Northwestern Michigan College Employee Reviews

Good work experance
Tutor (Current Employee) –  MichiganMarch 26, 2017
Good place to work, flexible hours, Great management. I work with and help a very diverse group of people. I have enjoyed my time at the college both as an employee and a student.,
Repetitive, busy and dissappointing.
Private Tutor (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIFebruary 27, 2017
I would typically start my day by being handed a room with ten to twenty college students that were poorly taught in mathematics. Many of which were grown men and women who could not multiply/divide properly, and as a tutor I tried my best to teach them
it, only to return a week later and have to teach the same student it again. The most saddening part was that many of these students graduated college with the only mathematics classes they took were remedial courses. That fact was most saddening.
Pros
Easy, showed me how F'ed out education system is.
Cons
Low pay, impossibly high students-tutors ratios.
good benefits, pleasant work environment
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MISeptember 9, 2015
As a public school the benefits are state mandated.

Job changed from day to day with interesting projects.

Was able to make many improvements to job duties.
Upbeat workplace
Sound Mixing Boards (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMarch 30, 2015
Very outdated infrastructure when it comes to signing up for classes and interacting with you teacher. I appreciated several aspects, and disliked others.
Love my job, hate the pay
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJanuary 5, 2015
A typical day at work means using project management tools to produce marketing materials for all facets of the college. I've learned a lot about design and more about working within a team. I have great respect and adoration for my co-workers. I genuinely enjoy every part of my job and it will be hard to leave. The hardest part of my job is that hard fact that there is currently no room for my professional growth in the budget.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwestern Michigan College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4