great benefits, plenty of opportunities for advancement
Tech (Current Employee), ChicagoMay 13, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, plenty of opportunities for advancement
Cons: Difficult to balance home and work life especially if you have a family
Very busy and rewarding at the same time. Great teamwork among co-workers. Everyone one is hardworking and pleasant. Enjoyable work environment.
Intern
Student intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 11, 2015
This is where I learned all of my workplace skills. This is where I learned what it means to be professional. I learned about team work. I became more of a team player because of this role. I improved my MS Office skills here.
pastoral care in a challenging, caring environment
Chaplain intern (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 11, 2015
Pros: beautiful atmosphere
Cons: non paying internship
I feel secure in the work environment and medical team I work along side with in my daily schedule. Patients know that they are cared for and there is a way to communicate. I can offer some mediation and assistance in patients and family being able to express their feelings and be heard. There is valid time to pray with patients and I know that I do a lot of good support for others who need spiritual and religious attention during times of crisis and fear.
Great Place to work
Operator Service Supervisor (Former Employee), 201 E HuronMay 2, 2015
Great Benefits, good year end bonus, a pleasant working enviornment. It can be very political with promotional opportunities from within.
Very engaging workplace with supportive management.
RN (Pool) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 26, 2015
I loved working at this organization because I provided me with great experiences, paid well, and provided opportunity for growth.
Now part of Northwestern Medicine
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 22, 2015
Very nice atmosphere with many clinic locations to choose from. State of the art facility. Many lunch options available. PTO and short term disability as well as tuition reimbursement.
It is a good hospital to work for.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), PhlebotomistApril 18, 2015
Pros: It is a good place to work.
Cons: Some of the staff and management can be obsessive
You always keep yourself busy by working in many different departments of the hospital.

You can work with patients from ICU, psyche, or general,, and surgical, and the ER.
My review
Patient Registration Rep (Current Employee), chicago,ilApril 4, 2015
I have no review for this company at this time. but I enjoy working for NMH and look forward to my future endeavors where ever i'm employed
it was nice
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2015
The job was very nice I met a lot of new people. My co-workers were very friendly. The patients were also very nice and friendly. I worked long hours which I did not mind at all.
Education
Registered Nurse, Staff (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: benefit costs going up, no cost of living increases, minimal merit increases.
At Northwestern Hospital all Registered Nurses are encouraged to complete certifications for their specialty area as well as having a BSN degree. The hospital reimburses for educational programs at varying levels for part and full time employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is the patient/nurse interaction, getting to know people on a personal level and being able to help them by providing quality nursing care.
I'M NOT SURE EXACTLY WHAT IS BEING INQUIRED
STAFF RADIOGRAPHER (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2015
NMH PRODUCED A CARING AND FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE FOR THE PATIENTS. IN SPITE OF THE EVER CHANGING ADMINISTRATIVE POLICIES, I CARRY MANY FOND MEMORIES OF HOW WELL WE ADAPTED AND WORKED AS A TEAM TO ACCOMPLISH OUR GOALS. MY MANAGER WAS A NICE GUY AND I RESPECTED HIM VERY MUCH. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS LEAVING. NMH HAD MANY FAMOUS PEOPLE AS GUEST AT OUR FACILITIES AND YOU LEARN HOW TO TREAT EVERY PATIENT AS IF THEY ARE CELEBRITIES.
Great benefits, Team Players, great staff to work for.
ADMITTING INTERVIEWER (PATIENT REGISTRATION REP) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2015
Great benefits, enjoyed working with the Doctors in the department and all of the other reasons listed before for Northwestern
Professional
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2015
Pros: compassionate co workers, great pay and location
Cons: twelve hour shifts
I learned the genuine importance of Customer service. I appreciate the resources available to the employees. I enjoyed the location very much so.
Tops for patient care and compassion
Sterile Processing Technician II (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2015
Pros: benefits, room for advancement, challenging and rewarding
I knew that patient care and compassion is and should be a top priority at any healthcare facility. NMH has shown to be extremely patent care/customer satisfaction oriented. I have learned quite a bit about the importance of patient safety and care...along with patient care, I have also learned compassion and kindness go along with the patient satisfaction experience.
good place to learn
Linux/Unix Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2015
It is a lovely and good place to work. All the staffs are professional, Everyone is always eager to help, the managers always put staffs through the tough task and all of these make a good place to work.
Aproductive place to work with growth opportunities.
OB/GYN - Labor and Delivery (Former Employee), Chicago, IllinoisFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: able to switch off days with coworkers
Cons: parking was always a problem
A bhappy.usy department that required organizational skills. The hardest part was when a family lost their newborn. The most enjoyable part was patients being
It was a challenging Job
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: the patients would give you special gifts or accolades
Cons: short breaks
An overall vie of my day was great I learned to be compassionate to others and to have empathy with others . the management was quite unusual ,but I learned to get through the day with an attitude of thanksgiving my co-workers were a bit distasteful but I never let that get in the way of my work. the hardest part of my job was when I had to to do venipunctures on babies. and the most enjoyable part of my job was my patients, I loved my patients and they loved me.
Work at northwestern memorial
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2015
I have learned so much throughout my time at Northwestern. I have developed organizational and leadership skills while working on this unit. I gained the charge nurse position during my first year at the hospital. Having this leadership role taught me a lot time management and supporting my staff. I have gained a lot of friendships with the employees i have worked at. There was a lot of teamwork on my night shift and I do not think I could of made it without their support and help.
Growing company
IS Team Project Leader (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2015
Northwestern is a fast growing company- research is first and foremost which is amazing. The best part of working here is the fact that you know you are taking part in saving lives- every job here is part of the hospital mission.
Productive Workplace
Preauthorization Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: offers a lot of discounts
Cons: no breaks
Great Place to work. Assessible public transportation. Easy balance between work and personal life. Opportunities to advance to different areas in the organization.

1 2 3 4 5

About Northwestern Memorial Hospital

If you get blown over in the Windy City,¬†Northwestern Memorial HealthCare (NMHC)¬†can get you upright again. Its primary facility, – Read more

Northwestern Memorial Hospital Salaries