Northwestern University

Northwestern University Employer Reviews

Great university. Learn a lot from it.
Computer Engineering (Former Employee), Evanston, ILNovember 4, 2014
I get my master's degree which major in computer engineering in Northwestern University. It's awesome!
Very interesting place to work in a very niche field of work
Intern, Center for Forced Migration Studies (Former Employee), Evanston, ILOctober 29, 2014
I wore many hats as an intern at the CFMS, taking on administrative work, research, mapping, and event planning and marketing.

I worked with other interns on multiple projects under the direction of our Supervisor and the head of the Center.
VERY GREAT AND SUCCESSFUL UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2014
Pros: great medical school and hospital
Cons: on low side of salaries
ONE OF THE BEST IN NATION WITH AMOUNT OF ADVANCED RESEARCH, HIGHLY QUALIFIED PROFESSORS
An excellent place to work with opportunities to improve your skills and realize personal goals
Lead Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Evanston, ILOctober 7, 2014
- Very good work life balance.
- Wonderful opportunity to improve you workplace skills.
- Opportunity to learn things related to realizing personal goals.
- Good long term employee benefits.
I like the company
Data Entry Sale Force (Former Employee), Evanston, ILOctober 4, 2014
I worked one day week.
Put Data information into saleforce.
Help with updated correct information into
Saleforce.
Great Place to work
Information Systems Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2014
Supervised Information systems planning, installation, and maintenance, including hardware and software upgrades.
Great Environment and Great People
Financial Administrator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2014
Working for Northwestern University has been a great experience. I have had the opportunity to meet so many great people and see so many important developments from the ground up. Being a research institution there is so much opportunity to learn and grow as an individual.
Very good place to work
Senior Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: working conditions, benefits, management
Cons: reconstruction
Northwestern was a very good place to work, The benefits and family attitude of management permeated throughout our department. I loved working at Northwestern University.
Experience at a premier research institution
Business Coordinator / Managing Editor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2014
Northwestern University is a wonderful place to work and grow, and feel like you are making a difference.
Fun and enjoyable environment to work for
Athletic Grounds Crew (Current Employee), Evanston, ILSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: learn many jobs, meet amazing people, fun people to work with and great hours.
Cons: temporary and can only work 1, 000 hours in a calendar year
Northwestern University, is a great place to work on an athletic grounds crew! At Northwestern there is always a new or project to be done. The people who I work with and who work in other athletic departments make for a great work environment. The hours are great, the pay is more than minimum wage and always room for overtime. A typical day at work – more... includes, picking up garbage outside at all of the athletic facilities, landscaping, preparing game fields and the stadium as well as arena for athletic events. Move tables and chairs to necessary locations, moving heavy furniture, and building furniture. Working on the athletic grounds crew at Northwestern, I've learned how to better problem solve, pay attention to detail, work as a team, work hard, work in many different weather conditions, and develop leadership skills. The management is executed well, in terms of placing people to do projects that best suite their strengths, or better develop a weakness. The most enjoyable part of the job is the many different amazing people I've met and the relationships I've developed over the years. – less
Great Place to Grow and Learn while Working
Office Assistant • Gifted LearningLinks Program (Former Employee), evanston, ILSeptember 20, 2014
Good people, lovely campus. I enjoyed working there as an office assistant. Expanded as I kept going in terms of duties, but management was incredibly friendly and personable. We even had desserts on my last day as a temp.
Productive and fun place to work with very smart people
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Evanston, ILSeptember 18, 2014
Overall, a great place to work. The benefits, which made it more worthwhile, was bit better than the the actual pay. I worked with an extremely supportive group of people. They looked out for me and that made me want to return the favor that much more.
I learned a lot about university culture and politics; I learned about event planning; I learned about – more... anticipating the needs of very different people; I learned how to communicate more effectively.
I thoroughly enjoyed the people that I worked with (both my supervisors and my work-study students) because their sense of humor made the workday move that much faster. – less
Good University
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee), Evanston, ILSeptember 17, 2014
Good Research Environment
Solid Metal Research
Good Professor
Wonderful place to work at and knowledgeable people who appreciate the difficulty of the tasks at hand
Coordinator, Auditory Physiology (Former Employee), Evanston, ILSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: wonderful professional people to work with
Cons: difficult tasks to perform with limited time
very understanding personnel but appreciative to my efforts. opportunities to excel in job performance.
Good work-study balance
Grader (Former Employee), Evanston, ILSeptember 2, 2014
Grading was fun because my Professor was kind enough to schedule my work commitments as per my study timings.
great place to work
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Evanston, ILJuly 14, 2014
Pros: university setting, new tools to learn in i/t
Cons: travel
productive and friendly environment worked on running main frame also doing backups on severs
Typical day
Security Officer (Former Employee), Evanston, ILJuly 1, 2014
•Maintain professional behavior at all time.
•Communication with staff/ police from campus through radio.
•Sign in all guests/ check ID from students.
•Secure doors/ windows from the building.
Fun, and Relaxing Atmosphere
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 26, 2014
• Entered employee data into the system; maintained tracking log using Excel
• Answered and quickly redirected up to 50 calls per day
• Directed guests and routed deliveries and courier services.
Busy professional multi-task job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 26, 2014
Cons: no benefits
Busy from start to finish registered patient checked patient ID,fix any students locked out check faxes and emails contact engineers for work orders print and sent out any correspondence.Co -workers worked as team taking turns on different office task. The hardest part was when engineers could not complete a project that day and had to reassign for – more... next day. Most enjoyable part of job was when students commended you on the work being well done. – less
Financial Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 14, 2014
NU is a wonderful place to work. Your experience greatly depends on the department you end up in.

1 2 3 4 5

About Northwestern University

What's NU? With its main campus in the Chicago suburb of Evanston, Northwestern University (NU) serves its 16,500 students through around – Read more