Northwestern Mutual

Northwestern Mutual Employer Reviews

Excellent
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee), Marshall, MNMarch 30, 2015
Excellent place of employment for all levels. Everyone is so friendly and knowledgeable. Management treats you like one of their own and does not care about your title.
Great people but sales skills are a must
Intern, Financial Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2015
There is a great environment in the company but the financial representative job is very stressful as you are expected to create your own lead. Great earning potential but only a few salesman reach it
Great learning experience
Financial Representative Intern and Recruitment (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Supportive management and employees
Cons: Commission based
*Commission based
*Extensive training
*Self motivation
*Great Management and staff
*Care about employees
*All cold calling to find clients
Fun atmosphere.
Financial Representative Intern (Current Employee), Troy, MIMarch 22, 2015
They trained me well, and I learned a lot from the company. It was a great company to work for. I sat down with clients and discussed their future financial goals.
do it yourself company
Financial Representative (Current Employee), ConnecticutMarch 22, 2015
The experience working for this company is greatly dependent on the general agency's particular policies and procedures.
Great Environment
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Portland, ORMarch 16, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was achieving success and being recognized for it. This is a great company that prides themselves in being leaders of the industry.
Good people, but not a lot of training
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 13, 2015
The work environment was good, but little to no training. It was a learn-as-you-go type job. My boss was had a micro-managing style of leadership as well.
flexible work schedule
Associate Financial Representative (Current Employee), West Hartford, CTMarch 12, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no compensation benefits
Not a bad first job to understand business environments. Great people and atmosphere. You are like your own Boss and the responsibilities are solely left on you.
asdjddd dddd ddd ddd dd
Marketing Intern (Current Employee), Billings, MTMarch 10, 2015
Great company to work for. The position of a marketing intern is fun and different each day. The managers and staff are fun as well.
Client Servicing Experience
Assistant to Financial Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 9, 2015
Great place to get hands on communication and policy management with clients. Trying to tailor policy options to their needs and wants.
great experience
Investment Operation Intern (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 5, 2015
My supervisor is willing to answer any questions I have had, and co-workers are friendly and willing to help. I really had a great experience with them.
Great Job, just incredibly diffuclt
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Monroeville, PAMarch 4, 2015
You wake up, go into the office for training and then attempt to hold five meetings day and build a network from scratch. Incredibly rewarding but the grind can wear you down fast if you aren't built for it.
New Rewarding Experience
Administrative Secretary for Financial Advising (Former Employee), NYMarch 3, 2015
Entering the position with little to no experience in financial advising and investing, I was excited to learn new concepts. I was given a marketing position as well as front desk management. This required me to manage my time accordingly to ensure all work was completed. I worked under little supervision, and felt comfortable with the setting.
Fun Learning Experience
Public Relations/Marketing Intern (Current Employee), Fremont, NEFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: atmosphere
I have gained knowledge in event coordinating, recording budgets/financial records, developing key relationships with contacts, producing new creative advertising strategies, and hosting all events. I increased referrals for Northwestern Mutual by 104% in comparison to their 2014 results.
Marketing Specialist
Field Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: politics in the company
At that time Marketing department was pretty new, typical day on the phone, via email or in meetings. Hardest part was the politics in moving up in the company, a lot of tenured individuals so advancement is something you have to build towards.
fun
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 25, 2015
perfect place to wok wonderful environment and plenty of room for advancement...valued employees and management..lovely place to retire from
Tough Sales
Financial Representative (Former Employee), Lombard, ILFebruary 25, 2015
-Good work life balance
-Slightly lower compensation
-Fast paced and challenging environment
-Can advance quickly depending on what department you are in
Based on last position
N/A (Former Employee), N/AFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: management
My first few years at the company were the best. Loved the people I worked with and my manager. My last position however left a bad taste which is why my rating is so low. It is unfortunate because it's a good company if you are with the right people who will back you up and help you advance.
Productive Intern Program
College Intern (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 23, 2015
The intern program was great. They really spent alot of time training and making the interns productive Financial Representatives. I enjoyed my time as an intern and recommend it to others.
Amazing Company
Financial Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: compensation, flexible hours, culture
Cons: high pressure
I worked for NMFN for 4 months as an intern, and I absolutely loved it. There is no greater company culture than the one at Northwestern Mutual. The representatives all have a conviction for helping others. The company rewards hard work and will provide everything you need to be successful - it's up to the individual to rise up to the challenge and do great things.

I tried to find reasons why I shouldn't rate each category lower than 5 stars, but I could not. This is genuinely great company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Northwestern Mutual

The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company - Milwaukee, WI (Northwestern Mutual) has helped clients achieve financial security – Read more

Northwestern Mutual Salaries